Ventus Black = Mitsubishi ____________?

Jeffyr11

I have been a Mitsubishi golf guy for as long as I can remember.  I have recently been fit for the Ventus Black 6X or 6s tipped and shortened.  I am wondering if Mitsubishi makes something that is comparable or not?

Titleist TSR3 8.25* | Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylor Made Stealth2+ 4W 15.75* | Ventus TR Blue 8 TX

Titleist TSR2 7W 20.25* | Ventus Blue 9 TX

Titleist T200 Utility 4i | Tensei 1K Black 95X

Titleist T150 (5-P) | Project X 6.0

Titleist SM9 Raw 52F/58T/62LBK | Project X 6.0

Taylor Made Spider Tour X Proto

Titleist Pro V1

I second this. Closed would be the Kuro Kage xd 60TX if you are in Ventus black 6x. 

• Like 1

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

Ventus | Fujikura Golf

Maybe the Diamana DF-Series?  It's close to a constant increase in stiffness from tip to butt:

Diamana_BF-RF-DF-ZF_r1v201806-3-01v2_2.jpg

Or maybe the Diamana PD series:

MCA-MCA_Diamana-PD-EI-Chart-v1.png

• Like 1

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

The Kuro Kage XD is similar in that it's a constant increase in stiffness from tip to butt, but nowhere near as pronounced of a change as the Ventus:

KUROKAGE_XD-XT-Silver%20DC%20TINI_r20180115-01.png

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Am I crazy to even think about trying this or if I was fit for a Ventus Black, just go with it?

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1

These are the two shafts that I currently go back/forth with in my Tsi3.  Ventus black 6x straight in or an XD60 TX.  I just get along with the XD so well its like my security blanket.  I think the XD spins a hair less and maybe launches a tad lower.  I definitely have to add weight to the head to get them to play the same swing weight as the Ventus comes out a tad on the lighter side for my tastes likely due to the stiffer tip in the XD when looking at those EI curves above.  Feel wise I prefer the XD but that's also maybe because I'm used to it.  But I could play the Ventus in a heartbeat as well.  

Like you, I'm a huge Mitsubishi fan.  MMT's in my irons and Tensei blue in the 3w.  Still looking for a hybrid shaft I like from them.  

Cally AI Smoke TD 9 Ventus Black 6x
Sim 16.5 Ventus Black 7x
Titeist TSi3 18 Hybrid GD Tour AD IZ 85x
Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-PW DG TI 120 X100
Vokey SM9 50/54/60
TM Spider X Tour Stability Shaft

ProV1

Having played both for a while I’d say the XD is the most comparable in the Mitsu lineup to the Ventus black. The XD always seemed to have a “long ball” in it from time to time, but the Ventus black for me is more consistent shot to shot.  I played the XD 70 TX tipped 1” and now playing the black 6X tipped 1”. 

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

44 minutes ago, shellbmb said:

These are the two shafts that I currently go back/forth with in my Tsi3.  Ventus black 6x straight in or an XD60 TX.  I just get along with the XD so well its like my security blanket.  I think the XD spins a hair less and maybe launches a tad lower.  I definitely have to add weight to the head to get them to play the same swing weight as the Ventus comes out a tad on the lighter side for my tastes likely due to the stiffer tip in the XD when looking at those EI curves above.  Feel wise I prefer the XD but that's also maybe because I'm used to it.  But I could play the Ventus in a heartbeat as well.  

Like you, I'm a huge Mitsubishi fan.  MMT's in my irons and Tensei blue in the 3w.  Still looking for a hybrid shaft I like from them.  

Gen 1 Thump hybrid is where it's at IMO, or if you can find an OG blueboard 103 and shim it into a hybrid, that might be cool

13 minutes ago, mcounci2 said:

Gen 1 Thump hybrid is where it's at IMO, or if you can find an OG blueboard 103 and shim it into a hybrid, that might be cool

I agree, Thump is a great option and has been my go to.  Hybrid is always a love hate but I have really liked the Pro Orange 80 that I have in mine currently.  Eventually will probably go back to the Thump but needed to swap to make sure I did not just give up on the club entirely.

Titleist Pro V1

Had the Ventus Black, now the Tensei 1k is my gamer.  I would say that in some ways they are similar.  Ventus is stiff in the handle while the Tensei 1k is softer. Mid section and tip are stiff for both shafts.  I'd say that the Tensei 1k launches maybe a touch lower and spins about the same as the Ventus Black.  Pros and cons are that the 1k gives me 4mph more ball speed but dispersion isn't nearly as tight.  Ventus Black is super stable and dispersion is tight but ball speeds couldn't touch the 1k which is why it's in my bag now. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

6 hours ago, Jeffyr11 said:

Am I crazy to even think about trying this or if I was fit for a Ventus Black, just go with it?

Not to sound cliché, but the Ventus Black has made my driving game so much more consistent. For me it controls spin so well and there is definitely some "forgiveness" factor to less then ideal strikes. It feels great too! Now I'm looking to get a new 4 wood setup with a Ventus and put a Ventus in my driving iron too Lol

Do it!!!

I am thinking of going with the Ventus and seeing how it works out, considering that is what I was fit for.  I appreciate the insight from everyone, great to know many willing to share thoughts to help me out.

Titleist Pro V1

7 hours ago, Jeffyr11 said:

That would be my thinking, lol.

At least give Ventus Black a fair and honest trial run, you could always resell it. Or the real WRX thing to do would be buy the Fuji and whatever MRC you decide on, and take both to range and course a few times, keep the better performing shaft. I used to be a Mitsubishi fan but as I have said in numerous posts recently- I’m definitely not a fan of all the f*ckery they have been doing with only TX flex having the top end materials.

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

25 minutes ago, KevCannon said:

That would be my thinking, lol.

At least give Ventus Black a fair and honest trial run, you could always resell it. Or the real WRX thing to do would be buy the Fuji and whatever MRC you decide on, and take both to range and course a few times, keep the better performing shaft. I used to be a Mitsubishi fan but as I have said in numerous posts recently- I’m definitely not a fan of all the f*ckery they have been doing with only TX flex having the top end materials.

I have been called worse things by my wife lol 

Titleist Pro V1

In regards to Ventus Black. I was fit and hit the 6X but my fitter said that he has had good luck with the 6s Tipped and then shortened to get a little flatter ball flight.  Thoughts?

Titleist Pro V1

Ventus black fan here, so I vote give it a shot. That being said I have never kept a combo that my heart wasn’t into. If numbers are comparable go with what you trust more, but you should give it a fair shake if you got fit for it. If your only issue is that it doesn’t say MRC on it, that’s your call. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 10:05 AM, Nevek said:

Tensei 1k or D+ Limited TX?

Both of those shafts have much softer butt ends than the Ventus Black.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

9 minutes ago, ignitewvu said:

Both of those shafts have much softer butt ends than the Ventus Black.

I can attest to that.  I had the Ventus Black and currently gaming the Tensei 1k.  Tensei 1k launches slightly lower.  Spin is same.  They both feel very stiff throughout but the 1k feels even stiffer in the mid to me there fore the Ventus Black has a little more kick to it.  Both stable but I see the lefts more with the 1k.  On the flip side, I see a little more ball speed with the 1k. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

4 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I can attest to that.  I had the Ventus Black and currently gaming the Tensei 1k.  Tensei 1k launches slightly lower.  Spin is same.  They both feel very stiff throughout but the 1k feels even stiffer in the mid to me there fore the Ventus Black has a little more kick to it.  Both stable but I see the lefts more with the 1k. 

The 1K is the most unique shaft MCA has made in years and it's awesome.  Feel wise it is lightyears beyond what the Ventus Black is IF you like a softer butt end.   

Both Incredible shaft but they are different on the grip end for sure.

Edited by ignitewvu
  • Like 2

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115

Just now, ignitewvu said:

The 1K is the most unique shaft MCA has made in years and it's awesome.  Feel wise it is lightyears beyond what the Ventus Black is IF you like a softer butt end.   

I agree!  1k feels smoother.  Not a big feel guy, but it's nice to have a shaft that has almost no kick that doesn't feel like a telephone.  Tough to tame the beast, but when I connect I get 10 to 15 yards more off the tee than the Ventus Black and 3 mph more ball speed as well on average. 

20 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I agree!  1k feels smoother.  Not a big feel guy, but it's nice to have a shaft that has almost no kick that doesn't feel like a telephone.  Tough to tame the beast, but when I connect I get 10 to 15 yards more off the tee than the Ventus Black and 3 mph more ball speed as well on average. 

24 minutes ago, ignitewvu said:

Both Incredible shaft but they are different on the grip end for sure.

Looking at them on paper is interesting, and I don't think it's inappropriate to say that the 1K line was/is a reaction to the Ventus to a certain extent. 

1238798906_ScreenShot2021-08-16at7_08_27AM.png.9454902e8218dbe078a382398fae42d8.png

The Ventus is the stiffer one on top. The 1K White profile basically looks like what you would get if you smoothed/softened the stiffest parts of the Ventus Black to make a slightly "friendlier" profile while still being very linear/stable. There are elements of the Pro Orange design in here as well it looks like, which is interesting given that MRC haven't seemed to figure out what exactly they want to do with their "Orange" profiles yet. 

https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/fujikura-ventus-golf-shaft-review/
https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/tensei-pro-white-1k-golf-shaft-review/

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

5 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Looking at them on paper is interesting, and I don't think it's inappropriate to say that the 1K line was/is a reaction to the Ventus to a certain extent. 

1238798906_ScreenShot2021-08-16at7_08_27AM.png.9454902e8218dbe078a382398fae42d8.png

The Ventus is the stiffer one on top. The 1K White profile basically looks like what you would get if you smoothed/softened the stiffest parts of the Ventus Black to make a slightly "friendlier" profile while still being very linear/stable. There are elements of the Pro Orange design in here as well it looks like, which is interesting given that MRC haven't seemed to figure out what exactly they want to do with their "Orange" profiles yet. 

https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/fujikura-ventus-golf-shaft-review/
https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/tensei-pro-white-1k-golf-shaft-review/

Isn't the CK Pro Orange just counterbalanced version of the CK Pro White?  The EI profile does portray that the Ventus Black is stiffer overall, but the 1k is not soft by any means.  I did have the 1k tipped an inch so that may be a factor into why it feels so stiff.  I would like to add that I might look into the Diamana PD when it's released in September. 

Edited by phizzy30

41 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Isn't the CK Pro Orange just counterbalanced version of the CK Pro White?  The EI profile does portray that the Ventus Black is stiffer overall, but the 1k is not soft by any means.  I did have the 1k tipped an inch so that may be a factor into why it feels so stiff.  I would like to add that I might look into the Diamana PD when it's released in September. 

They would both fit into the traditional "White" profile category, but the Pro Orange has a number of differences. Smaller butt diameter (softer handle) and the MR70 tip section which seems to have been used to make a larger section of the bottom of the shaft stiffer/more linear. 

1340291042_ScreenShot2021-08-16at1_49_53PM.png.1cdbf28641d887656a61838bc0fb3aa1.png

https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/mitsubishi-tensei-pro-white-driver-shaft-review/
https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/mitsubishi-tensei-pro-orange-golf-shaft-review/

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Bridgestone 

The most direct comparison to the Ventus Black is probably the Hzrdus T1100.  Bring an aggressive swing with a late release for both!  The 1k is probably the closest in the Mitsubishi line but as mentioned in a post above, I think it's a little friendlier shaft will work for more than just very aggressive swingers.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 6:47 PM, RobS said:

The most direct comparison to the Ventus Black is probably the Hzrdus T1100.  Bring an aggressive swing with a late release for both!  The 1k is probably the closest in the Mitsubishi line but as mentioned in a post above, I think it's a little friendlier shaft will work for more than just very aggressive swingers.

Ventus Black is way more similar to the T1100 than the 1K.  While I liked the black, it just couldn't get it to work which my injuries this season.

I spent an hour hitting drives today at the range with 1K & once I got the timing down I was crushing it.  There is A LOT of feel in the handle of the 1k which I personally love.  IMO it's closer to the Classic Whiteboard Profile than the old CK Pro White was.  Once I got my takeaway slowed down it was like an old friend.

I have a scramble Monday & I'm looked forward to seeing how the 1k holds up under pressure.

Edited by ignitewvu
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 3:47 PM, RobS said:

49 minutes ago, ignitewvu said:

Ventus Black is way more similar to the T1100 than the 1K.  While I liked the black, it just couldn't get it to work which my injuries this season.

I spent an hour hitting drives today at the range with 1K & once I got the timing down I was crushing it.  There is A LOT of feel in the handle of the 1k which I personally love.  IMO it's closer to the Classic Whiteboard Profile than the old CK Pro White was.  Once I got my takeaway slowed down it was like an old friend.

I have a scramble Monday & I'm looked forward to seeing how the 1k holds up under pressure.

This is all tracks with the EI profile info with the T1100 being extremely similar to the Ventus Black and the 1K being softer and more linear in the handle than the Pro White. 

• Like 1

Bridgestone