pls delete

26 minutes ago, Noodler said:

Exactly.  For those who are on the "tools, not jewels" argument, those of us who actually have used loft/lie bending machines will note that the type and position of the dents in these specific clubs are a clear indicator that the operator was fairly clueless.  This isn't just normal bend marks due to the appropriate use of the tool, this situation was the result of pure ignorance.  There are marks you might expect to see versus those that clearly show poorly adjusted clamping or incorrect clamping being used.

Honestly surprised there are no issues from where the bar was used on the hosel, thats would be one of my main worries

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

Outrageously hideous workmanship.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G425 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Hzrdus Black 5.5*
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
4 Hybrid: Ping G425 (22 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S
Irons: Mizuno MP -20 (MMC) 6-PW - KBS $ Taper (120)
Vokey (50 Degree) SM7 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (54 Degree) SM7 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

I can’t believe some are making excuses and you shouldn’t expect a decent job of protecting clubs from damage.

I bought a Mitchell loft and lie machine with some extra cash years ago, and I am no expert by any means, but I never damaged clubs like in the pics, and I’m talking about the first clubs I ever bent myself with no training.

I bent them 3 degrees and the clubs didn’t look anything like the pics. 

• Like 2

It amazes me anyone commenting can justify that kind of workmanship. Refunding you the cost of the work they performed does not come close to compensating you.

Get the local Mizuno rep involved. Play the season and have them send them back to Mizuno to refinish them.

*I'd loose the mullet also.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hack Daddy said:

By the way, of I read this correctly, it was at your home club? 

Take your complaints out of the pro shop, and up to club management. Is your club part of a corp? Take it to corp headquarters. Etc. 

No way I'd let that ride, and exactly the reason I learned to bend clubs and bought my own machine...

Home course.  Keep in mind, this is a very small city in Canada.  I have reached out to the GM, (nice guy) but he is out of the office so I am still waiting to see what the response is.  It's a very nice course, but we are not talking a huge operation here with 54 holes and 3000 members.  It's not part of a corp. chain of courses.  In fact, I am not even sure who the ownership is at the moment as it has changed hands a few times.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MakersMarsh3 said:

I mean technically they got the job done?? Lofts and lies were changed

You never talked about level of standard you wanted. You talked about everything but the care of your clubs it seems, even though that really matters to you...

How much work does this shop do??? Are they a legit shop 100% dedicated to only clubs with a full time fitter/builder? 

If you talked directly to fitter, how does this not come up in the conversation???

Options are limited but you have another option......

Imagine taking your high end car that you really care about to a random shop...... come on man

You better be a long standing, high spending, really important member to be asking for everything youre asking for

Good luck brotha

I do think golf town probably would have done a better job, just a FYI

What exactly am I asking for that's unreasonable?  Paying for a service and expecting them to treat my possession with care?  I would hate to do business with someone like yourself.  I run a business and while it's not exactly similar to the golf industry, I would never hand a final product to our customers that I wouldn't be completely satisfied with myself and expect them to be happy with it.  

7 hours ago, JeffreySpicoli said:

The OP continues to push a straw man argument that many in this thread believe that the club work was done appropriately. That's simply untrue.

Rather many (most? all?) believe that the club work was substandard. So what then is the disagreement with the OP?

1) The OP was naive in taking his clubs to these folks when he knew nothing about the quality of their work and he didn't bother to ask appropriate questions or take proper precautions (such as having one club done rather than an entire set of irons). 

2) The OP has unrealistic expectations as to what type of compensation he'll receive from the offending shop. The probability is that he'll be offered a refund for the shoddy services and, perhaps, if he's lucky, some credit toward future services. A new set of replacement irons is a pipe dream.

You're making A LOT of assumptions about OP which I have never personally answered and you definitely haven't asked.  

I don't recall stating that I wanted a set of replacement irons on their dime.  At worst, I thought it would be fair to sell me a set at wholesale cost.  

5 minutes ago, kerrlybill said:

At worst, I thought it would be fair to sell me a set at wholesale cost.

That's probably the perfect outcome to offer them. It wouldn't actually cost them anything and you'd take ownership of retained value on selling the damaged set to somebody who doesn't care about the dents. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kerrlybill said:

You're making A LOT of assumptions about OP which I have never personally answered and you definitely haven't asked.  

I don't recall stating that I wanted a set of replacement irons on their dime.  At worst, I thought it would be fair to sell me a set at wholesale cost.  

I’ve made no assumptions about you. Everything I’ve stated is based on what you’ve written.

As far as new irons, I never said anything about what might be or might not be on their dime. Read more carefully and you might understand that I excluded new irons regardless of how much they might pay—full cost or wholesale. I left that open so you would find less to quibble with but you misread what I wrote and thus you nonetheless quibbled but in error.

Back to what’s central to this thread . . .

1) You performed poor due diligence.

2) You have unreasonable expectations as to appropriate compensation for your perceived damages.

On the hand, it’d be entertaining to see you on Judge Judy or a similar show!

• Thanks 1

I agree with most that the pro shop does bear some responsibility. As I am a watcher of the people court with Judge Milian. She would say that the pro shop bears the burden of making the OP whole in this matter. So if they were out of the box and damaged, then you can make your case for a new set of clubs. If the clubs are used, then they would be given some value and an agreeable form of retribution should be made. Now if both parties can’t agree on the retribution, you take to small claims which I would not suggest. If I were the OP, see if they can buff out the mess and maybe regrip your clubs with a grip of your choice for the poor workmanship. Case closed

Cobra LTD 10.5* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5*  TP7HD 

Cobra F9 Hybrid 21 

Taylormade M1 Attas 4-AW

Taylormade 53/ 59 HiToe

Bobby Grace BEni
Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

27 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

I agree with most that the pro shop does bear some responsibility. As I am a watcher of the people court with Judge Milian. She would say that the pro shop bears the burden of making the OP whole in this matter. So if they were out of the box and damaged, then you can make your case for a new set of clubs. If the clubs are used, then they would be given some value and an agreeable form of retribution should be made. Now if both parties can’t agree on the retribution, you take to small claims which I would not suggest. If I were the OP, see if they can buff out the mess and maybe regrip your clubs with a grip of your choice for the poor workmanship. Case closed

I would not do small claims court.  I do not have the time or the will to take it that far.  

They won't be touching my clubs again so buffing and grips are out of the question.  

4 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

Seriously?! Those are all normal marks and to be expected on a forged club. I have a Mitchell L/L machine at home and it leaves those marks on forged clubs. It even leaves marks on cast clubs. The face marks should be able to be removed. 

If you don't like it, buy a L/L machine and do it yourself. It does not lessen the resale value at all. 

You are also not entitled to any type of discount, wholesale purchase or refund. That is absurd!

Just be glad you didn't take it to PGA, GG or one of those other places where they really butcher clubs.

Lies.

I have a Mitchell LL machine, I posted pictures of my irons after having done L/L adjustments to the exact clubs the OP owns.  If you take a look at my pictures which I posted on this thread, you'll see your claims of this being "normal marks" are patently false.  Not just false, patently false!

I'm no master club-fitter, I just play one on the weekends, and if you wanna come over I can show you how to use your Mitchell properly. 

Edited by gibbiesmalls
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kerrlybill said:

I don't know how much due diligence you expect a person to do before the responsibility of the service provider doing a horrible job, becomes the responsibility of the service provider.  Whatever that is, seems unreasonable.  

Keep in mind, I live in a small city in Canada so my options are severely limited to what you would have in a giant Metro area.  Golf Town doesn't even align grips properly so they are out.  (I do grips myself now).  

-I was advised by friends and through staff that the work they do here is very good.  Although I don't specifically know if any of them had the same service done. 

-I reached out to the GM to see what the turn around time would be on this service and he gave me a schedule 

-I was at the course the next day and the GM introduced me to the head fitter/builder and assured me I was in good hands.  

-I prepared a detailed spread sheet of what exactly I was looking for and what the end result should be.

Based on everything that occurred up to this point, I felt pretty comfortable.  However, according to you I still didn't perform proper due diligence and I am to blame because I didn't specify that I didn't care what condition my clubs were returned in.  

Selling me a set at wholesale would not be considered as compensation.  Compensation implies rewarding for a loss.  Compensation does not imply that the "receiver" need to use his own funds and time (sell damaged set) to feel whole.  This would cost my course nothing.

I see the light now. You’ve been victimized.

I’m so sorry that this has happened to you. My hope for you is that you find internal peace and that you are brought together with a set of irons that you can wholeheartedly love and cherish.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JeffreySpicoli said:

I’ve made no assumptions about you. Everything I’ve stated is based on what you’ve written.

As far as new irons, I never said anything about what might be or might not be on their dime. Read more carefully and you might understand that I excluded new irons regardless of how much they might pay—full cost or wholesale. I left that open so you would find less to quibble with but you misread what I wrote and thus you nonetheless quibbled but in error.

Back to what’s central to this thread . . .

1) You performed poor due diligence.

2) You have unreasonable expectations as to appropriate compensation for your perceived damages.

On the hand, it’d be entertaining to see you on Judge Judy or a similar show!

Improper due diligence does not negate gross negligence... (If we're being legally technical, here 😎)

Trust me when I tell you, what OP got back was gross negligence. 

• Haha 1

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero, Rogue Silver 70g
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 3W, Rogue Black 80g
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Evnroll ER2
TP5X

1 hour ago, gibbiesmalls said:

Lies.

I have a Mitchell LL machine, I posted pictures of my irons after having done L/L adjustments to the exact clubs the OP owns.  If you take a look at my pictures which I posted on this thread, you'll see your claims of this being "normal marks" are patently false.  Not just false, patently false!

I'm no master club-fitter, I just play one on the weekends, and if you wanna come over I can show you how to use your Mitchell properly. 

You must bend clubs like a fairy princess! I've had the same Mitchell for 17 years, marks happen and it's totally normal. 

These are tools used to play a game, they hit the ground. You run the risk of hitting rocks, sticks, tree roots etc. Bending marks are the least of anyone's concerns. Gimme a break!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hack Daddy said:

Improper due diligence does not negate gross negligence... (If we're being legally technical, here 😎)

Trust me when I tell you, what OP got back was gross negligence. 

He got back what he paid for...loft and lie adjustment. You have to pay extra for the "white glove, fairy princess loft and lie adjustment."

If this is what the OP complains about then he's probably the same person that complains coffee is too hot or his ice cream melted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

He got back what he paid for...loft and lie adjustment. You have to pay extra for the "white glove, fairy princess loft and lie adjustment."

If this is what the OP complains about then he's probably the same person that complains coffee is too hot or his ice cream melted.

Great rebuttal 😮 

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Evnroll ER2
TP5X

2 minutes ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

You must bend clubs like a fairy princess! I've had the same Mitchell for 17 years, marks happen and it's totally normal. 

These are tools used to play a game, they hit the ground. You run the risk of hitting rocks, sticks, tree roots etc. Bending marks are the least of anyone's concerns. Gimme a break!

That's me bud, fairy princess club builder.  My offer still stands of showing you how to use your Mitchell machine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

That's me bud, fairy princess club builder.  My offer still stands of showing you how to use your Mitchell machine.

We could give him a multi-part series. You know, too much information at one time may be an issue for some...

• Haha 1

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Evnroll ER2
TP5X

5 hours ago, kerrlybill said:

What exactly am I asking for that's unreasonable?  Paying for a service and expecting them to treat my possession with care?  I would hate to do business with someone like yourself.  I run a business and while it's not exactly similar to the golf industry, I would never hand a final product to our customers that I wouldn't be completely satisfied with myself and expect them to be happy with it.  

A new set of clubs at cost?? Come on man, If you cared that much, you need to be specific!!!! 

Did you ask for them to come back with zero marks? Did you comment or ask anything about their care?

You know they are soft forged clubs I would hope

This is the problem my man. You are expecting people to care as much as you. They don't, they never will. That is life.

I own a few companies pard. This wouldn't fly at any of my operations.

But you don't know anything about them or me, so please don't comment on whether you would do business with me, simple as that

Good luck with your clubs 

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

2 hours ago, gibbiesmalls said:

I'm good but thanks! Over 25 years of experience building and repairing clubs. 

To be honest I could care less if there are marks on my clubs. It doesn't hurt the club or the value.

You people are wound way too tight to waste this much energy on this. Good luck!

1 minute ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

I'm good but thanks! Over 25 years of experience building and repairing clubs. 

To be honest I could care less if there are marks on my clubs. It doesn't hurt the club or the value.

You people are wound way too tight to waste this much energy on this. Good luck!

I'm fairly sure the expression is "I couldn't care less..." as in... you have no more care to give. I could care less implies you indeed care.  

Can't say you didn't learn something today!   Hit em straight bud!

xoxo

Gib

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, gibbiesmalls said:

I'm fairly sure the expression is "I couldn't care less..." as in... you have no more care to give. I could care less implies you indeed care.  

Can't say you didn't learn something today!   Hit em straight bud!

xoxo

Gib

Hey Professor,

Is It 'Could' or 'Couldn't Care Less'?

Merriam-Webster treats the phrases couldn't care less and could care less as synonymous, both meaning "not concerned or interested at all." "Couldn't care less" is the older and more obvious phrase grammatically, but it has been confused for so long that both are now defined. Additionally, the example sentence "it's impossible that [I] could care less" is the same as the intended meaning.

In an attempt to add another dubious assertion to our collection of rhetorical proclamations, we may state with absolute assurance that there are but two kinds of people in this world: those who feel very angry when someone omits a negative particle in “I couldn’t care less,” and those who don’t give such matters much thought. Is there a meaningful difference between these kinds of people, or these two phrases?

Could vs. Couldn't

We define could care less and couldn’t care less on the same page, with the single definition “used to indicate that one is not at all concerned about or interested in something.” We do not put these seemingly disparate idioms on the same page in order to save space, or so that we might cause you pain. We do it because one is simply a variant of the other, and they are used in a synonymous manner.

There is little doubt that couldn’t care less is the older form, although no one is certain where this came from. There has been speculation that it is British in origin, and that American soldiers returning from World War II brought it to these shores. While it may indeed have come from the United Kingdom, there is clear evidence that couldn’t care less was in use prior to the 1940s. (Which applies to you? British or born before 1940?!)

Could care less does not appear to have become a fixed variant until some time after this.

There have been numerous theories about why people began to drop the negative particle, including sarcasm, lack of education, and that the phrase simply sounds better when omitting the not. We have no firm opinion on any of these, but would like to point out that uses of could care less with the negation given elsewhere in the sentence have been around for a fairly long time.

Correct Usage: Either

We understand why could care less sticks in your craw: it appears to mean something rather opposed to what it purports to mean. The person who says “I could care less” is, on the face of it, stating “Yes, it would be possible for me to care less deeply about this matter than I do, and therefore I am betraying some unspecified degree of care.” But if you are the kind of person who cries out against this abomination we must warn you that people who go through life expecting informal variant idioms in English to behave logically are setting themselves up for a lifetime of hurt.

Both could and couldn’t care less are informal, and so you are unlikely to use either one in formal writing. If you have need of using it in some other context, and would like to avoid alienating some portion of your audience you should stick with couldn’t care less. And if you can’t get past some people continuing to use could care less, and the fact that there’s nothing you can do about it, you may console yourself with the notion that at least they are not saying “I could care fewer.”

I'm glad you were able to learn something new today!

Here's something to protect your investment.

https://www.mitchellgolf.com/shop/loft-lie/bending-bars/steelclub-iron-brass-bending-bar/

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-19266/Abrasives/3M-7447-General-Purpose-Hand-Pads?pricode=WB1233&gadtype=pla&id=S-19266&gclid=CjwKCAjwo4mIBhBsEiwAKgzXONGBx7eHYUeAe6uVmPG4UOYZGzGGRSHc35jPF-gug5Bbho_QBEgtWBoCbY8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

2 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

5 minutes ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

Hey Professor,

Is It 'Could' or 'Couldn't Care Less'?

Merriam-Webster treats the phrases couldn't care less and could care less as synonymous, both meaning "not concerned or interested at all." "Couldn't care less" is the older and more obvious phrase grammatically, but it has been confused for so long that both are now defined. Additionally, the example sentence "it's impossible that [I] could care less" is the same as the intended meaning.

In an attempt to add another dubious assertion to our collection of rhetorical proclamations, we may state with absolute assurance that there are but two kinds of people in this world: those who feel very angry when someone omits a negative particle in “I couldn’t care less,” and those who don’t give such matters much thought. Is there a meaningful difference between these kinds of people, or these two phrases?

Could vs. Couldn't

We define could care less and couldn’t care less on the same page, with the single definition “used to indicate that one is not at all concerned about or interested in something.” We do not put these seemingly disparate idioms on the same page in order to save space, or so that we might cause you pain. We do it because one is simply a variant of the other, and they are used in a synonymous manner.

There is little doubt that couldn’t care less is the older form, although no one is certain where this came from. There has been speculation that it is British in origin, and that American soldiers returning from World War II brought it to these shores. While it may indeed have come from the United Kingdom, there is clear evidence that couldn’t care less was in use prior to the 1940s. (Which applies to you? British or born before 1940?!)

Could care less does not appear to have become a fixed variant until some time after this.

There have been numerous theories about why people began to drop the negative particle, including sarcasm, lack of education, and that the phrase simply sounds better when omitting the not. We have no firm opinion on any of these, but would like to point out that uses of could care less with the negation given elsewhere in the sentence have been around for a fairly long time.

Correct Usage: Either

We understand why could care less sticks in your craw: it appears to mean something rather opposed to what it purports to mean. The person who says “I could care less” is, on the face of it, stating “Yes, it would be possible for me to care less deeply about this matter than I do, and therefore I am betraying some unspecified degree of care.” But if you are the kind of person who cries out against this abomination we must warn you that people who go through life expecting informal variant idioms in English to behave logically are setting themselves up for a lifetime of hurt.

Both could and couldn’t care less are informal, and so you are unlikely to use either one in formal writing. If you have need of using it in some other context, and would like to avoid alienating some portion of your audience you should stick with couldn’t care less. And if you can’t get past some people continuing to use could care less, and the fact that there’s nothing you can do about it, you may console yourself with the notion that at least they are not saying “I could care fewer.”

I'm glad you were able to learn something new today!

Here's something to protect your investment.

https://www.mitchellgolf.com/shop/loft-lie/bending-bars/steelclub-iron-brass-bending-bar/

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-19266/Abrasives/3M-7447-General-Purpose-Hand-Pads?pricode=WB1233&gadtype=pla&id=S-19266&gclid=CjwKCAjwo4mIBhBsEiwAKgzXONGBx7eHYUeAe6uVmPG4UOYZGzGGRSHc35jPF-gug5Bbho_QBEgtWBoCbY8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You're being obnoxious and contributing nothing to this thread.

Also anyone willing to go through the effort to justify their incorrect use of an informal phrase while not catching the fact it states your usage is due to either sarcasm or lack of education and is not generally corrected due to its informal nature is extra obnoxious. 😄

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Diamana DF 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti 15* Kuro Kage DCXM 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || TItleist 915FD 18* Fujikura Motore VC 9.2 Tour Spec X 
Srixon ZX Utility 20* HZRDUS Red 105 6.5 || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid  
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant