Rory with his GSS Cameron at the olympics ????

9 hours ago, JStang said:

He’s gaming it!

Yep. Really had no doubt that he would at least one day.  Nobody flies halfway around the world with a putter to just practice with .  It’s not like it’s the Sanderson farms event and the Tout van Guys were bored and talked him into trying one on the practice green.  

• Like 4

Epic Speed triple diamond 8.7 TB70 TX

Titleist 915 FD 13.5 Rombax P95x 

TM sim max 18 Aldila rogue proto 85TX 

Titleist T100 4-gap MMT 125 TX 

Edel  SMS 54 58 MMT 125 TX ( testing ) 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Well clothing contracts are out the window, thought it was great seeing him wearing Adidas...

Agree with the 'Indigenous vs. the Arrow'. Rors has said this himself (not the PC version LOL), and he just likes to have a different look on occasion - Whether that translates to going back to the Spider or not who knows...

Believe he also said he prefers the look of a blade, but feels he putts better w/the mallet (Not sure if the stats would support this?).

Regardless, my final comment for all the TM Haters, I've had Scotty's and IMHO my custom TP Soto is of the same quality of materials and workmanship. Scotty's are beautiful, but mostly $500 worth of hype. Really surprised he didn't have a glorious custom TP model done up like the amazing 'Champion Golfer of the Year' has... 😄

Alrighty, go to town.  

• Like 4
Taylormade SIM2 460 Driver 9.0D / 7.0D (Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 6S) 
Taylormade SIM2 3 Fairway 15.0D / 15.0D (Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 7S) 
Taylormade SIM2 3 Hybrid 19.5D / 19.0D (Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8S)
Taylormade P790 2019 Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-PW)
Taylormade Milled Grind My Hi-Toe Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115 W) (50D STD 9.0/54D STD 10.0/58D ATV 12.0)
Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
Taylormade MySpider Tour X Black Putter* / Spider Tour X Chalk Putter* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - SuperStroke Traxion Pistol GT Tour Grip
Taylormade My TP Soto* / TP Soto Patina Putter* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol / TM Ghost Tour Grip
Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Grey) Taylormade TP5 Golf Ball
Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart / SkyCaddie SX500 GPS / Bushnell ProXE Laser Rangefinder 
(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

1 hour ago, MattP66 said:

Im intrigued by the scotty headcover , because usually if a guy uses one or two clubs from alternative manufacturer too their contracted one don't they normally cover them with the contracted ones head covers (thinking Wilson/Mizuno staffers who used TM drivers over the years) but the fact that Rory has a scotty cover in the bag would make me question if his contract is no longer (or was ever??) for all 14 clubs, either way I like the change cos its shows he still cares enough not too just stick with whatever he's given and he still wants too get the magic back 

Cash is King as well - interesting vibe to be giving out at the Olympics that is for sure.  Honestly wouldn’t surprise me these days if we later find out that it is Rory trying to send out some sort of subliminal message 😂

• Haha 2

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2021

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

3 hours ago, tarrantian said:

Well clothing contracts are out the window, thought it was great seeing him wearing Adidas...

Agree with the 'Indigenous vs. the Arrow'. Rors has said this himself (not the PC version LOL), and he just likes to have a different look on occasion - Whether that translates to going back to the Spider or not who knows...

Believe he also said he prefers the look of a blade, but feels he putts better w/the mallet (Not sure if the stats would support this?).

Regardless, my final comment for all the TM Haters, I've had Scotty's and IMHO my custom TP Soto is of the same quality of materials and workmanship. Scotty's are beautiful, but mostly $500 worth of hype. Really surprised he didn't have a glorious custom TP model done up like the amazing 'Champion Golfer of the Year' has... 😄

Alrighty, go to town.  

I prefer Cameron over TM putters. But everyone is entitled to their opinion and choice. So definitely don’t want to go to town on anyone who’s opinion isn’t aligned with mine! Haha. It’s not like there is some secret sauce or groundbreaking tech or materials in either. Play what you are most comfortable with. Enjoy that Soto! A picture would be nice. Don’t see too many custom TPs. 

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

I prefer Cameron over TM putters. But everyone is entitled to their opinion and choice. So definitely don’t want to go to town on anyone who’s opinion isn’t aligned with mine! Haha. It’s not like there is some secret sauce or groundbreaking tech or materials in either. Play what you are most comfortable with. Enjoy that Soto! A picture would be nice. Don’t see too many custom TPs. 

😊

TM MY TP SOTO BLADE PUTTER 1.jpg

TM MY TP SOTO BLADE PUTTER 2.jpg

TM MY TP SOTO BLADE PUTTER 3.jpg

TM MY TP SOTO BLADE PUTTER 4.jpg

TM MY TP SOTO BLADE PUTTER 5.jpg

TM MY TP SOTO BLADE PUTTER.jpg

• Like 2
Taylormade SIM2 460 Driver 9.0D / 7.0D (Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 6S) 
Taylormade SIM2 3 Fairway 15.0D / 15.0D (Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 7S) 
Taylormade SIM2 3 Hybrid 19.5D / 19.0D (Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8S)
Taylormade P790 2019 Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-PW)
Taylormade Milled Grind My Hi-Toe Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115 W) (50D STD 9.0/54D STD 10.0/58D ATV 12.0)
Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
Taylormade MySpider Tour X Black Putter* / Spider Tour X Chalk Putter* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - SuperStroke Traxion Pistol GT Tour Grip
Taylormade My TP Soto* / TP Soto Patina Putter* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol / TM Ghost Tour Grip
Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Grey) Taylormade TP5 Golf Ball
Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart / SkyCaddie SX500 GPS / Bushnell ProXE Laser Rangefinder 
(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

3 minutes ago, weakputt said:

I have not read the entire thread, but has anyone noticed Rory is not wearing hat. Not even am Ireland Team Hat. Like he is totally unbranded.

He never does in the Ryder Cup either. A lot of European players go without. They'd never do it during a regular event because they'd be giving up a lot of $$$ and I'm sure it's in their clothing/equipment contract somewhere. As others have said, it seems like all that stuff is out the window in international competition and not a regular tour event. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weakputt said:

I have not read the entire thread, but has anyone noticed Rory is not wearing hat. Not even am Ireland Team Hat. Like he is totally unbranded.

He claims his head is too small for regular hats and Nike makes them custom to fit him. And they didn’t make him any small enough to wear.  No kidding this Is what he said.  Someone else reported it on the Olympic thread in tour talk , backed by a tweet from a source who got him to answer the question.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, semarlor said:

He never does in the Ryder Cup either. A lot of European players go without. They'd never do it during a regular event because they'd be giving up a lot of $$$ and I'm sure it's in their clothing/equipment contract somewhere. As others have said, it seems like all that stuff is out the window in international competition and not a regular tour event. 

Robert Rock being the most famous example on the ET. Though if I had his head of hair, I wouldn’t either.

• Like 3

11.5* Taylormade 300 Mini Driver w/Evenflow Riptide 70 6.0

15* Mizuno MX-700

19* Mizuno CLK Hybrid w/Tensei CK Pro Blue Hybrid 70 S

4-PW Mizuno MP-20 MMC w/Project X 6.0

52/11 Callaway X-Forged w/Dynamic Gold Wedge

56/12, 60/10 Cleveland RTX Zipcore w/Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

6 hours ago, BottleCap said:

Anything more to say genius?

Other than to say I was correct and take a victory lap? Slowly reread the very first line of my post to bladehunter. Rory put the Cameron in play and it has become a small story at this time which is exactly what I stated. Had he used his TM putter yesterday in competition him practicing with the Cameron would have been a non story, the nothing burger, as I also stated. But hey thanks for recognizing my genius. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 7/28/2021 at 1:11 PM, Kylekoz17 said:

I think it looks better too, but he doesn't think so and he has admitted his stroke can almost get yippy with a blade and gets indecisive with his aim.  I think this is probably one of those times where he just wants to look at something different for a week or two again and then back to the spider since he feels more comfortable with his aim and stroke.  I wonder if he'd like the Spider FCG with plumbers neck that Morikawa was using

Would've been cool to see the last putter he won majors with in the bag too haha

Interesting info, was that from an interview somewhere?

15 hours ago, N8dogg2669 said:

I guess this is a medium rare ribeye now and not that greasy burger.....

9 hours ago, BottleCap said:

Anything more to say genius?

To be fair, the very first bit says "Unless he puts it in play on Thursday" which he did, so...

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

He claims his head is too small for regular hats and Nike makes them custom to fit him. And they didn’t make him any small enough to wear.  No kidding this Is what he said.  Someone else reported it on the Olympic thread in tour talk , backed by a tweet from a source who got him to answer the question.  

I was also JUST thinking about all the weird excuses he came up with for not playing in the previous Olympics. Zika virus, then trash talking the whole idea saying it was stupid, then saying he didn't know which country he'd represent.....it was just a mess. I like the guy, but his putting isn't the only thing that gets yippy sometimes. 😄

• Haha 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage Proto 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti V2 17* Kuro Kage 80XTS 
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || TItleist TS21* Kuro Kage 100XTS 
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0 // Kuro Kage 100XTS 
Hybrid  
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

On 7/28/2021 at 2:59 PM, Nic1972 said:

Adidas seems to be the sponsor of Northern Ireland, like it is for the US Golf team. Great Britain is wearing Adidas in all sports, as well as Australia has a deal with Asics.

Rory is competing for Ireland (sponsored by Adidas) at the Olympics. There is no Northern Ireland Team.

Northern Irish sportspeople can compete for either Ireland or GB. As an Amatuer Rory would always have played under the Golfing Union of Ireland Umbrella and hence he is playing for Ireland at the Olympics. We hope he wins 🏅for Ireland. 

He's not wearing a cap. I always prefer not to play in a cap as I find my head sweats a little under a cap. Wonder how many pros would wear a cap, but for sponsorship.

If you were going to the Olympics to win, I would have thought you would play the same clubs as on tour, rather than swap out your putter?  Unless you don’t have confidence in it. 

It will be interesting to see how he scores.  Putting is such a huge part of the game and confidence.  At his level, I would think he has some flexibility in his clubs selection and not tied into 14 TM clubs?

20 minutes ago, shippy18 said:

If you were going to the Olympics to win, I would have thought you would play the same clubs as on tour, rather than swap out your putter?  Unless you don’t have confidence in it. 

It will be interesting to see how he scores.  Putting is such a huge part of the game and confidence.  At his level, I would think he has some flexibility in his clubs selection and not tied into 14 TM clubs?

I don’t think anyone breathing believes he has confidence in any putter since maybe around 2011 or so.  It’s hard to watch at times honestly  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, grm24 said:

Other than to say I was correct and take a victory lap? Slowly reread the very first line of my post to bladehunter. Rory put the Cameron in play and it has become a small story at this time which is exactly what I stated. Had he used his TM putter yesterday in competition him practicing with the Cameron would have been a non story, the nothing burger, as I also stated. But hey thanks for recognizing my genius. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So I guess you’d agree that it’s now crossed over into bacon burger dawg territory !?!?!!!! 😂

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

Conversely it could have become "Gordan Gartrelle"..... 😂

screen-shot-2016-04-16-at-7-37-52-pm.png

Lol. Oh so true !  Like a Scooter Cameron !    What a great episode!  “ look at my face Denise “! After she asks if he likes it.  😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Reg Jackson said:

Rory is competing for Ireland (sponsored by Adidas) at the Olympics. There is no Northern Ireland Team.

Northern Irish sportspeople can compete for either Ireland or GB. As an Amatuer Rory would always have played under the Golfing Union of Ireland Umbrella and hence he is playing for Ireland at the Olympics. We hope he wins 🏅for Ireland. 

He's not wearing a cap. I always prefer not to play in a cap as I find my head sweats a little under a cap. Wonder how many pros would wear a cap, but for sponsorship.

Sorry for that, one of my best friends is from Northern Ireland and he would not be happy with my post…

Again, my apologies and thank you for the clarification.

spacer.pngI do believe it was mentioned earlier in the post, but to the OP's forum title....this is NOT the same Scotty he used before. I was watching the coverage last night, and this putter does not have the 3 black bombs in the cavity. It was one bomb and then a cirlce T. Hence, this is a new wand made for him (maybe a back up from the original), but not the once he won the US Open with.

Edited by Carson33
added photo

Titleist TSi3 - 9* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TS3 Hybrid - Even Flow
Titleist U500 - 4 iron, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist T100s 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue X-100 & S-400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Masterful