Pro V1X experiment

There have been a lot of questions regarding Pro V1X Left Dash lately and a lot of people thought it was basically a repackaged 2015 Pro V1X. Recently I got a deal on 2 boxes of new 2015 Pro V1Xs, 2 boxes of new 2017 Pro V1Xs, and I already had a box of Pro V1X Left Dash. I took them out to the course to see if the Left Dash is similar to them or if it is a completely new design compared to the former X generations. The Left Dash definitely was firmer and spun less through the bag. The 2015 and 2017 balls were literally identical as far as I could tell, with 2017 being more durable. Left Dash was 5-10 yards longer with every club and spun a little less around the greens. Left Dash was VERY durable compared to the other two balls and that was a welcoming surprise. Driver SS 110-115 for anyone wondering.

1 hour ago, SUITS said:

5-10 longer with every club is a huge gain. 

how was the holding power with kid irons if you picked up a clubs worth of speed?

The Left Dash was releasing a few feet with long irons whereas the standard X was stopping or spinning back. I actually preferred the lower spin in the short irons with the LD.

3 hours ago, SBH9458 said:

Left Dash has been really good for me…driver and irons. It just works. 

The greens get super soft in Washington and I struggle not pulling balls way off the green. LD is a really nice option in the soft season.

TSi3 9° Tensei White Prototype 2.0 TX
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
i210 4-G Modus3 120x
Glide 3.0 54°/60° Modus3 120x
2 Ball Ten

V1X, CSX-LS, who knows?

On 7/29/2021 at 12:36 AM, butterysnaphook said:

There have been a lot of questions regarding Pro V1X Left Dash lately and a lot of people thought it was basically a repackaged 2015 Pro V1X. Recently I got a deal on 2 boxes of new 2015 Pro V1Xs, 2 boxes of new 2017 Pro V1Xs, and I already had a box of Pro V1X Left Dash. I took them out to the course to see if the Left Dash is similar to them or if it is a completely new design compared to the former X generations. The Left Dash definitely was firmer and spun less through the bag. The 2015 and 2017 balls were literally identical as far as I could tell, with 2017 being more durable. Left Dash was 5-10 yards longer with every club and spun a little less around the greens. Left Dash was VERY durable compared to the other two balls and that was a welcoming surprise. Driver SS 110-115 for anyone wondering.

that's pretty much what I've been seeing too. Left dash is around 7-10 yards longer, and seems to pretty much end up right near the pitch mark on my approach shots. The ball is the most durable ball of all the ProV1's I think, I've put a few into 3 round territory and they still look pretty new. Driver SS also around 110-115

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: PING 425 Max
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport
Kirkland Tour ball/Snell MTB-X

On 7/29/2021 at 3:36 AM, butterysnaphook said:

When I ordered my Titliest ProV1x left dash balls this spring the store messed up my order and I was sent 4 doz ProV1x balls. To reorder would have taken an additional 6-7 weeks so the store cut me a deal…4 doz for $75. I’ve played about a dozen and a half of the ProV1x balls and just could get use to them. So I’ve picked up some left dash ProV1xs to finish the season. IMO this is the best ball Titliest makes for me. I sure hope they don’t redesign this ball too soon.

• Driver - Ping G400 10.5 Alta 55 S 
  • Woods - Callaway Epic 15*(17*)Hzurdus 6.0 /  Callaway Epic 18* (20*) Hzurdus 5.5
  • Hybrids - Titliest 818 H1 23*(24*)Tensei Red R 
  • Irons - Callaway Rogue Pro 5-PW UST Recoil ES 460 F3
  • Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT /  Callaway PM Grind 54* KBS HiSpin 115
  • Putter - Odyssey O-Works 7 34.5” ... Golf Pride SNSR Contour Pro
  • Ball - Titliest ProV1x left dash
  • Grips -  Golf Pride Tour Velvet 58R 

7 hours ago, Sparty4202 said:

When I ordered my Titliest ProV1x left dash balls this spring the store messed up my order and I was sent 4 doz ProV1x balls. To reorder would have taken an additional 6-7 weeks so the store cut me a deal…4 doz for $75. I’ve played about a dozen and a half of the ProV1x balls and just could get use to them. So I’ve picked up some left dash ProV1xs to finish the season. IMO this is the best ball Titliest makes for me. I sure hope they don’t redesign this ball too soon.

i was curious what the future will be for Left Dash. They might as well just leave it the way it is and keep selling it. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

2 hours ago, butterysnaphook said:

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

This is a sentiment all golf manufacturers should take more to heart! I wonder if there's a business case for a ball manufacturer to put out a ball with some kind of longevity promise?

That would be quite attractive to me at least, if I could find a ball I like and stock up on for a few seasons without having to worry about having to find another ball if/when they change it, or feel like I'm losing out if I still have a few dozen of the old model when a new one comes out.

Shaft manufacturers has done this at least - the ol' favourites has been around for eons while still coming up with a few new tricks every once in a while!

• Cobra SpeedZone 3-wood @ 13.5 degrees - Tensei AV Blue 65
  • Nike VR Pro II 3 iron - Dynamic Gold S300
  • 4-pw Titleist 718 MB - Dynamic Gold S300
  • 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM8 - Std wedge flex
  • Odyssey Stroke Labs Double Wide
  • Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS

Just went through a Titleist ball fitting yesterday. The rep told me the LD is roughly 5 yards longer in similar conditions over any other ball they have. I've been playing it for over a year and I see more than that but that is the company line. He was skeptical it was the right ball for me so he had me hit it and the new X from 150 and 80 yards. The LD was the winner as both balls stopped inside a foot or 2 of their pitch marks on both yardages. There was more roll out on short pitches but we have firm Bermuda greens so you really aren't throwing anything all the way to the pin and stopping it.

The interesting thing was I went through this fitting with a friend who is 65 years old. He is a plus HC but I hit the ball 30-40 yards by him. I know his speed is under 95mph with the driver. The rep fit him into the LD as well. He was looking for more distance and had been playing the AVX. The LD launched noticeably higher and gave him much more roll with similar spin. The LD also performed better into the greens than the AVX. He told him to not worry about the compression talk. Its all about the launch window and spin.

Edited by awtryau89
  • Like 3

Good feedback I will need to test a doz 

Ping G400 Max 11.1* Project X 6A4 7.0

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Blueboard Ion 73x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Project X 7B4 6.5

Cally Apex '19 4h PX HC-1 & 5h 26* PX HB-6

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW PX Catalyst 100 6.5 
Ping Glide 50* 54* 60* Tour W 64* TS 

Scotty GoLo 7 (35g weights)

The left dash is definitely not longer with irons for me. The balls that are longer for me with irons or balls like the AVX and the softer balls. They are shorter with the driver and longer with irons and hybrids up to about five hybrid for me

Edited by Obee
Typos

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65 - S
Titleist TS2 15* 3-wood - Tensei Blue - 65 - S; Titleist 918 5-wood 19*. Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65 - S
Titleist 818 H1 21* Atmos Tour Spec Blue - S
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff; Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff; Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s-400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s-400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s-400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s-400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

16 hours ago, Obee said:

The left dash is definitely not longer with irons for me. The balls that are longer for me with irons or balls like the AVX and the softer balls. They are shorter with the driver and longer with irons and hybrids up to about five hybrid for me

I’d agree that the super soft balls are longer with irons than the super firm balls. But the super firm (left dash) are longer than the regular firm (pro v1x) with iron in my experience. I honestly don’t enjoy how the left dash feels. it’s too firm. But I’m trying to get used to it 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, butterysnaphook said:

I’d agree that the super soft balls are longer with irons than the super firm balls. But the super firm (left dash) are longer than the regular firm (pro v1x) with iron in my experience. I honestly don’t enjoy how the left dash feels. it’s too firm. But I’m trying to get used to it 

i could not get used to the laft dash with any iron in my bag....it was just too firm.....driver and hybrid...it was fine...i wish the V1X didnt balloon for me....but it does. 

the V1 is really good all around so ill stick with that and the CS for the rest of the season