2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Former European Tour winner facing charges for stalking and death threats

Remon

Article in swedish: https://www.expressen.se/sport/golfproffs-atalad-for-vag-av-mordhot-och-stalkning/

A former winner on the euro tour is facing charges a custody dispute went sour and he started stalking and threatning his ex-wife.

Two of the e-mails he sent her that are mentioned in the article:

"Prepare your f*cking firearm just in case I go crazy and come back to take back my kids and my money you stole from me motherf*cker."

"You have a death warrant and your family aswell. I f*cking hate you from the bottom of my heart!!!!!"

He got a restraining order which he violated 166 times and has started to threaten people that got in his way including; family to his ex, police officers, social workers and a judge in Tingsrätten (a part of the swedish court).

It doesn't say in the article what the sentence will be but I heard hearsay that it looks like one year in prison. I don't know if we can write out names when he hasn't been convicted yet.

Edit: Apperently he has done interviews about it in his home country Spain so I'm guessing that it might be out there already? It's Pablo Martin

Edited by Remon

Ping G430 LST 9* Kai'li White
Ping G425 Max 14.5* PX HZRDUS Yellow HC
Ping G425 Max 20.5* PX Evenflow Riptide LX Proto
Ping i230 4-P DG 120 X100
Ping Glide 4.0 52, 56, 60 DG TI S400
Ping PLD Anser

3 hours ago, puttingmatt said:

Looks like he should move to the U. S.

He would fit right in.

Well, you got this guy. Then…

Angel Cabrera,

Allenby! 

Oh, and this guy….

“According to multiple reports, Olesen allegedly assaulted a woman and urinated in the aisle of a plane while drunk on the flight.”

And even Tiger, some say his wife swung a club at him…yup, she’s European!

So, I’m thinking our golfers at least pretty chill ; )

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfandfishing said:

Fiery Spaniard. Such passion. 

Yeah fiery Spaniard lol. Right along the lines of deranged buzzed out Spaniard. 

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

This kind of refreshing, an article that isn’t about some woke athlete crying racism or blaming someone else for there problems. Just an old school article about a guy just being a S**thead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

2 hours ago, iBanesto said:

Pablo Martin had a strange career as he won his 1st ET title as an amateur in 2007 and was touted as the next top Spanish golfer.

He won the Alfred Dunhill Championship twice in 2010 and 2011, but then his game just fell apart.

When I read the name I had the thought in my head that when he first appeared it looked like he was going to be some player but it’s not a name I have heard of in years. Surprised that he is still only 35.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Two sides to every pancake.  Sounds like she is using the kids as leverage.  If so that’s a classless and completely evil move.  Doesn’t excuse his response, but it would explain the anger.  

• Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I hate you from the bottom of my heart

I think that was a line from Jerry Maguire

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Unfortunately domestic cases like this are a dime a dozen. Unhealthy relationship, using kids as leverage, frustrating child support system and financial implications. Thankfully this case didn’t escalate to physical violence. 

As for him in the NBA or NFL…  Shooting guard or place kicker probably his only shot. 🤪 When I’d watch him play the announcers would always make those annoying statements like. “Look at the size of this guy. Looks like he could walk onto an NFL field and kick extra points!” 🙃

Edited by TiScape

5 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Two sides to every pancake.  Sounds like she is using the kids as leverage.  If so that’s a classless and completely evil move.  Doesn’t excuse his response, but it would explain the anger.  

Agree, he went over the line, but the child support system can be brutal and can really test people.  I know nothing about Sweden's laws, but here's my USA story:  After graduating in May, my ex kicked our 17-year old daughter out of their house - they've fought like cats and dogs since early teens years, and police were involved this time... she's been living with me 100% since beginning of June and working.. I had applied to terminate support early (she turns 18 later this month)..   Denied.

I'm paying this woman - that makes $65,000/year working for the state - $600/month for our daughter that she refuses to house and daughter refuses to go to.  It's beyond infuriating.  Enjoy your trip to Punta Cana hunny, or is it back to Costa Rica this year?  I never would act on them, but believe me, you have thoughts. 

Edited by sekrah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

No excuses.  Scum males that lose their tempers and threaten, and or beat x-wives or the mother of their children are weak, emotionally troubled, pathetic weasels.  A prison term in g-pop would teach them what it's like being a victim of real predators.  If it were left to me, I'd treat them like a rabid dog.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 1
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

52 minutes ago, sekrah said:

Agree, he went over the line, but the child support system can be brutal and can really test people.  I know nothing about Sweden's laws, but here's my USA story:  After graduating in May, my ex kicked our 17-year old daughter out of their house - they've fought like cats and dogs since early teens years, and police were involved this time... she's been living with me 100% since beginning of June and working.. I had applied to terminate support early (she turns 18 later this month)..   Denied.

I'm paying this woman - that makes $65,000/year working for the state - $600/month for our daughter that she refuses to house and daughter refuses to go to.  It's beyond infuriating.  Enjoy your trip to Punta Cana hunny, or is it back to Costa Rica this year?  I never would act on them, but believe me, you have thoughts. 

Yep. I’ve seen it soo many times.  This is the double standard or having your cake and eating it too thing that nobody wants to discuss .  

again. I don’t think emailing or texting anyone is smart.  Leaves too much evidence.  But if you’re a mediator think about it this way.  Who owns the power in this dispute ?  Who can end the dispute with a compromise?  If I its the same person for both answers , then it’s a really easy solution.    Give the man access to his kids , stop leveraging them for $ , and 99 times out of 100 he doesn’t email another threat.    Notice how he hasn’t threaten her to “ come back “ or to “ not see anyone else “?   Sounds like his priorities are in the correct spot as far as the dispute.  Which likely causes her to dig in more for revenge.  

disclaimer .    My opinion based on the limited info we have.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

I don’t know boss. Sounds like a guy who’s never seen true crazy before.  The kind that you have to fight or get away from but that can turn the tears on 3 seconds before the cops show and claim you “ chased and beat her “.  I’m not talking about me. I married a wonderful woman. But my wife’s sister is the craziest person I’ve ever met. So much that I now personally and privately warn anyone I see her trying to date . I consider it my duty as a decent male.  Most don’t listen.  I’ve watched this 26 years now.  It’s only gotten worse.  

One guy got stabbed in the head with a high heel shoe after she saw him “ look at another girl “ in a dance floor.  Right out in public. She pulled her shoe off and stabbed him with the heel. He bled everywhere. Nobody did a thing to her. Or called anyone.  

Another she set his shoes on fire and threw them into his sunroof.  With him in the car.  He got them out before it set the car on fire.  But was burned.  I witnessed her talk two guys into fist fighting for “ mating rights “ for the evening.  If I’m lying I’m dying.  I heard this start.  Saw the fight break out and got in my truck and left.  Was a friendly function that turned into a kegger..... all at her hands.  

my point is.  Giving women carte Blanche immunity off the bat is the real problem.  They need to own accountability just like guys.   Or at least prove their above board.  He’s not auto trash because he lost his temper. The deck being stacked like it is would make a preacher cuss. 

and last.  Can’t really be helpless and all powerful at the same time.  Right ?  

Agree 100%. I would not judge any situation until I absolutely knew all of the facts.  And not everyone is built the same way or raised properly to handle being completely f***** over by someone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

I don’t know boss. Sounds like a guy who’s never seen true crazy before.  The kind that you have to fight or get away from but that can turn the tears on 3 seconds before the cops show and claim you “ chased and beat her “.  I’m not talking about me. I married a wonderful woman. But my wife’s sister is the craziest person I’ve ever met. So much that I now personally and privately warn anyone I see her trying to date . I consider it my duty as a decent male.  Most don’t listen.  I’ve watched this 26 years now.  It’s only gotten worse.  

One guy got stabbed in the head with a high heel shoe after she saw him “ look at another girl “ in a dance floor.  Right out in public. She pulled her shoe off and stabbed him with the heel. He bled everywhere. Nobody did a thing to her. Or called anyone.  

Another she set his shoes on fire and threw them into his sunroof.  With him in the car.  He got them out before it set the car on fire.  But was burned.  I witnessed her talk two guys into fist fighting for “ mating rights “ for the evening.  If I’m lying I’m dying.  I heard this start.  Saw the fight break out and got in my truck and left.  Was a friendly function that turned into a kegger..... all at her hands.  

my point is.  Giving women carte Blanche immunity off the bat is the real problem.  They need to own accountability just like guys.   Or at least prove theyre above board.  He’s not auto trash because he lost his temper. The deck being stacked like it is would make a preacher cuss. 

Blade, not sure how to say this, maybe is how you tell these insane stories so you can visualize but

They makin me laugh!!

But I know is not funny but the way you tell it…never mind.

So, I couldn’t translate the story in the link but I found this. Some awkward translation but provides more background 

“Pablo has a house in the Swedish town of Ekerö and there he got a system of visits accompanied by a social worker to be able to see his children. Said social worker published a series of reports on the Spanish golfer which were very positive and which helped him get a bigger margin in the case. 

However, in an attempt to turn the situation around, her ex-partner has requested a change of social worker on two occasions, alleging that these reports were made in a timid manner under threats from Pablo Martín. This meant that the Malaga native was unable to see his children throughout the summer of 2019 due to the imposition of a series of changes in the visitation regime. 

The origin of the problem

This setback caused anger and rage in Pablo that ended up leading to what may now be the start of his defeat, as he wrote to all possible instances asking for an answer and help. However, the delay has caused each of these writings to go worse, causing him more harm than good. “

https://www.archysport.com/2021/07/spanish-golfer-pablo-martin-faces-7-years-in-prison-for-contempt-of-swedish-authorities-marseille-news/

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Blade, not sure how to say this, maybe is how you tell these insane stories so you can visualize but

They makin me laugh!!

But I know is not funny but the way you tell it…never mind.

So, I couldn’t translate the story in the link but I found this. Some awkward translation but provides more background 

“Pablo has a house in the Swedish town of Ekerö and there he got a system of visits accompanied by a social worker to be able to see his children. Said social worker published a series of reports on the Spanish golfer which were very positive and which helped him get a bigger margin in the case. 

However, in an attempt to turn the situation around, her ex-partner has requested a change of social worker on two occasions, alleging that these reports were made in a timid manner under threats from Pablo Martín. This meant that the Malaga native was unable to see his children throughout the summer of 2019 due to the imposition of a series of changes in the visitation regime. 

The origin of the problem

This setback caused anger and rage in Pablo that ended up leading to what may now be the start of his defeat, as he wrote to all possible instances asking for an answer and help. However, the delay has caused each of these writings to go worse, causing him more harm than good. “

https://www.archysport.com/2021/07/spanish-golfer-pablo-martin-faces-7-years-in-prison-for-contempt-of-swedish-authorities-marseille-news/

Yep. That seems about like the stereotypical situation.    Going too smoothly. We had to manufacture some drama.  

as for me and my life.  I’m cursed with having been around soo much drama.  Yet I have a clean record , a up to date tax receipt , and desire to be left alone.  It still finds me.  I can’t imagine what you could find if you actually went looking ( as in the dating world ). Too scary for this guy.  

last thought.  Anybody stop to wonder WHY he had to have a social worker supervise his visitation?   Would it be same if roles reversed ?   I know the answer of it were in then US. I’m very familiar with that system.  He’d need to be either convicted or currently accused of a crime that put the children’s safety in question.  ( drug use ,physical or sexual  abuse etc).  But this reads that he had to be supervised prior to the anger and threat accusations. Maybe we still don’t have all the info?  But sounds pretty heavily weighted to me.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

37 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Yep. That seems about like the stereotypical situation.    Going too smoothly. We had to manufacture some drama.  

as for me and my life.  I’m cursed with having been around soo much drama.  Yet I have a clean record , a up to date tax receipt , and desire to be left alone.  It still finds me.  I can’t imagine what you could find if you actually went looking ( as in the dating world ). Too scary for this guy.  

Yeah blade, you like me, like to just flat out be chillin ; ) From what I see, you process the drama, and know that’s not where things should be. Testament to you, but also, feel blessed you have the fortitude to do so.

You seem pretty active but try hit up some flat out track running if you can. Or some intense cardio of lower impact on the joints. Important as you progress in years. Nothing clears your head like sustained intensity on your cardiovascular. 

*clear with your doctor first 🤣

Happy Frrrrrriday! To all my best friends at wrx!

oh, got some octopus 🐙 last night in NYC 😃 See the tentacles? Scored a fish head too (love the eyeballs; )

0E22F469-65AD-46BF-9D5D-EC7760BB8558.jpeg

81606D57-17BF-439D-B7AE-D85DD3256CCA.jpeg

B3B95461-D43E-48F8-9F6B-C7D463166F6A.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3

There's definitely women that abuse the system but cmon guys. For every guy that gets screwed over by a woman (which happens, yes) in a divorce there's 100 women who've been stalked or assaulted by men, or worse. Read their stories too...Google "Emily Infield" , the US track star who had a stalker for 3 years who threatened to kill her and no one did sh*t about it. I think most people have no idea how common that is.

I know several stories, several...of women in my life who've dealt with this stuff.

And yes, i know some men who've been screwed over in custody cases

But it's not 1 to 1. It's like 25:1

This guy , is probably a piece of crap

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

He literally threatened to murder her and her family. If you’re arguing you need to hear both sides before condemning that, there’s something wrong with you.  Yes, there are two sides to every divorce, and lots of miserable behavior on both sides, but none of it justifies threatening to kill people.

The 2000 women in the US murdered by their partners every year, and the tens of thousands murdered worldwide every year would appreciate it if you’d all remember that.

I had my own terrible divorce. Try divorcing a police officer if you want to know what powerless feels like.

• Like 2

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

On 8/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, bladehunter said:

my point is.  Giving women carte Blanche immunity off the bat is the real problem.  They need to own accountability just like guys.   Or at least prove theyre above board.  He’s not auto trash because he lost his temper. The deck being stacked like it is would make a preacher cuss. 

Yep, there are some bat-sh** crazy women out there, many of them abuse males too.  Actually, statically, women abuse more men than visa versa.  During my younger years I've encountered a few from a distance.  Still, I come from the world that says, NO Bueno to smacking any women around, regardless.  Even at 70yrs old I can still take down a bigger man.  The damage someone my size with skills can do is superior to what a woman can do.  Only exception would be in combat or LE having to incarcerate a bat sh** crazy woman, they have to put them down sometimes. 

Though its gradually changing, there's been substantial reasons why SOG hasn't supported women in special forces.  Further reason, I don't support males that identify as females in female sports, but that's a topic for elsewhere.

Being honest, I came from an ugly abusive family, multiple times father beat and almost killed our mother, my sister and me, when I was little.  I won't go into further details except, I learned early, how to fight and almost killed him when I was 12 and beat the hell out of him more than once.  I DO NOT tolerate abusers in any shape, grr.   My mother was near crazy too.  Out of control crazy people won't own anything, regardless, it's a mental thing.  They are NOT like normal Bullies, which I've taken down a few.  Bullies are made and can be taught lessons, the hard way, if needed.  Abusers are mentally off at birth, and they don't change.  As I said, I'd treat them like a rabid dog.  Talking about this topic in theory on social media does NOT do it justice, living though life with abusers and drunks is education. 

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Thanks 1
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

1 hour ago, Pepperturbo said:

Yep, there are some bat-sh** crazy women out there, many of them abuse males too.  Actually, statically, women abuse more men than visa versa.  During my younger years I've encountered a few from a distance.  Still, I come from the world that says, NO Bueno to smacking any women around, regardless.  Even at 70yrs old I can still take down a bigger man.  The damage someone my size with skills can do is superior to what a woman can do.  Only exception would be in combat or LE having to incarcerate a bat sh** crazy woman, they have to put them down sometimes. 

Though its gradually changing, there's been substantial reasons why SOG hasn't supported women in special forces.  Further reason, I don't support males that identify as females in female sports, but that's a topic for elsewhere.

Being honest, I came from an ugly abusive family, multiple times father beat and almost killed our mother, my sister and me, when I was little.  I won't go into further details except, I learned early, how to fight and almost killed him when I was 12 and beat the hell out of him more than once.  I DO NOT tolerate abusers in any shape, grr.   My mother was near crazy too.  Out of control crazy people won't own anything, regardless, it's a mental thing.  They are NOT like normal Bullies, which I've taken down a few.  Bullies are made and can be taught lessons, the hard way, if needed.  Abusers are mentally off at birth, and they don't change.  As I said, I'd treat them like a rabid dog.  Talking about this topic in theory on social media does NOT do it justice, living though life with abusers and drunks is education. 

Thank you.    We’re very much similar. I’m not condoning laying hands on anyone. Least of all a lesser equipped person.  But I understand the want to when certain buttons are pushed.  That’s what I’m saying.  Words are just words.  Unless he actually touched her , it’s just anger that she seems ( according to the evidence we have ) to have caused.   Things went smoothly until she escalated the situation.  At least that how I read it.  

We need to stop having heart attacks over words and pat more attention to the actions that cause the words .   Treat the problem. Not the symptoms.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock