Jump to content

Ventus blue HYB 9x vs Modus GOSt for my #3 DI


Spoon
 Share

Recommended Posts

If you play a Modus 105/120S which both play soft to flex to begin with - a 9X ventus blue will not be playable for you. The 9X hybrid is a very stout shaft. Look at the 8S instead.

 

If you insist on a heavier shaft then a 80g, then look at the MMT 105S UT, ATMOS Black 90 S, or the Tensei CK Pro Orange or Pro White 90 Stiff

Epic Speed + ZF 6 / TS2 3W + BF 7 / TSi2 7W + Tour AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

If you play a Modus 105/120S which both play soft to flex to begin with - a 9X ventus blue will not be playable for you. The 9X hybrid is a very stout shaft. Look at the 8S instead.

 

If you insist on a heavier shaft then a 80g, then look at the MMT 105S UT, ATMOS Black 90 S, or the Tensei CK Pro Orange or Pro White 90 Stiff

Thanks! I like how the shaft loads and love the liveliness. Yeah I figured 9x would be too much meat, wish they had a 9s. 
 

anyways would the shafts you included in your recommendation be superior to a modus GOSt?

hell might even consider a Gd DI95. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Spoon said:

Thanks! I like how the shaft loads and love the liveliness. Yeah I figured 9x would be too much meat, wish they had a 9s. 
 

anyways would the shafts you included in your recommendation be superior to a modus GOSt?

hell might even consider a Gd DI95. 😂

 

Theres a bunch more shafts in the 90g+ and stiff range I just didnt list them since I've never used them. They should be fine as well so long as you like the feel and outcome.

Epic Speed + ZF 6 / TS2 3W + BF 7 / TSi2 7W + Tour AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive had and played GOST 101x , Ventus Blue 9x and 10x, and Ventus Black 9tx

 

IMO both Ventus shafts are better than GOST. For whatever reason the GOST never meshed with my swing. Launched higher for me and seemed to lack ball speed

 

Blue 9x is in my 2h right now and its not going anywhere for a long time. Great control and a very subtle kick that makes it feel like the ball explodes off the face. Originally had a Blue 10x in this and it took a little more work for me to get the results I wanted


Black 9tx is more stout for sure but not overly stiff. Definitely a lower launch than Blue..... (I have no complaints with it but its in my backup 3 utility, if you're interested in the black 9tx im willing to move it)

PXG Gen4 0811x 7.5*.... Accra Tour Z RPG 362 LBP M5

TM 300 Mini 13.5*.... Ventus Black 7x

PXG Gen4 0317 2h 18* hybrid.... Ventus Blue 9x or New Level NLU-01 18*... Ventus Black 9tx

PXG Gen2 Utility 22*.... Accra iSteel 125

New Level PF-1 Black 5-P ... Accra iSteel 125

Corey Paul wedges 52 , 56 , 60 ... KBS $-Taper 125 S+

 2021 Scotty Phantom x5.5 w/ Stability Tour Black

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JoeFrigo said:

Ive had and played GOST 101x , Ventus Blue 9x and 10x, and Ventus Black 9tx

 

IMO both Ventus shafts are better than GOST. For whatever reason the GOST never meshed with my swing. Launched higher for me and seemed to lack ball speed

 

Blue 9x is in my 2h right now and its not going anywhere for a long time. Great control and a very subtle kick that makes it feel like the ball explodes off the face. Originally had a Blue 10x in this and it took a little more work for me to get the results I wanted


Black 9tx is more stout for sure but not overly stiff. Definitely a lower launch than Blue..... (I have no complaints with it but its in my backup 3 utility, if you're interested in the black 9tx im willing to move it)

Interesting! I have a 19* hybrid that will need some shaft changing. I will try a blue 85s hyb in it and gauge from there. 
 

defintely can’t handle anything w Tx written on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a GOST TX and 2 RDX Smoke 90 6.5 in my 3 SIM hybrids.  I like the kick, distance and feel of the RDX Smoke. The GOST is a sleeper and is laser accurate for me. Extremely smooth for TX but it will hang no doubt.  I think the GOST is better for a long iron replacement hybrid and the RDX Smoke, for me, is better for a 5/7 wood replacement.

 

I have not got along with Ventus at all. They feel overly heavy in the hands and dead and muted. No feel. So I'd categorize them as a love / meh type of shaft.  Not as bad as love/hate, just meh. Not worth the hype.

  • Like 1

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Graphite Design TourAD GP 6 TX
TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZX7 5i w/ Nippon Modus GOST TX

Srixon ZX7 6-AW w/ Nippon Modus 125S hardstepped +1/2"
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter and Rosemark Thorn 1.25 grip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, markheardjr said:

I have a GOST TX and 2 RDX Smoke 90 6.5 in my 3 SIM hybrids.  I like the kick, distance and feel of the RDX Smoke. The GOST is a sleeper and is laser accurate for me. Extremely smooth for TX but it will hang no doubt.  I think the GOST is better for a long iron replacement hybrid and the RDX Smoke, for me, is better for a 5/7 wood replacement.

 

I have not got along with Ventus at all. They feel overly heavy in the hands and dead and muted. No feel. So I'd categorize them as a love / meh type of shaft.  Not as bad as love/hate, just meh. Not worth the hype.

 

hey mark been awhile! thank you mr nippon guru!I will defintetly give it a whirl, ive benched my 19* hybrid in favour of a driving iron so will test it in the DI before trying other shafts as i have the S on hand. my irons were reshafted with NEO950 which i absolutely love!

 

actually saw the guys at TXG review the GOST and their conclusion is it suited the DI more than the hybrid hybrid

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
        • Thanks
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
        • Like
      • 100 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...