PXG Gen4 ST

snagy2000

2 hours ago, RushFORE said:

I might also steal @BirdieBob’s idea of painting the big screw black. I’m wondering if there is a conceivable way to spray the paint onto a palette of some sort and use a small brush to paint the smaller tungsten screws for a full blackout… 🤔 

Definitely can’t wait to test vs my 2021 T100s. Secretly hoping they make the bag. 

My recommendation if you want to go this route would be cerakote. They'll mask the thread portion of your weights so only the visible portions are covered. A handful of small parts like that shouldn't run you more than $100 or so. 

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-AW - Nippon Modus 120x (ssx1)

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

45 minutes ago, Ca3l said:

One more question before I pull the trigger… anyone gaming that gap wedge? I pretty much exclusively use my 56* and 60* around the greens so thinking I could save a few $$ by including it, BUT I would likely have it bent strong by 2* to 50* and am not sure if that would make it have a bit too low of bounce for a 50*?

The bounce would come in around 10 which is not bad for a gapper. Seeing 12* for the stock is surprising to me. I'd do it no hesitation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ca3l said:

Sweet. Never used a set gap wedge before, that’s enough of an endorsement for me to give it a shot then lol. Might as well at least experiment with it. My 52 is prob my least used club in the bag with my current setup tbh so feels low risk

If it helps, the gap is 52 then I have an original sugar daddy 56 and then a glide 3 60.

Here is this if it helps.  Ignore the max figures.  There are data errors in there where sometimes garmin thinks I am playing a different hole (like when playing a 9 and it starts on 10 when I am one 1, etc).  I'm not a huge hitter.  275 is driver on average, good and bad.

630704299_Screenshot_20220826-110345_GarminGolf.jpg.e7ba31b292313d30c8296d32cbd70425.jpg

Edited by Lasorcier
shrink huge image
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lasorcier said:

If it helps, the gap is 52 then I have an original sugar daddy 56 and then a glide 3 60.

Here is this if it helps.  Ignore the max figures.  There are data errors in there where sometimes garmin thinks I am playing a different hole (like when playing a 9 and it starts on 10 when I am one 1, etc).  I'm not a huge hitter.  275 is driver on average, good and bad.

630704299_Screenshot_20220826-110345_GarminGolf.jpg.e7ba31b292313d30c8296d32cbd70425.jpg

Ahh so this is the wrx secret to hitting 394 yard 8 irons. Thought I was just weak.

Kidding, thanks for providing, this is actually super helpful. Rn I have a set loft 46 pw and a 52* gap wedge which comes out to like a 20 yd gap (145 - 125) for me, which is a little much for my liking when that 130 yd shot is needed. Alright, I think I’ve figured out what I want to order. Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, RushFORE said:

I might also steal @BirdieBob’s idea of painting the big screw black. I’m wondering if there is a conceivable way to spray the paint onto a palette of some sort and use a small brush to paint the smaller tungsten screws for a full blackout… 🤔 

Definitely can’t wait to test vs my 2021 T100s. Secretly hoping they make the bag. 

I tried that but eventually the paint started chipping due to bag chatter. I just bought the black replacement screws. Both Amazon and Ebay have them, as well as some other websites.

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

HYBRIDS-  PXG Gen 2 -  2/3/4 | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
IRONS -       PXG Gen 4 Xtreme Dark 0311XP 5 - GW | MMT 80 Stiff
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL grips on ALL 
PUTTER -   LAB DF 2.1 Armlock w/Accra White shaft and Red head
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag
BALLS -      Bridgestone Tour B XS 

3 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Remind me, what's the bit size to remove the screw?

It's a T20 Torx Security

• Thanks 1

Just unboxed my set, they are a fantastic looking club, nice compact head.

I play stronger lofts in my gamer set, so am interested what distances and gapping are like, try and squeeze a quick 9 in after work 

• Like 1

TSR4 AD DI6
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T300 5 iron T200 6-G PX LZ
MD5 52(53)-56(57) TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

11 minutes ago, Warrick said:

Just unboxed my set, they are a fantastic looking club, nice compact head.

I play stronger lofts in my gamer set, so am interested what distances and gapping are like, try and squeeze a quick 9 in after work 

I used to play the OG 0211 which are 2-3 degrees stronger I think. In my experience, I actually GAINED distance in my long irons with the STs and stayed about the same in the shorter ones. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RushFORE said:

I just hit 8i vs my t100 - similar ball speed numbers - 119 but more carry. I wasn’t paying attention to peak height or spin, only had a few minutes. . I bent the lofts to match, but the shafts don’t match, so it’s not apples to apples. 

at the very least, giving similar numbers speed wise. Feel is very different, but can’t really say bc shafts are different (amt white s300 in the t100 and elevate tour X in the ST). 

14 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

I tried that but eventually the paint started chipping due to bag chatter. I just bought the black replacement screws. Both Amazon and Ebay have them, as well as some other websites.

Might check this out instead. What’s the stock tungsten weight in grams?

Also, negative reviews on Amazon say it’s not easy or impossible to remove the factory screws once installed. Is this true and/or is it a pain? 

Edited by RushFORE

13 hours ago, fjk said:

I just hit 8i vs my t100 - similar ball speed numbers - 119 but more carry. I wasn’t paying attention to peak height or spin, only had a few minutes. . I bent the lofts to match, but the shafts don’t match, so it’s not apples to apples. 

at the very least, giving similar numbers speed wise. Feel is very different, but can’t really say bc shafts are different (amt white s300 in the t100 and elevate tour X in the ST). 

Thanks for the input! Will be same shafts for me so I can do an apples to apples compare and reply back. My tracking just got updated to Monday 😭

What was your initial feel thoughts…despite the different shafts?

4 hours ago, RushFORE said:

Also, negative reviews on Amazon say it’s not easy or impossible to remove the factory screws once installed. Is this true and/or is it a pain? 

I’ve heard others say you have to heat up the screw because they use loctite to keep it in place

4 hours ago, RushFORE said:

The weights vary with each iron, obviously to get the swing weight correct. Mine were anywhere from 6.5 grams to 8.0 grams. If I remember correctly I couldn't find an 8.0 gram anywhere so I just put a 7.5 gram in that club. I sure as hell can't tell the difference in .5 grams difference.

On the screws, I ordered mine loose because I knew I was going to change them out. But there is a video on you tube on heating / removing the screws on PXG clubs. Looks pretty straight forward and easy.

On 8/24/2022 at 4:38 PM, MrGolfenomics said:

Which ine is thr gen 4 st..I've just ordered my first ever pxg set gen 4 st in black so hoping it looks like that black one there

590 British pound 4-w RH what a bargain!!316567095_Screenshot_20220823-212602_SamsungInternet.jpg.6e1c7653058efcde0e793528a6659006.jpg

You timed it well. They’ve gone up from £85 to £99 a stick now. Not massive, but another £100 on the set. 

That, and the few recent comments about the Elevates being spinny, has caused me to pause. 

By the time I pay for a different shaft and put new grips on them, they don’t seem such a bargain for something I can’t try here (and the return thing might be a faff for me).

Edited by Wayside

1 minute ago, Wayside said:

You timed it well. They’ve gone up from £85 to £99 a stick now. Not massive, but another £100 on the set. 

That, and the few recent comments about the Elevates being spinny, has caused me to pause. 

By the time I pay for a different shaft and put new grips on them, they don’t seem such a bargain for something I can’t try here (and the return thing might be a faff for me).

Tbf you could always sell the Elevates and make up the cost. I know the Elevates I bought in my T100s were pulled from PXG irons because Titleist doesn’t offer that as a stock option. Been thinking of swapping out for DG120 now that I have been playing more of a fade recently. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RushFORE said:

Tbf you could always sell the Elevates and make up the cost. I know the Elevates I bought in my T100s were pulled from PXG irons because Titleist doesn’t offer that as a stock option. Been thinking of swapping out for DG120 now that I have been playing more of a fade recently. 

Appreciate the suggestion and I possibly could if I didn’t live in the British Channel Islands.

The benefit of living here is I get tax off when goods are shipped into the island, but it’s not worth the hassle and cost of shipping stuff out. 

If I was going to order I’d probably just pay the fee for DG120s. 

Edited by Wayside

12 minutes ago, Wayside said:

Appreciate the suggestion and I possibly could if I didn’t live in the British Channel Islands.

The benefit of living here is I get tax off when goods are shipped into the island, but it’s not worth the hassle and cost of shipping stuff out. 

If I was going to order I’d probably just pay the fee for DG120s. 

Ahh - I think the DG120s are out of stock on their site. 😔 

Got in 9 last night, these irons are sweet.

I don’t understand how my distance was basically the same as T200.

I had 168 in on 1, which is all I have of a 7 iron, was gonna hit 6, but decided to go 7 to clear a tree, hit middle of green and backed it up.

Cant wait to get back out.

• Like 1

TSR4 AD DI6
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T300 5 iron T200 6-G PX LZ
MD5 52(53)-56(57) TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

On 8/25/2022 at 11:58 AM, PowderedToastMan said:

I had similar results. I had a set of 0211 ST's with Elevate Tours and they went a club shorter than my 0211 ST's with KBS Tour X's. I actually hit the KBS Tour's higher but with less spin. Elevate Tour's spun excessively for me. It's weird because I'm someone who can usually get away with playing most types of shafts. 

Also, to add to this Gen 4 ST topic-I got my Gen 4 ST Xtreme Dark GW bent to 54 yesterday. It's absolutely stunning. I'm kicking myself for not buying the full set when it was available. 

Its funny you say this. I tried some gen3 pxg irons with the elevate tour and hit every club a full club short. I had lofts checked and everything and couldn’t understand as I didn’t believe a steel stiff shaft could cause that much distance loss from the steel stiff shaft I had been playing. Makes me not feel crazy for blaming the shaft now lol

I went from Project X 6.5 to elevate x with fears that they would be to spinny but not the case at all. Gained some yardage. I’m a relatively high speed player. Hitting this 33 degree 7 iron 175-180. Very much up to the player I suppose. I have a relatively smooth transition for what it’s worth.  I was hitting the P7MBs which have a 34 degree 7 iron and that was a stick 170 club.  With the return policy, I think it’s worth trying the elevate out if you’re not able to locally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retsof2021 said:

I went from Project X 6.5 to elevate x with fears that they would be to spinny but not the case at all. Gained some yardage. I’m a relatively high speed player. Hitting this 33 degree 7 iron 175-180. Very much up to the player I suppose. I have a relatively smooth transition for what it’s worth.  I was hitting the P7MBs which have a 34 degree 7 iron and that was a stick 170 club.  With the return policy, I think it’s worth trying the elevate out if you’re not able to locally. 

Elevate Tour S is my fitted shaft, with DG120 as an alternate. I have a fairly smooth transition and I am a super low spin, low trajectory player (lots of deloft at impact). Funny though I really feel like I’m swinging hard from the top but video and my fitter show that it’s actually pretty smooth lol. 

Used to game the Modus 105s, fwiw, so I think maybe Elevate falls in a similar profile. I also usually game the stock S200 shafts in my PW - LW and don’t mind those either. I like the heavier feel in the short clubs. 

Got mine Friday and took them out for 9 holes yesterday.

First off, the shape and finish is outstanding. I was concerned that the extreme dark finish was glossy and might not suit my eye. The finish is actually very matte - quite similar in look to the old Cleveland gunmetal. Looks outstanding and the whole presentation was fantastic. 

Next, the clubs feel ridiculously soft. My first shot was a pw, and the ball melted into the face. Had several other shots that were very pleasing. I’m looking forward to hitting these more to get a better sense. 

Distance was straightforward. I think I will ultimately determine that they are not quite as long as my ZX7s, but I didn’t have any shots yesterday that made me think they would play dramatically different. 

My only issue is that the stock grips are a bit squishy for my liking, but that is an easy enough fix. 

I’ll continue to update as I get more time with these. One more thing, though, the 0311 Gen 5 driver is legit!  I picked one up on the current deal for $299. Has the same HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 as my longstanding gamer (Titleist TS3). My first 2 drives with this driver were both the longest drives I have ever hit on those holes, and both were center cut. I’ve been fighting the left side with the Titleist for a while now. The 0311 showed no left tendencies and was LONG. It looks great, too. The photos make it seem as though it has a two-tone crown, but they are deceiving. Crown is matte black and very muted. I’m very pumped about the driver. 

Overall very pleased with the purchase.   Here are some pics. For reference, these are all bent 1* strong to mirror the lofts of my ZX7s, hence a slight amount more offset. 

FB3C2EF6-B212-4C22-A862-168CD469E03E.jpeg.10c5ad67e26c2de3acd7e1f941e7d022.jpeg7E6ACB5F-03D0-4A2D-BE3E-DA821C33039C.jpeg.5ee240bbb83c0e23b2af6159be5a2ccb.jpeg

p, 9, 8 of the ST…

5D412DA4-64E3-45AA-A710-0D71C5178D98.jpeg.92de2b59e6b1124b9ff73bfa37538df1.jpeg

5ST (left) and 4T (right)…

0BEF0803-21E6-48A3-AFD3-A9ABB1A38443.jpeg.4e03f18dde079a9756a89b54f694886e.jpeg

Edited by BCULAW
  • Like 3