Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?

G-Bone

18 hours ago, NNJ said:

I just played 9 holes with them…long off the driver for sure, but felt much better off irons and wedges than the left dash which I also have played. I felt like the compression also led to more distance for me than the AVX and they seemed to spin a bit more on the scoring clubs. If these are the were not limited they would be my ball

i could see myself playing them too...in yellow 🙂

40 minutes ago, monks66 said:

dont get why its a limited release?? come on I never new a Titleist golf ball to not get attention 

There was a Team Titleist video call a few days ago about the CPO ball program where they claimed they literally don't have enough stock of the Left Dot ball.  I hope it does get released because I'd play it as my regular ball.  

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update.....played the Left Dot in my league championship on a tough links course.....finished 5th out of 25. 4 shots from a win. USed the Left dot all day....

the more i hit it, the more i like it.....its the closest thing as a game changer for me so if and when it becomes available, this will be my ball.

I still like the CSX 20 yards and in, but I can adjust with the left dot on bump and runs and high pitches.....

this ball is amazing and may be the best Titleist ball ive ever hit......i can see this becoming very popular and taking the place of the current prov1.....as the current prov1 turns into the new AVX.......the current AVX can go bye bye in this scenario because its a limited ball when you directly compare it to the left dot and regular prov1....

left dot could become a HUGE seller if it makes it to market....it explodes off the clubs....i love this ball

• Like 2

I absolutely love this ball. I've been playing the left dash since it became available but this ball has lower trajectory and much better feel without sacrificing much of the distance gained by left dash. Spin is drop and stop which I love because my ball is always right next to my pitch mark and with other balls I rip it back too far. My worry is that this ball doesn't come to market fully and I will be very disappointed because I am extremely pleased with the results so far. 

Titleist TSI3 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

Callaway Epic Speed 15* - Hzrdous Smoke 

Titleist TS2 19 Hybrid - Hzrdous Smoke

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW - Project X IO

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54*

Taylor Made Hi Toe 58*

Bettinardi Hive BB 34 DASS

TItleist ProV1

2 hours ago, tsecor said:

just a quick update.....played the Left Dot in my league championship on a tough links course.....finished 5th out of 25. 4 shots from a win. USed the Left dot all day....

the more i hit it, the more i like it.....its the closest thing as a game changer for me so if and when it becomes available, this will be my ball.

I still like the CSX 20 yards and in, but I can adjust with the left dot on bump and runs and high pitches.....

this ball is amazing and may be the best Titleist ball ive ever hit......i can see this becoming very popular and taking the place of the current prov1.....as the current prov1 turns into the new AVX.......the current AVX can go bye bye in this scenario because its a limited ball when you directly compare it to the left dot and regular prov1....

left dot could become a HUGE seller if it makes it to market....it explodes off the clubs....i love this ball

Don't see why they'd get rid of the AVX as long as it's getting sales.  A softer, non-tour ball that they can charge a premium price for.  No need to completely abandon that market.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:59 PM, cardigan said:

Don't see why they'd get rid of the AVX as long as it's getting sales.  A softer, non-tour ball that they can charge a premium price for.  No need to completely abandon that market.

i just think the lineup would be very muddy if the left dot comes to market. the AVX isnt a big seller and is more of a niche ball anyway....adding another "PROV" to the lineup would certainly increase sales for the overall prov1 brand......you would have V1, left Dot, V1X and Left Dash.......perfect balance all under the Prov1 name which has become synonmous with "golf balls"

"you playing pro v1?" 

"yea"

nobody ever says, "you playing AVX?" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

i just think the lineup would be very muddy if the left dot comes to market. the AVX isnt a big seller and is more of a niche ball anyway....adding another "PROV" to the lineup would certainly increase sales for the overall prov1 brand......you would have V1, left Dot, V1X and Left Dash.......perfect balance all under the Prov1 name which has become synonmous with "golf balls"

"you playing pro v1?" 

"yea"

I could see this happening.  Oddly enough, the 2021 ProV1 feels closer to the AVX than the Left Dot. Could they "soften" the feel of the Left Dot to slow between the AVX and the 2021 ProV1 without compromising the Left Dot vibe?

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

"you playing pro v1?" 

"yea"

It just seems that there is a market out there for a "soft" premium ball and Titleist probably wants a piece of it.  No idea of the numbers or what the folks at Titleist think though.  Maybe they'd drop the AVX name and have something with a ProV1 name targeting that demographic.  I think the big boys all have something in that segment (same price as tour played balls) except for TM.

Titleist AVX

Bridgestone B RX(S)

Callaway Chrome Soft

Srixon Z-Star (haven't tried them in a while so they may be firmer than I remember)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cardigan said:

It just seems that there is a market out there for a "soft" premium ball and Titleist probably wants a piece of it.  No idea of the numbers or what the folks at Titleist think though.  Maybe they'd drop the AVX name and have something with a ProV1 name targeting that demographic.  I think the big boys all have something in that segment (same price as tour played balls) except for TM.

Titleist AVX

Bridgestone B RX(S)

Callaway Chrome Soft

Srixon Z-Star (haven't tried them in a while so they may be firmer than I remember)

The "soft" premium ball would be the prov1.....it already feels very soft so it naturally can fill that description

• Like 1

My dozen balls are still sitting untouched in the bottom of my locker at the club.  I'm scared to touch them in case I lose any, or worse, I fall in love and can't get any more, LOL!  I'm still trying to use up my TP5x Pix, if I switch now and abandon the Pix balls they'll just sit there sadly gathering dust, and maybe if I wait they'll actually come out with the Left Dot as a full release and I won't find myself in ball limbo...

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Missed out on these, I like the left dash but the slightly softer feel and lower flight of these intrigues me. The left dash seems somewhat hard to control the distance off the irons, or I just haven't quite calibrated to it yet. 

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

On 9/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, Tupperwolf said:

My dozen balls are still sitting untouched in the bottom of my locker at the club.  I'm scared to touch them in case I lose any, or worse, I fall in love and can't get any more, LOL!  I'm still trying to use up my TP5x Pix, if I switch now and abandon the Pix balls they'll just sit there sadly gathering dust, and maybe if I wait they'll actually come out with the Left Dot as a full release and I won't find myself in ball limbo...

USE THE LEFT DOT!!!! jeez.....if you are afraid to lose them, trade me for them......ill give you a dzn TP5X and a DZN AVX for them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Played a couple rounds last week with the Left Dot, I have been experimenting with the Snell MTBX, Chromesoft, and Z Star XV before (I like all of them TBH). However, if I am playing in windy conditions, the Left Dot is my gamer for sure.

Trajectory is definitely lower but its a penetrating flight, courses I play are usually softer and it was refreshing to see some additional rollout with these. I did notice ~10 yds of additional distance on tee shots, I decided to really get after a short par 4 after a few holes and had some confidence. I hit it 285, twenty yards off the green, on a flat hole. My typical drives are ~260 so this was surprising in a very good way (and yes I made the birdie). 

Not a crazy amount of spin but drop and stop with wedges and good enough check on the irons. I am not one to ever suck a ball back, just not my game. The ball just felt great coming off the clubs.

Honestly this is the best ball I have ever drove (distance wise) other than the Left Dash but felt miles better in the short game and putting. 

I will have to do some more testing yet but this ball would make me consider spending $20 more a dozen to play them exclusively. I love finding deals but if I am routinely playing like I had with the left dot, $50/dz is a deal to me. For now with limited supply, I am picking my spots to play them!

I really like the left dot as well. I'm currently coming from an AVX, so this definitely makes up for its shortcomings. Longer off the tee, more spin on approach shots and around the green, and a better feel (for me). I really hope Titleist goes to production with this. That being said, if you like the ball, please submit your feedback to Titleist to provide justification for them to move forward with it. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:09 AM, tsecor said:

This ball from a feel perspective feels more like its in between the v1x and left dash. It feel firmer than the v1x but feels closer to the v1x than the left dash.

This is a good assessment. I wasn't expecting it to be as firm as it was, but I also thought that was because I currently play an AVX. I traded a sleeve of the left dash with my buddy, and after playing 9 with them, I realized how firm it really is.

• Like 1

Edel E-1

I am warming up to the left dot.  And for those that mention how firm it is, you are spot on.  I have only used the ball in spot duty, but on more than a few shots I have been really surprised at some of the outcomes.  For me, I would describe it as sneaky long.   It is my own fault for not doing a full evaluation so that is my goal on Sunday...to play my normal course with the Left Dot all the way for the 18 holes. 

Wish it came in yellow, but probably a real long shot and way down the road.  But not a deal breaker.

I would really like to settle on only one of the Titleist balls, but each line seems to have one little quirk for me.  The Left Dot might be the one I get married to...

One thing I forgot to mention is its durability. I absolutely drilled a tree off of the tee last week :classic_laugh: and there wasn't even a scuff. I was shocked.

• Like 1

Edel E-1

Played 3.5 rounds with this ball.  I am loving it.  Just as long as the Tour bx off the driver, love the feel around the green.  Irons have lots of spin but haven't noticed much distance lost.  Part of that is probably my swing is the best it's been all year after lots of work.  I am loving it though.  Wish I had bought 2 cases but have only lost 1 ball in the 3.5 rounds I've played.  Hope its released regularly.  

This ball sounds a lot like the balls that Titleist sent me to blind test and provide feedback. I usually play the AVX, the “blind” ball was longer off the tee, with fairway woods, good with the irons and was fine around the greens for me. I would definitely use it if it were available. Hoping I get a chance to try the left dot ProV1. 

Edited by jol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, monks66 said:

i wont if the left dot is a re-badged EXP-1??

It's not.  The EXP-01 became the Titleist Tour Speed ball.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

On 9/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, Tupperwolf said:

send them to me to alleviate your quandary

I like this ball.. a lot.. I need to get my driver launch up to 12 degrees and it episode be bombs away..

234D06E0-8F0C-4728-81A4-C687B736C4B7.jpeg

AF452BFF-6B3C-4445-8824-5CAEA83B75D7.jpeg

E94207D5-ED4A-4AB4-A3F9-F78EAFF72218.jpeg

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

🤞🏻I hope these come to retain 

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I got in on the deal and I hit one on a few holes a week ago when my swing was working well.  It is a beast off the tee for me and a little longer than the Left dash.  This years TP5X is a good overall ball but last years was def longer off the tee and the left dot beats the 2019 TP5X by a good 10yards.  

I really do hope they make this a retail product like they did the left dash. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag