Jump to content

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?


G-Bone
 Share

Recommended Posts

I heard that they were briefly available for retail on the Titleist site yesterday but stock sold out quickly (a few hours) I went to the left dot section and you can sign up for email alerts when it is back in stock which I did. On a recent Q&A with Team Titleist, they made it sound like as long as there is demand for it, it will become a part of the ball lineup. I think there has been enough demand so far for them to keep it in the lineup  but I am guessing they are going to do these soft restocks and then come out in early spring with a permanent release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Londo said:

I heard that they were briefly available for retail on the Titleist site yesterday but stock sold out quickly (a few hours) I went to the left dot section and you can sign up for email alerts when it is back in stock which I did. On a recent Q&A with Team Titleist, they made it sound like as long as there is demand for it, it will become a part of the ball lineup. I think there has been enough demand so far for them to keep it in the lineup  but I am guessing they are going to do these soft restocks and then come out in early spring with a permanent release.

where is that? I can't seem to find it

  • Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: PING 425 Max
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've gamed the Left Dot over the past 6 rounds and if this ball ever gets a real release, as in it's made available to everyone, I'll make it my ball. 2021 will see me exhausting 14 dozen balls and I just can't accept not being able to buy as many as needed at a reasonable price. I know several guys who are of the same opinion. If Titleist decides not to either offer these to everyone or incorporate the desirable traits into the next Pro V1 I'll continue to play the '19 TP5X and possibly the new Tour BXS as they've proven to be winners for me and are readily available.

 

FWIW I have not gamed a Titleist ball since 2013. I'm brand agnostic and I just play what works best for me. And the Titleist I did play was the same Left Dot as today. In talking to the Titleist rep last week he says Titleist has taken the '13 ball and tweaked the cover and dimple design for better durability, firmer feeling, and wind resistance. He also says Titleist has mentioned in their weekly calls how much they monitor social media and yes GolfWRX for "the golfer's pulse" on items, including the Left Dot. So talk it up guys and gals and let 'em know how much you like it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaylorMade JDM SLDR TP 430 10*           MCA Diamana X17 60X

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15*                           MCA Diamana X17 70X

Bridgestone J33 AirMuscle 19*                 Velyx Rome Wildeye 988X
MIURA TC-201   4-6                                  MCA MMT-105TX

MIURA MB-101  7-P                                   MCA MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Prototype  52, 57, 60                MCA MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 1.5 34/350 Beached Prototype (A010656)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nitram said:

I've gamed the Left Dot over the past 6 rounds and if this ball ever gets a real release, as in it's made available to everyone, I'll make it my ball. 2021 will see me exhausting 14 dozen balls and I just can't accept not being able to buy as many as needed at a reasonable price. I know several guys who are of the same opinion. If Titleist decides not to either offer these to everyone or incorporate the desirable traits into the next Pro V1 I'll continue to play the '19 TP5X and possibly the new Tour BXS as they've proven to be winners for me and are readily available.

 

FWIW I have not gamed a Titleist ball since 2013. I'm brand agnostic and I just play what works best for me. And the Titleist I did play was the same Left Dot as today. In talking to the Titleist rep last week he says Titleist has taken the '13 ball and tweaked the cover and dimple design for better durability, firmer feeling, and wind resistance. He also says Titleist has mentioned in their weekly calls how much they monitor social media and yes GolfWRX for "the golfer's pulse" on items, including the Left Dot. So talk it up guys and gals and let 'em know how much you like it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I haven’t played everything but the wind resistance due to its trajectory really stood out to me. I have played it twice in windy conditions and it’s a super penetrating flight along with being super long

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Londo said:

https://www.titleist.com/product/pro-v1-left-dot/001PVLT.html 
A pop up should come up saying that they are out of stock online but to “notify me” by email when there is availability again

 

You are awesome thanks! 

TSi3 8° Ventus Black 6TX 

TSi3 13.5° Ventus Black 8X

TSi3 18° Ventus Black 10TX
Z785 4-PW MMT 105TX 
RM-4 52/58 MMT 125TX  
Operator Gen 2
Left Dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FWIW I played 36 holes today with the same Left Dot and I'd used it my previous round for 4 holes, so 40 total. Anyone worried about durability can rest a little easier now.

  • Like 1

TaylorMade JDM SLDR TP 430 10*           MCA Diamana X17 60X

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15*                           MCA Diamana X17 70X

Bridgestone J33 AirMuscle 19*                 Velyx Rome Wildeye 988X
MIURA TC-201   4-6                                  MCA MMT-105TX

MIURA MB-101  7-P                                   MCA MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Prototype  52, 57, 60                MCA MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 1.5 34/350 Beached Prototype (A010656)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, nitram said:

FWIW I played 36 holes today with the same Left Dot and I'd used it my previous round for 4 holes, so 40 total. Anyone worried about durability can rest a little easier now.

How would you compare it to the left dash?  I have 2 boxes of the left dash coming this week and if that doesn't work out, will look into the left dot.  Of course I will have to buy them all up as soon as the Titleist website has them back in stock so none of you guys can't get any, haha.  J/K

Edited by phizzy30
  • Haha 1

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana ZF 60TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

How would you compare it to the left dash?  I have 2 boxes of the left dash coming this week and if that doesn't work out, will look into the left dot.  Of course I will have to buy them all up as soon as the Titleist website has them back in stock so none of you guys can get any, haha.  J/K

The Dot is a firm ball, noticeably more so than the Pro V1 but definitely less than the Dash. It flies lower than the Dash, again noticeably so, but not as low as AVX and for me living in "wind country" it's a boon. It has about the same amount of spin (or lack thereof) off the driver but has more spin on approach shots and definitely more spin around the greens.

 

It's a really solid, all-around performer, that reminds me of the 2019 TP5X that's a touch lower off the tee and more green side spin. Titleist has a winner here that's a better all-around ball than either of their current two main-stays. If they can produce enough for the masses or incorporate it into the next model they will once again have the best ball in golf.

  • Thanks 1

TaylorMade JDM SLDR TP 430 10*           MCA Diamana X17 60X

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15*                           MCA Diamana X17 70X

Bridgestone J33 AirMuscle 19*                 Velyx Rome Wildeye 988X
MIURA TC-201   4-6                                  MCA MMT-105TX

MIURA MB-101  7-P                                   MCA MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Prototype  52, 57, 60                MCA MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 1.5 34/350 Beached Prototype (A010656)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nitram said:

The Dot is a firm ball, noticeably more so than the Pro V1 but definitely less than the Dash. It flies lower than the Dash, again noticeably so, but not as low as AVX and for me living in "wind country" it's a boon. It has about the same amount of spin (or lack thereof) off the driver but has more spin on approach shots and definitely more spin around the greens.

 

It's a really solid, all-around performer, that reminds me of the 2019 TP5X that's a touch lower off the tee and more green side spin. Titleist has a winner here that's a better all-around ball than either of their current two main-stays. If they can produce enough for the masses or incorporate it into the next model they will once again have the best ball in golf.

Winter's coming and the Santa Ana winds here really pick up, however I can use a little higher flight with my driver.  Been playing the CSX LS since it's release along side the MTB-X.  I prefer the firmer feel anyways since both my gamers feel harder.  I'm hoping the left dash combines the best of both balls.  Higher launch with driver, but lower spin with the irons. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana ZF 60TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2021 at 8:17 AM, G-Bone said:

I'm hear rumblings the the "Unicorn Status" Left Dot may have an extremely limited retail release... coming soon.  🦄

 

Stay tuned... 🤞

There are/were a couple of jackasses on FB already supposedly selling these, for big $$$(like $200+ a dozen).

 

They better have Phil Mickelson hand delivering them to me himself, for me to pay even close to that for balls.

Edited by GolferJeff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, GolferJeff said:

There are/were a couple of jackasses on FB already supposedly selling these, for big $$$(like $200+ a dozen).

 

They better have Phil Mickelson hand delivering them to me himself, for me to pay even close to that for balls.

i am with you on that one.....its crazy what they are asking....i dont care how good the ball is

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, monks66 said:

i am with you on that one.....its crazy what they are asking....i dont care how good the ball is

Yeah. I mean, I obviously can't tell folks how to spend their $$$ or what to spend it on. That's just crazy to me to pay that much for balls. If you lose one, that's about $20 a ball, pass.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GolferJeff said:

Yeah. I mean, I obviously can't tell folks how to spend their $$$ or what to spend it on. That's just crazy to me to pay that much for balls. If you lose one, that's about $20 a ball, pass.

I play the AVX, and yeah a little more spin...cool...but honestly, if its harder then the pro v1, i wouldnt want it anyway...these homers on ebay can list as high as they want , they wont sell any

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, monks66 said:

I play the AVX, and yeah a little more spin...cool...but honestly, if its harder then the pro v1, i wouldnt want it anyway...these homers on ebay can list as high as they want , they wont sell any

I wish they would come out with a softer pro v1. Something that compares to the BXS

905S 9.5 Graffaloy Blue S
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

Ping G25 3 hybrid S300
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW S300
Ping Glide Stealth 52*/ Ping Tour S 56*/Ping Glide 3.0 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35”
Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kasting333 said:

I wish they would come out with a softer pro v1. Something that compares to the BXS

The last time they designed a ball similar to Bridgestone they got into trouble...

Edited by nitram
  • Like 2

TaylorMade JDM SLDR TP 430 10*           MCA Diamana X17 60X

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15*                           MCA Diamana X17 70X

Bridgestone J33 AirMuscle 19*                 Velyx Rome Wildeye 988X
MIURA TC-201   4-6                                  MCA MMT-105TX

MIURA MB-101  7-P                                   MCA MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Prototype  52, 57, 60                MCA MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 1.5 34/350 Beached Prototype (A010656)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2021 at 7:53 AM, kasting333 said:

I wish they would come out with a softer pro v1. Something that compares to the BXS

The current Pro V1 has a compression of ~87 and the BXS has a compression of ~86, it would be surprising if anyone could tell the difference in a blind test. Unless your are referring to the RXS? Personally, I have never understood wanting a softer ball, it feels like I am hitting a marshmallow. 85-100 is a sweet spot, only ball I have liked under that is the Chromsoft.The Left Dot has about the same compression of the current Pro V1, maybe a touch firmer but I love it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Londo said:

The current Pro V1 has a compression of ~87 and the BXS has a compression of ~86, it would be surprising if anyone could tell the difference in a blind test. Unless your are referring to the RXS? Personally, I have never understood wanting a softer ball, it feels like I am hitting a marshmallow. 85-100 is a sweet spot, only ball I have liked under that is the Chromsoft.The Left Dot has about the same compression of the current Pro V1, maybe a touch firmer but I love it

The bridgestone BXS is noticeably softer than the pro v1 to anyone that’s tried them. 

905S 9.5 Graffaloy Blue S
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

Ping G25 3 hybrid S300
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW S300
Ping Glide Stealth 52*/ Ping Tour S 56*/Ping Glide 3.0 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35”
Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Londo said:

I suppose compression and feel are not completely correlated, I have not hit the newer version BXS so I cannot speak to it 

Yeah the materials and the whole process must make big a difference. Maybe it’s just the very outer layer that’s softer so it doesn’t come across thru this compression measurement? I really don’t know. 
 

If you look at the ‘BXS vs ProV1’ threads it’s pretty much a consensus that the BXS is softer and that’s what I noticed as well. I switched from the prov1 to the BXS for that reason and a little extra spin on wedges 

  • Like 1

905S 9.5 Graffaloy Blue S
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

Ping G25 3 hybrid S300
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW S300
Ping Glide Stealth 52*/ Ping Tour S 56*/Ping Glide 3.0 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35”
Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, kasting333 said:

Yeah the materials and the whole process must make big a difference. Maybe it’s just the very outer layer that’s softer so it doesn’t come across thru this compression measurement? I really don’t know. 
 

If you look at the ‘BXS vs ProV1’ threads it’s pretty much a consensus that the BXS is softer and that’s what I noticed as well. I switched from the prov1 to the BXS for that reason and a little extra spin on wedges 

 

They advertise it as have a gradual compression core. So my guess it feels soft because the outside of the core does play softer and firms up as you get more towards the middle. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jc0 said:

 

They advertise it as have a gradual compression core. So my guess it feels soft because the outside of the core does play softer and firms up as you get more towards the middle. 

 

I agree.  With wedges BXS feels notably softer an V1.  However, with driver I find the feel nearly the same. However, V1 does produce a slightly louder sound which is often perceived as a 'firmer feel.'

 

  • Like 1

TaylorMade SIM2 Max Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD XC-6
TaylorMade M5 Fairways 14º & 19º ~ GD Tour AD IZ-7

Callaway Apex UW 21º ~ PX Smoke Black RDX 80
Callaway Apex 21 Irons 5–6 ~ PX IO 6.0

Callaway Apex Pro 21 Irons 7–P ~ PX IO 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw "Voke Handground" 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ PX 6.0
Evnroll ER8.3 Players Mallet ~ KBS CT Tour
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #32

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jc0 said:

 

They advertise it as have a gradual compression core. So my guess it feels soft because the outside of the core does play softer and firms up as you get more towards the middle. 

 

18 minutes ago, G-Bone said:

 

I agree.  With wedges BXS feels notably softer an V1.  However, with driver I find the feel nearly the same. However, V1 does produce a slightly louder sound which is often perceived as a 'firmer feel.'

 

This would make the most sense then, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, G-Bone said:

 

I agree.  With wedges BXS feels notably softer an V1.  However, with driver I find the feel nearly the same. However, V1 does produce a slightly louder sound which is often perceived as a 'firmer feel.'

 

I have not compared the balls but apparently the 2021 Pro V1's are softer than prior versions.  The 86 and 87 compression numbers look to have come from the MGS test.  If that's the case, it's a measurement of total ball compression.  Close compression numbers combined with your experience would indicate that even though the compression numbers are close, the Pro V1 has a firmer cover.  Way more noticeable putting and chipping than off the driver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2021 at 9:10 AM, nitram said:

The Dot is a firm ball, noticeably more so than the Pro V1 but definitely less than the Dash. It flies lower than the Dash, again noticeably so, but not as low as AVX and for me living in "wind country" it's a boon. It has about the same amount of spin (or lack thereof) off the driver but has more spin on approach shots and definitely more spin around the greens.

 

It's a really solid, all-around performer, that reminds me of the 2019 TP5X that's a touch lower off the tee and more green side spin. Titleist has a winner here that's a better all-around ball than either of their current two main-stays. If they can produce enough for the masses or incorporate it into the next model they will once again have the best ball in golf.

the left DOT is NOTHING like the 2019 TP5X IMO...........that would be the left DASH.....

 

Left DOT is so different than the TP5X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks


×
×
  • Create New...