Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?

G-Bone

On 12/15/2021 at 8:59 AM, cw1209 said:

My guess is Titleist will either A) get rid of of the AVX and replace it with left dot or B) Make the AVX more like left dot. There is simply no need for 5 "tour" balls. They will follow the Bridgestone formula and have two high compression balls and two low compression balls. 

1) High compression high spin (BXS, Pro V1x)

2) High compression low spin (BX, - Pro V1x)

3) Low compression high spin ( B RXS, Pro V1)

4) Low compression low spin (B RX, dot Pro V1/AVX)

Titleist looks at it completely different than Bridgestone. The pro v1 is lower spinning than the x by quite a bit right now. It looks more like this.

Pro v1- low driver, mid iron spin

Pro v1x- lower driver, high iron

Left dash- lowest driver, mid iron 

Left dot- low driver, low iron

AVX- lowest driver, lowest iron

I have a feeling we aren't going to get left dot/dash that we have now. The dash and AVX are due for an upgrade to the latest dimple design so we'll probably get an upgrade version of the dot as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 12:12 PM, RightHandRough said:

Hoping your little birdie is spot on. Really looking forward to this ball as it ticks all the right boxes for my game but I missed out earlier and wasn't willing to sell a kidney for a sleeve 🤣

i was able to get a dzn and let me tell you, the ball is amazing. I never had such a huge impact with a ball before..mainly distance and trajectory off the tee. Ive tried pretty much every ball and tested them ON COURSE extensively.....sure you "feel" differences around the green and maybe off a long iron but results are all pretty ,ucjh the same. When i used left dot.....i was blown away by the feel, distance and trajectory........around the green and into the green it checks all the boxes....i will be buying 10 dzn when they go to retail. I was overly impressed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

i was able to get a dzn and let me tell you, the ball is amazing. I never had such a huge impact with a ball before..mainly distance and trajectory off the tee. Ive tried pretty much every ball and tested them ON COURSE extensively.....sure you "feel" differences around the green and maybe off a long iron but results are all pretty ,ucjh the same. When i used left dot.....i was blown away by the feel, distance and trajectory........around the green and into the green it checks all the boxes....i will be buying 10 dzn when they go to retail. I was overly impressed. 

How is it compared to the left dash? I've been testing those, and like those a lot. 

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

2 hours ago, gioreeko said:

How is it compared to the left dash? I've been testing those, and like those a lot. 

2 hours ago, rlb4 said:

Compared to the left dash, shouldn't the left dot be similar low spin with the driver but a little lower spin with the irons and lower trajectory with irons and driver?

Lower trajectory across the board, compression closer to ProV1 and ProV1x than Left Dash, not as hard. In my experience it had a hair more driver spin (maybe a yard or two shorter than the dash) and definitely more iron/approach spin. Best ball I have used in the wind, hands down

Edited by Londo
sp
  • Like 2

I think the magic for me in the Left Dash is the higher compression, higher flight and lower spin. I believe that is where I get the extra distance I see off the driver and woods. The irons are the same in that I hit the Dash fairly high and control the stopping power on the green with decent angle. I'll certainly try the Dot when I'm able but I'll be surprised if it beats the Dash for my game.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:36 PM, gioreeko said:

i played left dash quite a bit before left dot came out......for me., left dash is too harsh. It flies far but you really feel it off the driver and irons. The left dash did not work for me around the greens either. 50 yards and in, i struggled with touch (because of the harsh feel) and stopping the ball where I wanted. 

I moved to Chrome soft X and had great results prior to left Dot coming out

I switch between the left dot and left dash. Play the dot in colder weather because the dash is even harsher below 60 degrees.

TM Qi10 LS 9° LAGP A-series Low 60 - 5(X) Limited Release

Cobra King Speedzone 14.5° LAGP Tour AXS BLU 70X

TM 2019 P790 3 19° LAGP A-series Low Hybrid 105

TM 2019 P790 4-P LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

TM MG4 50.09° SB 54.11° SB 60.08° LB LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock LAGP TPZ 180 | Titleist 23’ Pro V1x 

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Haig said:

Has anyone heard any updates on if and when another release will happen?

Titleist has not confirmed yet but there is potential for another SMALL retail release of Left Dot early this summer. 

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

The dot was my fav ball last year. It was near perfect. The new Srixon diamond has become my replacement. It is as close to the dot as anything I have found. 

• Like 3

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 3/9/2022 at 10:25 PM, QuigleyDU said:

The dot was my fav ball last year. It was near perfect. The new Srixon diamond has become my replacement. It is as close to the dot as anything I have found. 

I like the Diamond as well…however IMO the most comparable to the Dot I’ve played is the ‘22 Bridgestone Tour BX

Ping G425 LST 9*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5TX Small Batch

Callaway XR 16 Pro 14*, Fujikura Speeder 765 Evo II TS X

Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 20*, HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 Hand-Crafted

Miura MB-101 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X7

Miura Tour Milled 52, 56, 60, Dynamic Gold X7

Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Standard

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Jet Set

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

On 3/14/2022 at 2:22 PM, DerekPersson said:

I like the Diamond as well…however IMO the most comparable to the Dot I’ve played is the ‘22 Bridgestone Tour BX

I would second this.

2022 Bridgestone Tour B X has the most spin separation from driver to wedge of any ball I have ever tested.

There are faster balls with less spin off the driver, and there are balls with more spin into and around the greens.  However, no ball does BOTH as well as the 2022 Tour B X.

Side note - Z-Star Diamond similar to  B X, but with more driver spin and less short game spin, in my testing. 

Edited by G-Bone
  • Like 3

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

1 hour ago, DerekPersson said:

Have not had the opportunity with those yet. Looking forward to it.

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 3/14/2022 at 1:42 PM, QuigleyDU said:

Have not had the opportunity with those yet. Looking forward to it.

If you liked the Dot, you’ll like the Tour BX…very similar all around feel and spin through the bag.  Arguably even better feel…likely going to be my ball this season.

• Like 2

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

1 minute ago, Mike_Honcho said:

i have a dozen left dots and a few sleeves left 😊

Lucky!  I’m on my last sleeve.  If they do get released again, I’ll buy a couple dozen but at the same time, the ‘22 Tour BX should suffice just fine 🤘🏻

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

32 minutes ago, Haig said:

Would you say the flights are similar or does one fly higher than the other?

For me, the Tour BX is not like the left Dot at all.  It spins more everywhere for me.  Launches a fraction higher, but that could definitely be my swing.  I bought a box of the new T-BX last week, because I had not tested it and had all but settled on the Z-Star diamond until the LD were released again. 

I bought the TBX's specifically because of the feedback on this site.  I think they are a very nice feeling ball and softer than the Left Dot and Diamond.  Left Dot and Diamond edged it a touch on ball speed for me.  Bridgestone's are very durable in my experience and likely one of the best in that regard.  Great ball, but it spins more off the driver and wedges compared to the Dot. 

Your results will be specific to you and would definitely test before buying.  I've played PROV's for 10 years and have very specific needs and wants.  Spin can be a problem for me, so I put a premium on driver spin performance.  I create tons of spin with my wedges and do not want them ripping back on greens.  The left Dot is my Holy grail ball.  So, anybody that says a ball plays like it I am going to test it.  The TBX is not that ball.  Great ball, but different from the LD for sure. Feel, spin, and launch not that close.  For me, the diamond comes closest in performance all around, but it spins more around the green and is a touch firmer.

My stats from a GC Quad-  Driver SS 118MPH average, +2 up and slightly in-> out on path.  I'm about 4-6 down with my irons.

1 hour ago, Haig said:

Would you say the flights are similar or does one fly higher than the other?

Not really, at least for me the difference seemed negligible.  I didn’t test on GC or anything like B. Easy…mainly a raw head to head comparison out on the course taking two of the same shots. 

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

27 minutes ago, B.Easy said:

For me, the Tour BX is not like the left Dot at all.  It spins more everywhere for me.  Launches a fraction higher, but that could definitely be my swing.  I bought a box of the new T-BX last week, because I had not tested it and had all but settled on the Z-Star diamond until the LD were released again. 

I bought the TBX's specifically because of the feedback on this site.  I think they are a very nice feeling ball and softer than the Left Dot and Diamond.  Left Dot and Diamond edged it a touch on ball speed for me.  Bridgestone's are very durable in my experience and likely one of the best in that regard.  Great ball, but it spins more off the driver and wedges compared to the Dot. 

Your results will be specific to you and would definitely test before buying.  I've played PROV's for 10 years and have very specific needs and wants.  Spin can be a problem for me, so I put a premium on driver spin performance.  I create tons of spin with my wedges and do not want them ripping back on greens.  The left Dot is my Holy grail ball.  So, anybody that says a ball plays like it I am going to test it.  The TBX is not that ball.  Great ball, but different from the LD for sure. Feel, spin, and launch not that close.  For me, the diamond comes closest in performance all around, but it spins more around the green and is a touch firmer.

My stats from a GC Quad-  Driver SS 118MPH average, +2 up and slightly in-> out on path.  I'm about 4-6 down with my irons.

Interesting…. I didn’t test on GC like yourself, but on course they didn’t seem to feel all that different or perform all that different.  Maybe the cooler weather had something to do with it.

Just bought a sleeve of Diamonds, playing Saturday so I’ll try them out.

I’m similar stats to you though, 120+ on-course Driver, 4-6 down on irons. 

I’m with you on the Dot though 💯, already raved about it earlier in this thread somewhere … they release again, I’m buying.

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

2 minutes ago, DerekPersson said:

Interesting…. I didn’t test on GC like yourself, but on course they didn’t seem to feel all that different or perform all that different.  Maybe the cooler weather had something to do with it.

Just bought a sleeve of Diamonds, playing Saturday so I’ll try them out.

I’m similar stats to you though, 120+ on-course Driver, 4-6 down on irons. 

I’m with you on the Dot though 💯, already raved about it earlier in this thread somewhere … they release again, I’m buying.

Very well could be more similar than I observed indoors.  I played with them at Torrey Pines last week versus the LDot and they spun a lot more around the greens!  Surprisingly spinny really!  BRING BACK THE DOTS!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, B.Easy said:

Very well could be more similar than I observed indoors.  I played with them at Torrey Pines last week versus the LDot and they spun a lot more around the greens!  Surprisingly spinny really!  BRING BACK THE DOTS!!!

So is the Diamonds driver spin similar to the left dot? Also how do their driver trajectories compare? Love the low driver spin of the dot and dash but need the lower trajectory of the dot.

6 hours ago, rlb4 said:

So is the Diamonds driver spin similar to the left dot? Also how do their driver trajectories compare? Love the low driver spin of the dot and dash but need the lower trajectory of the dot.

There are a lot of individual swing characteristics that have influence on how a certain ball performs.

For example, I’m pretty sure sure srixon themselves says the Diamond spins more off the driver than their XV with a mid-high flight, but as you read, that’s not how some people have seen it play on the course.

I do think the most accurate test with regard to ball numbers is the swing robot…literally just change the balls and read the data.

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

9 hours ago, B.Easy said:

You should give the '22 Tour BX a try.

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

8 hours ago, rlb4 said:

For me it was within 150 revs standard deviation indoor testing.  Outdoors it was not noticeable. I was playing in the wind at Bandon and Torrey Pines.  I think the wind performance was outstanding and was the one area the diamond had a small perceived advantage over the Dot.  Launch was similar. Spun more than the Dot around the green.

1 hour ago, B.Easy said:

That's what I was testing.

Sorry, I somehow confused what you wrote that it was the BXS.

What about the Left Dash?

Edited by nitram

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

3 minutes ago, nitram said:

Sorry, I somehow confused what you wrote that it was the BXS.

What about the Left Dash?

No probs!  Dash is lowest spin I've ever tested and gamed from a premium ball. Used them starting in late 2019 to the summer of 21 until getting the Dot.  Really like the ball, but would prefer more greenside spin.