Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

49 minutes ago, touch said:

Washington Football Team Reportedly Has New Name Narrowed Down To These Four Options

E_0zCmsUYAgz_3b-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zEpwVEA0_wJP-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zJeWUYBcz70z-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zHH0VcAgwIDo-1024x1024.jpeg

I vote for the Abortion. The Washington Abortion.

The logo could be the  burgundy colored embryo of Dan Snyder being sucked into a gold colored vacuum cleaner. 
Channeling my late Norm McDonald.  

I apologize for my crudeness but I am over the name game. 
They all suck. 
Call them the Wizards. 
They can both suck equally. 

Red Hogs. Simple minded hogwash. 
The red hog looks nothing like that fierce wart hog in the logo 

The red wattle hog is hardly a fierce creature. Can’t really see that pig opening holes for the diesel to plow through. 

I just can’t stand the need for the team to muddle their brand and sound like the team in minor league baseball or hockey. 
Just leave it as the team. I named my cat Kitty. Because that is what it was a kitty. Just call it the Burgundy and Gold or the WFT. 
Market it as the team above all others. 

Burgundy and Gold WFT. There!  Just like Manchester United, or Barcelona FC. Class up the organization so we are not reminded of the stench that comes from the owners box every Sunday. 

That said 

Give me some sexy Euros. 
Rahm

Rory 

One American. Schauffle 

image.jpeg.b1c1a7ed5441c91510f4a4c445fe5ea0.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, touch said:

Washington Football Team Reportedly Has New Name Narrowed Down To These Four Options

E_0zCmsUYAgz_3b-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zEpwVEA0_wJP-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zJeWUYBcz70z-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zHH0VcAgwIDo-1024x1024.jpeg

Armada? What is this the Spanish Inquisition? Yeah that doesn't make sense, neither does the name.

How about just HOGS or RED WOLVES. 

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Football Picks

Panthers    -7.5

Raiders       -5

Cowboys    -4   (x2)

Ryder Cup

Tony Finau   (U.S.)

Justin Thomas  (US)

Tommy Fleetwood  (Eur.)  

Yeah I know everyone knows which country is which but it does look cool though right?

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Ryder Cup teams 

touch                    Berger                  Rahm                J.T.

puttin48               Cantlay                 Rham                Xander

P3P                       Fleetwood            Finau                Xander 

Chuntmsn            Scheffler               Spieth              D.J.

doctoro                Rory                      Rahm                 Xander

NCLancer

Greenemchn

Q                          Fleetwood            Finau                 J.T.

Edited by touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

Football Picks

Panthers    -7.5

Raiders       -5

Cowboys    -4   (x2)

Ryder Cup

Tony Finau   (U.S.)

Justin Thomas  (US)

Tommy Fleetwood  (Eur.)  

Yeah I know everyone knows which country is which but it does look cool though right?

Oh Q man out of all of us you are by far the coolest.

65 Fat Rapper Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ryder Cup teams 

touch                                 Berger                  Rahm                J.T.

puttin48                            Cantlay                 Rham               Xander

P3P                                   Fleetwood            Finau                Xander 

Chuntmsn                         Scheffler              Spieth              D.J.

doctoro                             Rory                      Rahm                Xander

NCLancer                         Hovland                English             D.J 

Greenemchn                    Morikowa              English            Poulter 

Qqq                                  Fleetwood            Finau               J.T.

Edited by touch

2 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

I am all that is cool bro.....

Q4J3UfA.jpg

trq1KHp.jpg

jack-nicholson-sunscreen-15.jpg

Now those are some epic man boobs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am with you doc in that it better not have a minor league feel/look to it.

I like none of the choices. Just select Washington Football Club and be done with it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Man boobs = moobs

This I knew I just for some reason ever use that phrase, but thanks for the assistance Mr. P. 

Class, let's talk further about moobs .   

From Men's Health magazine.   

Prominent breasts in men, a.k.a. man boobs or 'moobs,' are for some a major source of anxiety for the stigma they may face from other men in locker rooms, the beach or pool, or any other scenario where they might be expected to take off their shirt. Men with enlarged chests sometimes fear accusations of being grossly out of shape or mocked as looking effeminate. This shame can cause real hurt, as some men go to the extremes of wearing extra clothes, slouching, gaining more weight on purpose to hide the prominence, or never removing their shirt in public, no matter the circumstances.

But really, the condition, known as gynemastia, is much more common than you might expect; up to 30 percent of men will be affected at some point in their lives, often during periods of life when the body undergoes hormonal changes, like puberty or between the ages of 50 to 69.

To get rid of their prominent breasts, men are increasingly opting for a surgical solution. Male breast reduction procedures rose by 32 percent from 2000 to 2017 according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and in 2019 was the fourth most common cosmetic surgery procedure for men. Just do frequent push ups and inverted rows and they will begin to lessen. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, doctoro said:

I vote for the Abortion. The Washington Abortion.

The logo could be the  burgundy colored embryo of Dan Snyder being sucked into a gold colored vacuum cleaner. 
Channeling my late Norm McDonald.  

I apologize for my crudeness but I am over the name game. 
They all suck. 
Call them the Wizards. 
They can both suck equally. 

Red Hogs. Simple minded hogwash. 
The red hog looks nothing like that fierce wart hog in the logo 

The red wattle hog is hardly a fierce creature. Can’t really see that pig opening holes for the diesel to plow through. 

I just can’t stand the need for the team to muddle their brand and sound like the team in minor league baseball or hockey. 
Just leave it as the team. I named my cat Kitty. Because that is what it was a kitty. Just call it the Burgundy and Gold or the WFT. 
Market it as the team above all others. 

Burgundy and Gold WFT. There!  Just like Manchester United, or Barcelona FC. Class up the organization so we are not reminded of the stench that comes from the owners box every Sunday. 

That said 

Give me some sexy Euros. 
Rahm

Rory 

One American. Schauffle 

image.jpeg.b1c1a7ed5441c91510f4a4c445fe5ea0.jpeg

1 hour ago, touch said:

I am with you doc in that it better not have a minor league feel/look to it.

I like none of the choices. Just select Washington Football Club and be done with it. 

Being the 3rd Washington fan here on the thread, I know I am not nearly as tenured as mich commish or the good doctor. I know I have never lived in or around the DMV area nor have I ever been to RFK or to FedEx. However I feel for all that I have missed I make up for in passion. The game of football is something I love and deeply cherish. A game that can be decided on mere inches. A game that is won in the trenches. A game, that on any given Sunday, anything can happen. All clichés I know, but what isn't is the fact that no matter the logo, the team name good, bad or indifferent I know my passion for the game and certainly this team will never wane. Mind you this is coming from a kid that grew up with a Panthers franchise in his backyard that reached the Super Bowl in it's 3rd year of existence. Could I have chosen them as my "favorite team"? Absolutely. So then G1,  why in the world did you choose the Deadskins of the 2000's and onward that struggled and festered under a dictator of an owner and general manager and not the surging Panthers that would reach the Super Bowl in a record season a decade later?  

The answer is simple I found something I could identify with. A Blue Collar "Run the ball down your throat" team who came off great success with 2 Super Bowl titles in the 80's and then was suddenly kicked off the horse and into obscurity. A forgotten team that would be hammered by horrible leadership, wasted draft picks, poorly managed capital, terribly coaching staffs, expensive and often times unproductive free agents, and worse of all an established culture of losing and toxicity. With the final nail coming alongside the resurrection of PC culture and thus a name change was demanded and moved towards. We all have our demons, some bigger than others but this regardless of your opinion, something that had to be done and so the Redskins name was then retired and change to something incredible vanilla. The basic nature of the current name Washington Football Team has not and will not warrant any excitement from myself on Sunday's. There is just nothing for me to rally around/behind. The point of a name is identity and not in the facet. The literal definition and meaning of identity is the Washington Football Team sure, but most people, most fans don't have something the then can align themselves with like they can with something like armada, brigade, red wolves, or red hogs. Sure they may be childish on their exterior but the fact remains you can identify with and it then becomes a part of you. The whole reason the Redskins name worked( regardless of being red or blue) was because not only was it badass looking but you knew what it was. How many of you grew up playing Cowboys and Indians? Probably most if not all. It was something seen, understood, and appreciated and therefore you wanted to be part of it, to be just like Chuck Connors and be the rootin, tootin, shootin cowboy that was the Riflemen. Or the wise loyal and forgiving Tonto who shared a strong friendship with justice and the man in a black mask (Clayton Moore). I would cheer for Washington Turd Sandwiches or the Washington Albino Zebra's. Either way I know what they are and I have a sense of community/brotherhood with others who also cheer for the same team as I do giving way to sense of belonging. 

The point I am getting to is this: We are not robots, we are not vanilla, we are not just a team. Instead we are an incredibly loyal fanbase that wants to get back to winning and doing thing the right way all while we have something we can call ourselves, an identity. After all I began life in 1992 the last year Washington won a Super Bowl against the Buffalo Bills the very same opponent Washington will face  Week 3. In some ways you could say I was born to a Washington fan. Isn't life funny how it works sometimes?

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

Being the 3rd Washington fan here on the thread, I know I am not nearly as tenured as mich commish or the good doctor. I know I have never lived in or around the DMV area nor have I ever been to RFK or to FedEx. However I feel for all that I have missed I make up for in passion. The game of football is something I love and deeply cherish. A game that can be decided on mere inches. A game that is won in the trenches. A game, that on any given Sunday, anything can happen. All clichés I know, but what isn't is the fact that no matter the logo, the team name good, bad or indifferent I know my passion for the game and certainly this team will never wane. Mind you this is coming from a kid that grew up with a Panthers franchise in his backyard that reached the Super Bowl in it's 3rd year of existence. Could I have chosen them as my "favorite team"? Absolutely. So then G1,  why in the world did you choose the Deadskins of the 2000's and onward that struggled and festered under a dictator of an owner and general manager and not the surging Panthers that would reach the Super Bowl in a record season a decade later?  

The answer is simple I found something I could identify with. A Blue Collar "Run the ball down your throat" team who came off great success with 2 Super Bowl titles in the 80's and then was suddenly kicked off the horse and into obscurity. A forgotten team that would be hammered by horrible leadership, wasted draft picks, poorly managed capital, terribly coaching staffs, expensive and often times unproductive free agents, and worse of all an established culture of losing and toxicity. With the final nail coming alongside the resurrection of PC culture and thus a name change was demanded and moved towards. We all have our demons, some bigger than others but this regardless of your opinion, something that had to be done and so the Redskins name was then retired and change to something incredible vanilla. The basic nature of the current name Washington Football Team has not and will not warrant any excitement from myself on Sunday's. There is just nothing for me to rally around/behind. The point of a name is identity and not in the facet. The literal definition and meaning of identity is the Washington Football Team sure, but most people, most fans don't have something the then can align themselves with like they can with something like armada, brigade, red wolves, or red hogs. Sure they may be childish on their exterior but the fact remains you can identify with and it then becomes a part of you. The whole reason the Redskins name worked( regardless of being red or blue) was because not only was it badass looking but you knew what it was. How many of you grew up playing Cowboys and Indians? Probably most if not all. It was something seen, understood, and appreciated and therefore you wanted to be part of it, to be just like Chuck Connors and be the rootin, tootin, shootin cowboy that was the Riflemen. Or the wise loyal and forgiving Tonto who shared a strong friendship with justice and the man in a black mask (Clayton Moore). I would cheer for Washington Turd Sandwiches or the Washington Albino Zebra's. Either way I know what they are and I have a sense of community/brotherhood with others who also cheer for the same team as I do giving way to sense of belonging. 

The point I am getting to is this: We are not robots, we are not vanilla, we are not just a team. Instead we are an incredibly loyal fanbase that wants to get back to winning and doing thing the right way all while we have something we can call ourselves, an identity. After all I began life in 1992 the last year Washington won a Super Bowl against the Buffalo Bills the very same opponent Washington will face  Week 3. In some ways you could say I was born to a Washington fan. Isn't life funny how it works sometimes?

At this point, I would call them Revenge of the Nerds since Dan Snyder looks a little bit like the lead character and he also videotapes cheerleaders in the shower.

All of these are reasonable sentiment, but dare I say Armada is a Spanish word which has no real attachment to the polis.  The Red Hogs is like naming the Steelers the White Websters or some other OL from their heyday.  Red Wolves?  When was the last wolf seen in DC?  1722?  C'mon, something more relevant.  And Brigade is just too generic for me.  I have some ideas, let's try these on:

The Presidents

The Monuments

The Striper (striped bass used to run up the Chesapeake in huge numbers)

The Liars

The Filibusters

The Subsidies

The Shutdowns

The Omnibus

The Constitution

The Shills to Corporate Interests, or, the Corporate Welfare Team

The Taxmen

The No Taxation without Representations

The Watergates

The Cosmic Ping Pong Guards

(Favorite Politicians) Moral Compass

• Like 3

I believe a good new name to change to would be the Senators ........ just renew the old D.C. MLB team's name and have the Washington Senators 2.0 . Historic and not a chance of corniness , sub par, or bush league nonsense. I am with Pete that the four final choice's all reek of phoning it in. 

Washington Football Club works for me though as well. 

I have enjoyed the good conversation my original post has started today. 

1964 Washington Senators Team & Player Stats | StatMuse

Heck the Senators even played their games from 1962-1971 at RFK. 

https://calltothepen.com/2020/03/16/washington-senators-last-game-riot-historic-broadcast/

Awww the memories of that place aye doc? Skins of course, but also RFK was the spot for one of the best rock concerts I have ever attended, Metallica with G n' R.

July 17, 1992 Washington, D.C. United States RFK Stadium 47,498 / 47,498 (100%) $1,306,195

07/17/1992: Guns N' Roses / Metallica / Faith No More @ RFK Stadium |  Concert Archives

Women Unleash their Inner Goddess Under the Electric Sky | Your EDM

The music was really loud so it caused me to drink a lot. I knew it was a twin bill so I had some Peruvian powder in a glass vile in my pocket. I went with two busty brunettes in halter tops and the three of us danced and had big fun all the way to through the final encore. This concert was also the first one I attended that had concert personnel with video camera's combing the crowd and their images were shown directly on the stadium jumbo screens live. The cameramen seemingly only sought out girls on top of a guy's shoulders. Well this wasn't Bike Week at Daytona or bead seeking gals during Mardi Gras in New Orleans, no this was just average female rock and roll fans attending  D.C.'s old pro ball park for the concert of the summer, and many of them added to the show by whipping 'em out for the boys!  🙂

D.C. Seeks Contractor to Demolish RFK Stadium | 2019-09-11 | Engineering  News-Record

I even saw a few of this teams games there. Craig James was a good running back. Their record was 7-29. Poor team those USFL Federals.  Heck the WFT could do a Federals 2.0 also. 

Federals logo

Washington Federals

Years of existence: 1983-1984
Owner: Berl Bernhard
Stadium: RFK Stadium (54,794)
Colors: Kelly green, black, silver and white (silver, black and white 1984)
Overall Regular Season Record: 7-29
Overall Playoff Record: 0-0

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Just waiting on your Ryder Cup team Mr. NCL. 

7 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Football Picks

Panthers    -7.5

Raiders       -5

Cowboys    -4   (x2)

Ryder Cup

Tony Finau   (U.S.)

Justin Thomas  (US)

Tommy Fleetwood  (Eur.)  

So for the first time since 2019 your weekly picks do not include New England?  Are we fortunate enough to get some explanation or just keep on concentrating on what is and what is not cool? 

• Like 1

Standings through week 2 

NCL - 6-2

P3P - 5-2-1

Q - 5-2

P48 - 4-2

Chuntsman 4-4

G1 - 2-4-1

touch - 1-5-1

doc 1-5

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 3 Lines

Panthers at Texans Thurs, 8:20 p.m. ET Texans +7.5 43.5
Colts at Titans Sun, 1 p.m. ET Titans -5 50
Falcons at Giants Sun, 1 p.m. ET Giants -3.5 48.5
Chargers at Chiefs Sun, 1 p.m. ET OTB OTB
Bengals at Steelers Sun, 1 p.m. ET Steelers -4.5 45
Bears at Browns Sun, 1 p.m. ET Browns -7.5 47
Ravens at Lions Sun, 1 p.m. ET OTB OTB
Saints at Patriots Sun, 1 p.m. ET Patriots -3 42.5
Cardinals at Jaguars Sun, 1 p.m. ET Jaguars +7.5 52
Washington at Bills Sun, 1 p.m. ET Bills -8.5 46.5
Jets at Broncos Sun, 4:05 p.m. ET Broncos -11 41.5
Dolphins at Raiders Sun, 4:05 p.m. ET Raiders -5 45.5
Seahawks at Vikings Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Vikings +1 55
Buccaneers at Rams Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Rams -1 54.5
Packers at 49ers Sun, 8:20 p.m. ET 49ers -4 48.5
Eagles at Cowboys Mon, 8:15 p.m. ET Cowboys -4

Edited by touch

The Super Cool Guy

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

At this point, I would call them Revenge of the Nerds since Dan Snyder looks a little bit like the lead character and he also videotapes cheerleaders in the shower.

All of these are reasonable sentiment, but dare I say Armada is a Spanish word which has no real attachment to the polis.  The Red Hogs is like naming the Steelers the White Websters or some other OL from their heyday.  Red Wolves?  When was the last wolf seen in DC?  1722?  C'mon, something more relevant.  And Brigade is just too generic for me.  I have some ideas, let's try these on:

The Presidents

The Monuments

The Striper (striped bass used to run up the Chesapeake in huge numbers)

The Liars

The Filibusters

The Subsidies

The Shutdowns

The Omnibus

The Constitution

The Shills to Corporate Interests, or, the Corporate Welfare Team

The Taxmen

The No Taxation without Representations

The Watergates

The Cosmic Ping Pong Guards

(Favorite Politicians) Moral Compass

Washington Redtails in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CHuntsman said:

My wife asked me yesterday if I had any aches or pains.  I said I had some pain under my right moob.  "What's a moob?" 😂 She then realized what I was referring to.  Embrace the moobs, fellas.  Whether at the beach or the local neighborhood pool, if the suns out, the gut and moobs are out as well!  I'm 6'3" 340lbs of pure man meat! Let a MFer mention my moobs or gut. 🥊  Worked damn hard to get, damn sure gonna show em!  🤣😂

ATL big fella here reppin' with pride the large gifts.    Right on 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

Washington Redtails in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen!

Some folks have been campaigning for just that.

No photo description available.

• Like 4

Do girls like or care if a guy has man boobs? | Dating Coach for Men

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1