Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

3 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

LOL!  No one goes to AZ sporting events to drink, they go only to be seen!

The odd thing, is that the SF and Seattle 'fans' are always stupid drunk and obnoxious - you would think the only reason they are there is to drink!  Those 2 fanbases are the worst in football for many reasons.  I absolutely hate going to games there.  

Whereas, I have seen the drinking in some of those at the top of the list, but it never felt the same as SF/SS.

I wonder, perhaps, additional data is needed to show those that can 'hold their liquor'. 

drunk fail GIF  drunk bad girls club GIF by Oxygen

I'm having a hard time believing those aren't your own hometown Sun Devil party slu*s and not images of SF nor Sea girls. Ask me how I'd know.   😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

So P48 you are not going to Glendale to see the Redbirds first preseason game tonight? 

On 8/11/2021 at 7:27 PM, touch said:

Ram's history. The first awesome QB the L.A. Rams had was a Wilmington, North Carolina boy named Roman Gabriel. I remember as a wee lad in Detroit watching the late afternoon games on black and white TV between Roman and Roger Staubach and Roman versus Fran Tarkenton.

The first Ram cheerleader squad was formed in 1978.

"For much of 1978, the Los Angeles Rams cheerleaders became the hottest act in Tinseltown and insinuated themselves among the upper echelon of Hollywood who’s who: Edy Roberts dated Teddy Pendergrass, Marie Busby partied with Mick Jagger, and a bevy of Rams beauties frolicked in roller skates at the Playboy Mansion.

“We became celebrities overnight,” remembers Mayra Fornos-Buch (formerly Mayra Reyes). “We were picked up by limos. It was very glamorous… I was on Charlie’s Angeles, CHIPS, a Bob Hope special, Merv Griffin, Johnny Carson—and that was just during the first few months.”

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/the-embraceable-ewes-l-a-s-first-pro-cheerleaders-reunite/

header.jpg

And they used to play in St. Louis, a city I am fond of.

So I will take the current L.A. Rams to win their division for 10 points Commish Greene.

Los Angeles Rams Cheerleaders Photos from Rams vs New York Giants - Pro  Dance Cheer

Well those are all very good reasons to chose a team...

• Thanks 1

Football is back!   

Let's all remember this beautiful, completely clean hit. This is how you  hit a player.: eagles

GIF deporte esporte sports - animated GIF on GIFER - by Malar

Increible amazing GIF - Find on GIFER

Crazy smart schlau GIF - Find on GIFER

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Breakfast is served. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Club Championship this weekend. Just getting ready this AM. No steak and fancy beverage for ole P3P as a pre-game meal.

Nope, instead I got a full serving of GnR last night. Drove into town for a quick show.  I forgot how much I enjoyed them, but if I were to do it again I wouldn’t go. The sound system wasn’t too good, but Slash and Duff can still rip. Axl’s vocals were super washed out. First song I could see him singing but could barely hear him. And his voice is a tremendous part of the music.

Welcome to the jungle. For a laugh check out some of the fat Axl memes

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 10:23 AM, Petethreeput said:

Have the Steelers and Patriots peaked too soon?  Discuss...

P3P that's a really good question. Personally I think both teams have in some ways peaked, meaning they will be forces within their divisions but have lost some tread on the tires when it comes to keeping up the rest of the competition in the NFL. Both teams have lost their respective superstars with the Patriots losing Brady, Gronk and several defensive and special teams players pivotal during their reign of terror throughout the 2000's and 2010's. Players like Willie McGinest, Rodney Harrison, Rob Ninkovich, Jerod Mayo, Kevin Faulk, Danny Amendola, Asante Samuel, Ty Law, Adam Vinatieri to name a few never really made too many headlines but instead made a crucial plays in critical situations to move the chains or to force a turnover. These talents in some ways were replaced by the Patriots as the players themselves got older, traded, released or retired. But for every body that was replaced, sometimes the replacement never lived up to the guy they had replaced. Yeah, yeah I know this is a common challenge in any front office in order to consistently win year after year. However the Steelers unlike the Patriots have had a longer wining culture that had amassed multiple, coaches, players, GM's, and fans. This is where the difference lies. Pittsburgh is simply expected to win longer than New England when compared to each other in the long run. The Steelers have an identity, a winning one at that, of playing strong defense and pounding the ball down the opponents throat on offense. Even though like New England Pittsburgh had it's trio of stars with the killer bees with Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell their identity still never changed. Run the Ball and play excellent defense. This has proven to be a strength of the Steel City franchise because they knew in advance what type of young men they wanted in their organization. Men like Troy Polamalu, Lamar Woodley, Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, James Harrison, Ike Taylor, Ryan Clark, James Ferrier,  Larry Foote and Brett Keisel. Instead of learning the ropes with the new found success as was found in New England, Pittsburgh already knew not only what players they wanted but kind of people were going to continue on the Steel City Tradition.  Players weren't the only thing in favor of the Steelers, coaching was a big deal too. Bill Cowher coached the Steel Curtain for 15 years starting in 1992 with 2 Super Bowl wins in 2006 and 2008. Dick Lebeau also with the Steeler for 15 years and also part of the 2 Super Bowls wins in the 2000's had his defense, an identity of the team, post a ridiculous 13.9 Points Against in 2008 in route to capturing another Lombardi. New England hit a one in a million generational talent when drafting Tom Brady with the 199th pick in the 2000 draft. I truly think that with New England's knight in shining armor showing up when he did accelerate  the success  that would have otherwise been delayed 5 maybe 10 years. To the credit of the Patriots they did at least keep a good stock of under the radar scrappy skill players looking to perform and become something great and thus the Patriot Way was born. I know Bill Belichick has been credited with the inauguration of the Patriot Way but I really think that if Brady didn't become the GOAT that he has become I don't think the Patriot Way would have ever been established, after all Brady is the ultimate Patriot Way guy, just looked what happened when he left. 

And so in a very long winded way of answering your question P3P, The Steelers and the Patriots have both peaked.... for now. The Steelers are in little bit better shape in turning the ship around and getting back to their championship ways through established identity and winning culture. The Patriots, right behind the Steelers, aren't in bad shape either as they too have established a consistent winning culture, but was it the coach/organization or was it the player that establish their now infamous Patriot Way identity? Time is the greatest story teller of them all and so I think we should see the answer to that question in the near future but until then good luck competing against the resurgent and dangerous AFC North, the up and coming AFC East and as always Mahomes and company will be there to great you at the AFC Championship door. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Quick question and sorry if I missed the answer:

If a team has been picked already to win their division is that team locked out to others?  For example, am I able to pick the Saints also?

Thank you in advance... 

No NCL that is not the case. I was just talking with commish about how interesting it was that of those who posted their choices so far no two were the same. I was between SF and LA. Somebody better take the Niners. 

All dandy in the triangle sir? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more day to go.

At this point in the week we have one spent old blonde dude. 

Glad there's some NFL to watch while unwinding. Preseason is just fine. 

Some guy named Lawrence is currently making his debut. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, touch said:

No NCL that is not the case. I was just talking with commish about how interesting it was that of those who posted their choices so far no two were the same. I was between SF and LA. Somebody better take the Niners. 

All dandy in the triangle sir? 

Thank you for the reply and the inquiry.

Just returned yesterday from our 2nd trip to NNY this summer...family wedding at a local golf course.  Cannot at all compare to the posh festivities hosted by BFCC but it was fine for our area!  

One round of golf at Bluff Point Golf Resort was played as the temps were only in the mid 80's.  Unfortunately my score was much higher than the temp but the company was fun and we had a enjoyable day...   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Quick question and sorry if I missed the answer:

If a team has been picked already to win their division is that team locked out to others?  For example, am I able to pick the Saints also?

Thank you in advance... 

Well my Plattsburgh friend I ma sorry to say that because I did take the Saints they then cannot be picked again. If you would like though I would be more than happy to switch picks and give you the Saints pick

Edited by greenemachine

P48 - Buffalo Bills in the AFC East

image.png.11118d0b72ee88654db41a2d0bba0261.png

Q Man - New England Patriots in the AFC East  

image.png.0d380fb17e96939455455e20531cf18d.png

P3P - Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC North 

38 Ben Roethlisberger memes ideas | ben roethlisberger, memes, steelers

G1- New Orleans Saints in the NFC South 

New Orleans Saints Quotes. QuotesGram

Chuntsman- Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC South 

Tampa Bay Gronkaneers svg, Buccaneers svg, New England Patriots svg, T –  Svg Fabulous

Touch- Los Angeles Rams in the NFC West 

ST LOUIS RAMS LA RAMS MEMES Different City Same Results | Football Meme on  ME.ME

NCLancer- Baltimore Ravens in the AFC North 

I Hate the Baltimore Ravens - Home | Facebook

Edited by greenemachine
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Just returned yesterday from our 2nd trip to NNY this summer...family wedding at a local golf course.  Cannot at all compare to the posh festivities hosted by BFCC but it was fine for our area!  

One round of golf at Bluff Point Golf Resort was played as the temps were only in the mid 80's.  Unfortunately my score was much higher than the temp but the company was fun and we had a enjoyable day...   

NCL still gettin 'er done with having to travel all over for family weddings but still having the time and energy to find the green. I guess it's the only fairway, after putting in all that work you deserved some play. Glad to hear from you again and all is well. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE take me home. - Imgflip

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Sounds like once again you enjoyed another trip back home to upstate NY.

It's all about the company as you stated NCL.

No golf snob here, your fellow LP only works at a semi snooty CC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our 2021 member guest is in the books. The playoff was concluded just before a strong storm came over BFCC. I've worked so hard this week that I've lost some hair and it's turning more white.  Lol

....sadly it seems that I'm headed for Greg Norman's current  hairdo! 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Sunday Funnies 

20+ Funny Dog Cartoons to Make Every Owner Chuckle | Reader's Digest

Anatomy of a Cartoon: Canine Companions –

Dog Cartoons Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 12542221.

A Charles Barsotti cartoon from 2010. #Spring #Dogs | Wall art for sale,  Cartoon dog, Cover artwork

100 Off The Leash Cartoons ideas in 2021 | cartoon dog, dog comics, dog  quotes

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/11/2021 at 9:53 AM, touch said:

It's NFL time again which means I get to put this gorgeous gal's tv show on the big screen each morning in the men's grill. 😍 

Kay Adams on Twitter: "feeling allll the love today. Thank you!… "Kay Adams Wiki, Age, Nfl Network, Husband, Bio, Married, Biography,  Instagram

I found her way back when I used to drive almost an hour each way to Middleburg Va to work and back. Her sultry voice was intoxicating over the Sirius XM Fantasy sports channel. When I found their stream it was love at first sight.  

image.png

• Like 4

Hey doc, how about telling the fellas about that super high end resort you worked at that you drove an hour to in Middleburg, Va. for. That place was fancy. Middleburg caters to the ultra rich horsey people.

And can you change your profile photo as it's wonky, we like our shirts tucked in here at the country club, and how about you make your divisional future's pick for the Greene boss. 

thank you 

Harriman's at the Salamander Resort - Picture of Harriman's Virginia  Piedmont Grill, Middleburg - Tripadvisor

Salamander Resort & Spa | Middleburg, Virginia, United States - Venue Report

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wish to apologize. It all worked out ok in the end, but I misguided NCL with my answer to the future winner divisional pick. It was indeed supposed to be pick a team from those that remained. Whoops. Y'all knew I was just trying help. I didn't read the fine print thoroughly enough. Typical blonde. 

Doc we still need your pick.

As a prior commish I got pretty tired of the repeated tardiness and the lack of answering my call that was done by some players.  I am not meaning to offend anyone, but if all you have to offer is ONE post a week with your picks, I say that is too lackluster an effort to hang in this exclusive club and maybe it's best you bow out.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

• Like 3