2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

14 hours ago, greenemachine said:

image.png.af2391833c3003704a19225009cc443f.png

New England at Atlanta Over 47

Someone call the repair company. Zoltar is broken.

Hang in There! – TotallyJamie

Edited by touch
  • Haha 4

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

Week 11's   Selections  

P48               San Fran                        Baltimore                   Miami   

P3P               San Fran                 Pgh/LAC Undr                  Miami 

Q                   New England Wx2         Indy/Buff Undr             Tampa

CH                New England Wx2

LP                 SF/Jax   Undr          GB/Minny Undr                   AZ/Seattle Undr

G1                 NE/ATL Ovr Lx2

doc               NE/ATL Undr W

__________________________________________________________________________________

STANDINGS WEEK  10           

P48            24-13 

P3P            24-15                   

NCL            22-14                      

DOC           19-15                    

Q                  19-22                     

CH              17-22-3                  

G-1             13-18-1                                      

LP                11-20-2                

Edited by touch

PSA from P3P

Last night I was lucky enough to get tickets to see a couple of bands I didn't really know.  Milky Chance and Giant Rooks (the opener).

They were both great.  Giant Rooks even got a standing O.  If they are in a town near you, I believe you would do yourself a solid if you went.

• Like 3

I thought it would this would be interesting. I combed last season's thread to find the standings from about this time in our contest last year. Remember we didn't have Prime Time x2 points as a option last season. 

Standings 

Puttinforthe8                             18-9

Chuntsman                            16-10-1

Petethreeputt                             15-11

NCLancer                               14-12-1

Qqq                                            13-14

doctoro                                      13-14

touch                                          13-14

Jerebear                                     12-15

greenmachine                            12-15

Highergr0und                             11-16

STANDINGS WEEK  10           

P48            24-13 

P3P            24-15                   

NCL            22-14                      

DOC           19-15                    

Q                  19-22                     

CH              17-22-3                  

G-1             13-18-1                                      

LP                11-20-2          

• Like 3

https://www.tntdrama.com/sports/the-match/clips/the-match-preview

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/16/2021 at 1:06 PM, Qqq123xx said:

STANDINGS WEEK  10            %                 WEEK 10              LAST 2 WKS

P48            24-13                       64.86                     2-2                            5-2

P3P            24-15                       61.54                      3-1                             7-3

NCL            22-14                       61.11                       0-4                             2-5

DOC*         20-15                       57.14                      4-0                            5-2 

Q*                21-22                       48.84                    1-3                             1-7

CH*             19-22-3                  46.34                    2-1                             2-3-1

G-1*            13-20-1                   39.39                    0-6                             ----

LP                11-20-2                  35.48                      0-2                             2-3-1

Standings Update after Thurs. game.  (*) 

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Week 11    Lines for Picks

Sunday

Detroit                                  at           Cleveland -10                45

San Fran -5 1/2                    at           Jacksonville                  46

Indy                                      at            Buffalo -7                      49 1/2

Miami -3                              at            NY Jets                         45

Washington                         at            Carolina -3                    43

Baltimore -6                        at            Chicago                         45

New Orleans                       at            Philadelphia -1 1/2         44

Houston                              at            Tennessee- 10               44 1/2

Green Bay -2 1/2                at            Minnesota                      49 1/2

Cincy -1                              at            Las Vegas                       49

Arizona -2 1/2                     at           Seattle                             50

Dallas                                  at            Kansas City -2 1/2          55 1/2

Sunday Night 

Pittsburgh                          at            LA Chargers -4 1/2           47

Monday Night 

NY Giants                           at            Tampa -11                         50 1/2 

I am not feeling it with my three under picks. I will scratch all three of them and try again. 

My Picks       second edition 

Pick ONE - #8 in purple did it for me last week so I will again put trust in Kirk Cousins and the Minnesota Vikings at home. The Packers are banged up. I get 2 1/2 with the home team?  I'll take it.

Pick TWO - Indy had a stinker against Tenn., but they rebound nicely here against Buffalo. Wentz is not a pick machine. Indy's defense will keep them in this one. They probably won't win, but the Colts are +7 and that is enough to get me the cover.

Pick THREE - Tampa comes off a bye last week and loses to the average WFT? It has to be big bounce back time this Monday Night at home for the Bucs. The Giants are no way matching scores with Brady and his key offensive teammates. Minus Eleven schlevin.  Buccs win big. I will turbo charge it with a PT as well.

touch's picks (revised)

Minnesota 

Indy

Tampa 

• Like 1

Week 11's   Selections  

P48               San Fran                        Baltimore                   Miami   

P3P               San Fran                       Pgh/LAC Undr            Miami 

Q                   New England Wx2         Indy/Buff Undr          Tampa

CH                New England Wx2

LP                 Minnesota                      Indy                           Tampa 

G1                 NE/ATL Ovr Lx2

I got news for you, this state and it's Panther fans are so excited for the return of Cam Newton to their team. I know besides greenemachine 6 people from the AVL who will be traveling the 125 mile trip to the east to see Sunday's game live. It was announced today that Cam will start the game against his former coach. I say he can't be any worse than Sam Darnold. This game will sell out and the stadium will have an electric vibe. Whether or not the self proclaimed Superman gets his mojo back and is able to assist Carolina in winning a bunch of games has yet to be seen. I do know Cam's return is great for ticket sales, and is a fairly large positive for the city of Charlotte and the entire state of North Carolina.

• Like 3

It is been some time since I told of an old flame. 

In an effort to put fourth something decent I will now get adjusted and then tipsy type.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

PSA from P3P

Last night I was lucky enough to get tickets to see a couple of bands I didn't really know.  Milky Chance and Giant Rooks (the opener).

They were both great.  Giant Rooks even got a standing O.  If they are in a town near you, I believe you would do yourself a solid if you went.

If one were to attend either a Milky C or Giant R show would the experience that you recommend involve mosh pits? 

• Like 1

Week 11 picks 

Washington +3 (Give the dog a bone Pick) +3 if correct/-3 if incorrect

Gimmie the under in the WAS/CAR game 

GO SKINS!!!!

When life won't give you anything good...make something happen and dive for the corner.

Taylor Heinicke Washington Football Team The Legend of Taylor Heinicke  T-Shirt - Burgundy

Which is always better than not doing anything and letting the good get away. 

Cam Newton defends himself for not diving on fumble

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This was the time that.........

To be continued. 

Week 11's   Selections  

Q                   New England Wx2         Indy/Buff Undr          Tampa

CH                New England Wx2        Kansas City            KC/Dal Undr 

LP                 Minnesota                      Indy                           Tampa 

G1                 NE/ATL Ovr Lx2   Dog a bone WFT                WFT/Car Undr 

NCL              San Fran                        Carolina                   NYG/Tampa Undr

Edited by touch

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

Just in case you have never seen a Coach T interview.

" We played one of the best non winning teams in the history of the league."   😆

• Haha 1

Week 11's   Selections  

NCL              San Fran                        Carolina                   NYG/Tampa Undr

The start of the 1980's had me working at the Dulles Airport Marriott (my first job in the D.C. area) and also attending Northern Virginia community college. I was going for an associates degree in Hotel, Restaurant management. I very much enjoyed my classes, especially the hands on cooking labs. The department head was a solid guy from NYC, Howard helped me. I finished all the courses. I then had to pick a school to finish my education. I considered all the best schools for Hotel, Restaurant Management in the country. Cornell, Mich State, Penn State, UNLV, and the U. of Denver. I really didn't want to return to the mid west, and the northeast was definitely out. I was fond of both the Nevada and Colorado school options. The deciding factor was the more job opportunities after graduation that Vegas offered compared to Denver.

In 1984 I packed to max my little Dodge Colt (roof rack too) and drove Interstate 70 across the country from D.C.  An avocado green 4 speed that had  max 80 hp and no A/C. The Mitsubishi made Colt kind of fought it, but I did make it up Pike's Peak crawling along in 2nd gear. The first time I saw the Colorado river I was in awe. Driving along it's banks was breathtaking. After driving through one of the most beautiful states in the country I wondered if possibly I had made a mistake and should have picked the U. of Denver. 

1984 was great time to be a college kid.

The new music / new wave was scene was very popular and the ever cool MTV was just born on cable. To me it was so welcomed as it was something really different and fresh from what the decade before was about. It was a new 80's look that featured bright colors, bold fashion statements, and large hair. If one was to be "in" back then, he or she were supposed to feature lots of hair, the bigger the better for the gals. Paul Mitchel made a billion dollars in the hair care products business because he timed it just right when the look that became very popular. 

Video dance clubs started to open up. I became a regular at the 3 that were near campus. It was a new way to dance and I had to learn it, because I only had the R&B Motown moves that I could count on in those days. LP was a dancing fool in H.S. and it just continued on in college. I now enjoyed it even more because some alcohol was involved. 🕺

This is were it began, and it continued on throughout the decade. I was endlessly told I looked like Sting. I guess this was ok as Sting was emerging as one of the 80's ultimate singer/musicians. Maybe it was a better compliment than say Howard Jones? 

Sting's band the Police were as big as it got at this point in the 80's. Often times when I was walking the Strip I would be approached by tourists really thinking I was actually the famous British singer. I might add that back when I went to UNLV it was the tale end of Mob run Vegas. There were still plenty of properties that did it in old school Vegas style. The Desert Inn (pure class), the Sands, the Dunes, and of course King Caesars. This was the best Vegas I feel. I had no idea that I would return 11 years later to open the N.Y. N.Y. Casio. During my second time as a Vegas resident I witnessed the birth of Corporate Vegas and the Mega resorts.

I did my 2 1/2 years in Vegas/ at UNLV and headed back to D.C. 

I had two that made me purr back then. Demi Moore and Sara Jessica Parker. 

I took a job as an assistant manager of a modern Italian restaurant in historic Old Town Alexandria,VA. on the banks of the Potomac river. I meet T at a club that had a dance floor somewhere in Northern Virginia. How Ms. T and I became a couple has to be the absolute definition of opposites attract. She had a master's degree in environmental engineering. T was almost Worth smart. She started with another guy her own company. She was the most sought after aerobics instructor in Northern Virginia with a 3 weeks out sign up filled for her classes. She was on Reebok's national board of aerobics. She was so strong that she considered trying out for the Gladiator's TV show. I told her I didn't know if I would stick around if she put on a red, white, and blue glittery leotard and dodged blows by steroid Stan on ABC television. T had a large thing for Sting. T also had a large thing for ripping up a dance floor. She thrived on the energy that doing so brought.  I had to make a big effort to hang with her yes, but I found enough energy to not look too lost out there.  T had us entered in many of the dance competitions at the local clubs. It took all I had to keep up with this aerobics queen. We ended up taking a bunch of silver medals. Damn ! the double Absolute splash tonic's  fueled me into snagging silver a few times.

T really loved Sting and all that he was about and what he stood for. T was the most modest girl I've had a relationship with. She was always in the spotlight after her 9 to 5 engineer life, be it in the Health Club instructing or showing her expert moves on a dance floor. It was all I could do to keep up. 

T had sort of a real life Sting as her boyfriend.

T quite possibly was my Sara Jessica Parker. 

🙂

There will be a T part II. 

This newly minted 60 year old sighs deeply after flashing back 35+ years tonight. 

Thanks P3P for the flashback. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Week 11's   Selections  

doc               NE/ATL Undr W             Pittsburgh              Carolina 

Edited by touch

The original King of Casino's in Las Vegas. 

Caesars Palace

Edited by touch

I know from being the commander of this contest that doc posts his picks lastly on Sundays. I also know that doc has hit 4 and row and I am now anxious to see his final two picks for the week.

Pressure is placed on you K.B. 

Here's to the doc.

He's always in the mix in the end.

Keep it going my D.C. brother. 

For P3P

We love Fred.

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

Sunday Funnies

Will Your Relationship go Farther if You're Similar, or Do Opposites  Attract? | Psychology Today Singapore

Funny-Comics-Will-Mcphail | Comics, Cartoonist, Funny comics

Hospitable Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

http://www.cartoonistgroup.com/properties/donnelly/art_images/cg527fd2278e7a4.jpg

long-distance relationship cartoon

• Haha 3

On 11/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, touch said:

Week 11    Lines for Picks

Sunday

Detroit                                  at           Cleveland -10                45

San Fran -5 1/2                    at           Jacksonville                  46

Indy                                      at            Buffalo -7                      49 1/2

Miami -3                              at            NY Jets                         45

Washington                         at            Carolina -3                    43

Baltimore -6                        at            Chicago                         45

New Orleans                       at            Philadelphia -1 1/2         44

Houston                              at            Tennessee- 10               44 1/2

Green Bay -2 1/2                at            Minnesota                      49 1/2

Cincy -1                              at            Las Vegas                       49

Arizona -2 1/2                     at           Seattle                             50

Dallas                                  at            Kansas City -2 1/2          55 1/2

Sunday Night 

Pittsburgh                          at            LA Chargers -4 1/2           47

Monday Night 

NY Giants                           at            Tampa -11                         50 1/2 

How in the hell KC and Dallas are not the Sunday Night prime time game?!.  Instead we get the lack luster Steelers who are hurting on defense and the Chargers!

That said I like the Steelers as dogs in this one. 
call me crazy they are coming off a tie to the lowly Lions. 
But give me the 4.5 pts and the Steelers 

I think Tampa should roll the Giants at home after that embarrassing loss to the the lowly football team. Which is why I am taking the Carolina Panthers -3 against the homecoming team of Rivera and his staff in Carolina. 
lock it in. Carolina -3 

• Like 1