Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

In the photo above I can be seen working on my memoir. 

Old Man and the Basement - Home | Facebook

• Haha 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

Week 12  Lines for Picks 

Sunday

Tenn                                    at            New England -5 1/2   44 1/2

NY Jets                               at            Houston -3                 44

Philly -3 1/2                        at             NY Giants                   46

Tampa -2 1/2                      at             Indy                             51

Atlanta -1                            at           Jacksonville                 46 1/2

Carolina -2                          at           Miami                           42 1/2

Pittsburgh                           at           Cincy -3 1/2                 45 1/2

LA Chargers -2 1/2            at            Denver                         47

Minnesota                          at            San Fran -3                 48 1/2

LA Rams                             at            Green Bay -1               48

Sunday Night

Cleveland                           at            Baltimore -4 1/2           46

Monday Night

Seattle-1                          at               Washington                 46

Week 12 Picks 

Sunday and MNF. 

Week 12 

P48        Car/Mia Ovr                     Min/SF Ovr                        LA/GB  Ovr

P3P        Pitts/Cincy Ovr                Cleveland                              Washington

Q            Houston                           Philly                                 Miami 

G1          LA Rams                           Minnesota                        New England

CH         Indy                                   Indy/TB Undr                   Minnesota  

Standings thru the Thanksgiving games 

P48           29-14

NCL           26-17

P3P            27-19

DOC           21-19

Q                 24-25

CH              22-24-3

G-1             19-21-1

LP                18-20-1

Here's something to read with your turkey sandwiches tomorrow.

Links O' Tryon Part 2 

Seeing it was 20 minutes until my tee time and nobody had shown up I got a little concerned. I went to the putting green to roll some. 20 footers and 40 footers, the Crenshaw way. The practice green is adjacent to the parking lot. I notice three cars pull in together. Two guys getting out of their cars shout "hey LP, were here." My concern turned into a smile. Mike was unexpectedly in the group and that gave me an even larger smile. As often is the case we played a fivesome. Big George, Mike, Erik, Carl, and old Spike. Mike had a new remote control trolley that he was using. Carl and George paired up and Erik and I grabbed a cart together. It's best that Erik and I ride together as we are the only Cheech and Chong golfers out there. Erik remember was the golf buddy who also had his highest score in months last week when we played Village Green together. 

Tryon

mixed tees  5976 yds. 

It was sunny with a 15 mph wind, temps in the lower 50's.

At 12:10 we hit our first urethane sphere's skyward.

Drive down the middle for LP. 8 iron in hand for the first approach shot. I comes up one yard short of the green. Nice chip to inside 2 feet. A par start it was. Big 3 wood off #2 found the 150 pole. Took 6 because it was into the wind. Baby fade to 12 feet. Just missed. Another par. The first par 5 was next. Great drive and solid 5 wood to 125. Pulled 9 and hit the middle of the green. Two putted for my third par in a row. Steady start. Fairway and green on #4. The pin was positioned on a bank in the back of the green. I hit my first putt too hard and it rolled past the cup and off the green. It took me two putts from there. Bogey number one. On hole 5 I hit my hybrid (short tricky par 4 with multiple creek crossings) off the tee to safely find the fairway. I was looking at 158 in. As I get over the ball I hear Mike say " I smell the funky stuff. " I back off and laugh and reply , "Yes indeed Mike, Erik and I just took in our first dose of the green magic! "and then fake cough loudly for a few seconds. I get back over my shot and it my 5 iron into the wind to 5 feet. I made the putt. Birdie number one and I am back to even after 6. I didn't want to get ahead of myself, but I was rather jazzed that my start to the round was solid. Seven is a 146 yard par 3. I hit a nice 7 iron to 12 feet, but failed to capitalize. Par. The Par 5 eighth saw me hit the fairway and then nail my 3 wood. I had 160 in and pulled my approach shot that landed in an unsavory spot. I had to chunk and hope a sand wedge pitch onto the green. It came out heavy. I made bogey. On the 9th tee I hit a monster over the top yank into the houses OB left and thought " What was that? This better not be the start of some unsteadiness using driver."  I retee'd it and hit a much better drive into the fairway. Again I pulled an iron coming in and missed the green. Got it up and down after making an excellent pitch, but it still was a double six. I made the turn with a 3 over 39. My heavens how many times this fall have I made the turn in a round with a 3 over? Bunches. I was one better than Mike, but trailed the others

At the turn

George 2 under

Erik 1 under

Carl even

LP 3 over

Mike 4 over 

Number 10 is a b**** and by far the hardest hole on the course. Since I just had a small unravel spell on 8 and 9 I knew I had to buckle down and not make worse than bogey here. Solid 3 wood off the tee into the landing zone. I was looking at an all water carry approach shot of 169. I, yes once again, over the top tugged one left. It was headed for the big trees left of the green. I just sunk inside. I knew that the 5 wood shot had to of careened somewhere after hitting the trees and once found it would be in jail. Missing 10 green left meant I would have a hard pan and rubble lie with no doubt some exposed tree roots to contend with. As we drove up to green I was amazed, it had bounced off the tree and was just short of the collar. A large fortuitous bounce. I thinned my pitch a wee bit from there so it scurried by the hole 8 feet. I missed the come backer . I walked off 10 with a bogey 5. I shook my head knowing that I narrowly dodged a triple 7.  Luck had struck for LP. Now taking in the fact that I had many major tugged left shots recently in this round I changed my preshot practice swings starting on the 11th  tee. I now did an emphasized downward with my right hand move from the top in an effort to train my brain to deliver the club better into the ball and cure the horrible hooking that was becoming more frequent. I hit a beauty drive on 11 but 3 jacked the green. 5 over thru 11.  On number 12 the 167 yard par three I hit 5 iron to 25 feet. I missed making the birdie putt by a smidgen. It's a long golf cart ride around a pond to the 13th tee. Erik and I take a leak in the trees and partake in more cannabis. 13 has the very narrow front to back green that has a pond and a brick wall in front. My purred drive with a slight draw would prove ideal. I had 75 yards left. That is a full sand wedge number for me but my mind immediately told me to hit my other variety of 75 yard wedge shot. Maybe it was a display of mental sharpness here by me that was enabled by the fresh ingesting of more THC back in the woods, but regardless it turned out to be the correct choice. I chose the 3/4 gap wedge. As soon as it left the club I knew it was going to be either rinsed or real good. It landed on the collar 7 feet over the watery grave and rolled on up towards the cup. Erik turns to me after I hit the shot and says, " what kind of S h l T was that? Was I just looking at 1984 Freddie Couples? My God was that some syrupy slow smooth action in that swing Mr. L. Unbelievable tempo."  I thanked my friend. I just had executed with confidence a very touchy wedge shot from the fairway over water, and it was because I selected one more club and really tried to smooth one that I was rewarded. It came to rest 3 feet underneath the hole. Drained it. Birdie number 2. Back to 4 over with 5 to play. On 14 the uphill par 5 I ticked a tree with a slight pushed drive and it dropped straight down. Smoked a 3 wood up the hill from behind the tree, then hit a laser 6 iron to the middle of the green. Two putted it for a par. Next on the hole named "Beauty" number 15 (second photo) I hit another pin seeking shot with one of my new Japanese forged birthday irons. I let out a sour bellow when I missed the six footer for bird. Four over and 3 holes remained. Longest drive of the day on 16. PW in. 20 feet. Two putt for par. On 17 I pulled once again my tee shot. From the left banked hillside rough I faced a tough shot over water with an very abnormal stance. I went through 3 clubs in my mind to use and took extra time before I hit my shot. I hit a hybrid safely to wedge in distance. I hit a gap wedge tight from there. Made a really good working man par on 17. Big exhale after that putt dropped.  4 over standing on the 18th tee (4th photo). This is the easiest par 5 on the course and I have good success on the hole. I ran to the cart an took a good luck toke off the J. Crushed the drive center cut. Smoked the 3 wood (by far one of the best all day performance's by my fairway wood ever this fall). I had 77 yards in. I grabbed the gap wedge and thought this was to be a similar shot to the one over water on 13. I wait for the other 4 to hit their approach shots. This is an on in two par 5 for Mike and George. They both hit hybrids on and Eagled. Nice showing and that length of theirs is so coveted. Back to my final shot from the fairway on 18. I had decided on the same shot from 13. But it was here that the short term memory loss associated with marijuana usage came into full effect. I hit my wedge shot and ended up  taking a full on pass at it. I had forgotten entirely the Freddie smooth 3/4 pass. I flew the green. Once the shot landed I wailed aloud a large damn it. How did I completely forget the shot I had drawn up to play under pressure on the final hole?  Hours of fresh air with great company had produced some wiriness and I was also under the power of the WEED! 😄  From behind the green with nothing to work with and faced with a downhill shot I executed a winner. A lightly tapped slightly shut down 60* bumper that would bounce twice and gently release. It ended up working out nicely. My baby chip drew compliments from the entire group. It was one of the touch shots I often practice. I made the 3 footer for par. I closed the back nine with 5 straight pars. Two birdies on the day. I shot a 4 over 76. 

Final scores

George 70

Erik       73

Carl      75

LP         76

Mike (continued his slump at Tryon) 80

No I did not finish near the top and I lost money, but today was more about could I bounce back? Tryon is the course I feel the most comfortable on yes,  and it suits my eye very well, but you still have to execute a bunch of solid shots all afternoon long to break 80. I viewed my outing last Tuesday as a pass/fail test. Would I play poorly once again or would I shrug it off and get right back on track?

As I drove back up into the mountains I was in a pleasant mood for I knew I had garnered a passing grade down in Tryon. 

We see in the 5th photo the happy face of a golfer "feeling it" with his newly minted 76 rush! It really was a solid follow up to my 88 disaster the week before.

Golf is filled with great times and can be loads of fun. Golf also dishes out frustration and can be brutally cruel. 

You'll see once you start to tee it up regularly. 

I had a blast hanging in there in decent fashion last Tuesday.

November always possesses much luck for this Scorpio and this round was a fine display of it. 

The spikes make me a 27% more aerodynamically efficient golfer P3P, and that contributes to a 1.78 mph increase in swing speed. 

Hope all of you are enjoying your extended holiday weekend.

LP 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Touch,  Fantastic write-up and congrats on a well-deserved 76!  Thanks for the pics also.  I feel like I've been to Tryon based on all the photos you've posted!  Lovin' it!!  

6 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Touch,  Fantastic write-up and congrats on a well-deserved 76!  Thanks for the pics also.  I feel like I've been to Tryon based on all the photos you've posted!  Lovin' it!!  

Many thanks NCL. 

🙂

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Question:  Have you ever singed a glove?  Not signed but singed, you know, burnt, charred, seared, etc....  

😃 NCL !

I've sent burning embers into lots of expensive golf items yes. 

• Haha 1

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'Drew Brees' hair is making a case for comeback player of the year ORIGINAI'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This newly minted sexagenarian is welcoming the 118 golfers on today's tee sheet dressed in one of the fine sweaters sent to me from Patrick Cantlay. Chef is currently down at Patrick's home for the week cooking for his numerous guests. He was also down last week in Jupiter for J.T.'s engagement party.  I'm fortunate I have remained great friends with TOUR Chef Parker. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, touch said:

This newly minted sexagenarian is welcoming the 118 golfers on today's tee sheet dressed in one of the fine sweaters sent to me from Patrick Cantlay. Chef is currently down at Patrick's home for the week cooking for his numerous guests. He was also down last week in Jupiter for J.T.'s engagement party.  I'm fortunate I have remained great friends with TOUR Chef Parker. 

1127210804a.jpg

We all see it...we all see it...

"blllluuuuuue"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NCLancer said:

We all see it...we all see it...

"blllluuuuuue"

Big win for your team last night NCL. Congrats.

13 minutes ago, touch said:

Big win for your team last night NCL. Congrats.

Thanks!  Listened to the game on SiriusXM.  It was a nice victory over a great team.  Duke's will jump to #1 in some polls (for all that means)...The ACC season will be difficult as everybody will be gunning for them (as usual).   It's a long way from March Madness!! 

• Like 2

Greenemachine please do me a favor and post the teams each of us selected as divisional winners. I need a refresh on those picks.  That was a 10 point bonus correct? 

Thanks in advance. 

I'm looking over the games on Sunday and am having a difficult time finding 3 that I have confidence in.

Commish is befuddled. This is not a good thing when I am currently on a mini hot streak. 

• Like 1

I post this cartoon of mine every year as my Thanksgiving tradition. -  Album on Imgur

• Haha 4

Picks from the last place guy. 

Carolina

LA Chargers 

Seattle 

Week 12 Picks 

Sunday and MNF. 

P48        Car/Mia Ovr                     Min/SF Ovr                        LA/GB  Ovr

P3P        Pitts/Cincy Ovr                Cleveland                              Washington

Q            Houston                           Philly                                 Miami 

G1          LA Rams                           Minnesota                        New England

CH         Indy                                   Indy/TB Undr                   Minnesota 

NCL       Atlanta                              Philadelphia                     LA Chargers

LP          Carolina                            LA Chargers                    Seattle 

Finally Got it done 💥

Edited by touch

🕺

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Captured a special photograph early this morning.

It was 22 * and the air was frozen and still. 

Taken from standing behind the 18th green.

Hole 18

Par 4

all uphill

number 10 handicap 

It plays 

440 from the tips

377 from the whites 

336 from the seniors

307 from the super seniors

and

271 from the gals 

This time of year it often plays into a cold and stiff wind directly out of the North. 

It can be a brutal test most days in the winter season. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

It's a patented thing. Our doc has to be operating with peak biorhythm's firing to make his selections. These energies come to him it seems only on Sunday mornings. Hey ya got a thing that works stay with it. Doc is a sage bastxxx and I believe he has started his accent in the standings as he often does this time of year. KB wins a lot of fantasy leagues, he is very Pro football smart. Things are getting serious now in the NFL. Games matter more on Sunday's. Watch out boys for doc.

My good friend has started anew. After caring for sick loved ones for years, and then dealing with the loss of his wife followed by both of his parents he has finally turned a page. I had a nice phone call with my good friend and roommate from over thirty years ago this week. He has taken an employment position that I feel is an ideal match for my brother. I was pretty moved after our chat. Through much of his dreary years we talked. I stressed that he had to keep the faith that much brighter days are really going to come your way. I was my elderly mothers live in caretaker for years so I know this existence.

You love and support with all your might now, but keep knowing that a fresh start will indeed be coming your way. That's what worked for me. 

Very proud of you Mr. Doc.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Week 12 Results 

P48   Car/Mia Ovr W     Min/SF Ovr W    LA/GB  Ovr W       3-0

P3P  Pitts/Cincy Ovr W    Cleveland  Lx2      Washington*  1-2 *

Q      Houston L       Philly L     Miami W                                 1-2

G1       LA Rams L    Minnesota L   New England W              1-2

CH      Indy  L      Indy/TB Undr L  Minnesota                        0-3

NCL    Atlanta W     Philadelphia L    LA Chargers L              1-2

LP     Carolina L       LA Chargers L           Seattle *              0-2 *

doc     NY Jets L        Cleveland Lx2       LA Rams L             1-3

* pick remaining in the MNF affair for myself and P3P. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

our records from Thursday

P48                Detroit W             LV/Dal Ovr  W        Buffalo W     3-0

P3P                Chicago L           Dallas L                   Buffalo W     1-2

Q                    Ch/Det OverL      Dallas  L        Buff/NO Undr W    1-2

G1                  Detroit W            Las Vegas W  Buff/NO Undr W    3-0

touch             Ch/Det Undr W     Las Vegas W     Buffalo W         3-0

CH                  Detroit W              Dallas L         New Orleans L      1-2

NCL               Ch/Det Undr W     Dallas  L        Buff/NO Ovr L       1-2

doc                Detroit W              Dallas   L        New Orleans L      1-2

Edited by touch

On 11/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, touch said:

Week 12  Lines for Picks 

Sunday

Tenn                                    at            New England -5 1/2   44 1/2

NY Jets                               at            Houston -3                 44

Philly -3 1/2                        at             NY Giants                   46

Tampa -2 1/2                      at             Indy                             51

Atlanta -1                            at           Jacksonville                 46 1/2

Carolina -2                          at           Miami                           42 1/2

Pittsburgh                           at           Cincy -3 1/2                 45 1/2

LA Chargers -2 1/2            at            Denver                         47

Minnesota                          at            San Fran -3                 48 1/2

LA Rams                             at            Green Bay -1               48

Sunday Night

Cleveland                           at            Baltimore -4 1/2           46

Monday Night

Seattle-1                          at               Washington                 46

The game I really want to pick here is the Indy/TB and New England/Tenn game. For me that is the two teams which are trending in the right direction.  My lean is to Indy getting 2.5 and New England giving the points. Give me the 3 points and the J.E.T.S Jets Jets Jets! Jets+3

Gotta believe the Rams are geared up and ready to play the hapless Aaron Rodgers and his bad toe. Taking Rams +1

Looks like I am talking the points on Sunday night and I will double up on Cleveland for my prime time special Cleveland +4.5

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

We are locked and loaded. 

Our picks for week 12 

NCL       Atlanta                              Philadelphia                     LA Chargers

LP          Carolina                            LA Chargers                    Seattle 

doc        NY Jets                            Cleveland                         LA Rams 

17 hours ago, touch said:

Finally Got it done 💥

Free Wolverine Football Cliparts, Download Free Wolverine Football Cliparts  png images, Free ClipArts on Clipart LibraryMGoBlog discusses what the ADA changes mean for Michigan Stadium

Im still depressed and in hiding over this. I don’t remember this feeling Its been so long. My kids have never experienced a loss to scUM 🤣🤣. What an absolute beat down from the opening kickoff. Congrats on the W. Had to happen sooner or later. Good football team they have this year. I’m interested to see how Harbaugh screws the next couple games up. #OH

History lesson.

P3P's affinity for barley, malt, and hops began a long time ago. Here is his grandfather (front row middle) protesting against Prohibition in 1920 something. 

May be an image of 5 people, people standing and text that says 'BEER WE WANT WEER BEER WANT BEER'

Edited by touch
  • Like 3