2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

55 minutes ago, touch said:

P48, that is one amazing photograph. I know from my experience out west that the bad storms produce that array of purple and salmon color. Though mighty pretty, those colors meant a most severe and dangerous storm would soon be experienced.

Glad you and yours only lost a tree and a few clay tiles. 

Wonder how many thrill seekers went out and hit the washes as soon as the electricity from above ceased if you also got a bunch of rain?

Some places got worse than others.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/heavy-rains-cause-flooding-in-arizona-737019971661?v=a

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/never-ever-seen-this-monsoon-flooding-ruins-globe-homes/vi-AANvApZ

• Like 3

Get us off to a good start tonight Harvard Man.

Ryan Fitzpatrick flaunting his chest hair on live TV is your sports  highlight of the night | This is the Loop | GolfDigest.com

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

P48, I've been meaning to say a few words on suffering cramps. 3 years ago after I played 27 holes one summer day I was picking up some groceries at Publix when my first bout hit me. I had never had leg cramps before. I was frozen in pain knowing not what to do on isle 6 by the sauerkraut. The pain was severe. Eventually after 20 minutes I got hopping along. Then I started getting awaken by leg cramps in my sleep after I played a round a couple of times a month. After this becoming a somewhat frequent occurrence I started taking potassium supplements. I take a 99 mg tablet with breakfast and again one with dinner. The leg cramps pretty much ceased. Now just starting this month I have experienced late in almost each round getting cramps in an entire new area. Now it's my lower left rib cage around back and the neighboring obliques. It seems to happen only when I finish a shot with the driver. It holds on tight for quite a while as I stretch and stretch to free it enough to hit the next shot. So I have a new batch of golf cramps that I am dealing with this month and it seems my added potassium intake has not helped to ward them off. I do plenty of stretching even during the round. Cramps are no fun. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, touch said:

P48, I've been meaning to say a few words on suffering cramps. 3 years ago after I played 27 holes one summer day I was picking up some groceries at Publix when my first bout hit me. I had never had leg cramps before. I was frozen in pain knowing not what to do on isle 6 by the sauerkraut. The pain was severe. Eventually after 20 minutes I got hopping along. Then I started getting awaken by leg cramps in my sleep after I played a round a couple of times a month. After this becoming a somewhat frequent occurrence I started taking potassium supplements. I take a 99 mg tablet with breakfast and again one with dinner. The leg cramps pretty much ceased. Now just starting this month I have experienced late in almost each round getting cramps in an entire new area. Now it's my lower left rib cage around back and the neighboring obliques. It seems to happen only when I finish a shot with the driver. It holds on tight for quite a while as I stretch and stretch to free it enough to hit the next shot. So I have a new batch of golf cramps that I am dealing with this month and it seems my added potassium intake has not helped to ward them off. I do plenty of stretching even during the round. Cramps are no fun. 

Stretch and water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whose making tracks in the dew at 6:30 AM? It's putting practice for me before many are awake.

Mon.  thru Wed. next week three big rounds for me.

Tryon

CCA 

Reems Creek

just trying to be ready.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Mr. P48, you were not alone in losing a tree this week sir. 

Edited by touch
  • Sad 3

57 minutes ago, touch said:

Mr. P48, you were not alone in losing a tree this week sir. 

0820211040.jpg

That seriously sucks. And on a lighter note how in the great blazers did you get rid of that tiny circle on your profile pic ??

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

32 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

That seriously sucks. And on a lighter note how in the great blazers did you get rid of that tiny circle on your profile pic ??

Jester magic. 

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, touch said:

exactly what I had - rib cage and obliques!

• Sad 2

Busy day. Wedding getting ready to start. I'm rehearing for my singing of B. Idol's Rebel Yell. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

80's commish

😁 

Oh I probably still got it. Well at least 75% of it (being liquored up mandatory) !

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

I SERIOUSLY MEAN BUSINESS THIS COMING SEASON. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!

Note made of your proclamation Q.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

Better chance his a** is playing the board game Sorry with me downstairs this coming season. You have been told!!! 

Basement, Jeff Severson | Architecture, Scene, Old basement

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, touch said:

80's commish

😁 

Oh I probably still got it. Well at least 75% of it (being liquored up mandatory) !

OK, I saw him. Quiet Riot opened. Hilarious show. He actually was OK though I will say the sneer started to not be too interesting after 15 minutes.

• Like 3

The west side of Asheville was hit hardest by trop storm Fred. Remember back to my posts of my strolling along the banks of the Pigeon river before I played one of my favorite' s Springdale golf course? Well that river went from 30 feet wide to over 150 feet wide. People are just now returning to their homes for the first time since last Tuesday. Worse than that is there are people are still unaccounted for. A hundred folks in that part of Asheville had their homes destroyed.  I'm told 5 holes on Springgdale were badly destroyed. 

Around me in south Asheville things have gotten back to normal.

Due to the fact it is to be 94 degrees down in Lindsay Land tomorrow I have cancelled my round at Tryon. I will practice locally and be ready for CCA on Tues. and Reems on Wednesday.

Hope many of you get to play today.

LP  

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, touch said:

Note made of your proclamation Q.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

Better chance his a** is playing the board game Sorry with me downstairs this coming season. You have been told!!! 

Basement, Jeff Severson | Architecture, Scene, Old basement

As you probably didn't notice I did clean the place up a bit in prep of my upcoming stay. 

• Haha 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Okay Q man I will do my best here not to rag on Scam too much. In all honesty, I think the Patriots are sleeping giants again in the AFC and just a couple seasons removed from deep playoff runs. Defense will forever be the strength of the Pats so as long as Bill and co. are manning the controls in New England. Defense not a concern. Skill positions, somewhat a concern, especially without a true number 1. (Being in a Perkins Erhardt Offense this isn't as big as it would be in another offensive system) Quarterback, a definite concern. (This all again sits on the shoulders of Mac Jones and his development) The kid from Alabama looks, so far, poised and very intelligent when in the pocket. I would like to see him though in the regular season with a little more on the line then the practice of the preseason. I think too the weapons are a little bit more in play right for your team Q, when looking at the skill positions and how they correlate with the revolving door that is the quarterback position right now. Hunter Henry, if he can stay healthy, is a solid pickup this past offseason plus the Jonnu Smith addition with his YAC contribution is also another plus for the team. The offensive line is always a concern. Not just for the Patriots but for  all 32 teams it will, or should be, if trying to move up and into playoff contention. Fortunately though Josh McDaniels runs an offense that can be suitable even for the shakiest of offensive lines with the Perkins Erhardt scheme. Even though the O-line is not the major concern, this year. New England has instilled an offense that was used during the Brady, Belichick dynasty and has been a running staple for the franchise's success ever since. 

First introduced in the 1970's by Ray Perkins and Ron Ernhardt under Coach Chuck Fairbanks. The Detroit native, Fairbanks, was the head coach in New England from 1973-1978 with 2 relatively unknown offensive assistants in Erhardt and Perkins. Branching off of the "Vertical Offense" from the 50's the P-E system looked to simplify the offense to the point that adjustments could not only be made quicker and more efficiently but also be disguised from opposing defenses. Some could say this offensive style is a rough early rendition of the famed "West Coast Offense" as both consist of short to midrange up tempo exploitations of defenses. The P-E offense's foundation is that of language. No, not Spanish, French or Italian but instead that of audible calls allowing the offense to be multifunctional and really no need for a traditional #1 wideout,  or a "bell cow" RB1. The multiplicity allowed for expanded flexibility giving nightmare matchups for the defense to quickly dissect. Gronk, Edelman, Moss, Welker are just some of the more common names that have largely benefitted from this style of offense. 2008 had the Patriots line up four wideouts and throw the ball 15-20 yards downfield at a time starting a tradition of playing the Super Bowl for years to come. Push ahead a couple years to the 2012 and New England was riding high with a 2 TE set in Gronk and Aaron Hernandez in another Super Bowl appearance. (Yup that was the Giants again with another W against the Pats)  Hit fast forward once more to the year 2017 and the Patriots found themselves yet again in another Super Bowl. The now infamous 28-3 game against the Atlanta Falcons which featured a 3 HB set in James White, Dion Lewis and Mike Gillislee. It really didn't matter what personnel was brought out onto the field 4 WR, 2 TE, or even 3 HB the offense clicked. Yes, yes I hear you New Englanders already. But Brady, Brady was the engine that made that machine run. Yes and No. He was the not the engine that made the machine work, that was was Belichick. Brady was the gasoline that made the machine run. The beauty of the P-E offense was that it gave the flexibility of playing multiply and diverse offensive personnel all while in the same scheme. In layman's terms the wideout role could be played by a tight end or a half back and vice versa. The quarterback then just had to read the defense with pre-snap reads and adjust accordingly. The defense not knowing who then would run what route was automictically behind the 8 ball even before the ball was snapped. Protection was the same. If the play call involved a 70 that meant a five step drop back, letting the offensive line how much time they needed to give the QB to make his reads. Many of times looking back at the tape Brady can be heard yelling out "Linda" or "Rita" signifying a change in protection based on the position/s of the "Mike" and/or the "Will" linebackers. Quick. Easy. Simple. So then how did this work so fluidity? After all wideouts, halfbacks and tight ends each posses varying and different roles for the football team , right? Memorization. Memorization is key. Not with route running per say but with audible cues that then will designate the players assignment. ("Do your job" now makes a lot more sense) 

To put a bow on it Q man there is a reason I rag on these "duel threat" running backs. (Scam Newton being one) If you don't know how to read the defense properly then how can you make audibles to counter? Instead these kids use their legs, never looking downfield for an open receiver. Instead they run to make the first down or highlight play rather than using their arm or brain to secure a first down. What happens when that athleticism disappears because of injury or age? Then what? Well your offense will forever be in the wildcat and we all know what happens when defense knows what's coming. They stack the box and will make great use of your punter. The system is proven to work. The defense is proven to work. The coaching has proven it works. The only question left is who is the QB that will make this team run? My money is on Mac Jones, but he as yet to see a regular season game against some top notch NFL defenses. Some say Cam has resurged and looks like the QB that led the Panthers to a 15-1 NFC South Title and an appearance in the Super Bowl 50. I don't know but either way the pieces are there, weapons and all it's just a matter of can the QB speak the language that is the Perkins Erhardt Offense. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 4

Looking a little rough there this Monday Q.

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2