2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

If that is today's thing then here are a few visual manners of my pick in tonight's game.

Mardi Gras "Spice Girls". : r/pics

Pin on ~ The Pages of my Passport ~

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

College Picks   1st week of December  

LP                       Alabama                   Baylor 

P3P                    Alabama                    Iowa 

Q                        Georgia                      Michigan  

NCL                   Ala/Ga Undr               Cincinnati  

Edited by touch

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

Alrighty then. Crunched the numbers and consulted with the walls and my NFL picks are as follows.

PATRIOTS      +3         This will be tough but since I picked the Wright Bros twice.....Pats kick to many FG's and 3pts is a bit light on the spread I believe. Still going with them though. 

MINN             -7    They are fighting for playoff position and Detroit down to their hubcaps. 

K.C.                 -10 (X2)   Although I am a member of the mile high club, extra sauce works this time. 

Above fixed. Minn. is not a PT Game. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Week 13       

Lines for Picks

Thursday Night

Dallas -4 1/2                 at                  New Orleans                                    47

Sunday

Minnesota -7               at                   Detroit                                              47

Arizona -7 1/2              at                   Chicago                                           45 1/2

Tampa -11                    at                   Atlanta                                             50 1/2

Indy -8 1/2                   at                   Houston                                           46

Philly -6 1/2                 at                   NY Jets                                             45

LA Chargers                at                   Cincy -3                                            50 1/2

NY Giants                    at                   Miami -2 1/2                                      42

Washington                 at                   Las Vegas -2 1/2                               49

Baltimore -3                at                   Pittsburgh                                          44

Jacksonville                at                   LA Rams -13                                      48

San Fran -3                at                   Seattle -3                                            46 1/2

Sunday Night 

Denver                        at                   Kansas City  -10                                48                                 

Monday Night

New England            at                     Buffalo -3                                           44 

Edited by touch

NFL   Picks       

Week 13

Montana              Miami               Minnesota           Pgh/Balt Ovr

Our Leader          Arizona            Minnesota           KC/Den   Ovr 

commish             New Orleans

Standings guy    N. England       Minnesota            Kansas City 

Edited by touch

33 minutes ago, touch said:

Down to their hubcaps....love it.

Was it a one time boff up in the clouds? How many times exactly have you enjoyed ecstasy at 30000 feet Q? 😄 You know stewardess's are worth double points. 😉

So I am assuming you are pairing and squaring the Vikes and Chiefs then? , because the Minnesota game is not in prime time.

That would be 2x pts and 3x    = 6.   I was a lot younger then. British Airways. Hardly anyone on flight. Had a whole section to myself and Ms. English Rose. 

• Like 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

16 minutes ago, touch said:

If that is today's thing then here are a few visual manners of my pick in tonight's game.

Stripping off inhibitions in the 'free market' of Mardi Gras | PBS NewsHourMardi Gras "Spice Girls". : r/pics

Pin on ~ The Pages of my Passport ~

Slap Ya Mama is good stuff. 

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

FYI  When I did the lines on Tuesday there was not one for the Chiefs game. I have since added the current line in that game. There might be a list of lines a few pages back that does not have a line for the Sunday Night game. Be alert. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

That would be 2x pts and 3x    = 6.   I was a lot younger then. British Airways. Hardly anyone on flight. Had a whole section to myself and Ms. English Rose. 

Just another newsy nugget that reinforces the fact that Q is legendary with the ladies. 💃

Mile-High Club | POPSUGAR Love & Sex

• Haha 4

Just now, touch said:

Just another newsy nugget that reinforces the fact that Q is legendary with the ladies. 💃

Mile-High Club | POPSUGAR Love & Sex

I love me some pints. 

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

So after being down with the flu since Monday night I have spent the last couple of days primarily in the bed or bathroom when I wasn't clucking away here on our thread. It was a pretty rough struggle. I needed some fresh air bad. It hit 71* degrees here today and tomorrow it is expected to break the record high for the date of 73*. I still feel a little weak so instead of grabbing the clubs and hitting the range I just took my putter out for some practice. What a pleasant surprise it was to see my coach Hutch pull in the parking lot at the same time I was arriving. My word I bet it has been six weeks since I have seen my friend. He has been quite busy as he is a local high school's basketball coach. Hutch said he hadn't swung a club in three weeks. I practiced putting for an hour and then went over to the range to hang with my instructor. I ended up hitting a small bucket with his clubs. Some how I got many balls properly airborne even though I was swinging 1 1/2 inch over stiff steel shafted Mizuno's with oversized grips. They were probably D4 or 5 😃  I hit his 3 wood a few times as well. I got tired after about 50 balls. Hutch says to me, LP you still have it, you are on plane and dropping the club in the slot like we were working on the last few times we saw each other. That made me feel good, but I told him I often can do it on the range my friend. It's just taking it to the course and doing it consistently in play is a whole different matter. I laughed and then told coach that my last round saw my fewest number of greens hit all year long with 3 !  I got the fresh air that I needed, got to hit some golf shots, practiced putting, and spent a few hours with my good friend.

Hutch told me he and Jamal were headed to Charlotte tomorrow to play Saturday at Quail Hollow in Harold Varner lll's  Foundation's tournament. Hutch also told me Jamal was one of the speakers at tomorrow nights banquet. I am proud of that kid. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

“As I told Coach, whoever took you out, Jon, that was a paid assassin,” Musburger told J.T. The Brick of the Las Vegas Sports Network. “That was one of the best hit jobs that I’ve ever been around. They didn’t go to their media goombahs. They didn’t leak this to Adam Schefter or one of those guys that breaks stories. They first went to the Wall Street Journal. And when Gruden was still coaching after that, then they dumped the rest of it on the New York Times. That was a professional hit job.”

Musburger believes the “hit” might’ve come from outside the league office.

“There was a second lawsuit involved, OK?” Musburger said. “Between the owner, [Daniel] Snyder of Washington, and a former General Manager. And that means that a lot of outside people had access to those emails that they were going through. So I think the hardest part for Gruden’s lawyers to prove is that somebody from the National Football League actually leaked that. Because if it is somebody from the NFL, shame on them. Because Mark Davis should have been told in the summer, when he had something to do about it.”

Last month, Gruden alleged in a lawsuit that the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell sought to destroy his career and reputation through a malicious and orchestrated campaign.

His emails were uncovered as part of a league investigation into workplace misconduct at the Washington Football Team.

The suit claims the NFL’s actions have led to Gruden suffering from “severe financial damages and harm to his career and reputation.”

Edited by touch

• Like 3

College Picks   1st week of December  

LP                       Alabama                   Baylor 

P3P                    Alabama                    Iowa 

Q                        Georgia                      Michigan  

NCL                   Ala/Ga Undr               Cincinnati  

3 hours ago, touch said:

FYI  When I did the lines on Tuesday there was not one for the Chiefs game. I have since added the current line in that game. There might be a list of lines a few pages back that does not have a line for the Sunday Night game. Be alert. 

There are two totals listed on the last line posted for the KC Denver game 48 and Sunday Night at 52

• Thanks 1

Watching all of last weeks game and now watching tonight. Elliott is a shadow of his former self. Astonishing how fast a player, especially a RB, can fall off in this league. Look at Todd Gurley. From offensive player of the year in 2017, rushing TD leader in ‘17 and ‘18, to out of the league. 

#kneeswerentmadeforfootball 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, touch said:

I can’t believe a class individual like AB would do such a thing. 🙃 🙄 
And Aaron Rodgers wasn’t suspended because the league and team knew he wasn’t vaccinated. Yet they both allowed him to continually violate the leagues protocols for unvaccinated players… Hmmmm 🤔 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/02/aaron-rodgers-wasnt-suspended-because-he-didnt-lie-to-the-league/amp/

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, doctoro said:

There are two totals listed on the last line posted for the KC Denver game 48 and Sunday Night at 52

Thank you doc. It should be 48. I will adjust. That damn game's line has give me fits all week. Maybe it's a sign I should  make a pick in the game?   lol 

Just now, touch said:

Thank you doc. It should be 48. I will adjust. That damn game's line has give me fits all week. Maybe it's a sign I should  make a pick in the game?   lol 

Week 13       

Lines for Picks

Thursday Night

Dallas -4 1/2                 at                  New Orleans                                    47

Sunday

Minnesota -7               at                   Detroit                                              47

Arizona -7 1/2              at                   Chicago                                           45 1/2

Tampa -11                    at                   Atlanta                                             50 1/2

Indy -8 1/2                   at                   Houston                                           46

Philly -6 1/2                 at                   NY Jets                                             45

LA Chargers                at                   Cincy -3                                            50 1/2

NY Giants                    at                   Miami -2 1/2                                      42

Washington                 at                   Las Vegas -2 1/2                               49

Baltimore -3                at                   Pittsburgh                                          44

Jacksonville                at                   LA Rams -13                                      48

San Fran -3                at                   Seattle -3                                            46 1/2

Sunday Night 

Denver                        at                   Kansas City  -10                                48                                 

Monday Night

New England            at                     Buffalo -3                                           44 

Q, please put me down for a pair of L's for last nights Saints loss. The team I picked to win their division in our future's play at the beginning of the year is no longer the Jameis Winston lead,Alvin Kamara fueled powerhouse I had them being. When the headline reads..........

"  Taysom Hill throws four INTs, including pick-six, in loss to Cowboys  "

then you are more like the Saints of old.  🙁

What's in a nickname? NFL has had great ones in its history | WLUK

• Sad 2

Updated Records after THNF *

P48         32-14

P3P         30-21

NCL         27-19

DOC        22-22

Q             25-27

G-1          20-25-1

CH           22-27-3

LP            18-26-1 *

• Thanks 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

12 hours ago, touch said:

Q, please put me down for a pair of L's for last nights Saints loss. The team I picked to win their division in our future's play at the beginning of the year is no longer the Jameis Winston lead,Alvin Kamara fueled powerhouse I had them being. When the headline reads..........

"  Taysom Hill throws four INTs, including pick-six, in loss to Cowboys  "

then you are more like the Saints of old.  🙁

What's in a nickname? NFL has had great ones in its history | WLUK

Saints to Drew Brees..Miss U Come Back GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Round 3 at Cabo Real.  It is a Robert Trent Jones II designed course. But I need to read more on that because I think it was a 9 hole course to start and then 9 more added.  The two 9s are as different as Commishes swing is from mine!🤣🤣 Like day vs the vast darkness of space!  

The front 9 is essentially a resort course with huge fairways and rather simple greens.  I finished the front -1 and my buddy finished even.  

The back 9 starts with a rather easy par 5 but is visually way different that any hole on the front.  Where it takes a turn is on 11.  From that point the course is simply brutal (I forgot to mention we played from the tips because it said 6800).  The starter should provide some sort of guidance on the course difficulty.  Both nines are listed as the same distance, but since the back goes back through the mountains, it plays a good 400 yards longer! The carries are tougher and the greens are unforgiving.  

So after that who building front, we were brought to our knees and reality! I was 12 over and my buddy 13 over for the back.  

I think the course would have been much more enjoyable if we moved up 2 tee boxes on the back.  Overall it probably would have played like a 6600 yard course.

In terms of conditions, it was not the best and really poor value for the price.  The facilities are old, lacking and just beat down.  I would say that 75% of the range balls I hit had almost no dimples!  I doubt I would play it again.  But there were some great views on some of the holes.

4447C743-4448-4BEE-B2D6-7B838843E601.jpeg

3122033A-6327-4696-A4B2-96298B848DED.jpeg

2362468B-C2AF-464C-B452-92CCF53B0475.jpeg

CF159BF6-7E9B-4A74-B74E-FBFFAEF5A1D2.jpeg

F3F796EE-7ABF-4DF2-8478-D667E0DC6CC4.jpeg

D73CC29C-D7A3-4D75-8364-846DBDADFB8E.jpeg

2904F668-11DC-4FC4-8279-51FAAFDE9AB0.jpeg

Gorgeous views indeed on that course. I can imagine you finished 18 thinking it would have been nice to be told of the tale of two nines. Loved the " as different as commish and my swings" comment. Our swings truly are diverse. I might add as different as commish's and P48's scores on the card as well. 🙂 Heck if that mean back nine bit your talented player butt for a 12 over I would have been 18,19, or 20. Thanks again for sharing another recap including more fantastic photos. After the round did you have jumbo shrimp cocktails and fresh tortilla chips on the patio with margaritas? Silver or Anejo Don Julio? 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

I would like to formally thank P3P.

Many months ago Pete put forth the idea that possibly we around here could talk about our experiences playing golf. Pete went forward and lead off with a story from a course up in Big Sky country. His suggestion was welcomed by many of us and it began to take hold. Recaps, stories, and photo's now often grace the pages of our thread. These personal tales I feel genuinely enhance this place. 

thank you P3P.

Cheers ! 

48,593 Beer Toast Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1