2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2021 Solheim Cup

KBong

8 minutes ago, Kaysquare said:

I think Leona might have wanted to right that ship at the Solheim.

People may not want to acknowledge it, but these are facts:

Leona won Solheim matches; it comes with many positive publicities and national pride; while Nelly won Meijer Classic and its substantial prize money, Rolex and CME ranking points.

Leona will be 27 this year and Nelly is 23.

10 hours ago, mallrat said:

I suspect it’s either BS or made up. First of all if it was said among the team, how did it get it? Was it a teammate, that’s a big no-no. If a caddie, would they be willing to jeopardize their steady paycheck?

Also nothing about Jennifer strikes me as someone who is going to talk smack or spew personal insults. 

Like most of this kind of stuff, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. There might have been something said but highly doubtful it was anything like Leona implied. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Remember, in Melbourne I have been in covid lockdown for 200+ days over the last 18 months, so easy to roll 100+ putts every day. In truth though I had been doing that for some time pre-covid.

If you're in lockdown where do you go to practice putt?

Sept 13 we are rolling out the BC vaccine card/passport....I just downloaded mine last night.

10 hours ago, munichop said:

My take on Lexi is she is the least confident putter for being such a talent tee to green that I have seen. She seems to have no natural instinct for putting and relies on her caddie for a lot.  Most good putters have a sense of speed in their putts. She does not. If Altomare could putt for her she would have 20 wins by now.

I looked at Altomare's putting stats...they are ok not great....if they were to call any pro on the LPGA tour...."Putting Jesus"...it should be Inbee or Lydia....they are at the top of the putting stats.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KBong said:

I looked at Altomare's putting stats...they are ok not great....if they were to call any pro on the LPGA tour...."Putting Jesus"...it should be Inbee or Lydia....they are at the top of the putting stats.

One of those cases where perception/reputation is not supported by actual facts?

Edited by Bad9

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

NBA, NHL, NFL and very many others ... PGA and LPGA are just for golfers, who play just for themselves, not for their teams

and that is the problem of Solheim or Ryder Cup teams of USA (too many tigers, phils, lexis, jordans,nellies, ....and  me

Europeans job is much more easier, when the Americans are jumping, laughing, or making something fake funny, hahaa, plaa plaa .. the Americans golfers think the big noise make the team spirit  .. sometimes it works, sometimes not .. Europens have time to concentrate on their job, to play golf

European target is always very simple and cristal creal "Beat Big Mouthed Americans" .. and it works very often

Ryder Cup avg pts

Tiger Woods 0,39
Phil Mickelson 0,46
Dustin Johnson 0,44

Ian James Poulter 0,68
Sergio García 0,61
Henrik Stenson 0,58

Solheim (and Ryder) Cups are the most over analyzed sports events.

Well, that's prob not true, but "it's an exhibition, folks."

It's like trying to bash you baby brother's head in at a board game.   It's fun.  It's entertaining. 

But it's just an exhibition.

PS, I want Lizette's USA golf bag, autographed of course.

8 hours ago, KBong said:

If you're in lockdown where do you go to practice putt?

Sept 13 we are rolling out the BC vaccine card/passport....I just downloaded mine last night.

My house – I have a lovely medium paced carpet. I even have areas where I have some borrow, heaven knows what that says about the foundations of my house.🤣 Necessity is the mother of invention, gotta keep practicing.

I have a mirror set-up so I can check my ball position and stroke. Take videos. Practice a pre-putt routine.

All I am doing is grooving a repetitive, mechanical stroke on 15 foot and under putts, you can do that almost anywhere.

When not in lockdown I have a nice local range with a fast practice green, spend a fair bit of time there. Usually practice putt at the course after a round, too.

I have drills and games that make it a little more interesting, otherwise it is boring. I’m no putting guru, just put in a structured effort and it works for me.

Also considering learning Aimpoint for further improvement.

• Like 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

I feel the event is way over-blown not to mention some of the best women golfers in the world don't even get to play.

• Like 1

Driver:  Ping G430 LST 9.5*

3 Wood: TM Stealth2 16.5*;  7 Wood: TM Stealth2 21*

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4 - P

SW:  Titleist SM9 F 50* and S 56*

Putter:  TM Spider TourZ

5 hours ago, Lobby said:

Solheim (and Ryder) Cups are the most over analyzed sports events.

Well, that's prob not true, but "it's an exhibition, folks."

It's like trying to bash you baby brother's head in at a board game.   It's fun.  It's entertaining. 

But it's just an exhibition.

PS, I want Lizette's USA golf bag, autographed of course.

I've never understood why people act like it is so important to win.  Sure, you compete you'd rather win than lose, but at the end of the day, neither "country" is going to be affected one way or another by the result, and the players will go back to playing golf.  Mickelson and Woods seemed to do just fine despite getting shellacked as a team.  

Not to mention the whole "Captain Stricker"(or whomever is captain) thing.  This isn't the military.  He makes decisions, but this isn't a case of salute the rank.  He is Steve Stricker, Captain of the US team.  No need to refer to him as though he holds military rank.  

And then the amount of money the PGAoA wastes on this thing....

• Like 1

to my mind maybe the biggest problen in the American golf is; the players don't respect their captains not at all. The American society actually requires you to be self-centered, it can be seen very well in Solheim and Ryder Cups, only few players really can play for their team and their captain.

I have only one American player on my list whom i like to see in European Team, always very polite, respect the other players, and in the last two Solheim Cups the best American player in my papers, and her name is 

Brittany Altomare

and this is the worst thing what you can do to your team and your captain

Ladies and Gentlemen. can I introduce the vice captain of Team USA in Ryder Cup 2021

Phil Mickelson slams US Ryder Cup captain Watson's strategy - Daily Mail - YouTube

You can even guess how much I miss Arnold Palmer, The Gentleman

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maucca said:

and this is the worst thing what you can do to your team and your captain

Ladies and Gentlemen. can I introduce the vice captain of Team USA in Ryder Cup 2021

Phil Mickelson slams US Ryder Cup captain Watson's strategy - Daily Mail - YouTube

You can even guess how much I miss Arnold Palmer, The Gentleman

LUV FIGJAM🤣....I've never liked T. Watson....I'm happy Lefty threw Watson UNDER the BUS.

People either LUV FIGJAM or they LOATHE him...there's no grey area.😂

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by KBong

13 hours ago, golfortennis said:

And then the amount of money the PGAoA wastes on this thing....

I guess the PGA of America and PGA Europe will share hundred (s) of millions of dollars of Ryder Cup profits. For ticket sales, merchandise sales, television ratings/rights the Ryder Cup is golf's single biggest money maker.

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

3 hours ago, Fairway14 said:

I guess the PGA of America and PGA Europe will share hundred (s) of millions of dollars of Ryder Cup profits. For ticket sales, merchandise sales, television ratings/rights the Ryder Cup is golf's single biggest money maker.

Go read up on Jackie Burke's take on things.  The PGAoA does not net nearly as much as you might think, because they spend so much of it on the event.  A team sommelier?  For pete's sake, the wives figure they have a fall wardrobe all taken care of from the outfits they get.  Have you ever seen how many people gather around after a match is completed?  I can guarantee you not one of those people picked up their own tab.

18 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

My house – I have a lovely medium paced carpet. I even have areas where I have some borrow, heaven knows what that says about the foundations of my house.🤣 Necessity is the mother of invention, gotta keep practicing.

I have a mirror set-up so I can check my ball position and stroke. Take videos. Practice a pre-putt routine.

All I am doing is grooving a repetitive, mechanical stroke on 15 foot and under putts, you can do that almost anywhere.

When not in lockdown I have a nice local range with a fast practice green, spend a fair bit of time there. Usually practice putt at the course after a round, too.

I have drills and games that make it a little more interesting, otherwise it is boring. I’m no putting guru, just put in a structured effort and it works for me.

Also considering learning Aimpoint for further improvement.

Is it just Melbourne or is it all of Oz under a STRICT lockdown?

Is the Delta variant out of control there?

It must be so frustrating....200+ w/o golfing WTH.

Again...we have never had golf courses mandated to close in BC.

In Apr 2020...many courses voluntarily closed for approx a month...only 5 remained open....I did still play once or twice a week even in Apr....though it was really tough to get a tee time.

I remember in those days...that I wouldn't even pick up a lost ball if I saw one or used a broken tee on a par 3....I have a mental block of using only broken tees on par 3's...I will use a full tee if I can't find a broken tee.

30 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

Go read up on Jackie Burke's take on things.  The PGAoA does not net nearly as much as you might think, because they spend so much of it on the event.  A team sommelier?  For pete's sake, the wives figure they have a fall wardrobe all taken care of from the outfits they get.  Have you ever seen how many people gather around after a match is completed?  I can guarantee you not one of those people picked up their own tab.

I expect that the PGA of America and PGA Europe will share $50 million (or more) from the 2021 Ryder Cup . Team (s) travel, wardrobes, lodging, wining and dining etc... could be a tab of a few million dollars, but that is irrelevant to the revenue the Ryder Cup generates from ticket sales, merchandise sales, television rights sales etc... A few years ago in Paris, France the Ryder Cup generated $100 million revenues. If the upcoming Ryder Cup produces $100 million revenues PGA of America and PGA Europe will likely share $50 to $70 million of profits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KBong said:

Is it just Melbourne or is it all of Oz under a STRICT lockdown?

Is the Delta variant out of control there?

It must be so frustrating....200+ w/o golfing WTH.

Again...we have never had golf courses mandated to close in BC.

In Apr 2020...many courses voluntarily closed for approx a month...only 5 remained open....I did still play once or twice a week even in Apr....though it was really tough to get a tee time.

I remember in those days...that I wouldn't even pick up a lost ball if I saw one or used a broken tee on a par 3....I have a mental block of using only broken tees on par 3's...I will use a full tee if I can't find a broken tee.

I'll keep my response relatively brief as this isn't the forum for it, plus it is just depressing.

Each Australian state makes it's own decisions re lockdowns and land border closures, our federal gov't has no power over that. So each state has its own method of dealing with covid. Most states have deployed an elimination strategy, possible because the federal gov't has closed our international border. Some states have closed borders and imposed lockdowns on the back of ONE case (not death).

Victoria (Melbourne) and NSW (Sydney) have been in lockdowns for the last couple of months. This is Melbourne's 6th lockdown: incl curfew, can't leave the house except for food, medical etc and then only within 5klm, one or two hours of outside exercise (walking) allowed. Reputedly, Melbourne has had the longest and harshest total lockdown days in the world (we're up to 220 days currently, and the current lockdown will continue till the year end).

Sydney has allowed golf to continue, Melbourne not.

1066 deaths Australia wide so far, Melbourne and Sydney are dealing with 1500 - 2000 cases combined daily with 5 or so deaths. So compared to most of the world, our cases and deaths are small, but our methods are tough.

Broad plan is to exit lockdowns when we get to 70% to 80% of the pop double vaxed, we are currently at 40%. Each state will make its own decision, NSW will open up before Victoria. NSW has a more libertarian centre-right gov't, Victoria a more dictatorial centre-left gov't.

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Like 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

On 9/8/2021 at 2:00 PM, mallrat said:

I suspect it’s either BS or made up. First of all if it was said among the team, how did it get it? Was it a teammate, that’s a big no-no. If a caddie, would they be willing to jeopardize their steady paycheck?

Also nothing about Jennifer strikes me as someone who is going to talk smack or spew personal insults. 

I'll just leave this here.....https://www.golfwrx.com/660105/justin-roses-caddie-calls-into-question-u-s-players-graciousness-at-solheim-cup/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Trending&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

What am I missing? She just got crushed and was probably pretty mad. Is she supposed to jump up and down and cheer for her? How are you seeing her say something personal and derogatory the day before from that? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mallrat said:

What am I missing? 

Rose's caddie trying to get attention for himself.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mallrat said:

What am I missing? She just got crushed and was probably pretty mad. Is she supposed to jump up and down and cheer for her? How are you seeing her say something personal and derogatory the day before from that? 

Yes you are missing it - her reaction was rude, even turned her head away. I view it as poor, as do others.

You can draw whatever conclusion you wish.

• Like 1

She could have handled herself better, you are right. 

BUT, that means she said something personal and derogatory about her before the match? That’s a heck of a reach. Everything about Kupcho so far has shown to be an excellent young lady. You can jump to conclusions if you want.  It even you said, that was in defeat, NOT prematch. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fairway14 said:

I expect that the PGA of America and PGA Europe will share $50 million (or more) from the 2021 Ryder Cup . Team (s) travel, wardrobes, lodging, wining and dining etc... could be a tab of a few million dollars, but that is irrelevant to the revenue the Ryder Cup generates from ticket sales, merchandise sales, television rights sales etc... A few years ago in Paris, France the Ryder Cup generated $100 million revenues. If the upcoming Ryder Cup produces $100 million revenues PGA of America and PGA Europe will likely share $50 to $70 million of profits.

Thanks for the info

35 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Yes you are missing it - her reaction was rude, even turned her head away. I view it as poor, as do others.

You can draw whatever conclusion you wish.

SNaP V2

Kupcho and Fassi were the most talked about pros to join the LPGA in 2019.

Although Kupcho has demonstrated that she's a far superior player than Fassi....it's no surprise why Fassi is better sponsored than Kupcho.

Fassi's reaction when she LOST the 2019 ANWA (one of the most heralded 2019 women's event)...hmmm....no quick walk away or head turned away...just sayin.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mallrat said:

She could have handled herself better, you are right. 

BUT, that means she said something personal and derogatory about her before the match? That’s a heck of a reach. Everything about Kupcho so far has shown to be an excellent young lady. You can jump to conclusions if you want.  It even you said, that was in defeat, NOT prematch. 

Fair enough. I do realise that I am joining not a complete set of dots to reach my conclusion.

I’d prefer that your perspective was more accurate than mine, maybe more info will surface over time.

For me its all part of the drama of this type of event.