APPLY NOW: TaylorMade MG3 Wedge Fitting Experience! At The Kingdom!

1. Handicap? 5.7

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right

3. Current wedges and setup? Titleist SM7 50 F Grind, 54 F GRIND, 58 S Grind

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Battled the wedge ‘yips’ for years and have never been fitted for a wedge. My wedge play, 60 yards and in, can cost me 3-6 strokes a round. Found myself avoiding driver (strength of my game) on short 4’s to avoid short wedges. A proper fitting and some work could help me find the confidence I had when playing to a 1.2 cap. 

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1. Handicap? 6.8

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right

3. Current wedges and setup? TaylorMade HiToe 52.09, 56.10, 60.10, 1/2" long 2* Flat

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? My current wedges are getting worn out so I'm looking to upgrade and these have caught my eye for there good looks.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?. Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1.) Handicap: 

+4

2.) Right hand, left hand:

Right 

3.) Current wedges and setup:

Titleist 50 degree SM8 F grind - Steelfiber i110S

Titleist 54 degree SM8 S grind - Steelfiber i110S 

Titleist 58 degree Grind Works T grind - DG S400 

4.) Why do you want to be fit for Taylormade MG3 Wedges: 

Ive never been fit for wedges and absolutely love the look of these - professionally fit would give me an upper hand in tournaments 

5.) Are you available for the dates listed?

Yes 

6.) Will you provide you own transportation to the location provided?

Yes

7.) Are you willing to post high quality photos to share your experience and possibly be featured on wrx or

taylormade’s social media posts?

Absolutely! 

1. Handicap? 15

2. Right or left hand golfer?  Right

3. Current wedges and setup?  Cleveland RTX 588 (original) 50.8, Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54.10 and 58.8

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  I'm intrigued by the new TM lineup and they look excellent. I have always played older generation wedges (as evidenced by my set-up) and would like to create consistency within my setup and get the right fit. I'd like to be fit for wedges and determine whether the gapping/3-wedges is right for me.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?  Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Yes

Edited by jwortsman
clarification

1. Handicap? 10.3

3. Current wedges and setup? 52,56,60 MG2

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Cause the MG2 rock and these will be in my bag if I win or lose. TM wedges work for me. 

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?  Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Heck YES!!!!  but i want to be addressed by my golf name..... TACO!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by monty09

1. Handicap? 15

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right hand

3. Current wedges and setup? Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 56* & 62*

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I am curious to see how these compare to my RTX 4's and have been intrigued by the milled grind.  I have been thinking about trying them out and making the switch this winter.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1. Handicap? 6

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right

3. Current wedges and setup? Taylormade milled grind 50-54-58 (stock setup)

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I have never been able to be fit for wedges and these MG3’s look toooo nice to not be fit for. I have used the TM original MG wedges since they released and would love to upgrade. 

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Absolutely 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes. 

TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Experience! Wedge fittings 

1. Handicap? 1.6

3. Current wedges and setup? Vokey 52 and 58

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I’ve never been fit for wedges and always bought them off the rack. Would be nice to be educated on different grinds/bounces/etc as far as how they might benefit my game.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

On 8/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, J13 said:

+1

Right

Callaway MD5 50.10S*, 54.10S* and MD4 60.8C*  (all with Mitsu MMT 125TX)

Never been fit for wedges and hardly anywhere offers it so it would be great to know if I'm playing whats best for my game.

Yes

I'll need a private jet to be paid for by either Golfwrx (Richard pony up) or TM

Yes to Photo's including action shots of me hitting flop shots in slo mo.

If you can stop and pick me up in Chicago, I'm in.

• Haha 1

1. Handicap? 3

3. Current wedges and setup? Scratch 1018 50*, Scratch 8620 60*, Scratch 1018 55*, Scratch 8620 53*, Scratch 1018 64*. Will use any of the 3 wedges depending on the course I am playing and conditions. All wedges have low bounce. My 55* and 64* are Don White grinds. 

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? First of all they don't make Scratch golf clubs anymore. I've never been fitted for clubs in my life so this experience would be an incredible opportunity for me. My wedge/short game is the most important part of my game, and to get fitted for wedges would take my game to another level. My goal is to get back down to a scratch golfer as I used to be in college. I also volunteer to coach high school golf in the city I live in. I can pass on the information I learn to my players so they can improve their game and equipment. We have an all minority golf team and my kids love to play and compete. Any equipment edge/knowledge I could pass to them would help.

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes absolutely! I am willing to video record the session and post it if needed. What every GolfWRX or TaylorMade needs. Choose me and you will have a detailed in depth review with as much content as you need!

1. Handicap? 8.2

3. Current wedges and setup?  T100S 48* GW, Callaway MD4 54/58*

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  Need a gapping adjustment and current wedges have taken a beating through the years... also - The Kingdom.

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Yes

TaylorMade SIM Max D 9.0*
Titleist TS2 3 Wood 15*

TaylorMade M3 5 Wood 19*
Titleist TS2 23* (4 Hybrid)
Titleist T100S 5-GW 
Callaway Mack Daddy 54*

Callaway Mack Daddy 58*

SIK Sho C-Series w/ Slant Neck or Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 or TaylorMade Spider Tour 😅
Titleist ProV1x

1. Handicap? 9

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right

3. Current wedges and setup? Vokey sm6 50.08F 54.14F 60.10S

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I’ve never been fitted for wedges. The new TM’s look amazing. And I never treat myself to anything new like this. I always buy my clubs used. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1. Handicap? 4.5

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right

3. Current wedges and setup? 60 low bounce 54 mid bounce Cleveland milled grind, 50 and 45 ping I210.

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I am a wedge guy, I keep my handicap low by getting up and down. The Taylormade wedges are the only wedges that I would swap my Cleveland’s out for. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1. Handicap?3.3

3. Current wedges and setup? 50+56 bvokey

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Match my p770 

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?yes it’s only 4 hrs away

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Definitely 

1. Handicap? 0

3. Current wedges and setup? Callaway jaws 60T 55X 50 10 degrees bounce 

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Never tried the taylormade wedges, always a fan of everything else. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1. Index: +1.6

2. Right Handed

3. Callaway jaws 50*, PM grind 56*, pm grind 62*
4. The new mg3 wedges look amazing and I really want some of that raw face in my golf game.  There is a reason the top players in the world trust TM wedges to throw darts! 

5. yes, I’m only 3 hours from both sites!

6. yes

7. ABSOLUTELY! It would be beyond a dream come true!

Edited by hammertime1515

1. Handicap. 6.5

2. Right or left hand golfer. Right

3. Current wedges and setup. Kirkland 52/56/60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I recently had my first fitting of any kind for a driver and it has had such a big impact on my play as well as my confidence on the tee box. Being able to do the same thing for my wedges would be game changing. Knowing that I'm holding some of the best wedges money can buy and that they are the perfect loft, bounce, and grind for my swing could make all the difference on those nerving little touch shots that can make or break a round. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes

1. Handicap? 17.9

3. Current wedges and setup? Callaway MD4 50S, 54S, Vokey SM8 58M

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? I have recently been fit for irons and next in my bag is wedges. The new MG3 line looks very clean and I think a player like me who is taking lessons and actively looking to improve could benefit from a proper wedge fitting with the high number of loft and bounce combos to real dial my gapping and numbers in.

1. Handicap? 8

3. Current wedges and setup?  MG2TW 56/60 / MG2 52

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?   Was always a Vokey guy until I switched to the MG2’s last season and it changed the game for me. Shaved 4 strokes with just my wedge game. 

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021?  Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featuredon GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Yes

1. Handicap is a 8. 
2. right handed

3. current wedge setup is vokey sm8 50 F grind, 54 D grind, 58 K grind low bounce. 
4. I want to be fit because I love the look and design of the new wedges. I tried them at my local store and loved them. 
5. I am available during the dates 

6. I can provide my own transportation 

7. I am willing to post high quality photos and review in the forum. I am willing to be featured on golfwrx and Taylormade social media posts 

1. Handicap?  4.6

3. Current wedges and setup?  Vokey 50 F 08, 54 S 10, and mizuno S18 58

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  I recently switched to Taylormade irons and love them.  The 760’s have been a dream.  Haven’t placed a huge priority on the wedges and would love the fitting experience and matching out my bag.

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? Yes, 💯

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Absolutely, sounds amazing!

1. Handicap 8️⃣

2. Right or left hand golfer. Right 

3. Current wedges and setup?  TM Tw 56 and 60

4. Get fit by legendary company and great product 

5. Yes

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?

yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?
Heck yes 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

How To Apply

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. Handicap? +0.4

2. Right or left hand golfer? RIGHT

3. Current wedges and setup? 48/54/60 vokey sm8

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Have a set of mg2 wedges love them and want to get a set of these 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Yes 

Rules

Members will be chosen by GolfWRX and TaylorMade based on the answers to the questions in their posts. Members will be contacted through the GolfWRX private message system and will have limited time to respond in order to secure your spot. This is for good standing members. Chosen members will need to provide their own transportation, at their expense, too and from the event and East Lake Golf Club . TaylorMade will cover hotels, meals, and golf. 

892372013_ScreenShot2021-08-19at9_01_02AM.png.540350490ac254ae9edfbad3a8af5980.png

1. 5.4 

2. Right

3. P7MC PW 47 degrees 2 deg flat, then 54 MD5 Raw 2 deg flat KBS 610 wedge shaft stiff, and 58 Mack Daddy Forged 2 deg flat KBS Hi Rev 2.0. 

4. I am always interested in wedge grinds and how different club manufacturers develop their grinds. My absolute favorite was the Mack Daddy 2 Tour grind - heel, toe, and trailing edge leaving a thin sole. I've been looking for a replacement with that same forged feel. A lot of club manufacturers have gotten away from forged wedges most likely due to cost/return of forged wedges. But the softer steel cast wedges have gotten pretty good. I like the heavy thud of a forged wedge. I am most interested in the TW grind of the MG3 wedge but we'll see!

5. For this opportunity? Absolutely!

6. Yes.

7. Yes, I was lucky enough to receive the TM M5 a couple of years back and posted my review on their forum. I believe TM has since shut the forums down, but I think I did that one justice. Looking for another opportunity to do the same!

Thanks for the giveaway guys!

TaylorMade Sim 2 - Fuji Pro 2.0 50 stiff
TaylorMade Sim 2 Ti 3 Wood 15 deg- MCA Blue 65 stiff

TaylorMade Sim 2 Rescue 17 deg - MCA Blue 80 Hybrid stiff

TaylorMade P770 - 3/4 Iron - KBS $-Taper Lite stiff

TaylorMade P7MC - 5-PW - KBS $-Taper Lite stiff

Callaway Mack Daddy 5 Raw - 54 - KBS 610 Wedge stiff

Callaway Mack Daddy Forged - 58 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 stiff

Nike Method Converge B1-01

1. Handicap? 4.0

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right Handed

3. Current wedges and setup? Cleveland ZipCore 50/54.58

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Never owned TM wedges but would like to try them

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Absolutely 

Bag as of June 2021 Driver - Mizuno STZ w/ Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex 3w - Mizuno STZ w/ Fuji Speeder 757 5w - Mizuno STZ w/ Motore X F3 7S - Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-6 & MP-20 MB 7-P w/ DG S300 AMT White Wedges Cleveland RTX ZipCore w/ TI S300 Spinner 50/54/58 Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

1. Handicap?  1.2

2. Right or left hand golfer?  Right Hand

3. Current wedges and setup?   50* (set to 49*), 54* (set to 52*), 58* all TaylorMade xFt wedges from 2009 - I am low on faces too!!!

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  The new tech has finally got my interest.  The new shapes are very appealing as well.  I may be forced to change when I run out of face plates for my xFt wedges.  And I  think it is time........

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club?    Indeed

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  Absolutely, would be pleased to do so as well.....

1. Handicap? 7

2. Right or left hand golfer? RH

3. Current wedges and setup? 2017 Tour Preferred 54/11, 58/10

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges?  It's time and at age 58 this could be my last true chance to play really good golf and stay competitive with the younger guys I play with.

1. Handicap? 3

2. Right or left hand golfer? RH

3. Current wedges and setup? Vokey SM8 54, SM7 52,60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Never in 30 years been fit for wedges!

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? Yes only a few hours drive for me

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts? Absolutely!

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

1. Handicap? 16.2 

2. Right or left hand golfer? Right 

3. Current wedges and setup? Vokey 52.08, Vokey 56.10, TM HI TOE 60

4. Why do you want to be fit for TaylorMade MG3 wedges? Never been fit for wedges and it’s time to upgrade. Really love my TM hi toe wedge and would love to get the opportunity to be custom tailored to wedges built for me so that I can send hosel rockets over the green in style. 

5. Are you available to be on site 8/30/2021 through 9/1/2021? I can be there all month if needed. 

6. Will you be able to provide your own transportation to and from Reynolds Lake and East Lake Golf Club? I’ll walk there if chosen and record every second for content. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience, and possibly be featured on GolfWRX or TaylorMade social media posts?  I run a semi professional ( well 750 follower) IG golf page and would love to post hi res photos of me smashing GIRS.