Vice Pro Zero

autronicdsm

2 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Nope. That’s not low. Still confused by its existence. Haha.. 

From my understanding they were running into production issues with their ball manufacturer Foremost and contracted another manufacturer, Feng Tay, (which uses a different urethane process- cast vs. injection) to make their balls.

Unsure if this is why there is a different dimple pattern but Vice used the opportunity to promote a "new" pro ball. I doubt that the ball is better than their typical pro ball lineup but I would bet that it is cheaper to produce as they are already running a sale on the Pro Zeros for less than the rest of the Pro lineup.

I played with these this weekend. The feel is very firm and a bit clicky. They are longer IMO than the vice pros and sugars I am currently using. While feeling firm to hard they check up very well on the greens. I can learn to get over the firmness of the ball as it delivers distance and will check, and actually backed up on a full gap wedge swing. Overall a winner,  once I get over the firm feel.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 3 sleeves and very happy with ball. As long as Vice Pro Plus, feels a little firmer than Vice Pro and spins nicely on greens. Durability is also on par with their current version Pro series. Whatever combination they cooked up for this ball works great. I'd recommend it for those waiting for their other two Pro lines to come back in stock.

20 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Finished 3 sleeves and very happy with ball. As long as Vice Pro Plus, feels a little firmer than Vice Pro and spins nicely on greens. Durability is also on par with their current version Pro series. Whatever combination they cooked up for this ball works great. I'd recommend it for those waiting for their other two Pro lines to come back in stock.

Every indication is these balls are great, but I'm satisfied with the Pro Plus, I just can't see myself even trying them. 

Is the only differentiator price in your opinion?

1 hour ago, vankody said:

Every indication is these balls are great, but I'm satisfied with the Pro Plus, I just can't see myself even trying them. 

Is the only differentiator price in your opinion?

Outside of the price, and maybe a little better spin with the Pro Plus on the greens, I don't think there's much of a difference between the two balls. I could play the Vice Pro Plus, Pro & Zero and be ok with them all. 

Edited by snagy2000
  • Like 4

I have been playing for the most part either Callaway Chrome Soft or Vice Pro Soft, I find the feel of the two balls to be very similar, I would say the callaway is a bit longer and a bit more durable. I bought the 5 dozen of the Vice Pro Zero when I got the email from them that they came out. First the price is great especially for a 20 Index who has a tendancy to lose balls, bounce them off of car paths and trees. The feel is signficantly firmer than Pro Soft and Callaway Chrome Soft. Performance seems to be very similar overall but I do prefer the softer feeling balls. My question for everyone is it seems compression rating is always a mystery with balls. Where can I find the compression rating of these 3 balls?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 11:33 AM, TheDomFather said:

I have been playing for the most part either Callaway Chrome Soft or Vice Pro Soft, I find the feel of the two balls to be very similar, I would say the callaway is a bit longer and a bit more durable. I bought the 5 dozen of the Vice Pro Zero when I got the email from them that they came out. First the price is great especially for a 20 Index who has a tendancy to lose balls, bounce them off of car paths and trees. The feel is signficantly firmer than Pro Soft and Callaway Chrome Soft. Performance seems to be very similar overall but I do prefer the softer feeling balls. My question for everyone is it seems compression rating is always a mystery with balls. Where can I find the compression rating of these 3 balls?

Thanks,

Check out Not allowed because of spam’s ball comparison tool. They don’t have data on the ProZero yet, but they do for Pro Soft and Chrome Soft (which isn’t actually a soft ball)

19 hours ago, homebruer said:

Check out Not allowed because of spam’s ball comparison tool. They don’t have data on the ProZero yet, but they do for Pro Soft and Chrome Soft (which isn’t actually a soft ball)

I called Vice about the compression of the pro zero, as I could not find it either. 95 compression and it feels all of it, but it spins good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unibrow said:

I called Vice about the compression of the pro zero, as I could not find it either. 95 compression and it feels all of it, but it spins good.

I'd have to see that number in relation to other balls tested using the same methodology, even if it's just Vice balls and all of the numbers come from Vice.  Everyone measures compression differently.  95 compression is vague without context.  Even with the MGS tests, 95 compression in the 2019 test is softer than 95 compression in the 2021 test.

Haven't tried these, however the construction and compression is failry similar to the pro and pro plus. In the 2021 ball test, the pro and pro plus had basically identical speed, launch, and spin, but the pro had a lower peak height distance and less carry. I'm guessing in this instance that it would be caused by the aerodynamics, seeing as the pro plus has more dimples. 

This pro zero has even more dimples than the pro plus, but the construction of the pro, maybe it's an attempt at compromising between them in a cheaper package?

Edited by Trippels
clarification

I have now played the pro, pro plus and zero. The zero feels firmer than the pro plus, and is a little clicky. If the company says they are 95 comp, I'm fine with that even if it is a little off. I mostly play balls in the mid 80's compression. This ball is much firmer. To me it feels firmer than the standard Pro v1x. Never tried the left dash. As I mentioned the ball is firm and clicky, but checks well. 

29 minutes ago, Trippels said:

Haven't tried these, however the construction and compression is failry similar to the pro and pro plus. In the 2021 ball test, the pro and pro plus had basically identical speed, launch, and spin, but the pro had a lower peak height distance and less carry. I'm guessing in this instance that it would be caused by the aerodynamics, seeing as the pro plus has more dimples. 

This pro zero has even more dimples than the pro plus, but the construction of the pro, maybe it's an attempt at compromising between them in a cheaper package?

The pro and the pro plus both have cast urethane covers and the pro zero doesn't.  More than the number of dimples will go into how the balls performs.  Since there has been speculation that these balls are being made by Feng Tay instead of Foremost (which makes the other Vice balls), it will be interesting to see how a pro zero looks when cut in half compared to some other Feng Tay balls.  The only 3pc urethane balls with 344 dimples on the conforming list are RZN balls (made by Feng Tay), Spalding Tour balls (almost definitely made by Feng Tay), and the pro zero.

8 minutes ago, cardigan said:

The pro and the pro plus both have cast urethane covers and the pro zero doesn't.  More than the number of dimples will go into how the balls performs.  Since there has been speculation that these balls are being made by Feng Tay instead of Foremost (which makes the other Vice balls), it will be interesting to see how a pro zero looks when cut in half compared to some other Feng Tay balls.  The only 3pc urethane balls with 344 dimples on the conforming list are RZN balls (made by Feng Tay), Spalding Tour balls (almost definitely made by Feng Tay), and the pro zero.

I think the 3pc 344 dimpled RZN ball was the RZN tour, which seems to have been replaced by the 4pc RZN pro. Maybe the vice pro zero just took over the RZN tour formula?

33 minutes ago, Trippels said:

I think the 3pc 344 dimpled RZN ball was the RZN tour, which seems to have been replaced by the 4pc RZN pro. Maybe the vice pro zero just took over the RZN tour formula?

The RZN website and marketing is pretty poor in my opinion so it's difficult to know what they are doing.  The RZN tour is still available on their site for the US at a discounted price.  The MS-Tour (also 3pc urethane) is available on both the US site and the Europe site.  I imagine that Vice is a big enough customer to get tweaks to any ball that they order and not have it simply be the exact same ball as something else with different labeling but it's still probably going to be something similar to something Feng Tay already makes (if they are in fact making the pro zero).

8 hours ago, Trippels said:

They do not feel similar. Zero is firmer.

I recently played two rounds with MTB-X and honestly don't care for Zero any more. When I finally lost Snell and played Zero I was shocked that it felt crappy. Opened my eyes lol

Going forward I'll be rotating between MTB-X and Vice Pro or Plus.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Vice Pro on a lark this season when Vice ran their 5+1 sale and was quite happy with it. Toward the end of the season, I reached into the bag and picked up what I thought was another Pro. It felt a bit off, but I figured that it was because it was old and scuffed.

A few holes later, I actually looked down, and lo and behold it was a Pro Zero that I must have picked up somewhere. The Pro Zero is, imo, unacceptably hard. It reminded me of Top Flite XL 2000s. I immediately rotated it out, and eventually ended up losing it over a water hazard. I was almost happy to see it go.

Driver: Mizuno ST-Z 220 8.5° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5 / 60g

3w: Mizuno ST-Z 15° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 / 70g

5w: Mizuno ST-Z 18° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 / 70g

4i-5i: Mizuno Pro 223 - Project X Rifle 6.5

6i-PW: Mizuno Pro 221 - Project X Rifle 6.5

50.07S: Mizuno T22 - Denim Copper - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
54.10S: Mizuno T24 - Satin Chrome - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
60.12V: Mizuno T24 - Denim Copper - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1 T2 - 34"/69° -  Matte Black Shaft - Press No. II 3°

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

• 1 month later...

Tried them out yesterday, hitting shots from 20-70 yards.  They felt a lot like the Pro V1x.  The only thing I noticed (and it could be in my head) is they seemed to pick up dirt easier than a cast urethane ball.

• Like 2

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics 722E

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

I emailed vice support today to see if there were plans for a variety of colors for the pro zero and got this response:

Thank you for reaching out.

For now it is only available in white. There is actually a possibility for colored versions since this is supposed to be a future replacement for the Vice Pro Soft. As the model is still new, it would all depend on performance, sales and customer feedback 🙂

Danke & beste Grüße,
John

It’s interesting that they are replacing the soft with the zero that to me didn’t feel very soft. Either way, I’m interested in possible new color options. 

• Like 1

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics 722E

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 2:44 PM, dugue4 said:

I emailed vice support today to see if there were plans for a variety of colors for the pro zero and got this response:

Thank you for reaching out.

For now it is only available in white. There is actually a possibility for colored versions since this is supposed to be a future replacement for the Vice Pro Soft. As the model is still new, it would all depend on performance, sales and customer feedback 🙂

Danke & beste Grüße,
John

It’s interesting that they are replacing the soft with the zero that to me didn’t feel very soft. Either way, I’m interested in possible new color options. 

Umm, what? Those balls are nothing alike!

On 11/22/2022 at 4:02 PM, Wolfhammer said:

I found the performance to be good on these. Was able to get them to bite and spin on the greens. But man, they felt VERY firm. Maybe the firmest urethane ball I've ever played.

A while ago I did a comparison on a launch monitor between MTB Black, RZN Pro, and Vice Zero and Vice was the longest. Too bad it lacks in feel, Snell is ideal for me IMO

Edited by autronicdsm

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered some of these on Vice Black Friday sale

I got a dozen Zero and a dozen Pro on the way

With Snell having supply issues, I am looking for a replacement

I normally play the Snell Black, but I am currently gaming the Wilson Triad

I like them a lot so will be comparing the 2 when the Vice get in.

With the Triad at $40 a dozen, I am hoping the Vice are just as good.

Of course Vice said it could be 15-20 days before I get them so who knows when they will come in

I have not heard anything yet from them and I ordered on the 28th of Nov.

Hopefully it still stays warm here in the south for a while.

Driver -Cobra RadSpeed 9*

5 Wood - PING G425 16*

Hybrid  PING G410 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore CBX 54* ; Cleveland CBX Zipcore Full Face 58*

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Closer-34"

Ball- Wilson Triad 

16 hours ago, scott406 said:

I ordered balls on the same day (Pro Plus) and received them Monday. I hadn't heard anything either.

Edited by Ger21

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Attas 11 7S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

1 hour ago, Ger21 said:

I ordered balls on the same day (Pro Plus) and received them Monday. I hadn't heard anything either.

Thanks

I will be on the lookout

Would be a nice surprise considering I am down to my last few sleeves of Triads

Driver -Cobra RadSpeed 9*

5 Wood - PING G425 16*

Hybrid  PING G410 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore CBX 54* ; Cleveland CBX Zipcore Full Face 58*

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Closer-34"

Ball- Wilson Triad 

18 hours ago, scott406 said:

I ordered some of these on Vice Black Friday sale

I got a dozen Zero and a dozen Pro on the way

With Snell having supply issues, I am looking for a replacement

I normally play the Snell Black, but I am currently gaming the Wilson Triad

I like them a lot so will be comparing the 2 when the Vice get in.

With the Triad at $40 a dozen, I am hoping the Vice are just as good.

Of course Vice said it could be 15-20 days before I get them so who knows when they will come in

Hopefully it still stays warm here in the south for a while.

Triad sounded/felt softer to me. Zero is a good ball but kinda clicky for me.

• Thanks 1