BMW Championship 2021

MattyO1984

1 hour ago, gsrjc said:

Would you see them as partners at the Ryder Cup?

Honestly, most thought any partnering up with P Reed was a stretch for the rest of the team...

I could be wrong but, none of the other 11 that make the team want to partner with this clown shoe. Regardless of the strides he's made recently to become a "friendlier" version of himself, no one wants to put up with his nonsense. Just standing on the tee box and having to endure his droning on would be enough to make you drive off to find the cart girl...

• Like 2

Just now, m_w said:

Who are those people that are "helping"?

I didn't think that I was being cryptic...

Volunteers, locker room folk, those who walk the event every day with him, etc.. 

Again, I don't know but my understanding is there's a few stories out there. 

To be clear, this was an amazing event. My and the better half were actually watching it on the way to dinner and during dinner(which I was stunned by). I admire the hell out of BDC's game. But no, he's not anyone I pull for. And I don't believe that it's a surprise why I and others don't...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, me05501 said:

Geez…There’s not a player on tour who couldn’t hit Bryson’s wedge 175 yards. It’s like 42* on a six iron shaft. Stop with the wedge versus six iron crap. 

Hasnt this always been an evolving case...for example, at the 1950 US Open at Merion with Hogan hitting his 1 iron from ~150 yds, wasn't the loft on that similar to a current 8 iron?

25 minutes ago, Ironman_32 said:

Hasnt this always been an evolving case...for example, at the 1950 US Open at Merion with Hogan hitting his 1 iron from ~150 yds, wasn't the loft on that similar to a current 8 iron?

The famous 1 iron shot Hogan hit on the final hole at Merion was from around 215 yards and was 17* of loft.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

When he berated a cameraman for filming him during a meltdown on the course because it will “hurt his brand”. You know just doing his job…..

he told the media when a guy asked him how’s your back and he goes on about oh I hurt my latissimus blah blah and then says “but to you guys I pulled my lower back haha.” Like the laymen who COVER SPORTS don’t know what a back muscles’ name is Ironically enough he named the WRONG muscles while talking down to the reporters…..

when he asks for multiple rulings from different people when they all say the same thing because they’re professional rules officials but acts like he’s smarter than them. 

a friend is a friend of his agent and apparently whenever they go out to a bar he asks for chocolate milk which they never have and he makes a big fuss and is rude to the bartender even though he knows they won’t have it. 

he’s just insufferable pretty much every time he opens his mouth. 

maybe he’s on the spectrum. A friend of a friend of a friend stories are usually complete Bull. 

My cousins friend's uncle, his best man said Tiger will never play golf again…

it’s IMO exactly stuff like this that makes BDC hated before anyone sees him or meets him. If you talk with folks at Dragonfly GC, the descriptions there couldn’t be further from what you are describing. I’m not saying I know better, just that there are usually two sides to a coin. 

• Like 4

To me, most people are likable until proven otherwise. I have never met the man, but BD just isn’t part of that group. (to me).  

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

37 minutes ago, m_w said:

maybe he’s on the spectrum. A friend of a friend of a friend stories are usually complete Bull. 

it’s IMO exactly stuff like this that makes BDC hated before anyone sees him or meets him. If you talk with folks at Dragonfly GC, the descriptions there couldn’t be further from what you are describing. I’m not saying I know better, just that there are usually two sides to a coin. 

First hand account sorry and please with him being on “the spectrum.”

Edited by stingerfade

5 hours ago, gsrjc said:

https://twitter.com/Skratch/status/1432088805297827840?s=20

Don’t know how to share it directly. 

And this is why I don’t like BDC. Have some respect for your fellow competitors, particularly when they’re dragging your slow a** round. It’s bad enough how he treats other people but at least respect your fellow pros.

He may like showing off with his driver, but BDC had four good chances to win and messed up his putts. I’ve been saying for years he’s a so-so putter. There’s only one other player I actively wish to fail (Ian Poulter, long story and told it here before) but BDC is about to join that list.

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

36 minutes ago, philly2kuk said:

And this is why I don’t like BDC. Have some respect for your fellow competitors, particularly when they’re dragging your slow a** round. It’s bad enough how he treats other people but at least respect your fellow pros.

He may like showing off with his driver, but BDC had four good chances to win and messed up his putts. I’ve been saying for years he’s a so-so putter. There’s only one other player I actively wish to fail (Ian Poulter, long story and told it here before) but BDC is about to join that list.

Let's not forget some of BDC's other "interesting" moments.

A whiff of a handshake after a poor finish and barely congratulating a long time ET professional after his first win. With a total PR release apology. Uh-huh.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/golf-pga-tour-bryson-dechambeau-richard-mcevoy-handshake-apology-video

Edited by grm24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, indianagolf2 said:

Don't see the issue here...bryson is serious about his game. 

As are pretty much all of current PGA Tour members. Most of those same players don't seem to be the constant ongoing insufferable mope that BDC is. Why is that? 

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1

Waking up to find that Bryson didn’t win was a fine start to my morning - thanks PC 🏆

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

They were both at the mind games. Aside from the stop walking call, Cantlays was slowing down in and around the greens to disrupt Brysons rythym, Bryson was whistling on the tee, one of the play-off holes after Bryson missed i noticed how close he placed his foot to Cantlays marker as he walked round it.

It didn't look like there was any love lost between the pair of them.

Did I read that Bryson refused to do a post round interview? - If so, then that is probably the bigger a******/spoilt bratt move.

7 hours ago, stingerfade said:

a friend is a friend of his agent and apparently whenever they go out to a bar he asks for chocolate milk which they never have and he makes a big fuss and is rude to the bartender even though he knows they won’t have it. 

I have a client who has done stuff like that to waitresses when I’ve taken him to lunch. He’s like 70 and has a white beard and all that, very obviously retired. 

He’ll order an alcoholic drink even though he rarely wants one. When they ask for his ID he’ll say “I don’t have it, but you can still serve me. The law says you should ask for ID for any customer who doesn’t look old enough to drink. I am obviously old enough, so you don’t need to see it.”

Obviously he never gets served because no poor server is going to risk her job to bring one old man a mimosa, but he feels like he’s fighting for justice. I always leave a bigger tip and a note on the receipt to make up for my jerk guest. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

3 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Great finish.   They will NEVER go back to that course, I assure you. 

As a biased local guy my predictions obviously failed, but what we got was:

1) The best players on Earth putting on an absolute show with ball in hand the first two days. 

2)Greens rolling true enough to see maybe the single greatest putting performance in modern times

3) Probably the best sudden death playoff I have ever seen

Just a week ago the winning score at Liberty was -20, and they had some wind and freak weather roll through. That type of scoring makes for better entertainment IMO. 

There was barely any wind the entire tournament and the local area was still recovering from ~5 straight days of major rain. The course shows well on TV and with a crowd that huge (what was the last big crowd like that?) there are bound to be some idiots in it. I won't defend all the asshats who've had too many White Claws during the morning. 

Re: Bryson, just because I'm not totally in his corner doesn't mean I can't appreciate what he's doing. His short game has obvious flaws but you just do not see someone that impressive tee to green very often, he's hitting more fairways than prime Tiger and doing it with ball speeds in the upper 190's. I had to remind myself again that he's a 27 year old guy, and that when I was his age I was kind of a self-involved jerk too. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing and find success. 

Why not pair him and Cantlay up in 4-balls at the RC? Mix a robot who putts lights out with an electrifying bomber. They might not be besties but they could beat anyone. 

• Like 2

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

12 minutes ago, GooseHook said:

As a biased local guy my predictions obviously failed, but what we got was:

1) The best players on Earth putting on an absolute show with ball in hand the first two days. 

2)Greens rolling true enough to see maybe the single greatest putting performance in modern times

3) Probably the best sudden death playoff I have ever seen

Just a week ago the winning score at Liberty was -20, and they had some wind and freak weather roll through. That type of scoring makes for better entertainment IMO. 

There was barely any wind the entire tournament and the local area was still recovering from ~5 straight days of major rain. The course shows well on TV and with a crowd that huge (what was the last big crowd like that?) there are bound to be some idiots in it. I won't defend all the asshats who've had too many White Claws during the morning. 

Re: Bryson, just because I'm not totally in his corner doesn't mean I can't appreciate what he's doing. His short game has obvious flaws but you just do not see someone that impressive tee to green very often, he's hitting more fairways than prime Tiger and doing it with ball speeds in the upper 190's. I had to remind myself again that he's a 27 year old guy, and that when I was his age I was kind of a self-involved jerk too. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing and find success. 

Why not pair him and Cantlay up in 4-balls at the RC? Mix a robot who putts lights out with an electrifying bomber. They might not be besties but they could beat anyone. 

It's amazing all the time people and pros spend on the range and winning and scoring well (usually) comes down to the putter.   

You hear it from teachers and players, "putting is all about confidence."   Cantlay displayed a boatload when he drilled in the last one to win, hence more confidence.  More hard work for Bryson - hard work in golf only gets you so far.   I like Bryson.  Personality is good for golf.   Cantlay is just another emotionless stump.  He looked ill, maybe he was wearing sunscreen. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stingerfade said:

First hand account sorry and please with him being on “the spectrum.”

Seems to me that at some point over the last few years "on the spectrum" has come to mean "I have a serious medical condition that makes it totally not my fault whenever I behave like a total jackass, and I just so happen to behave like a total jackass way more often than most other people."

Does a real disservice to those with actual handicaps and disabilities IMO, and we're in real trouble when total jackasses feel they should be treated as an actual protected class.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, m_w said:

He gave you three pretty valid examples and an anecdote and you only focused on the anecdote while hand waving away the others with "spectrum" as an excuse. It isn't, at best it would be an explanation for awkward/antisocial behavior, but not a "get out of ****** free card". 

It is honestly not surprising when his social circle seems to consist of social media obsessed 21 year olds who pants each other and brag about how much they lift. 

Edited by Valtiel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

8 minutes ago, jmck said:

Seems to me that at some point over the last few years "on the spectrum" has come to mean "I have a serious medical condition that makes it totally not my fault whenever I behave like a total jackass, and I just so happen to behave like a total jackass way more often than most other people."

Does a real disservice to those with actual handicaps and disabilities IMO, and we're in real trouble when total jackasses feel they should be treated as an actual protected class.

That was my point without saying it. I have a nephew who has serious autism and is A LOT to handle. It’s not even on the same page at all. Him and bubba might have anxieties but if you think they’re anywhere near a “spectrum” you have no experience with the real deal. 

11 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

It was a golf that I actually watched-really good playoff

I don't get the hate for Bryson- he was out there doing his job

I wanted to punch Cantlay in the face every time he stuck his tongue out . I hope he loses that habit

Did you hate Michael Jordan? 

actually the fact he barely shook cantlays hand, stormed off the green and didn’t do an interview pretty much sums it up. What a classless tool. 

Edited by stingerfade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1