2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

BMW Championship 2021

MattyO1984

46 minutes ago, nmh said:

I like Bryson more and more, thought he was gonna win and was pulling for him.  The second time on 18 ppl yelling, walks off, regroups and sticks one.  Misses the putt, keeps clawing back.  Was epic.  I'd be mad too and wouldn't want to talk to anyone.  As far as people calling him brooksy and stuff.. Now days people think they can do the same stuff in real life as behind a keyboard and call people names and expect no consequences.  Guess what, welcome to the real world.  The fan gets a pass and keyboard warriors will say look see bryson is a** or whatever.  People need a reality check from time to time.  Glad he didn't throw hands or anything but hopefully that fan learned a little respect if that espn story is true.  No harm done either way, he lost.  He'll get over it.

I can't seem to make myself pull for BD, but I'm adamantly opposed to heckling any golfer. Spectators should be just that imo: spectators. I'd personally like to see all events police fans the way AGNC does. 

41 minutes ago, One Putter said:

Who gives a damn if everyone heckles Bryson. He brought it on himself. He can easily make it stop by just laughing at it because it really is just dumb.

Athletes in other sports really get heckled. Like actual, personal stuff being yelled at them. Not someone calling them brooksie.

Golf is not basketball, football, or any other sport and that excuse for the rude behavior doesn't work to convince me that heckling and boorish behavior is OK. 

• Like 2

If winning was easy, losers would do it.

1 hour ago, jdl said:

I think the Zinger may have mentioned that 10 or 20 times.

Lol. Maybe thats where I heard it. 

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, miamistomp said:

Seems to me KIsner was a smart a** this week but people thought it was funny

He should have handled it better too

Right. But I’ve always said. Humans can tell serious from fake.  Kisner was dead serious.  If he had been fake and  he said that.  They’d be roasting him.  He’s serious. Meaning , come at me and I’ll cut your throat in the parking lot , so nobody calls him out.  Conviction is a powerful thing. 

• Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, Valtiel said:

He gave you three pretty valid examples and an anecdote and you only focused on the anecdote while hand waving away the others with "spectrum" as an excuse. It isn't, at best it would be an explanation for awkward/antisocial behavior, but not a "get out of ****** free card". 

It is honestly not surprising when his social circle seems to consist of social media obsessed 21 year olds who pants each other and brag about how much they lift. 

So those three reasons are enough for you to hate someone with a passion?

11 hours ago, Ironman_32 said:

Hasnt this always been an evolving case...for example, at the 1950 US Open at Merion with Hogan hitting his 1 iron from ~150 yds, wasn't the loft on that similar to a current 8 iron?

If you're being facetious, you got me.

For the record, Hogan's 1-iron probably had the loft of a modern 3-iron, or maybe a little less.  It was still the size of Tour Striker, and just as difficult to hit.  Think extremely small butter knife.

• Like 2
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

14 minutes ago, J13 said:

I was at the BMW for 4 days, working inside the ropes so here's my dime store tour of what i saw (all bias aside)

1. Bryson had the largest crowds all week not just weekend rounds.  

2. Bryson and JT were by far the best with crowds and engaged the most with fans.  Bryson was by far #1 with this.  Really impressed me

3. Brooks, JT, Bryson had altercations with moronic fans.

4. Final round on #4 tee a fan yelled "bryson is that the driver that sucks", his response with a smile and laugh was "no this is the good one".  

5. The heckling players get (not just bryson) is out of control.  I had to deal with multiple fans yelling really inappropriate stuff, especially with kids around.  

Overall Bryson needs to smooth out the rough edges and can be immature but on the flip side he engaged more with fans than the rest of the field combined.  It was honestly impressive and I give him credit for it.  99% of it you never see on camera and it has changed my opinion of him.  

Thanks for that viewpoint.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

1 hour ago, ilikegolf26 said:

What’s the punishment for the fan though? There is none. He got a reaction and “clout” from his buddies and social media and the tournament was over so if he got thrown out he was leaving anyway. 

I meant his punishment was Bryson gettin in his face and effectively telling that fan to go f himself. Odds are Bryson is bigger than him and hopefully he looked like a b**** in front of his buddies. No need for anything further from either side. Wouldn’t expect the pga to step

In on something that minor. 

6 minutes ago, nmh said:

I meant his punishment was Bryson gettin in his face and effectively telling that fan to go f himself. Odds are Bryson is bigger than him and hopefully he looked like a b**** in front of his buddies. No need for anything further from either side. Wouldn’t expect the pga to step

In on something that minor. 

That particular interaction was not even close to some of the things players said to heckling fans.  Brooks for example had a fan yell at him after a missed birdie putt "don't worry you'll make it next time Bryson" Brooks walked over and said "Fu$$ you, you fat Fu$$".  Paul Casey also said some things to fans and even a marshal.  Kisner also had some choice words for more than a few hecklers.  Most of this is never on camera but if you are there you see it, especially being in the ropes.  I was shocked.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

9 minutes ago, J13 said:

That particular interaction was not even close to some of the things players said to heckling fans.  Brooks for example had a fan yell at him after a missed birdie putt "don't worry you'll make it next time Bryson" Brooks walked over and said "Fu$$ you, you fat Fu$$".  Paul Casey also said some things to fans and even a marshal.  Kisner also had some choice words for more than a few hecklers.  Most of this is never on camera but if you are there you see it, especially being in the ropes.  I was shocked.

Is this sort of behavior a uniquely Baltimore thing, something due to overly drunk/stoned fans, or just what one sees every week on Tour? If I was Jay Monahan I might be a bit concerned that things have spun out of control.

1 hour ago, Hardluckster said:

I can't seem to make myself pull for BD, but I'm adamantly opposed to heckling any golfer. Spectators should be just that imo: spectators. I'd personally like to see all events police fans the way AGNC does. 

Golf is not basketball, football, or any other sport and that excuse for the rude behavior doesn't work to convince me that heckling and boorish behavior is OK. 

Its not any of those other sports but people get boozed up like it is. In fact people may even more belligerent due to the heat/drinking combo. You wanna get rid of boorish behavior then dont let people drink its really that simple. Its really a smaller part of a larger problem that our society has with it's attitude towards drinking in general. But we know that will never get addressed.

I dont see any other guys having this much trouble with hecklers. Just the one. Wonder why that is.

Edited by One Putter

9 minutes ago, m d g said:

I'm sorry...but those laws are idiotic. I get carded at the grocery store and I am at least 5 decades past legal age.

That may well be true, but the waitress had nothing to do with enacting them. 

• Like 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

4 minutes ago, One Putter said:

Its not any of those other sports but people get boozed up like it is. In fact people may even more belligerent due to the heat/drinking combo. You wanna get rid of boorish behavior then dont let people drink its really that simple. Its really a smaller part of a larger problem that our society has with it's attitude towards drinking in general. But we know that will never get addressed.

I dont see any other guys having this much trouble with hecklers. Just the one. Wonder why that is.

Why do you not hear any of this on European Tour events then? Or LPGA? Or the masters?

I guarantee people are drinking at these events too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, m d g said:

Unless you are contractually obligated, then no, it is not your job. It may be a good thing to do for 'the good of the game,' but it's not your job.

lol you're one of those. got it. 

so in your career, you've literally never done things not in your job description b/c it's not on paper right? you've never done things b/c "they're part of the job" right? 

their job is literally to entertain us -- included in that description is answering to media despite what you say is 'not in their contract'. i understand the need from time to time either due to illness, fatigue, etc --- however blatantly not answering the mail is childish and makes him look like a greater fool. 

there's ways of answering questions from people you don't like -- instead of responding to them, he ignores them...giving them fuel for the day he opens the door again. 

Edited by gioguy21

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

19 minutes ago, J13 said:

Whaaaat?! Thanks for sharing.

BK funny 🤣

They should hire these guys do security let them roam the course. Would hear anymore hecklers ; )

B990699A-AC74-440D-A657-AEAE858FC7A7.jpeg

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, J13 said:

We need to get HBO Max a PGA Tour contract...I want to hear all that stuff.  Just for a few tournaments....

PGA Tour has to know all this going on, but as long as that $ keeps flowing, they will do bare minimum to appear to care.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

Why do you not hear any of this on European Tour events then? Or LPGA? Or the masters?

Like i said its not the drinking its the attitude towards drinking. Like people always wanna blame their bad behavior on "oh i was drunk". But nobody ever says hey, if you know that you act a certain way when you drink, and you continue to drink, you're now culpable. You are now a problem. You can't sidestep responsiblity for your actions like that. And we let it slide, all the time, instead of calling it out.

Edited by One Putter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

I'm guessing more alcohol sales in R4 yesterday than the LPGA sold all year.  As for Euro Tour...just how belligerent can you get off red wine in a small cup?!  (Kidding...).  Still, crowds and alcohol sales are completely different scales.

I was a Busch Stadium in a game that went into extra innings everybody was leaving early. A couple who were beyond tipsy and were yelling obscenities were the thrown out of the stadium. PGA Tour needs to monitor what is happening at the tour events and throw people out who can’t keep their mouth shut 

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

13 hours ago, hogans71 said:

I didn't think that I was being cryptic...

Volunteers, locker room folk, those who walk the event every day with him, etc.. 

Again, I don't know but my understanding is there's a few stories out there.

Winning The Telephone Game. Designers, developers and communication | by  Dylan van Sprang | Prototypr

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

3 hours ago, stingerfade said:

That was my point without saying it. I have a nephew who has serious autism and is A LOT to handle. It’s not even on the same page at all. Him and bubba might have anxieties but if you think they’re anywhere near a “spectrum” you have no experience with the real deal. 

That's why they call it "the spectrum." It's meant to describe a wide range of non-standard behavior patterns and mental processing issues that can seem anywhere from very mild to very severe depending on the person and the situation. It's a "spectrum" of related conditions. 

Your comment is a bit like telling someone with a mild skin cancer about this guy you know with stage four metastatic prostate cancer. They both have cancer. Comparing them is pointless. 

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

13 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

lol you're one of those. got it. 

so in your career, you've literally never done things not in your job description b/c it's not on paper right? you've never done things b/c "they're part of the job" right? 

their job is literally to entertain us -- included in that description is answering to media despite what you say is 'not in their contract'. i understand the need from time to time either due to illness, fatigue, etc --- however blatantly not answering the mail is childish and makes him look like a greater fool. 

there's ways of answering questions from people you don't like -- instead of responding to them, he ignores them...giving them fuel for the day he opens the door again. 

Ha! No...not 'one of those.'

In my career, I am the guy who always did too much. I had a job once at a private school (not teaching but I did coach golf along with other duties) where I was paid for 20 hours but worked 40 to 50 consistently. It's because I believed in what they were doing, and they didn't have the money to pay for what needed to be done.

But it was my choice. If a player signs autographs and gives clinics and visits kids in the hospital, I think it's great. But it's a choice, not an obligation.

Their job (professional 'golfer') is literally to golf. Just because we are entertained by what they do doesn't make them entertainers.

Were I in Bryson't position I'd like to think that I would give interviews and do all of those extra things, and personally, I would make those things a big part of my schedule. But easier said than done...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, farmer said:

I do not understand heckling golfers.  Beer muscles, I suspect.  If the offenders could be identified and removed, the enthusiasm for heckling would quickly wane.  There is security present, use it.

I think there's a type of person who enjoys acting boorish in a normally-polite environment. They may or may not be the same people harassing the players at an NBA or MLB game. I tend to think it's a different type.

Sports crowds tend to be somewhat self-policing. You can act like an a** at a baseball game for a while, but eventually the section you're sitting in is probably going to shout you down because you're ruining their enjoyment of the game. 

Golf has this veneer of manners and politeness that seems to prevent the polite fans from dealing with the jerks among them. Plus galleries are fluid and you're not stuck sitting around the same people, so you can just move away from the morons if you choose. 

• Like 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

1 hour ago, m_w said:

So those three reasons are enough for you to hate someone with a passion?

I never said anything about "hate", let alone with a passion. No one can deny what he is doing from a raw talent standpoint, he is almost in a Tiger-like group in the "no one but him could pull this off" kind of way. But like J13 said above, he has a lot of rough edges with far more "foot in mouth" moments than his peers and despite being brilliant in a handful of areas, he's a bit of an idiot in many others and lacking the self awareness to clean that part up. Lumping this into "spectrum" territory is also dismissive and disrespectful to those that actually do suffer from neurodivergent disorders and contributes to a stigma that "spectrum-y" means "a-hole". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant