2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

BMW Championship 2021

MattyO1984

42 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Not bad - at least you're getting the hang of it. 73b80a_b5068821460349639dd6aea18ee3cdd7~

Lol.  Thanks !  Found that new button at the top.  Literally by accident.  Hit Gif and loads of pics popped up.  That little girl always cracked me up.  She looks like a kid I know.   I guess that’s why. A real pill. 

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

13 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Why does he need to do an interview? Do you know for a fact that NBC was trying to get an interview with him? I know they were like an hour and a half over their coverage window by the time it ended. 
The questions they ask are usually stupid anyway and if he did do the interview the same people complaining he didn’t do the interview would be complaining he’s taking attention away from the winner. 

Not just NBC. He refused to speak to all media every day, even after his 60.  He spoke to the PGA Media person so they would have a transcript to give all the other media who got blown off. 

• Sad 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

3 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Not just NBC. He refused to speak to all media every day, even after his 60.  He spoke to the PGA Media person so they would have a transcript to give all the other media who got blown off. 

Pretty sure he did that after his whole Covid experience. I’m sure him not speaking to different forms of media didn’t skew how they reported on him as they have integrity.

1 minute ago, capking said:

Pretty sure he did that after his whole Covid experience. I’m sure him not speaking to different forms of media didn’t skew how they reported on him as they have integrity.

Yes. I think that’s where it started.

Some do, some definitely don’t.  Being part of it here in the MD area, I have see both sides of it. I do know one guy there who truly would give him a fair shake, but got ignored  like all the rest. 

Vokey

3 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yes. I think that’s where it started.

Some do, some definitely don’t.  Being part of it here in the MD area, I have see both sides of it. I do know one guy there who truly would give him a fair shake, but got ignored  like all the rest. 

Who knows talking about that in particular is pretty taboo, he may have been told to ignore the media until the Ryder cup.

1 hour ago, Nard_S said:

I attended my first PGA event in 2019. The biggest surprise was what a drinking fest it all is. It was fun, but I can see how things go stupid too easily. It's a cash cow for the event. Literally two handed drinking going on. So some work needs to be done, some reach out, like 'hey party on Garth, but keep your mouth shut and call an Uber'. 

However, compare this to corporate day at the Open Championship.  That's serious drinking and people passed out on the grass.  Funny thing is, it's at the venue, but nowhere near the golf.

A few times on the train leaving the Open it was absolutely hilarious how wasted some fans were...missing their stop and ending up who knows where from being passed out, the drunk fights with so many swing and misses it made Sammy Sosa look a contact hitter, people leaving their bags...just total chaos.  And the singing!  Is there any worse singing than Scottish?!  

Edited by CasualLie

11 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I saw him talk with someone from Golf Channel on Friday. It was a live TV interview right after his round ended. I’m not sure why you keep spreading these falsehoods. You sound like a member of the media who does that for a living.  

19 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Where did Koepka say that? This week in Baltimore?

Yes

17 hours ago, PZero said:

This has been my experience around Bryson as well. He's really nice and great with the fans. Everything you want a professional athlete to be. Lots of the hate he gets is groupthink. It became cool to hate him. Hell, people were siding with Brooks, who is a total *****, in their little beef.

If you were to judge Brooks and Bryson as a fan at a tourney you would think Brooks is the biggest Di$$ in the world.  It wouldn't even be close.  With that said I think Brooks is much more media savvy and that's his way of connecting with fans.  

17 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Eh, I think it falls in the middle. He seems to have a good rep with fans and how he handles them and that is well deserved, as it seems is his rep off the course and/or around his home turf. But when he is put under any pressure when things are not going well he gets petulant and immature, which hopefully will fade with age. It is easy to be everyone's friend when you're in a good mood and things are going well, but it is how you act when its not all sunshine and rainbows that says a lot about who you are as well, and a lot of the hate he gets stems from that. 

I agree with most of this.  He's a young guy in his 20's and needs some maturing in the handling of diversity department.  Same could be said for most guys in their 20's let alone having a global spotlight on them.  It's a tough road to travel and most tour players stay out of the fray by just being robots and not saying or looking at anyone.  Personally, I'd prefer someone that's outgoing and personable that occasionally sticks his foot in his mouth.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

14 hours ago, Titleist99 said:

Agree 100%...Bryson is a media driven hype.....IMo He wins one major tournament with bomb and gouge and the hype machine revs up. Can't blame The Golf Channel, without Tiger Woods they need the interest...LOL! Having the governing bodies changing the game, when the average Joe hits his driver 210 yards....now that's funny. IMO, IMO.....300 yards off the tee will be competitive in any pro tournament anything over brings diminishing returns.....IMO I have to admit bryson hit it pretty straight in this event but that's usually not the case.

Straightness is over rated in a way. You may perceive he is hitting foul balls on the regular but Bryson is by far the leader in SCG off the tee. Gaining almost 5 shots per tournament over the field. His issues seem to be with approaches...in particular wedge play. If he dialed that in, I think he would win 6-8 times per year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigManSlim said:

Straightness is over rated in a way. You may perceive he is hitting foul balls on the regular but Bryson is by far the leader in SCG off the tee. Gaining almost 5 shots per tournament over the field. His issues seem to be with approaches...in particular wedge play. If he dialed that in, I think he would win 6-8 times per year.

Just look at a the playoff as an example.  He was 30 yards ahead of PC on almost every approach on 18.  Had 150 or less and should have put PC away fairly quickly.

2 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

I saw him talk with someone from Golf Channel on Friday. It was a live TV interview right after his round ended. I’m not sure why you keep spreading these falsehoods. You sound like a member of the media who does that for a living.  

I should have clarified.  He didn’t speak to any of the Print Media.  National or local. 

Vokey

1 hour ago, BigManSlim said:

Paul Azinger just hit on it.....The guys leading the Stokes gained category is terrible on Sundays.

22 hours ago, J13 said:

Yes a marshal.  Casey on an elevated tee box (like 20ft above) where the marshal was instructing another marshal on where his next station was.  He wasn't being overly loud just trying to do his job and not paying attention to the tee.  Keep in mind this happened a ton during the tournament based on the weird pinch point at this area of the golf course.  Every other tour player that came across this just said something like "guys we are about to tee off could you please keep it down" very politely and respectfully.  Casey lashed out and yelled at the marshals and embarrassed the hell out of them.  Really unprofessional and rude.  These are volunteers battling 107* temps in the sun working 8hr shifts.  Saw a few other rude situations with Casey and was disappointed.  Maybe he was having a bad go of it but it was noticeably bad compared to other players.

Totally would have thought that wasn’t in his his dna to be a jack@$$ like that 

thanks for sharing 

volunteers do make those events “go around” and it’s unfortunate that he treated that person that way 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

2 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Totally would have thought that wasn’t in his his dna to be a jack@$$ like that 

thanks for sharing 

volunteers do make those events “go around” and it’s unfortunate that he treated that person that way 

Happy to share and I hope Casey was just having a rough day and this isn't his normal behavior towards volunteers.  Everyone can be a bit snippy if you catch them on the wrong day so I'll give him benefit of the doubt.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

4 hours ago, Titleist99 said:

Paul Azinger just hit on it.....The guys leading the Stokes gained category is terrible on Sundays.

Yeah... Because BDC and Cantlay were both tied -21 at the end of 54 holes and were both tied -27 at the end of 72 holes, we're going to say that BDC is terrible on Sundays? 

Next time you shoot a -6 round, tell me how terrible you feel...

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

2 hours ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Yeah... Because BDC and Cantlay were both tied -21 at the end of 54 holes and were both tied -27 at the end of 72 holes, we're going to say that BDC is terrible on Sundays? 

Next time you shoot a -6 round, tell me how terrible you feel...

Dude...Just quoting Azinger. One steller Sunday does not make a great player. No need to bring my Sunday record into this.....I'm joking.