Unable to download video attachments

Embedded/inserted videos are landing on this page instead of being downloaded:

606362231_ScreenShot2021-08-26at1_41_15AM.png.bc891cdf5ae7a2fc3040d70c92599380.png

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

10 hours ago, Gxgolfer said:

Please link to post 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Bridgestone 

1 hour ago, Valtiel said:

The message in your first post appears when the page you're going to has been deleted.

When I view that thread in FIREFOX I see only a "sound bar". I click and hear only the sound but get no video.

It also appears when I view that same thread in CHROME I see a link named FullSizeRender.mov - when I click on it I get the same message you showed (We could not locate)

This seems to happen a lot with posters downloading content from their own computers (as opposed to linking to say, youtube). The linking to youtube works fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

4 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

The message in your first post appears when the page you're going to has been deleted.

When I view that thread in FIREFOX I see only a "sound bar". I click and hear only the sound but get no video.

It also appears when I view that same thread in CHROME I see a link named FullSizeRender.mov - when I click on it I get the same message you showed (We could not locate)

This seems to happen a lot with posters downloading content from their own computers (as opposed to linking to say, youtube). The linking to youtube works fine.

Thanks for the extra detail, I too always prefer youtube links. I've never had a problem downloading attached videos until the recent update though so hence posting. I've always had issues with Quicktime and videos only playing audio which is why I use VLC for this stuff. 

Bridgestone 

1 minute ago, Valtiel said:

Thanks for the extra detail, I too always prefer youtube links. I've never had a problem downloading attached videos until the recent update though so hence posting. I've always had issues with Quicktime and videos only playing audio which is why I use VLC for this stuff. 

The recent update ? As in over the past 5 days or so ? Hmmmm

I actually ran across this quite a while ago and managed to get it to play but I'll be darned if I remember the steps. :classic_laugh:

Sorry.

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

16 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

The recent update ? As in over the past 5 days or so ? Hmmmm

I actually ran across this quite a while ago and managed to get it to play but I'll be darned if I remember the steps. :classic_laugh:

Sorry.

I meant the error page, not the other bits. There was obviously some sort of update recently with the reputation stuff, notification sounds going away, embedding content, and likely other things. Hopefully just growing pains from a platform update. 

• Thanks 1

Bridgestone 

16 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

I meant the error page, not the other bits. There was obviously some sort of update recently with the reputation stuff, notification sounds going away, embedding content, and likely other things. Hopefully just growing pains from a platform update. 

Well, the error page is obvious. Click on something, the request goes to WRX and, as in "FullSizeRender.mov", they don't know the link so, error.

Now that you mention it someone else noticed the reputation points were gone. I never had audible notifications from WRX turned on so I haven't missed 'em. Dunno1.gif

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

That particular post has no content there to download. It is either incomplete or aborted. 

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

On 8/27/2021 at 5:52 AM, Gxgolfer said:

That particular post has no content there to download. It is either incomplete or aborted. 

Both posts? Same deal with this newest one:

Bridgestone 

21 hours ago, Gxgolfer said:

No issue with newest one. I see it playing In quote. Might be a browser setting. 

Hm, interesting. I never had an issue before but i'll look into that. 

Bridgestone 

On 8/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, Gxgolfer said:

No issue with newest one. I see it playing In quote. Might be a browser setting. 

I've tested this on multiple systems, OSX and Windows, and I get the same behavior regardless. I can download attachments from older threads just fine, like this one:

https://forums.golfwrx.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=515457

Thread: 

But I can not download this one ("We could not locate the item" error message)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=529525

Thread: 

I have messed with various security settings and such on Google Chrome with no effect. I basically have not been able to download any of these attached videos since after a certain date (last weekend?). 

Bridgestone 

Im getting the same thing, trying to download my own uploaded video takes me to "sorry this file is not found" page.  I workaround for now that I found is if I visit the forum on safari on my iPhone I am able to view the videos.  But chrome on OSX is not working.

Edited by reactive
typos
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, Gxgolfer said:

Same thing still happening here with @TheDeanAbides posting right after saying he can not download it either:

Bridgestone 

10 minutes ago, TheDeanAbides said:

It just appeared after 10 mins or so.

Appeared in the post itself or appeared as in you could download it? 

Can you you try following both these links and tell me what happens? The second one automatically triggers a download,  but the first produces the "could not located" error message:

forums.golfwrx.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=537251

forums.golfwrx.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=426712

Bridgestone 

42 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

Appeared in the post itself or appeared as in you could download it? 

Can you you try following both these links and tell me what happens? The second one automatically triggers a download,  but the first produces the "could not located" error message:

forums.golfwrx.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=537251 21.15 MB · 0 downloads

forums.golfwrx.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=426712 17.49 MB · 33 downloads

Same thing happens for me on those two link. 

21 minutes ago, TheDeanAbides said:

Same thing happens for me on those two link. 

Thanks, I emailed my partner those links and confirmed the same behavior from a completely different system, so i'd appreciate a check-in on whether or not this is being worked on from @Gxgolfer since this is pretty clearly not a "me" problem. 

Bridgestone 

Are trying to download or play?  Have you tried different browsers?  Seems to be a local security setting. 

The second link is definitely downloadable. If you can’t download it, then it’s probably a failed upload. 

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

On 9/8/2021 at 6:47 PM, Gxgolfer said:

Are trying to download or play?  Have you tried different browsers?  Seems to be a local security setting. 

The second link is definitely downloadable. If you can’t download it, then it’s probably a failed upload. 

Trying to download, that is the only option for me. And that is my point, the second link is downloadable because it was uploaded before this recent website update. Every single upload I have seen since has a "0 Download" count under it and returns that error page. 

Bridgestone 

What device, OS and browser. Those are both uploaded videos and I can see and play them. No download option shows. Just play. And verified the files are there. 

08BFB78C-78F4-43A1-835A-D5F50CC8CD30.png

BST AD Help

3 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Trying to download, that is the only option for me. And that is my point, the second link is downloadable because it was uploaded before this recent website update. Every single upload I have seen since has a "0 Download" count under it and returns that error page. 

Firstly you/we have to realize that it's taking hours and days between posts and nobody(?) remembers the issue(s) clearly and we end up talking past each other.

Upload ? Download ? Play ? What ?

Anyway, let's forget all the earlier posts for now and concentrate on this post of yours I'm quoting. You ARE having issues with the videos in that linked post, yes ?

So what EXACTLY do YOU see ?

When *I* click on that link, in the very first post, I see FOUR consecutive videos,,,,,,,,

The FIRST TWO are youtube videos - with which there doesn't seem to be any problem(s), correct ? I see "pictures", I click on them and they play.  Does that NOT work for you ? Do YOU need to "download(?)" ? Or can you just click on them and they just play ?

The LAST TWO are uploads to WRX by the user. Unlike some other uploads by users where I see just a "bar" (like HERE---> https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1831098-starting-to-lose-distance-and-struggling-with-strike-missing-on-the-toe/ ) *I* can see picture for BOTH of them and, when I click on them they just play (no downloading to my PC, then play) - exactly the same as the youtube videos..

What do THEY look like to you ? Can you NOT "click and play" them ? Can you see an image ? If not, what do you see ? :classic_wink:

Titleist Pro V1X

9 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Firstly you/we have to realize that it's taking hours and days between posts and nobody(?) remembers the issue(s) clearly and we end up talking past each other.

Upload ? Download ? Play ? What ?

Anyway, let's forget all the earlier posts for now and concentrate on this post of yours I'm quoting. You ARE having issues with the videos in that linked post, yes ?

So what EXACTLY do YOU see ?

When *I* click on that link, in the very first post, I see FOUR consecutive videos,,,,,,,,

The FIRST TWO are youtube videos - with which there doesn't seem to be any problem(s), correct ? I see "pictures", I click on them and they play.  Does that NOT work for you ? Do YOU need to "download(?)" ? Or can you just click on them and they just play ?

The LAST TWO are uploads to WRX by the user. Unlike some other uploads by users where I see just a "bar" (like HERE---> https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1831098-starting-to-lose-distance-and-struggling-with-strike-missing-on-the-toe/ ) *I* can see picture for BOTH of them and, when I click on them they just play (no downloading to my PC, then play) - exactly the same as the youtube videos..

What do THEY look like to you ? Can you NOT "click and play" them ? Can you see an image ? If not, what do you see ? :classic_wink:

Thanks for jumping in. The YouTube videos were edited in after I made the post so those were not taken into account. In Google Chrome on both OSX and Windows 10, this is what I see:

WRXScreenshot.PNG.ed2fcb252afa0d2fabb2fda5a3b8f167.PNG

Prior to the YouTube videos being embedded, the "FullSizeRender.mov" attachments were all that was with the post. Clicking them leads to the error page. In the past, clicking these links triggered an automatic browser download, and still does for older posts with attached videos like this. I do not see a video that can be played, just the attachments. 

Bridgestone 

Can you link the specific post?  It looks like the browser is trying to download web links or recognizing failed uploads. 

BST AD Help

1 hour ago, Gxgolfer said:

Can you link the specific post?  It looks like the browser is trying to download web links or recognizing failed uploads. 

It's this one - https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1834084-bit-confused-about-my-sequencing-vids/

Strangely(?) enough, when I just now clicked on it, as the page was loading, the 3rd and 4th videos, the 2 Valtiel is describing as "FullSizeRender.mov" (& clicking gives the error page), briefly showed as the control bar with nothing above it - UNTIL the page completed loading. Then I DID see the user uploaded video and it worked fine.

So I wonder if Valtiel's page, for some reason, doesn't always load completely. Perhaps that's my problem here (following link) ? In FIREFOX, all I see here is the control bar and nothing above it (pic below) - https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1831098-starting-to-lose-distance-and-struggling-with-strike-missing-on-the-toe/

FIREFOX is the first one below.

NOTE - The SAME post, in CHROME, is the 2nd screenshot, and shows the same as Valtiel's.

NOTE#2 - I should point out that the example below is from 8/25, BEFORE the latest WRX update and the videos described in the beginning of my post ABOVE are from AFTER the WRX update.

Firefox

533877069_WRXBlankviceo.png.96f1b021d7ca8a6fcbaed3d99c0ed018.png

Chrome

195051388_WRXFullSizeRender.png.19a09b38dddc1d9ec0a68c994cb9780f.png

• Thanks 1

Titleist Pro V1X

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found a solution for this? I experience this exact issue with every embedded .mov and have just ignored it for quite some time. Now it's a bit frustrating but I don't see a fix. It happens on both of my computers (Windows and Mac) regardless of the browser (Chrome, IE/Edge, Safari).

On 10/17/2021 at 6:00 AM, johnrobison said:

Has anyone found a solution for this? I experience this exact issue with every embedded .mov and have just ignored it for quite some time. Now it's a bit frustrating but I don't see a fix. It happens on both of my computers (Windows and Mac) regardless of the browser (Chrome, IE/Edge, Safari).

The only solution/workaround that I have found, which works occasionally, is browsing on my phone. Some videos that appear only as attachment links on my multiple desktops will appear as playable embedded videos on my phone. Other times they appear as broken video playback icons, no real rhyme or reason that I have found yet. 

Bridgestone 

• 5 months later...

Just following up on this as there are still many videos that I can never access regardless of workarounds on multiple devices. I'll get the crossed out "play" icon on my phone in addition to the general "We could not located the item" page. I did some page inspecting with Google Chrome and notice something that may be useful to pass on to any developers:

163634651_ScreenShot2022-03-31at2_21_41PM.png.6627483745fecd06e050e788cb5a4285.png

249950244_ScreenShot2022-03-31at2_24_15PM.png.923d59541f21695ce130724aeedf9ed9.png

That top screenshot is a link to the URL for an attachment that can not be downloaded and will not play on my phone, while the bottom screenshot is one that can be both downloaded and viewed. This is clearly also being reflected in the icon counters...

1930104288_ScreenShot2022-03-31at2_29_55PM.png.0d0e028191bd5fc2690dc7157a60139f.png
373631896_ScreenShot2022-03-31at2_30_08PM.png.e52abd75dab34c4b4dad7d05ef668b81.png

...which show that the first attachment has been downloaded by no one and the second has been downloaded many times, suggesting something is clearly broken here. There is a key attached to the end of the working download link (key=d60a3f6a394beae11e18163ccf745266) that is absent from the nonworking one. I've checked this across several posts and this is consistent; attachments that have been downloaded as indicated by the counter have a key and ones that haven't do not. 

Here is a link to the thread with the nonworking attachment:

And the one with a working attachment:

Edited by Valtiel

Bridgestone