2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Wedge Trip Live @ The Kingdom! Follow Along HERE!

4 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

I know, closed toed shoes are a horrible thing! Didn't have enough room in the bag to pack the trusty sandals! But @madeinguam81 and I both rock the same brand of sandals, OluKai are the best out there!

Sandal bros for life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G425 Max Driver
Ping G430 Max 3 and 5 Wood

Cobra RAD Speed 4 Hybrid 
Srixon ZX5, 5i-PW  
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 - 50, 55, 60
Odyssey 2Ball TEN Tour-Lined, White Hot insert

Crazy question maybe, but I’m curious: do participants in events like this get 1099’d on the value of the experience? 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

Just now, me05501 said:

Crazy question maybe, but I’m curious: do participants in events like this get 1099’d on the value of the experience? 

What experience?  Is this the IRS?  You’re a customer and can take gifts.  Do you get 1099d when a vendor at work takes you to lunch, a ball game or to an experience?  No.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond- 8* Ventus TR Black 6X
TM Stealth 2 Plus - 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Titleist U505- 2 Iron Hzrdous Black 6.5
PXG GEN 5 Tour - 4-PW LA Golf 120 S
Artisan Hand Grind- 50, 55, 60 DG TI S400
Tyson Lamb- Bridgeport Custom

4 minutes ago, agadawg17171 said:

What experience?  Is this the IRS?  You’re a customer and can take gifts.  Do you get 1099d when a vendor at work takes you to lunch, a ball game or to an experience?  No.

Definitely not the IRS! Just crossed my mind. Your examples don’t cross $600 which is the threshold for generating a 1099. 

Edited by me05501
  • Like 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

11 minutes ago, me05501 said:

Definitely not the IRS! Just crossed my mind. Your examples don’t cross $600 which is the threshold for generating a 1099. 

Let’s stay on topic.  Pretty sure you can find a CPA thread elsewhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, agadawg17171 said:

Let’s stay on topic.  Pretty sure you can find a CPA thread elsewhere.

That’s fine, seems like I’ve got my answer anyway. 

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

4 hours ago, knudson81 said:

I know, closed toed shoes are a horrible thing! Didn't have enough room in the bag to pack the trusty sandals! But @madeinguam81 and I both rock the same brand of sandals, OluKai are the best out there!

so confining..lol

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, agadawg17171 said:

I know we’ve posted a lot of of pics and notes on all the cool stuff we saw but I wanted to get into the time I get to spend with the MG3’s and a little about how I hope they change my game.  I range from a 2-5 handicap depending on time of the year and what kind of tinkering I’m doing.  I have played the game for about 25 years.  I’ve always had pretty good hands which is a blessing and a curse for a short game.  My missed is normally always fat and on the toe.  My current wedge setup is below.

-Vokey SM8’s

46F Bent to 45.  Steel Fiber 110 S straight in.

50/12F w/Modus 125 Wedge Shaft

54/12D bent to 55 w/Modus 125 Wedge Shaft.

60/12 D Modus 125 Wedge

I’m a 100% club ho and try just about every wedge that comes out.  Over the years I’ve played them all.  But I’m the end I go back to Vokey.  They’re consistent and I like the more classic look.  The MG3’s grabbed my eye as soon as I saw them on the forums for the first time.  Then I got to see one in person at PGA SS and was even more intrigued.  They just looked so good!!!  The shapes were traditional with a incredible lines.  I knew right away I wanted to try them.  I actually had a fitting scheduled until I got the email that I was selected for this experience. Once I got the email I knew I had to make it happen!  After hitting a few balls with my current gamers Greg put the MG3’s in my hand.  These wedges are 🔥🔥.  My spin was up.  The descent angle of the ball was better as well.  The ball flight was great.  But the thing that impressed me the most was the turf interaction.  These wedges glide through the turf and do not dig!  The CG and weighting has been moved up and out of the heel which makes them feel much more balanced and stable through the shot.  The sound and feel is also much improved over the MG2.  I’ve always wanted a wedge with higher bounce that sits flat on ground at address.  Greg and his team have made that happen without having to get a custom grind which is $$$ and tough to get your hands on It allowed my to hit a bigger variety of shots especially with my 54.  After running them through the gauntlet on the range we went to the short game area.  Things got even better down there!  We took a few different bounce options and my gamers and dialed things in.  The chip shots were drop and stop from a variety of conditions.  Again the sole set perfectly behind the ball for my eyes and glided through the turf without digging.  Even on Mis hits the ball was still close to the intended landing area.  I was very impressed.  At that point I was pretty much sold but wanted to try it in the bunkers.  Took the 60 into the bunkers and started with short shots to a tucked pin.  I was able to get the ball up quick over about a 4ft lip and onto the green.  When the balls hit the green they had a controlled spin and very little roll out past my target.  After the bunker work I knew I wanted them no matter the price!  

The combo i went with is below.

46 bent to 45 with steel fiber 110 CW

50, 54.-64

bounce with Modus 125 Wedge

Went 1* Flat and 1/4” long.  Can’t wait to get them in hand and will post more.  Please ask anything I may have missed!

What bounce did you go with on 54 and 60?

1 hour ago, HuskerDevil_1 said:

What bounce did you go with on 54 and 60?

I went High Bounce on both.  54/13 and 60/12.  The thing that impressed me the most was that even with the high bounce they still sit low to the ground at address.  Normally the high bounce wedges have a high center on the sole.  The MG3’s do not.

12 hours ago, drvrwdge said:

ok.... First off the subjectivity part....

Hope I addressed everything, let me know if not. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I recently experimented with a "set gap wedge" rather than a wedge gap wedge. I think that was a bad move, as the set gap wedge feels less solid, less responsive, less workable than the wedge gap wedge. Could definitely tell the set gap wedge was more for retaining ball speeds across the face and launching the ball high. Not what I need or want from a gap wedge. So now I'm thinking I may need to experiment in the opposite direction as you have... with a wedge pitching wedge. Definitely interested in trying the TM MG3 46 now. I just saw one in my fitters bag. Will try next Wednesday on a Trackman outdoors on real grass and will let you know! Thanks for the info!

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

5 hours ago, agadawg17171 said:

I know we’ve posted a lot of of pics and notes on all the cool stuff we saw but I wanted to get into the time I get to spend with the MG3’s and a little about how I hope they change my game.  I range from a 2-5 handicap depending on time of the year and what kind of tinkering I’m doing.  I have played the game for about 25 years.  I’ve always had pretty good hands which is a blessing and a curse for a short game.  My missed is normally always fat and on the toe.  My current wedge setup is below.

-Vokey SM8’s

60/12 D Modus 125 Wedge

I’m a 100% club ho and try just about every wedge that comes out.  Over the years I’ve played them all.  But I’m the end I go back to Vokey.  They’re consistent and I like the more classic look.  The MG3’s grabbed my eye as soon as I saw them on the forums for the first time.  Then I got to see one in person at PGA SS and was even more intrigued.  They just looked so good!!!  The shapes were traditional with a incredible lines.  I knew right away I wanted to try them.  I actually had a fitting scheduled until I got the email that I was selected for this experience. Once I got the email I knew I had to make it happen!  After hitting a few balls with my current gamers Greg put the MG3’s in my hand.  These wedges are 🔥🔥.  My spin was up.  The descent angle of the ball was better as well.  The ball flight was great.  But the thing that impressed me the most was the turf interaction.  These wedges glide through the turf and do not dig!  The CG and weighting has been moved up and out of the heel which makes them feel much more balanced and stable through the shot.  The sound and feel is also much improved over the MG2.  I’ve always wanted a wedge with higher bounce that sits flat on ground at address.  Greg and his team have made that happen without having to get a custom grind which is $$$ and tough to get your hands on It allowed my to hit a bigger variety of shots especially with my 54.  After running them through the gauntlet on the range we went to the short game area.  Things got even better down there!  We took a few different bounce options and my gamers and dialed things in.  The chip shots were drop and stop from a variety of conditions.  Again the sole set perfectly behind the ball for my eyes and glided through the turf without digging.  Even on Mis hits the ball was still close to the intended landing area.  I was very impressed.  At that point I was pretty much sold but wanted to try it in the bunkers.  Took the 60 into the bunkers and started with short shots to a tucked pin.  I was able to get the ball up quick over about a 4ft lip and onto the green.  When the balls hit the green they had a controlled spin and very little roll out past my target.  After the bunker work I knew I wanted them no matter the price!  

50, 54.-64

Went 1* Flat and 1/4” long.  Can’t wait to get them in hand and will post more.  Please ask anything I may have missed!

So you are waiting to get them, I thought they would build them on site for you. They did for us on the Sldr trip and we had them in the bag that afternoon for our round. 

9 minutes ago, Doc420 said:

So you are waiting to get them, I thought they would build them on site for you. They did for us on the Sldr trip and we had them in the bag that afternoon for our round. 

They’re being built and sent to us.  They were building drivers on-site if you wanted to fit and purchase but the wedges will be built in Carlsbad.

20 minutes ago, Doc420 said:

Wedges or a driver? Drivers are easy to build on site. 

Ping G425 Max Driver

Cobra RAD Speed 4 Hybrid 
Srixon ZX5, 5i-PW  

On 9/2/2021 at 4:14 AM, TaylorMade Golf said:

Looks like a great couple of days was had by all. Thanks for making the time guys and hope you enjoyed the experience at Reynolds, East Lake and also with Greg and those lovely MG3s.

They hit retail this Friday 9/3. 😉

Do you have any idea when they will go on sale in Japan (and which of the major retailers will be carrying them)? Also, the price? The 56* LB-08 in particular has my name on it, but the when I click the link on TM Japanese site for more information about the new release, I get a message telling me the site has encountered a technical problem.

14 hours ago, agadawg17171 said:

-Vokey SM8’s

60/12 D Modus 125 Wedge

50/8, 54/13, 60/12

I’ve been eyeballing these, never played TM wedges before but these look really great.  Simple and clean, not a lot going on graphically which I prefer.  Like you my miss is fat and on the toe so love your review!

went to TM website and built a couple, pricing is similar to other wedges in this soace.  Bummed I could get a regular DGS400, only option is the TI for an additional $25…oh well not the end of the world.  Expected ship date though April 2022 😳.  Not a big deal, season is almost over anyway and I’ll probably still grab some for next season!

Great review and pics, thank you!

Edited by Bigjim1022
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bigjim1022 said:

I’ve been eyeballing these, never played TM wedges before but these look really great.  Simple and clean, not a lot going on graphically which I prefer.  Like you my miss is fat and on the toe so love your review!

went to TM website and built a couple, pricing is similar to other wedges in this soace.  Bummed I could get a regular DGS400, only option is the TI for an additional $25…oh well not the end of the world.  Expected ship date though April 2022 😳.  Not a big deal, season is almost over anyway and I’ll probably still grab some for next season!

Great review and pics, thank you!

The lead time may be because of the components.  Try shifting around even the grip combos and see if that helps.  Shafts, grips etc are a huge issue for the manufacturers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, agadawg17171 said:

I went High Bounce on both.  54/13 and 60/12.  The thing that impressed me the most was that even with the high bounce they still sit low to the ground at address.  Normally the high bounce wedges have a high center on the sole.  The MG3’s do not.

Are you normally a high bounce guy? Steep or shallow......... Just curious.

4 minutes ago, bd59 said:

Are you normally a high bounce guy? Steep or shallow......... Just curious.

Yes I am.  I also play on Bermuda and Zoysia fairways which tend to be a softer and grab the club more.  So the extra bounce helps there as well. To me you angle of attack is the most important and what style of grass you normally play on is also a big deciding factor.  

• Like 1

I'm pumped for the new 46 degree.  While I love my ZX5s, the set PW isn't as versatile as my wedges.  Looking down at a MG3 46 will instill confidence knowing that I'm hitting a "scoring club."  I also look forward to playing it around the greens where there's more runway to the hole whereas before, I would stop at my 50 degree.  

Ping G425 Max Driver

Cobra RAD Speed 4 Hybrid 
Srixon ZX5, 5i-PW  

22 hours ago, agadawg17171 said:

-Vokey SM8’s

60/12 D Modus 125 Wedge

50/8, 54/13, 60/12

I assume the SB 60 leading edge sits very low to the ground as well? I always went LB TM 60 but it would dig a little. Thinking of going to the SB if the leading edge stays nice and low when open 

6 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

I assume the SB 60 leading edge sits very low to the ground as well? I always went LB TM 60 but it would dig a little. Thinking of going to the SB if the leading edge stays nice and low when open 

Yes all the wedges seemed to sit pretty low to the ground.  I would go with the highest bounce you can stand.  It’s always nice to have a little bailout room on it.

I posted this in another thread but felt it was relevant to add here. I still haven’t had a chance to work on my “after action report” but I promise that I’ll get to it as soon as I can. I’ve been swamped at work and now I’m catch up after going to Atlanta earlier in the week (TOTALLY worth it).

MG3s are the real deal. TM did a fantastic job with these wedges. The assortment of grinds is about perfect for a retail offering (I’ve tried them ALL on grass, not mats). Once you find the grind that is right for you it’s game on.

To this point I’ve tried just about every wedge offering out there with few exceptions and had a HUGE variety in my bag over the years. Probably more than most since I replace my wedges at least once a year, sometimes twice. There has always been something about my set of wedges that I wasn’t totally happy with but lived with knowing that I’d either adjust or go with something different next time.

I’ll admit right now that I’m going to be a rare exception here but I just had the phenomenal privilege of being fit for my new MG3s by Greg Cesario at one of the Kingdom facilities last week. Greg was one of the key guys behind the development of the MG3 and he works with their tour pros on wedge fittings. Being fit by Greg for a set of MG3s is the equivalent of getting fit by Bob for a set of Vokey’s (only with Greg, you get a better wedge😜).

Anyway… once you have the right grind in your hand these are like cheating. Greg did a great job on the sole of these and the turf interaction is like nothing I’ve experienced before. The relief is in all of the right places and the camber helps the sole glide through without grabbing. Obviously this is a huge confidence booster and I found myself getting much more aggressive on shots than I was prior to the fitting.

One of my big hesitations going in was the cast nature of the MG3. I’ve long been a proponent of forged clubs, especially wedges. This has far less to do with perceived performance and/or feel and more to do with the fact that I really don’t like bending cast clubs. The jury is still out on this one as I have yet to put an MG3 in my Mitchell but the TM team assured me that I shouldn’t have an issue, especially since I really only move my wedges up to 1.5’ in any one direction (loft or lie). 

Since I mentioned feel earlier I’ll add that I hit both the satin and the black wedges and the satin wedges did have a slightly more muted sound and thus, a softer feel. Greg explained that was due to the heat treatment that the black wedges get to give them their black color. As some of you will undoubtedly remember from your high school metals classes, heat treatments will generally alter the properties of metal enough to result in a slightly harder material. The difference is subtle but if you’re sensitive to a softer feel (nearly 20y of gaming Miura’s will do that to you), it’s noticeable when you hit them side by side.

Edited by rebby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread