Srixon ZX7 vs 2021 Titleist T100S

hypergolf

Resurrecting this. Any more comparisons between t100 and Zx7?

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

I own(ed) both. I stuck with the 7s. Better feel for me by a large margin. There is something about the T100s in the long irons that just doesn't feel right. Also I found the 7s more forgiving overall. T100s do look better and are smaller. Turf interaction was basically a push but if I had to give a nod it would be to the 7s as well since my swing gets steep but the Titleist is very good with the new sole design. It really gets through the turf well and does not dig.

Does the zx5 deserve to be in the conversation when comparing to the titleist?

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

12 minutes ago, ob1soccer said:

Does the zx5 deserve to be in the conversation when comparing to the titleist?

I played ZX5s last year and currently play T100. In my opinion, they are very different, and don't really compare at all. The ZX5 are much larger, have a much wider sole, and the lofts and tech, make them play opposite in many ways. Maybe the T100S would be different, but I doubt it. Both are AWESOME sets, but are really geared at different types of players. To be clear, I don't mean different handicaps, I think both sets can be played by just about anyone, but launch conditions, spin, peak height, serve different audiences. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:11 PM, hwwong said:

wow, crazy the t100s actually went higher than the t100?!

I’ve seen that quite a bit in fittings.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

I played ZX5s last year and currently play T100. In my opinion, they are very different, and don't really compare at all. The ZX5 are much larger, have a much wider sole, and the lofts and tech, make them play opposite in many ways. Maybe the T100S would be different, but I doubt it. Both are AWESOME sets, but are really geared at different types of players. To be clear, I don't mean different handicaps, I think both sets can be played by just about anyone, but launch conditions, spin, peak height, serve different audiences. 

ok good to know, thanks. What Titleist iron would u say is comparable to the zx5?

i cant believe how forgiving the zx5 is for how good it feels, amazing

3 minutes ago, Jim E said:

Zx5 maybe even between t200 and t300?

I ordered T100 but I actually preferred the zx5 over zx7 when I tried Srixon.

why do u like the x5 over the x7. I own the 565/765 combo but havent tried out the x7 yet to compare

18 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

I own(ed) both. I stuck with the 7s. Better feel for me by a large margin. There is something about the T100s in the long irons that just doesn't feel right. Also I found the 7s more forgiving overall. T100s do look better and are smaller. Turf interaction was basically a push but if I had to give a nod it would be to the 7s as well since my swing gets steep but the Titleist is very good with the new sole design. It really gets through the turf well and does not dig.

I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on the ZX7s last season.  I tend to dig a bit and I think they would fit me much better than the NewLevel PF-2s I have terms of turf interaction.  Reading a lot of comments on the srixons make me think they would be perfect.  I did hit them indoors when I got fit and liked them a lot but didn't get to try out the turf interaction.  I do love the feel of my PF-2s but I have dreams at night about the v-sole on the srixon....  Might have to get myself an Xmas present and sell the PF-2s

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ob1soccer said:

why do u like the x5 over the x7. I own the 565/765 combo but havent tried out the x7 yet to compare

I thought the zx5 was so easy to hit. Felt really soft also. Zx7 didn’t feel that great imo and wasn’t as forgiving as I would expect from a thicker top line iron. Could’ve been the shaft combination. 

21 minutes ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

I’ve just done a test batch of Z-forged (which I realize is not available lefty unfortunately) vs T100S 2019 (bent weak) vs Zx7. I thought the ZX7 would be the most forgiving of the bunch but honestly the rankings would be:

Feel: Z Forged > ZX7 = T100S

Forgiveness: T100S (by an incredibly small margin) > ZX7= ZForged (for my swing no difference which I was surprised at. Maybe a TINY difference in 4i)

Looks (bag appeal): ZForged > Zx7 > T100S

Looks (address): T100S (look more like blades than ZF) > ZForged > ZX7

Turf interaction: T100S = ZForged (surprised) > ZX7 (don’t love the sole width)

I found the T100S to be quicker and more consistent for distance than ZX7 as ZX7 can get a bit nuclear on certain shots. The long irons especially can come out low and just absolutely sail. The ZForged spins more than both and flies higher. Overall, even though I love Srixon and played the 745 on and off for two years, I would never choose the ZX7 over the T100s or the z forged. Both are much superior irons in my books. 

Wow thank you for the write up and category rankings. I have a set of 2021 t100 coming to compare against Zx7 and I’ll do a similar write up after I take them both to a grass range and play a few rounds at my home course with a few of the same irons of both. I am surprised the t100s is more forgiving than Zx7 and that is a positive because they do look so good by the ball. 

• Like 1

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

2 hours ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

I’ve just done a test batch of Z-forged (which I realize is not available lefty unfortunately) vs T100S 2019 (bent weak) vs Zx7. I thought the ZX7 would be the most forgiving of the bunch but honestly the rankings would be:

Feel: Z Forged > ZX7 = T100S

Forgiveness: T100S (by an incredibly small margin) > ZX7= ZForged (for my swing no difference which I was surprised at. Maybe a TINY difference in 4i)

Looks (bag appeal): ZForged > Zx7 > T100S

Looks (address): T100S (look more like blades than ZF) > ZForged > ZX7

Turf interaction: T100S = ZForged (surprised) > ZX7 (don’t love the sole width)

I found the T100S to be quicker and more consistent for distance than ZX7 as ZX7 can get a bit nuclear on certain shots. The long irons especially can come out low and just absolutely sail. The ZForged spins more than both and flies higher. Overall, even though I love Srixon and played the 745 on and off for two years, I would never choose the ZX7 over the T100s or the z forged. Both are much superior irons in my books. 

I've been playing the ZX7 all year and just got fit and put an order in for T100, and definitely agree with this whole summary in my experience. Especially what you mention about forgiveness, turf interaction, and spin/distance/consistency particularly with long iron bombers. ZX7 feel great and can be terrific clubs if they're right for you. Don't want anyone to think otherwise. 

• Like 1

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

Just did this comparison at home. I am currently not as steep of a player and have been gaming the ZX7 this year. Recently changed shafts in the ZX7 (KBS $-taper stiff/120) and tried that shaft combo in a T100S during my fitting. Recently ended up just ordering a t100S 7i with this KBS shaft to play around with as I did like it during my shaft fitting.

I was actually amazed at the results. This was my indoor comparison with a ZX7 vs 2021 t100S 7iron. Threw out a few bad swings from each. For me, the t100s is the better feeling and performing club. i actually preferred the look of the t100s and the ZX7 looked bigger and chunkier to me after I was hitting both. I striked the ball better with the t100S more times. Also the t100s combo felt a bit lighter in the head and the felt like a nicer weight combo. (This could come down to total swing weight differences). I was seeing a lower spin this day and was using an old and worn out ball. Swing speed was around 86mph. AoA was around 2-2.5down on average.

I will redo the test in a few days with a brand new high spinning ball to see if there was any difference. 

10801D1E-FA00-4D96-8D13-E9FEC4663E55.jpeg

Edited by maximusppl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WITB:

Woods: Ping G430 LST, Ping G430Max 3w, Ping G430 3Hybrid (20°) / Titleist T200 2iron

Irons: 2023 Titleist T150 (6-GW), T200 (4-5)

Wedges: 54D12°, 60M08° Wedges

Putter: SC Newport 2.5+ 34"

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I tried the ZX7, T100s and i59 at the range.  I was torn between the i59 and T100s.  Went with the Titleist due to the price difference.  The i59 in power spec probably would have been really good too.  For whatever reason the ZX7 didn’t work for me.  

• Thanks 1

Ping G30 Tour AD DI
Ping G25 3 wood VTS Silver
Ping i25 KBS Tour
Vokey 54, 58
Cameron fastback

On 8/29/2021 at 10:11 PM, Nevek said:

Also prefer the the ZX7 over the T100s.

My biggest issue with the new T100 and the T100s is, that Titleist is focusing to hard to create the ultimate tour iron and pushed the T100 closer to the 620 MB/CB market.

Having played all three, the T100s don’t play like the 620 MB/CB at all. If anything I think the T100 is the most played iron on all tours because it doesn’t play like the 620 line.

The T100 is noticeable more forgiving, feels as good, if not better, yet combines all the workability one would need. Titleist’s marketing is spot on and I’ve found each of their claims to be accurate, and these clubs are playable by both your players and weekend warriors.  

Why does it seem every players iron is compared to the ZX7?

Another question; how important is look? Size of top line? Length of blade? Offset? 
Is it more important than performance? Would you choose an iron’s look over performance?

I play ZX7 because I (personally) have had great success with Srixon irons. Do I think there are “better” looking irons? Absolutely! But I would never use an iron because it looked even marginally better without better performance. 
Now as for my experience with the ZX7. I find distance control excellent through out the bag. I am not a picker and find the sole to be perfect for me. One reason I use the irons is the sole. Now as for forgiveness, I find the ZX7 to be extremely forgiving on thin shots. They don’t feel good hit thin but the results I get is amazing for me and important since that is my miss. YMMV. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Double Dodger said:

Another question; how important is look? Size of top line? Length of blade? Offset? 
Is it more important than performance? Would you choose an iron’s look over performance?

I play ZX7 because I (personally) have had great success with Srixon irons. Do I think there are “better” looking irons? Absolutely! But I would never use an iron because it looked even marginally better without better performance. 
Now as for my experience with the ZX7. I find distance control excellent through out the bag. I am not a picker and find the sole to be perfect for me. One reason I use the irons is the sole. Now as for forgiveness, I find the ZX7 to be extremely forgiving on thin shots. They don’t feel good hit thin but the results I get is amazing for me and important since that is my miss. YMMV. 

I think ZX7s became a benchmark because the combination of unexpected great looks, Endo forged amazingness, and performance that is in line with the best of Srixons heritage. Throw in just enough tech to help the mid/high handicap and precision performance to meet the demands of mid/low handicaps and you have a near perfect package. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Double Dodger said:

Some people can ignore looks for performance. 

for me and many others, how it looks totally affects how they perform because of my ability to put a good swing on it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fjk said:

Some people can ignore looks for performance. 

for me and many others, how it looks totally affects how they perform because of my ability to put a good swing on it. 

I agree. I feel more confident over a smaller head for som reason. I also like the way the t100 flows from hosel to the face of the club. Not sure what it is. I don’t feel the sweet spot is any smaller on the t100 than it is on most GI irons. If the face hits the ball with a bladed type iron it will be closer to the sweet spot than it would be with a big GI irons massive face. False sense of security 😀Just my thoughts anyways.

Edited by Jim E
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jim E said:

I agree. I feel more confident over a smaller head for som reason. I also like the way the t100 flows from hosel to the face of the club. Not sure what it is. I don’t feel the sweet spot is any smaller on the t100 than it is on most GI irons. If the face hits the ball with a bladed type iron it will be closer to the sweet spot than it would be with a big GI irons massive face. False sense of security 😀Just my thoughts anyways.

Agree and kind of preferred that in this test. I felt like I HAD to put a better swing on it and when I did, results were better and the misses weren’t far off. I also appreciate the feedback on Miss hits. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Woods: Ping G430 LST, Ping G430Max 3w, Ping G430 3Hybrid (20°) / Titleist T200 2iron

Irons: 2023 Titleist T150 (6-GW), T200 (4-5)

Wedges: 54D12°, 60M08° Wedges

Putter: SC Newport 2.5+ 34"

Ball: Titleist Prov1

8 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

I found the zx7 long irons easier to hit then the t100s. Also zx7 sole went through the turf better for me when I get steep. T100s looked better/smaller.  Both great irons depending on your swing 

I thought the same thing. Started looking at the T100 but felt the ZX7 comparable. 

What's in the bag:

Driver: Taylormade M1 8.5 w/ HZRDUS Yellow 6.5

Fairway Wood: Sim Max 3w w/ HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5

Irons: Taylormade P7MC 4-P w/ DG X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 set (50/54/58) w/ DG S400

Putter: Scotty Mil Spec 

Very interesting comparisons and feedback from everyone…thanks for these thoughts!

I haven’t tested the T100 or T100s irons, but this thread makes me want to give them a swing.

I’ve been gaming a ZX5/ZX7 combo set for the 2nd half of the season, and I absolutely love them. Also owned Z785’s, TM P770’s (‘17), P790, and TM Tour Preferred MC/MB (‘14) over the last 20mths, and of all those ZX7’s have been by far the best for me.

Love their feel, control, looks, forgiveness etc, and they’re the best irons I’ve ever hit. I actually had the ZX5 in 4-iron, 5-iron, and 6-Iron, but preferred the accuracy and control of the ZX7 6-iron, and will most likely replace the ZX5 5-iron with a ZX7 as well.

At the end of the day, everyone has their own individual preferences and you have to use what’s best for you. I’ll check out the T100s sometime when I get a chance though.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I have recently been fit for Srixon ZX7 irons Project X LZ 6.0 and went back and forth comparing T100s and ZX7 since September testing them in Club Champion a handful of times. What I gathered and why I ultimately went ZX7 was the consistency and dispersion ZX7 was the same over and over and over so consistent. Both felt amazing but would give ZX7 a slight edge. The long irons are another reason why I went ZX7 they are so easy to hit. 

Can't go wrong with either looks wise its total personal preference - yes, T100 is smaller and thinner but ZX7 hold up looks wise as well.     

• 2 months later...

Trying to make this same decision right now... hit both on trackman, numbers almost identical, touch more spin in ZX7 (7100) and touch less with T100S (6800-6900)... I cant decide which ones to get! 

Srixon's minimal upcharge on X100 has me wanting to lean that way... 

any updated comparisons or feedback between the two?! 

Thanks! 

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

I had a set of the new t100s and really thought they felt and performed great WHEN you hit the middle of the clubface, miss it by a little and the distance loss was huge for me.

Now gaming ZX5/ 7 combo and think they feel just as good go just as far but give me better dispersion and less loss on the miss hits. The consistency on a lm is just unreal with the Srixons. Both sets had LZ 6.0s

As far as the new t200. Hit them and thought they were just aweful in feel and sound.

Edited by 755

2 hours ago, 2012BFT said:

Trying to make this same decision right now... hit both on trackman, numbers almost identical, touch more spin in ZX7 (7100) and touch less with T100S (6800-6900)... I cant decide which ones to get! 

Srixon's minimal upcharge on X100 has me wanting to lean that way... 

any updated comparisons or feedback between the two?! 

Thanks! 

Near 7000 rpm spin with a 7 iron? 🤔

• Like 1