Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/30/2021 at 7:49 AM, ProjectX said:

Went for an iron fitting this weekend to see if there was anything that could beat out my current ZX7s and there wasn't. If I was going to make a change I wanted something that launched higher and spun more than my ZX7s but the new T100s did not fit the bill. Also my stock shot is a draw and the T100s seemed to want to turn a bit further left than the ZX7s. That said I also preferred the look and feel of the ZX7s. Overall I felt the T100 was good not great. I would've ranked it fourth...ZX7, i210, x-forged, T100, Apex Pro is how I would order them. I also hit the PXG Gen4 O311T which looked and felt great but I ranked dead last because it doesn't spin at all. Was between 5000-5500 with the 6 iron on everything, PXG was 3800-4200 going 230 yards total. I just don't see how that would fit anybody. 

I had nearly the same experience. I actually wanted the T100S's to work for me and they just didn't. If came down to the P770 and ZX7s and the ZX7s were the winners. I have played the ZX5s which are great, but I wanted a change. Just couldn't make it happen. I"m going to end up with 4-5 ZX5 and 6-PW ZX7. I just hope Srixon doesn't release a new version with thinner topline!!

• 1 month later...

Hi. Any feedback would be appreciated. Currently playing ZX7's with standard specs but looking at t100s. I'm debating on buying a t100s 7 iron and getting the same specs as the ZX7's to try to see if I like (or hit better) My question is...are the t100s standard lie angel more upright than the Srixon's standard lie angle? Thanks

7 hours ago, Dave342 said:

Hi. Any feedback would be appreciated. Currently playing ZX7's with standard specs but looking at t100s. I'm debating on buying a t100s 7 iron and getting the same specs as the ZX7's to try to see if I like (or hit better) My question is...are the t100s standard lie angel more upright than the Srixon's standard lie angle? Thanks

Titleist irons are 1 deg more upright than Srixon 3-9 iron. The wedge in Titleist is 1/2 deg more upright. 

Edited by jetmech879

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

So if I'm reading this right I need to order the t100s 7 iron 1⁰ flat to match the lie angle of the ZX7 7 iron....

Thanks for the feedback. 

The reason I'm doing this is I want to hit in on the range and on the course....rough...tight lies from the fairway....just to see what club works best for me.

Currently playing ZX5 4 to 6 and ZX7 7 to Aw and 56⁰ vokey SM8

12 hours ago, Dave342 said:

So if I'm reading this right I need to order the t100s 7 iron 1⁰ flat to match the lie angle of the ZX7 7 iron....

Thanks for the feedback. 

The reason I'm doing this is I want to hit in on the range and on the course....rough...tight lies from the fairway....just to see what club works best for me.

Currently playing ZX5 4 to 6 and ZX7 7 to Aw and 56⁰ vokey SM8

Yes. If you want to match the standard lie of your srixon irons, order the Titleist 1 deg flat.

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dave342 said:

The Titleist t100s 7 iron arrived this afternoon. It took 28 days....I thought it would have been longer. Now tomorrow I will hit both clubs (zx7 vs t100s) and will see what happens.

T100s is on the left.

20220809_172150.jpg

20220809_184221.jpg

20220809_184411.jpg

Looking forward to your comparison! I’ve used the ZX7s for a few rounds now but still need some more time to get a good assessment. And because I’m an unrepentant club ho, I also have a T200/T100S combo set on the way 😬

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

50 minutes ago, Dave342 said:

Just hit balls on the range this afternoon. The range is pretty beat up with not much grass so just hit off a tee. T100s outperformed zx7 this outing. Had a decent swing today too. 

Here is the first strike with the Titleist...

20220810_162757.jpg

Can you go into more detail as to how the T100 outperformed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BostonWRX said:

I game zx7s. I hit the new T100S to compare. T100s look amazing at address. Literally looks like a blade but I found the zx7 to be a lot more forgiving in the long irons so I stuck with the srixons. T100s is very forgiving when comparing to irons that are same size 

yeah, I'm on my second set of ZX7 and can't find anything to beat them out of the bag. I think the T100s are the only ones I haven't hit to compete

• Thanks 1

Just checking back in on this thread. I now have plenty of rounds with my T100S irons this season and I can honestly say that they have been the best irons I have ever hit. I am working on my swing and getting better and better, and as my swing gets better the T100S irons continue to perform and perform. I am now able to compress the ball better and getting awesome smash and ball speeds out of not so fast swing speeds. As an example, in tonight's session with my 7iron I was able to get 115-116 ball speed out of an 80-82mph club speed (smash 1.41-1.45). I've also just fallen in love with the look of the irons, especially the topline and the compact shape and whenever I pick up my old ZX7 iron it just looks huge in comparison. The t100S irons aren't the most forgiving of the bunch, but I'd rather know I missed the shot and where I've missed it so I can get better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WITB:

Woods: Ping G430 LST, Ping G430Max 3w, Ping G430 3Hybrid (20°) / Titleist T200 2iron

Irons: 2023 Titleist T150 (6-GW), T200 (4-5)

Wedges: 54D12°, 60M08° Wedges

Putter: SC Newport 2.5+ 34"

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 8/11/2022 at 6:12 AM, Dave342 said:

Sure. I just hit balls on the range with both clubs. I went back and forth changing clubs every 3 shots. My thin shots felt better with the t100s. When I flushed the ball with the Titleist it was a better feel. I could work the ball better too. I'm just saying the t100s felt better yesterday. Looking at address the top lines were very noticeable on both....the t100s looked better. I will lyk know how it feels on Saturday after I get done playing 18.

Played 18 last Saturday....only hit the 7iron twice...both on par 3's. Still need to hit it off of the fairway...

On 8/29/2021 at 6:01 PM, Bowie8 said:

I have played the ZX7s for about 20 rounds and saw that Titleist was having a demo day at my son's club.  went and hit the T100S with the same shaft as my ZX7s( Project X LZ 6.0).  I'm switching to the T100S.  These things are accurate.  Feels great and although a smaller head than the ZX7 seemed more forgiving.  I love them and when I told the rep that I was pissed off at Titleist for making a club that I felt was better than mine he said that the Srixon was one club that he thought was competitive. He hadn't hit the i59 so there is that.  The T100S just worked really well for me.  I really like them and absolutely hated the T200 so I'm not a Titleist homer. They are really that good.  

I like the T100 better than the I59. Also I agree with the T200 statement, not a homerun lol 

so, I built the 7, 8, and 9 T100S in Oban CT100 Stiff and hit the range earlier this week. These will go against my current gamers ZX7 in MMT 105S. First impressions is that I hit the T100S a little further and I think I like the look of the Titleist a little bit more than the ZX7. Waiting on some tip weights to finish the build today and have a time set for Sunday. If I can get it all done, I'll play the T100S and see if they take the spot. Can't lose either way but these 100S are stunning. 

image.jpg

Edited by stoneydukes
  • Like 4

Well, the range session didn’t lie. Round today was great. I can’t remember a time when I’ve felt more comfortable with a set of clubs in the first round. Played a familiar course and posted a 76 which is a great round for my 8-9 index. Managed to hit every club (4-P) in the T100S set through the round and now have a GW on the way to fill out 4-G. The srixon are great but the shape and feel off the face of the T100s gave me complete confidence. I think these are a touch more compact and even though I’m a bit of a sweeper, the v sole has worked for me in the past. I could definitely game either set but I’m loving this honeymoon with the Titleist. Love em

PS, if anyone is interested in a high end build on a minty set of zx7, PM me. 

Edited by stoneydukes
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So, once I figured out that I really loved the T100S and they were going to be my set for 2023, I got a new set of 5-GW heads and a T200 4i. This is pretty much what I had in my Srixon with the ZX5 4i for a bit more forgiveness. Oban CT100S from 4-L now and the bag is set for next season. Really happy with the looks, feel, and performance of these.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a set of ZX7's, went to T100s.  I sincerely miss the Srixon's.  Of course the Titleist irons are good, but as a 9 handicap I feel like the Srixon's gave up a splash of precision but had a bit more forgiveness around the face.  I will likely swap to the new Srixon irons when they come out.  I swing a little more shallow than I wish I did, but feel like the v-sole was still pretty good for a sweeper who is trying to take more consistent divots.  

2 hours ago, COmedic said:

Had a set of ZX7's, went to T100s.  I sincerely miss the Srixon's.  Of course the Titleist irons are good, but as a 9 handicap I feel like the Srixon's gave up a splash of precision but had a bit more forgiveness around the face.  I will likely swap to the new Srixon irons when they come out.  I swing a little more shallow than I wish I did, but feel like the v-sole was still pretty good for a sweeper who is trying to take more consistent divots.  

All good thoughts on your part but maybe if you got yourself a T200 4/5i.....I think the precision with shorter irons will be a lost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwooshLT said:

All good thoughts on your part but maybe if you got yourself a T200 4/5i.....I think the precision with shorter irons will be a lost

Actually forgot to mention my 4 and 5 are T200. I don’t love them but they definitely pack a punch on the top end. Good setup and I should be content but perhaps a few rough rounds are just in my head.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, COmedic said:

Actually forgot to mention my 4 and 5 are T200. I don’t love them but they definitely pack a punch on the top end. Good setup and I should be content but perhaps a few rough rounds are just in my head.

Yeah feel component between T200 and T100 is canyon wide.....but T200 more forgiving Slightly higher launching.  I'm far slower than most but I use 4 and 5i in T100 with modus 105R 1/2" over swingweight D2.5.  Along with a solid rebirth in my swing , launch and carry are very solid throughout set. 

I’ve owned both. For me, the Titleists were basically a stronger lofted, firmer feeling blade.  The Srixons were longer, more forgiving, and felt better. My only complaint about the Srixons was the appearance of the top line at address. It’s just too thick for my tastes. Love the performance, but only lukewarm on the looks.