Is PXG going out of business?

golfnhack

33 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

If i could get PXG in Canada i'd probably give them a shot on irons at some point. I'm in Quebec though and that is borderline not Canada lol. So we'll see if they come here

You already know the answer in that they won't deal with with the language police in going to qwerkbec.  Thank them for being excluded from basically ALL contests in the country...

A Revolving Door

13 hours ago, cardoustie said:

I’m a heavy  PING dude

That said I hit the gen4 ST irons and they felt FAR better than my blueprints.  Amazing irons with SF shafts

Will get a set when the costs come down in 6 months

FYI,

The Gen4 ST blades are now............wait for it..............

$249!!!

No need to wait 6 months.

AND..........

Gen4 T, P, XP ......... $229/ea!!!!

Milled wedges....... ERROR EDIT....Not $249/ea!!!!!..$299

Edited by BirdieBob

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

17 hours ago, GwrxMod said:

Political posts removed. It's a violation of forum rules and more than a few of you have already been warned for this. Keep it off of this site. 

Thank you! This is my one haven from politics.

• Like 2

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

6 minutes ago, Scootre said:

I can attest the $60 shipping charge is real for more than 1 wood. A set of irons is $60, but just 2 woods are the same price? 

I get my PXG from discountdansgolf.com

No shipping charge....no sales tax!!!!

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

1 minute ago, BirdieBob said:

I get my PXG from discountdansgolf.com

No shipping charge....no sales tax!!!!

What did Adam Sandler say in The Wedding Singer?? Things that could've been brought to my attention yesterday!! 😄

Oh well, lesson learned. I did get the putter I ordered for $20 less as the price lowered so I guess I'm only out $40 more??

The question I have is... why do the iron shaft options suck so badly. Your only option for steel shafts is the horrible Elevate shaft. Custom options are almost no existent and add $40 to the cost of each club. And we are talking DG shafts here!!!!

• Like 1

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

New PXG customer here- Been renovating so I've yet even played a round with my new Gen 2 0311XF irons, putter and wedges. Only reason I changed brands was the huge price drops they've been having and will continue to have. One major turn-off though is the continuation of price drops- My irons went from $129 each down to $89 each. The did give me store credit so I'll applaud them for that but then I decided to get a lob wedge, didn't want to pay $169 and ridiculous shipping so I found one on the bay. Looked today and the wedges are now $129...Same price I paid for used. 

Resale value is something of importance to me and others, I'm sure. If I dumped my clubs today, probably couldn't get what I paid for them just 2 months ago. Just saying, their business model now is really turning me away from the brand and I've yet hit a ball with my new set-up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tsecor said:

PXG's were a gimmick and ugly...wouldnt shock me if they fold up shop

Far from gimmick and in case you missed it they have several four wins this year and their gen2 hybrid is in Nordqvist bag.  Also guessing you never hit any of their offerings

They are far from folding up shop considering they are expanding their retail presence to 25 stores

Edited by GoGoErky
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 10:51 AM, Abh159 said:

That has been the PXG model for years. 

Step 1 = Release a new club

Step 2 = Charge 3x what it is worth

Step 3 = Wait 6 months

Step 4 = Discount that same club 50%

Step 5 = Release another new club and start all over

That's the TaylorMade model, although they've toned it down a bit. 

At least PXG isn't promising 7 more yards with each new model....LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

1 hour ago, meh said:

Pretty rich coming from someone in the us of a. No country has done more to destroy the English language than the one you reside in.

[the Metro UK has entered the chat]

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

10 hours ago, golfnhack said:

The question I have is... why do the iron shaft options suck so badly. Your only option for steel shafts is the horrible Elevate shaft. Custom options are almost no existent and add $40 to the cost of each club. And we are talking DG shafts here!!!!

Honest question. Do you really think the Elevate is a bad shaft? 

Have you hit a TT elevate tour shaft?  They are actually quite good. 

• Like 1

I like elevate shafts... tour model is in fact perfect combination of everything unless your tempo is very aggressive. 

1 hour ago, meh said:

Pretty rich coming from someone in the us of a. No country has done more to destroy the English language than the one you reside in.

Do you speak Kiwinglish? New Zealand's distinct linguistic identity

New Zealand English is like English, but different. And it’s developing in a direction all of its own. Tumeke!

Tue 10 Mar 2015 04.00 EDT

Enough about the “British style” and the “American way” already. There are other nations speaking English out there. It is the official language in 58 sovereign states and recognised, if not spoken, almost everywhere else. One such place is New Zealand, where we speak a special language. Let’s call it Kiwinglish.

In the UK it’s arse, in the USA it’s a**. And in New Zealand, it’s kumu. Well, maybe not just yet. You might not hear this Maori word all the time in New Zealand right now, but I’d be willing to bet the William Webb-Ellis Cup you’ll hear it, and other words like it, a lot more frequently in the future. My point being: the Maori language is not only the biggest difference between Kiwinglish and British and American English, it’s also the most significant driver of linguistic and cultural differentiation. And most importantly, its use in everyday language is on the up.

To put it into perspective, the Maori language was actively suppressed for many years after colonisation. It was banned in schools and pupils were even punished for speaking it. Compare that with today, where by recent accounts there are as many as 1,000 Maori words used regularly by non-native speakers. Words like waka (technically canoe, but often used to describe any motor vehicle), kia ora (hello), kai (food), puku (belly, stomach), and whanau (family) can now be heard interspersed in everyday Kiwi conversation.

The Maori language is evident in more than just spoken, colloquial language. It is becoming part of the language of NZ officialdom. Take tangata whenua (people of the land) and iwi (tribe) for example. They’re now commonly used in the press and, importantly, in legislation, without an accompanying English translation.

The development of Kiwi in this direction is tumeke! (awesome)! The use of Maori words and phrases is representative of increased recognition (and revival) of Maori culture and of demographic and social changes. It’s not just a distancing from British heritage (intentional or otherwise), it’s an expression of a unique identity.

This uptake of indigenous words and phrases, although significant, is not the only thing that’s helping to transform modern Kiwi; it’s also the way that traditionally British words have changed meaning on their journey down under.

Most of you will recognise phrases such as sweet as (an incredibly versatile, generally positive locution which can mean anything from “extraordinarily good” to “OK, I suppose”) or get off the grass (an exclamation of disbelief, sometimes an imperative). Even words like jandals (flip-flops) and togs (swimming costume) might sound familiar to anyone from the northern hemisphere.

Witi Ihimaera, author of The Whale Rider, perhaps the best-known Maori writer today. The Maori language was suppressed for many years.

Witi Ihimaera, author of The Whale Rider, perhaps the best-known Maori writer today. The Maori language was suppressed for many years. Photograph: Murdo Macleod
So, is NZ English easy for native Englanders to understand? TripAdvisor accurately warns: “English is spoken throughout New Zealand, although there are many local acronyms and phrases that may confuse foreign visitors.” Helpful, that. Especially for a tourist faced with words like munted or pakaru (broken), dairy (off-licence or small supermarket), stoked (happy, pleased, relieved) and bach (small holiday home).

If you’re thirsty, don’t ask for tea, because you’ll end up with dinner (as you will in some northern parts of England). Wellies is the capital city, not protective footwear (although wellies will come in handy in Wellies). Root is used mostly to refer to sex. Find a different verb if you want to talk about supporting your soccer (football) team or you’re looking around for something you’ve lost.

Oh, and watch out for irony. Because spoken Kiwinglish is relentlessly tongue-in-cheek. When we say one thing, we probably mean the other. So if someone calls you a winner don’t celebrate, you’ve likely just had a mare (made a fool of yourself or lost by a large margin). And quite nice is generally used to refer to something that is the complete opposite.

As is used ubiquitously to exaggerate any preceding adjective, like hungry as (very hungry) and beached as (well and truly stuck or in difficult circumstances). The aye? tacked on to the end of every spoken sentence is rhetorical. Piss refers to alcoholic beverages (generally beer). To sink piss is to drink beer. And a chilly bin is a container that keeps your piss cold while you’re at the bach.

Many of these peculiarities have their roots in British English, yet have been moulded by New Zealand’s geographical isolation, politics, culture and society.

Take sheep for example. They’re a big part of our identity, both historical and contemporary. And they’ve had a big impact on our language. Although sheep numbers are declining, the old saying that they outnumber people remains true. (In case you’re interested, the current stats stand at just over seven sheep per person – down from a peak of 22 per person in 1982). Anyway, you could half-fill a dictionary with words that have developed out of our “special” association with sheep, including pink (verb, to shear a sheep so closely that the skin shows), breakback (to run in the opposite direction to the drive), and cobbler (nothing to do with shoes – this the most stubborn of sheep or the last to be sheared).

Finally, let’s look at what is perhaps the most obvious difference between Kiwis and Brits: the accent. The way that Kiwis flatten vowels into an unrecognisable monotone is all to do with phonemes, those perceptually distinct units of sound that make up a language. Officially, New Zealand English (NZE) has the same 20-vowel phoneme system as British received pronunciation. However, since the millennium, there are only 19 phonemes evident in spoken NZE. The distinction between the phonemes in “near” and “square”, for example, has pretty much disappeared.

So keep a taringa (ear) out for what’s happening with our common language down under. It’ll be a big help if you make the epic journey to our shores. It may also help to explain why what was once considered the most British of the colonies is drifting away.

Ultimately, if you understand less and less of what we’re saying, how will you ever beat us at rugby?

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

I really don't like how often they come out with "new and improved" clubs and how quickly the old stuff is discounted.

For such a young company, there have been four generations and several prototypes in seven years...it is insulting.

• Thanks 1

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: Ping G410 26 deg w/MR Diamana Blueboard R
Irons: Ping i230 5-U w/Nippon Modulus3 105S
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge SW w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 Tour Issue 64 deg w/DG S400
Putter: Bettinardi Queen B #10
Ball: Titleist ProV1x (2021) 

17 minutes ago, njlam said:

I really don't like how often they come out with "new and improved" clubs and how quickly the old stuff is discounted.

For such a young company, there have been four generations and several prototypes in seven years...it is insulting.

It’s no different from most manufacturers are doing…new model every year. There are a few that do every other year, which is pretty much what PXG is doing. Did people really expect them to release just one, even two, sets of irons in 7 years?!

On 8/31/2021 at 5:22 PM, bopper53 said:

New Ping, not hardly !

I have tried a lot of their stuff on the range,  it is nothing special for the initial price.

Kind of funny that Howell III and Horschel got fed up with their stuff rather quickly.

The 0811X driver can't touch my G425 or my Titleist TSI2

Why would you buy a PXG iron when you could get a Mizuno or Ping Blueprint ?

All testosterone marketing.

G425 Max is the loudest driver Ive hit in years do better Ping!

15 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

FYI,

The Gen4 ST blades are now............wait for it..............

$249!!!

No need to wait 6 months.

AND..........

Gen4 T, P, XP ......... $229/ea!!!!

Milled wedges....... ERROR EDIT....Not $249/ea!!!!!..$299

Gen4 is $219 Heroes and if I had bought these 3-6 months ago Id be POed.   Gen3 now $129 Heroes and no more Gen2 

6 hours ago, njlam said:

"Insulting" smh. Just a smidge off on your PXG history, but Ok...