2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Is PXG going out of business?

golfnhack

I'll be jumping on a Gen4 driver if/when they do their next discount. I don't know how I missed the last one but I did. Oh well! Lots of good reviews and comments on this driver so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one to give it a go!

Driver: PXG Black Ops 8 degree w/Ventus Black 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Scratch wedge 53 degree, Cleveland RTX Zip Core 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Odyssey Cruiser Jailbird
Ball: 2024 Bridgestone BX

3 hours ago, bryanwmilburn said:

I'll be jumping on a Gen4 driver if/when they do their next discount. I don't know how I missed the last one but I did. Oh well! Lots of good reviews and comments on this driver so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one to give it a go!

They are now 399

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

2 minutes ago, NoTalentLefty said:

They are now 399

Yeah I saw that. I'm just hoping they come down to the $299 in a flash sale or something like they did in August. Easier for me to justify trying something blind for $100 less. I'll keep a watchful eye out!

Driver: PXG Black Ops 8 degree w/Ventus Black 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Scratch wedge 53 degree, Cleveland RTX Zip Core 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Odyssey Cruiser Jailbird
Ball: 2024 Bridgestone BX

They seem to be struggling with their ship times. They say in the TV adds: "Most orders shipped in 5 days". I ordered September 1... it is now September 13.. and still no shipping notification.

Edited by golfnhack

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

2 hours ago, bryanwmilburn said:

Yeah I saw that. I'm just hoping they come down to the $299 in a flash sale or something like they did in August. Easier for me to justify trying something blind for $100 less. I'll keep a watchful eye out!

They were $349 last week, which was just on the edge of 'take a flier on' range for me.

I can see where their customers can get frustrated by their pricing structure. We accept clubs depreciate over time and will be eventually discounted. But seeing a club you paid $399 for suddenly selling for $299, $349 then $399 again has to make you feel like you lost a chance to save money.

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

28 minutes ago, golfnhack said:

Proto X+ driver Stock shaft.

That’s an older model. The 5 day build and ship times are for the newest generation (Gen 4) only. I got my Gen 4 0811x in 6 days total, 4 of which were business days. 

I also made a separate order through DD which was a Gen 3 iron and it took over 3 weeks to receive, which is still better than just about any of the manufacturers right now. 

Edited by ilikegolf26
  • Like 1

Love the Gen4 irons....order received Saturday for a few more T's and shipped today!

Shipped with Elevate Tour, Xstiff.

👍

Edited by BirdieBob

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

39 minutes ago, mantan said:

They were $349 last week, which was just on the edge of 'take a flier on' range for me.

I can see where their customers can get frustrated by their pricing structure. We accept clubs depreciate over time and will be eventually discounted. But seeing a club you paid $399 for suddenly selling for $299, $349 then $399 again has to make you feel like you lost a chance to save money.

Seems like serial club flippers are the ones who care about resale value and get the most frustrated and chirp in PXG threads. If its within 30 days, they'll give you credit or refund for the difference. Just like mostly any other retail business will do. 

Edited by snagy2000

1 hour ago, ilikegolf26 said:

That’s an older model. The 5 day build and ship times are for the newest generation (Gen 4) only. I got my Gen 4 0811x in 6 days total, 4 of which were business days. 

I also made a separate order through DD which was a Gen 3 iron and it took over 3 weeks to receive, which is still better than just about any of the manufacturers right now. 

Still.... 12 days!!!!!

15 minutes ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Again…..if you wanted a driver fast you should have ordered the Gen 4, not Proto 

Well.. maybe they should have stated on their site that there is a 3+ week waiting period for anything other than the current gen. I would not have ordered had I known that.

4 hours ago, golfnhack said:

They seem to be struggling with their ship times. They say in the TV adds: "Most orders shipped in 5 days". I ordered September 1... it is now September 13.. and still no shipping notification.

As someone else said, that's for Gen 4 product. I ordered my Proto x+ on 7/20 and it shipped on 7/27.

On 9/11/2021 at 2:06 PM, badandbogey said:

Crazy i called yesterday and was told their shipment had just shown up and that they were in stock 

This is correct.  Should show up soon online.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

3 weeks is long!?

I ordered a new set of P790’s on the day they were available with a 9/2 expected delivery.  Then I got an email that said they will be delayed to 9/30.  The next email I got said delayed to 11/30.  I called yesterday because checking the order status on line said order number doesn’t exist - rep said “Good news, your order has been pushed up to 11/16.

The biggest problem is that I have $1100 tied up in trade-ins.  Otherwise, I would have just cancelled the order.  The only reason I sent in the trade-ins so early was they assured me I would get them early September.

I will say, this is unusual for Taylormade in my experience.  But, it is frustrating.  On the other hand, PXG has been outstanding in delivery and support on every order I’ve placed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 9/13/2021 at 7:28 AM, golfnhack said:

I have said this before. Do not rely on their tracking info on their website. I have picked up clubs when it still shows in work. Call if you want better info on shipping or in work status. Just saying. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Nobody knows if they are or not. How many years was Nike in the golf business before they left. They had several good years then just like that they are gone. 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 9/13/2021 at 1:18 PM, BirdieBob said:

Love the Gen4 irons....order received Saturday for a few more T's and shipped today!

Shipped with Elevate Tour, Xstiff.

👍

Bob - I play the P’s, but I’m curious how the Gen 4’s compare to the Gen 3’s. I’m on the fence about ordering a set of Gen 4 P’s.  I know it’s all subjective, but have you noticed any performance advantages? 

On 9/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, Soccerrick10 said:

3 weeks is long!?

I ordered a new set of P790’s on the day they were available with a 9/2 expected delivery.  Then I got an email that said they will be delayed to 9/30.  The next email I got said delayed to 11/30.  I called yesterday because checking the order status on line said order number doesn’t exist - rep said “Good news, your order has been pushed up to 11/16.

Is it possibly a shaft or grip that’s not available?  I ordered a left handed set of P790’s last week with Steelfiber shafts and was told October 20th. 

14 minutes ago, teedub21 said:

Is it possibly a shaft or grip that’s not available?  I ordered a left handed set of P790’s last week with Steelfiber shafts and was told October 20th. 

When I bought p790s last year my fitter said being left handed made the wait time shorter since TM still had inventory for lefty heads.

TM Qi10 LS 9° LAGP A-series Low 60 - 5(X) Limited Release

Cobra King Speedzone 14.5° LAGP Tour AXS BLU 70X

TM 2019 P790 3 19° LAGP A-series Low Hybrid 105

TM 2019 P790 4-P LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

TM MG4 50.09° SB 54.11° SB 60.08° LB LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock LAGP TPZ 180 | Titleist 23’ Pro V1x 

2 buddies bought 0311xfs, fwy woods, hybrids, and drivers during the sale.  Driver with Yellow Smoke was $299.  Seems to have worked. Website sold put of alot of stuff.  PXG doesnt have middlemen to pay so their business model works.  The archaic og's are charging way too much so kudos to what PXG is up to. 

• Like 3

Ping G430 10k 9 Tour Black 2.0 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

6 hours ago, teedub21 said:

Yeah, it’s the MMT shafts.  Which is really ironic given that is the standard shaft in PXG graphite shafted irons and ship in 5 days or less.

My second bag will be all PXG with either Gen 3 or 4 irons.  I just haven’t pulled that trigger yet.

I got my 17 y/o son a 0811 XT driver with the Diamana 60+ X. We played a couple days ago for the first time with the new driver. The dispersion was much tighter than with his Cobra F9 with the Smoke stiff shaft and on the average 10 yards longer. He's a 8 index currently. It might be one of the few rounds he's ever played where he didn't take a penalty due a wayward drive. 

Edited by Scootre

7 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

Bob - I play the P’s, but I’m curious how the Gen 4’s compare to the Gen 3’s. I’m on the fence about ordering a set of Gen 4 P’s.  I know it’s all subjective, but have you noticed any performance advantages? 

I had the G3 T model, never hit the P and currently have the G4 T and ST models.

Probably best to go to the source for that answer:  From that other golf forum provides this.....

The specs on all three GEN 4 irons don’t vary much from their GEN3 predecessors. In the case of the 0311 T and the 0311 XP, they’re virtually identical. The XP specs are very much in the game improvement realm, with a 28-degree 7-iron. However, the lofts on the 0311 P GEN4 irons are one degree stronger than their GEN3 counterparts, no doubt to better fit in with competitive sticks in the player’s distance category.

As you’d expect, PXG says 0311 GEN4 ball speeds are up throughout the line compared to GEN3.  Also as you’d expect, the stronger lofted—by one degree—0311 P showed a nearly four mph ball speed improvement over its GEN3 counterpart. It launched about half a degree lower but still had a higher peak height. PXG’s own info shows the higher ball speed and higher flight lead to more than seven yards of additional carry.

And despite having the exact same loft structures as their GEN3 counterparts, both the 0311 T and 0311 XP GEN4 models were also faster, higher and longer.

“That’s primarily coming from that XCOR technology,” says Schweigert. “That’s the main reason for the distance gains. And even though the XP has the strongest loft, it creates the highest peak height.”

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soccerrick10 said:

Yeah, it’s the MMT shafts.  Which is really ironic given that is the standard shaft in PXG graphite shafted irons and ship in 5 days or less.

My second bag will be all PXG with either Gen 3 or 4 irons.  I just haven’t pulled that trigger yet.

I was a bit off topic and referring to the guy who is waiting until November for his P790’s

As others have said, your order won’t be 5 days because that is only for Gen 4 clubs. I’ve made multiple orders with PXG and they took up to 3 weeks. When i ordered a new gen club it was built and shipped in two days.