2021 Titleist T100 vs T100s. Which one would you get?

easyyy

Looking for a discussion about this. The t100-s is 2 degrees stronger than the t100  and the bounce is the same. The t100s has a slot behind the muscle to allow more face flex to add speed but the tungsten is tweaked (fairly sure) to optimize spin and trajectory. I like the face flex/ tungsten to aid the trajectory and spin to compensate for the loft adjust a little. 

YouTube testers showed the s longer and less spin. Not sure what they said about trajectory. 

The slot is only on 7 iron and lower on the s. 

I don’t care for the T100s gap between the PW and the non T100 gap wedge if I wanted to keep a gap, sw and lob off set. 

maybe a combo? T100s 4 & 5 then T100 6-pw. Bend the 4&5 weak a degree and strengthen the 6 & 7 in the t100 strong to gap them correctly?

Which one would you get and why please?

🙂

Having played the older t100 for around 10 months ( a lifetime in this guys mind 😀) and just played with another wrxer last weekend who had a new set of t100 , I’d vote firmly on the T100.  They just work great.   And the new ones look amazing! 

But. There probably is some merit to the idea of a combo set.  But I’d almost bet that they don’t need to be bent weak.  Or at least I’d test them as is first.  We a lot of times see gap bunching around the 5 iron anyway. The stronger lofts might actually happen to work out , give a touch more ball speed , Plus the launch already built in . 

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I just ordered a set of Srixon Zx7 irons two days ago.  Before I did I was considering the Titleist T100 and T100s irons.  My ball flight tends to be higher and the thought that the T100s would like provide me with a lower ball flight and more distance was very appealing.  If I were purchasing the Titleist irons I would likely go T200 in the 5 and 6 iron and then the T100s in the 7 through PW.  I think Titleist did a great job with the design and options with the new T series irons.

Edited by jimb
remove comma
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of a 44 PW as well, but also like the idea of more distance in the longer clubs. The real question is whether it is better to bend the T100S weak or the T100 strong. I actually like bigger loft gaps in my scoring clubs, so I'm considering just getting the T100S 9 iron bent a degree strong and using the regular T100 PW. Hopefully my club gets the fitting clubs in soon.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

I opted for the T100 as I am not looking to gain distance. They gave me ideal numbers when I hit them on trackman (170-175 cary, 6,500-7k spin and launched at 18 degrees.) 

I personally won't play a PW stronger than 46 because it screws up my current wedge setup. My course isn't super long so I have a steady diet of wedges into greens so wedge play is crucial to my game and putting a decent score on the card. 

Edited by JStang

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I opted for the T100S and have them on order.  Due to age and swing speed challenges, the T100S gives me some extra distance, etc.  Just makes more sense for my game.  

Edited by larryd3

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311 P w/accra  5-gap 
54* & 58* PXG Forged
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

I wouldn’t bother with the s.  Sure your 5 iron now has the loft of a 4 iron and goes farther, but who cares?  It is essentially a 4 iron.  You’d also have to rethink your gaps between clubs if you are already playing a set with standard lofts.  Since the s goes further you won’t need a 3 iron anymore but since the pw is 44 degrees you’ll need to get the gap wedge or add another wedge to cover the gap at that end of the bag.  In the end it’s the same thing and the only difference is the number on the bottom of the club.  

• Like 2

I ordered T100 as the issue for me was the big gap it left with a 44’ PW

Id have had to go 5-AW in T100s which defeats the point

I don’t want to change my 52/56/60 wedge setup and T100s would have forced me to do so

T100 gave me the exact yardages I was looking for but with greater consistency over my P7MC

• Like 1

I went with T100s for a specific reason. I wanted to blend them with my AP3 long irons (in part to save money and in part because I really like 4-6 in the AP3). The lofts of s match better with what I have now. 

Now I have a different opinion than many here when it comes to the strong lofts argument. I played 690 CBs prior to the ap3. While loft wise my ap3 7 iron is essentially just the CB 6 iron, and both flew the same distance, I found I was noticeably more accurate with the ap3 7 iron at that distance. Maybe its because the ap3 7 iron is shorter than the CB 6 iron? Maybe its a placebo effect in my brain that a 7 iron is easier to hit more accurately? I'm not sure but I have seen this trend in my game ever since the switch (I have played the older irons for fun since and still feel less accurate at 185 with the CB 6 iron vs the ap3 7 iron). This is why the extra loft of the t100s doesn't worry me. 

As for wedge make-up. I plan to use go 44-50-56-60. Currently with ap3 I am using 43-50-56-60 which works fine for me. 

To each their own, but I do not think you can go wrong choosing t100 or t100s. Both will be fantastic. 

• Like 1

I have hit both the T100 and T100s.  The S has more tungsten weight in the sole.  The slot in the S removes weight from the pad to allow for the additional weight in the sole.  Both heads were very close in peak height and land angle for me.  The S spun around 500rpm less.  The 44pw doesn't bother me as I'm comfortable with partial wedges and generate plenty of spin and most players will only have to account for an extra 5 or 6 yards..  With that being said, I don't like the idea of sacrificing spin on the long and mid irons or any irons out of the rough.....increased fliers out of the rough in the short irons and spin dropping too low to control and stop mid and long irons may be an issue in the S if your not a high spin player

I have the t100 irons, for me they are fine, i hit them as far as i've hit irons my whole life, 5 iron 190, 7 iron 165, so on and so forth, so no adjustment was needed, i don't feel the need to hit irons further.  

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 LST 14.5*

Mizuno Pro 225 2-PW

Mizuno T22 52* & 58*

Ping Isoforce Anser F

Vessel Cart Bag

So I grew up playing a 53 and 58 deg wedge set up and a 2-pw iron set up. Over the years with the clubs getting stronger lofted, I changed to a 50, 54, and 58 deg wedge. I actually really like the idea of the T100s irons. I ordered 3-gw which will essentially be 2-pw and back to the 53 and 58 deg wedge set. I ordered them on the first day of pre orders with modus 125x shafts. Still waiting but very excited to get them in the bag! 

• Like 2

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Subjective, I understand, but has there been a consistent reporting of the T100 feeling softer/better (whatever word you care to use) than the T100s?

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

If you're a "better" player, I don't understand why you would purchase the T100s, unless as others have suggested, you have a particular wedge setup that you don't want to disrupt. I mean, has it be shown that the extra tungsten in the T100s provides meaningful differences in dispersion?

Edited by Tdsjfb

On 9/4/2021 at 7:09 AM, Tdsjfb said:

If you're a "better" player, I don't understand why you would purchase the T100s, unless as others have suggested, you have a particular wedge setup that you don't want to disrupt. I mean, has it be shown that the extra tungsten in the T100s provides meaningful differences in dispersion?

One reason if you don't need distance gains would be to bend the "S" strong to take offset off. Will make them have less bounce though.

I don't mind offset and don't need distance till I get to the 4 iron. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, easyyy said:

One reason if you don't need distance gains would be to bend the "S" strong to take offset off. Will make them have less bounce though.

I don't mind offset and don't need distance till I get to the 4 iron. 

Or, as I did, gain a little offset while sacrificing bounce and bend the T100 1 degree strong.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 4:46 AM, bladehunter said:

Having played the older t100 for around 10 months ( a lifetime in this guys mind 😀) and just played with another wrxer last weekend who had a new set of t100 , I’d vote firmly on the T100.  They just work great.   And the new ones look amazing! 

But. There probably is some merit to the idea of a combo set.  But I’d almost bet that they don’t need to be bent weak.  Or at least I’d test them as is first.  We a lot of times see gap bunching around the 5 iron anyway. The stronger lofts might actually happen to work out , give a touch more ball speed , Plus the launch already built in . 

How do you like the new one vs old one? Would you upgrade?

I just hit both in a fitting and while I would hate having a lower lofted PW, I think I would go with the S.  That little extra distance was nice... to be able to take an easier swing and get a few more yards kind of clicked with me.  I was hitting 7i and wasn't seeing 8-10 yards more, it was closer to 4 or 5 carry yards realistically.  This was with the AMT S300.  I thought both felt REALLY nice honestly, soft like most other reputable forged offerings.  4i looks a little more bladey than I am comfortable with, but these are both definitely irons I would game.  

If it matters, I think the new ones feel miles better than the last iteration...   

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

2 hours ago, gsxrdn said:

How do you like the new one vs old one? Would you upgrade?

Honestly.  I prefer the sole shape and leading edge grind of the older version.  But that’s a knee jerk reaction.  I haven’t spent much time on course with the new ones. They may be deceiving looks wise.  I prefer  an iron to cut a divot. But I play off hard dry red clay based courses 8 months of the year.  If  it were wet sand based course.  It would be easy to upgrade to the new one based on looks alone.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

9 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Honestly.  I prefer the sole shape and leading edge grind of the older version.  But that’s a knee jerk reaction.  I haven’t spent much time on course with the new ones. They may be deceiving looks wise.  I prefer  an iron to cut a divot. But I play off hard dry red clay based courses 8 months of the year.  If  it were wet sand based course.  It would be easy to upgrade to the new one based on looks alone.  

I just bought black 19 T100s 4-Pw with MMT 125TX for like 900 (I am not sure if that is a good price or not) it should be coming this week. I am playing wet courses in PNW so I am concerning the sole may not be best for me but I will test it out may order a 7 Iron 21 T100s for comparison. 

6 minutes ago, gsxrdn said:

I just bought black 19 T100s 4-Pw with MMT 125TX for like 900 (I am not sure if that is a good price or not) it should be coming this week. I am playing wet courses in PNW so I am concerning the sole may not be best for me but I will test it out may order a 7 Iron 21 T100s for comparison. 

Yep. That’s a good price for the black ones in my opinion.  .  . $75 plus shipping for each shaft.  And that’s when you can find them.  They been in and out of back order.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock