2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

17 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

I agree that they really do some things that set the game backwards (probably something they actually want), but its also a hard place to be as well. There has to be some regulation and rules in place, just where to draw that line can be tricky. They have gotten a few things right like the flagstick in, and grounding in a bunker. Things that should go: cor limits, groove rule, driver length, many more. One of the funniest ones is I can tee off with my putter legally, i can putt with my driver legally, but i cant put my flatsided putter grip on my driver… huh? Process that one lol

You make a little of great points. They originally set limits and then change it after people spent millions on equipment. A 48 inch driver has trade offs. They changed wedge groove years in. They don’t get mulligans on equipment. Once you set the length, ct, grooves, you can’t punish oems for building great stuff within those guidelines. Fill the USGA with players from the tours. Power hungry recreational golfers who have little to do with how golf has gotten better should have little say. 
no one is better off with out belly putters. Banning arm locks will affect a small fraction of the tour. 
roll the ball back is insane. All brought to you by the same people who if on the board of their housing development would run it into the ground.

they do tournaments well. Stick to that and leave the equipment alone. 

• Like 1

Taylormade will put out new drivers this coming season, but have been informed it’s name will not be Sim..

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

4 hours ago, 4TheKing614 said:

You make a little of great points. They originally set limits and then change it after people spent millions on equipment. A 48 inch driver has trade offs. They changed wedge groove years in. They don’t get mulligans on equipment. Once you set the length, ct, grooves, you can’t punish oems for building great stuff within those guidelines. Fill the USGA with players from the tours. Power hungry recreational golfers who have little to do with how golf has gotten better should have little say. 
no one is better off with out belly putters. Banning arm locks will affect a small fraction of the tour. 
roll the ball back is insane. All brought to you by the same people who if on the board of their housing development would run it into the ground.

they do tournaments well. Stick to that and leave the equipment alone. 

Or simply make tour conforming models and models for amateurs that are over the cor limit, over the moi limit etc. There's no reason why joe 6 pack who shoots 107 on saturday once every 2 weeks cant have access to a club that gives him another 25 yards with double the forgiveness. He already doesnt follow the rules, uses the foot wedge readily, and has ample mulligans per round. He's never joining the tour. He's never playing in club events. The japan market for non conforming drivers is fairly large, but all those companies would be out of business if TM released a 480cc 0.880 corr driver. It would never be mistaken for a legal driver because you would name it something completely different, put not USGA legal in the marketing, and I bet 50% of the recreational hack golfers would buy it over the conforming model. Because "17 more yards" would actually be 17 more yards.

2 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I hope they bring MWT back! 

The Super Quad was great!

Wk

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

On 10/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, Cactus Jack said:

The TXG boys confirmed TM will launch a new driver early 2022, but it will NOT be a SIM3. They didn't say what it will be, but it sounds like there will be an entirely new product line. 

No offense to TXG as they are friends. But I mentioned that here several weeks ago…just sayin 😬

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Bring your wallets boys and girls, was in Golftown the other day and they are saying $850 for new TM driver. All OEMs are going up in price!

Ping Hoofer Lite

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

Mizuno 243 5-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

1 hour ago, Golf64 said:

Bring your wallets boys and girls, was in Golftown the other day and they are saying $850 for new TM driver. All OEMs are going up in price!

I'll buy when they go on sale when they're stuck on tons of driver stock. For $800 it better make the ball find the fairway no matter what swing I put on it

If they OEM price a driver at $800+ they have clearly misread the market. Yeah Covid has made the supply chain a little off but that's that outrageous...they'd be better off skipping a year and focus more on apparel for a year or so

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Golf64 said:

That’s a pretty normal price for a TM driver. Sim2 off the rack at my local Golfbox is $869.99 (though it’s on sale for $694.99 at the moment). 

Oh you meant $850 US. Yeah that’s expensive. Though it wouldn’t surprise me. The new Mizuno ST-G retails for US$675 down here. 

Edited by sg91

10.5* TM M5 Tour - Evenflow Riptide 70

15* Mizuno ST200 - Diamana S+ 70

19* (@20*) Mizuno CLK - Tensei CK Pro 70

5-PW Mizuno MP-20 MMC - Project X

50/08 & 54/11 Wilson Staff Model Wedge - DG 120

60/10 Cleveland RTX Zipcore - DG TI Spinner

Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2

Srixon Z Star

55 minutes ago, Golf_LU said:

An increase of that magnitude would certainly keep many on the sideline this year. I find that price point hard to believe, especially with stock shaft offerings. 

Yeah that would be a tough one to swallow...

People would definitely think you know, this driver I got isn't that bad after all, I'll keep using it or buy the previous model. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Str8Putt said:

Yeah that would be a tough one to swallow...

People would definitely think you know, this driver I got isn't that bad after all, I'll keep using it or buy the previous model. 

Oh, I love to try out the new drivers every year. But if those prices are accurate then my tinkering will need to be much more selective.

4 hours ago, Str8Putt said:

I'll buy when they go on sale when they're stuck on tons of driver stock. For $800 it better make the ball find the fairway no matter what swing I put on it

If they OEM price a driver at $800+ they have clearly misread the market. Yeah Covid has made the supply chain a little off but that's that outrageous...they'd be better off skipping a year and focus more on apparel for a year or so

No doubt. At that price I’ll be sticking to my TSi2 and RAdSpeed as backup.  I’m the biggest driver ho there is.  But $800 is way past my threshold! 

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2
  • Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

The pricing of Drivers has gotten way out of line over the past few years.  The TM M4 sold for $399 and just a few years later the SIM2 Max sells for $529 (an increase of 32.5%).

The excuse given for the price increase now is Covid 19, while in reality the prices have been increasing at a rate of 10% per year over the past 3 to 4 years.  Any price increase exceeding 8% to 9% over last years pricing is price gouging.

I have bought a new driver every year for the past 20+ years.  If the pricing for the 2022 models exceed $599, then I am out.  I will be replacing my driver about every 3 years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gorham1 said:

The pricing of Drivers has gotten way out of line over the past few years.  The TM M4 sold for $399 and just a few years later the SIM2 Max sells for $529 (an increase of 32.5%).

The excuse given for the price increase now is Covid 19, while in reality the prices have been increasing at a rate of 10% per year over the past 3 to 4 years.  Any price increase exceeding 8% to 9% over last years pricing is price gouging.

I have bought a new driver every year for the past 20+ years.  If the pricing for the 2022 models exceed $599, then I am out.  I will be replacing my driver about every 3 years.

If it s the case that the major OEMs are hiking up prices again then they need boycotting. The innovation from the past 5 years certainly doesn’t warrant a jump in price. They can say Covid etc but that’s crap. They can barely deal with demand in a normal year anyway and the service from the manufacturers is poor with a couple of exceptions. 

Edited by chouls19

I'm pretty sure the price of $850 Canadian dollars or $699 USD.    

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

38 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

I'm pretty sure the price of $850 Canadian dollars or $699 USD.    

Still way too much.  That is an increase of $170 or 32% versus the SIM2.  Going to lose a lot of loyal customers, including me.  Again, I have purchased a new TM driver every year for over 20 years, along with new woods and irons every 2 years.  At these new prices, I will be purchasing every few years rather than every year.

I have to believe many people will be following suit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gorham1 said:

Still way too much.  That is an increase of $170 or 32% versus the SIM2.  Going to lose a lot of loyal customers, including me.  Again, I have purchased a new TM driver every year for over 20 years, along with new woods and irons every 2 years.  At these new prices, I will be purchasing every few years rather than every year.

I have to believe many people will be following suit.

I really think companies like PXG (hard to believe considering their early business model), Sub70 , New Level etc will be the beneficiaries if this happens. Rick Shiels will hammer companies for raising their price by that amount and he does carry a lot of influence with people. I said on another thread that energy bills and tax are rising this year. I’m not sure companies can justify this

50 minutes ago, rkelso184 said:

It has lot of carbon and going to be a LOT of $$$$ 

I was told it will be $1,200 AUD!

Don't understand how it can be more Carbon than the SIM2.  In the SIM2 the entire head was Carbon except the Titanium Face and Aluminum Ring.  This must be some new expensive material.  Again, I think they are hitting new price points the vast majority of people are unwilling to pay.  Most of the guys I play with are unwilling to pay over $400 for a driver.

5 minutes ago, Gorham1 said:

Don't understand how it can be more Carbon than the SIM2.  In the SIM2 the entire head was Carbon except the Titanium Face and Aluminum Ring.  This must be some new expensive material.  Again, I think they are hitting new price points the vast majority of people are unwilling to pay.  Most of the guys I play with are unwilling to pay over $400 for a driver.

Expensive for us not for them to manufacture. Absolute joke I imagine Callaway will be charging a second Mortgage too.

I’m pretty sure I paid over $700 for an R7 TP with the full weight kit and a Speeder 757 a lot of sleeps ago. 

• Haha 2

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

20 minutes ago, getair23 said:

I’m pretty sure I paid over $700 for an R7 TP with the full weight kit and a Speeder 757 a lot of sleeps ago. 

Understood.  I am 66 years old and buy the regular clubs (not TP), with the standard shafts.  I have never paid anything close to that.  Perhaps TM should reduce the price and charge premiums for more premium shafts.  A choice of 3 or 4 shafts is going to cover 90% of golfers.

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic