Wilson Staff Model CB $149.99

jpdx

54 minutes ago, OKMrazor said:

Yeah, and so many of them are acting as if they are the aggrieved party, Wilson will lose their business forever, etc.

It's crazy and juvenile.

Lose their business forever, yet id bet a large percentage never had wilson on their minds. 

i didnt think the percentage of getting these was high and was 99.99% sure it was an error. But figured why not try and pass the deal to the groups as ive gotten some really good deals from this community. 

maybe if i didnt post, there was a bigger chance? Lol

Edited by jpdx
  • Like 2

How may of these will be on the BST here and ebay in a couple weeks?  LOL

• Like 3

Taylormade SIM2 10.5  HZRDUS RDX blue 60  6.0

Titleist 917f2 16.5 (C1)  Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Ping G410 19  Aldila Rogue black 85s

Srixon Z745 4-P Modus 105s

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0  52/12, 58/10

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB 

Titleist Players 4+

9 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

lol at all the clowns expecting to get a full set at this price. Are you on your last brain cell?

Why would you WANT to do this to a company when you KNOW its a pricing error? 

GimMe My StuFf!!!! HoNor YoUr PricE!!!! 

Rediculous entitled comments in that IG post.

Stop making sense!

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Tensei CK Orange 60/S

TEE EXS 220 15* - Tensei CK Orange 70/S
TEE EXS Pro 19*/22* - Tensei AV Silver 70/S
TEE EXS Pro Blade 5-P  TT Elevate Tour/S
TEE EXS Blade 52/56/60 - DG115/S
White Hot OG 7

37 minutes ago, OKMrazor said:

Oh well.  Unfortunate in a way, but totally reasonable.

My dark side was looking forward to the onslaught of complaints about Wilson shipping delays. 

It was a shot in the dark if we would get them or not! I’m not out anything and it was worth the try!! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 9* Diamana ZF 60TX
Titleist 917 F2 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
Titleist TSi2 18* Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T100 4-9 TI X100
Vokey SM8  46  50  55  60 TI S400
Taylormade Spider Tour 

35 minutes ago, njmack said:

Well... maybe spoke too soon--charge is back on CC statement & no longer pending. Weird...

I haven’t seen a refund on my CC yet either and my charge is still pending. What’s weird is that you can no longer even find the irons on Wilson’s site. I’m guessing they pulled them while they tried to sort out legitimate orders and erroneous orders? I bet some Wilson web admin got a not-so-pleasant phone call interrupting what was supposed to be a relaxing Labor Day weekend 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, jhuprich said:

I bet some Wilson web admin got a not-so-pleasant phone call interrupting what was supposed to be a relaxing Labor Day weekend 😂😂😂

This will sit on the shoulders of some underling

2 minutes ago, LPSISCO said:

Between this thread and the “graphite design free upgrade” one, I’m very disappointed in the WRX members. “Please don’t call the vendor, I want to make sure I can take advantage of their mistake”. WTF? 

I’m sure there are plenty of posts from these same members detailing how honorable they are on the course, and how golf is a game of honor, blah blah blah. It’s laughable. 

Yes, though the Graphite Design (I felt) was far less egregious.  In my mind there was some question as to whether it was a mistaken offer - I think TM has a Ventus offering as stock and that GD/TSi deal was up for quite some time - I think they're still available in fairways.  (I ended up ordering a FW, fwiw - that was still available as a free option last I checked earlier this week). 

The Wilson deal would be an obvious mistake to anyone who has ever wandered in the periphery of golf retail as a customer.  My daughter's clubs (7 yrs old at the time) cost 33% more.  It's no deal, it was a mistake.  They happen.  It may be honored - which I don't in any way feel is necessary - and if 20 ppl got the deal, that's fine.   I've read (not confirmed/social media) that thousands of orders were placed, though.  That's a whole different game.  No company should wear that or feel bad about cancelling orders.  No employee at the data entry level should reasonably have this hanging over their head.  That's why there is the fine print - for everyone's protection (consumer as well as company).  

On one of Wilson's social media posts (Twitter, I think) a guy complained that he had purchased multiple sets with the potential intent of donating for auction to benefit the care of stillborn children, implying Wilson was impeding that charity.  WTF kind of exploitation is that?

As I type this out, one thing's for sure - I've lingered to watch the train wreck for too long.  It was as interesting as imagined, but as should have been expected, not equally satisfying in the end.   

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, LPSISCO said:

Between this thread and the “graphite design free upgrade” one, I’m very disappointed in the WRX members. “Please don’t call the vendor, I want to make sure I can take advantage of their mistake”. WTF? 

I’m sure there are plenty of posts from these same members detailing how honorable they are on the course, and how golf is a game of honor, blah blah blah. It’s laughable. 

I hear you but most people have no problem taking advantage of a glitch in pricing by a multimillion dollar enterprise. It doesn't make them a bad person.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, nikeblades00 said:

I hear you but most people have no problem taking advantage of a glitch in pricing by a multimillion dollar enterprise. It doesn't make them a bad person.

Definitely doesn't make them a bad person (I hope not - I picked up a GD fw).  The aftershock might though (just read some of the vitriol on those threads).  

Edited by OKMrazor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nikeblades00 said:

What does it matter if the company has positive earnings?  They employ a lot of people.  Should they just break even?  They design, build, and sell objects people want, they deserve to turn a profit.

It's taking advantage of an unmistakeable error/hack.  It may not make them a bad person if they merely made the order, but it starts to point that way when they say "Don't call the company (so they can keep themselves from losing serious money)"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SPIF said:

What does it matter if the company has positive earnings?  They employ a lot of people.  Should they just break even?  They design, build, and sell objects people want, they deserve to turn a profit.

It's taking advantage of an unmistakeable error/hack.  It may not make them a bad person if they merely made the order, but it starts to point that way when they say "Don't call the company (so they can keep themselves from losing serious money)"

Well I theoretically wouldn't feel bad if McDonalds didn't charge me for my fries as part of my order, but at my local mom and pops burger joint I would point out to the waitress you forgot to charge me for my fries! 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rfern12 said:

Noticed I have a second charge on my card for less than 10 bucks 

Wilson describes that on their web page, part of CC verification, ultimately doesn't go through as a charge

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 PNT 19*

Maltby DBM Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

7 minutes ago, Rfern12 said:

That was in addition to the full charge. Anyways I spoke too soon as I got the email that some share above. 

Correct, it's a ~5% amount that they run as a preauthorization, doesn't ultimately get charged (many companies do this)

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 PNT 19*

Maltby DBM Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

• 2 weeks later...

I have not received a refund, either.  Also paid via PayPal.

Taylormade SIM 9˚ w/Ventus Red 6S shaft and ZGrip Cord grip

Taylormade SIM Ti 3W 15˚ w/Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0-S shaft and ZGrip Cord Align grip

Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19˚ w/Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0-S shaft and ZGrip Cord Align grip

Callaway Apex 20˚ Hybrid w/Kuro Kage Black 80Hyb stiff shafts and ZGrip Cord Align grip

Srixon Zx5 5-AW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts and GripMaster Kidd leather grips

Vega 52˚ (bent to 53˚) VW-10 and 60˚ VW-06 wedges w/KBS FLT shafts and GripMaster Kidd leather grips

SeeMore mFGP20 Putter

OGIO Silencer stand bag

Uneekor EyeXo launch monitor w/TGC2019 Sim software