2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

P Reed not happy about Ryder Cup snub

DrivingChamp

I like Phil...as a golfer.  As a person, he's a "tool" at best.  As a captian...GTFOH.  He is not RC Captain material by any stretch of the imagination.

Let's be clear.  Did anyone have the FIGJAM moniker among players before Phil?  No.  Practically invented for Phil.  You do not go from FIGJAM to leader in any lifetime.  It's not a knock on Phil.  He's just not that guy.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

Wife: Do these jeans make me look fat?

East Coast Husband: It's not the jeans that make you look fat. You're fat.

I don’t think our wives get fat.  Short winters , push mowing Bermuda grass , high humidity….. 😜.  

but seriously.  If you dislike someone. Own it. Take the heat that it brings.  But I tend to agree with what’s Been posted. Steve told us why.  Health.  And I think he’s telling the truth.  

• Like 4

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, Tpfol said:

Actually we do know exactly why. Stricker wasnt comfortable with his health and how much/how well he recently he played.  I know this because thats what he told us. So unless someone first hand cant prove Stricker wasnt honest, I'll consider it fact

I hope you don’t take everyone at their word. Tough roads ahead!

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I don’t think our wives get fat.  Short winters , push mowing Bermuda grass , high humidity….. 😜.  

but seriously.  If you dislike someone. Own it. Take the heat that it brings.  But I tend to agree with what’s Been posted. Steve told us why.  Health.  And I think he’s telling the truth.  

I prefer to mask my distaste and undermine them via surrogates and minions.

🤣

Well, as far as corporate dbaggery goes, that is. I’m fairly blunt on a personal level.

Although I have learned to tolerate people much better without being aggravated. Some folks just are how they are and they’re not changing. 

• Haha 1

When you're a RC Captain, you have to justify your picks before the tourney starts. And, if you lose, after it is over. 

If, however, you slaughter your opponents so badly that they are almost humiliated? Not so much. Anyone questioning you just looks slightly foolish.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

I don't care if SS was being totally frank about his reasons.  Plain civility and manners would downplay calling out PR.  If SS was just acting like a real adult that's actually to his credit.  That's why WRXer girlfriends are always washing their hair and taking their cat to a vet when they really just can't stand the thought of another date. 🤣

On 9/27/2021 at 10:51 AM, bscinstnct said:

By what exact measurements do you say….

“his attitude isn't worth his skills even as great of a golfer as he is at times. “

His golf accomplishments are easily quantified,

Major winner, consistent top-10 owgr, 9 pga tour wins. 3Euro wins.

Ryder Cup record 7-3-2. 3-0 in singles.

How are you specifically factoring his “attitude” impacting a Ryder Cup team? Beyond anecdotal stuff like, they don’t “like” him?

I have a question for those that say you can't keep Reed off the team based on Attitude. 1992 Dream Team-Isiah Thomas

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tpfol said:

Well I feel more confident in believing what Stricker said as opposed to believing anonymous posters on an internet forum spewing conspiracy, but hey, you do you

Pat Reed was left off the team because he's a d***** bag and no one likes him!

tinfoilhatguy.jpg.f67f49ce5950986950ca8ddf5cf8e7c6.jpg

Crazy!

Oh, actually it's not.

Edited by Mustard_Tiger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dropkicked said:

That was all MJ though.... I don't think Tiger is booting PReed from any team.

The team is Speith  and JT now and TW would side with them. I dont think Tiger thinks much of Reed anyway listening to the NLU pod leading into the RC. I know Tiger is good friends with JT.

Edited by MUNIGRIT

4 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

The team is Speith  and JT now and TW would side with them. I dont think Tiger thinks much of Reed anyway listening to the NLU pod leading into the RC. I know Tiger is good friends with JT.

Tiger?

He likes PR. Why? what you got from NLU?

And TW isn’t going to let JT and Jordan bro-fest play any role in his decision making and “side” with them. Look Euros, they all buddies and they got demolished. 

Plus it’s insulting to JT and JS to say they would act like sorority sisters and exclude Reed (should he be ranked #7-#11 owgr by RC selection time.

I don’t think these guys are that shallow or disrespectful to a guy who has played himself onto the team. 

Plus, who knows where JS is ranked in two years. 

Reed could very well be a few spots ahead of him ; )

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Tiger?

And TW isn’t going to let JT and Jordan bro-fest play any role in his decision making and “side” with them. Look Euros, they all buddies and they got demolished. 

Plus it’s insulting to JT and JS to say they would act like sorority sisters and exclude Reed (should he be ranked #7-#11 owgr by RC selection time.

I don’t think these guys are that shallow or disrespectful to a guy who has played himself onto the team. 

Sure, if he cheats again.

Sorry...couldn't resist.  😂

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

For the next Ryder Cup (Roma, Italia) Zach Johnson will be Team USA captain. For the one after that (New York) Phil Mickelson will be Team USA captain. Patrick Reed may earn the points to play both of these events.

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

17 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Tiger?

If Reed is 7th to 11th in the world he will auto qualify most likely. All I'm saying is he isn't a lock to make the team if he doesn't qualify. He is not liked among his peers and he isn't this unreplaceable piece people make him out to be. Tiger told Reed to shut the f*** up until he gets 74 more wins and 14 majors. Tiger doesn't like the guy and I dont know why people think he does. If JT, Spieth and Tiger don't like you you better auto qualify.

Edited by MUNIGRIT
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

If Reed is 7th to 11th in the world he will auto qualify most likely. All I'm saying is he isn't a lock to make the team if he doesn't qualify. He is not liked among his peers and he isn't this unreplaceable piece people make him out to be. Tiger told Reed to shut the f*** up until he gets 74 more wins and 14 majors. Tiger doesn't like the guy and I dont know why people think he does. If JT, Spieth and Tiger don't like you you better auto qualify.

Cool story, I’d love to read it. Do you have any kind of link to Tiger saying that? I hadn’t heard that one.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

8 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

NLU podcast with Speith.

So, let’s just say that your recounting of Tigers quote isn’t accurate, per Spieth and that your opinion is, let’s just say, a bit open to debate. You said,

“Tiger told Reed to shut the f*** up until he gets 74 more wins and 14 majors. Tiger doesn't like the guy and I dont know why people think he does.”

So, since I have no interest in listening to an hour long podcast of JS 🤣, I let Google do my bidding.

Here is the actual context and quotes around, what I believe you are describing. I’ll leave it to others to form an opinion.

“The story took place during Saturday morning's foursomes when Spieth and Reed were taking on Sergio Garcia and Rafa Cabrera Bello. Woods, one of the U.S.'s vice captains, was following the match containing two members of his pod. Spieth told No Laying Up's Chris Solomon he joked with Tiger that he'd never played alternate shot this well. When Woods responded with "something smart," Reed jumped in on the boasting. We'll let Spieth take it from there:

"Tiger goes, 'Don't worry, Patrick, you only need 74 more wins and 14 more majors.' And then I go, 'Patrick, you can't talk sh#! to him, because you can't even talk sh*! to me. You need two more majors and four more wins to get to me!'"

But then Reed backed up his bravado. Spieth continued, "It's that kind of talk that gets him going, and he went off there right afterwards. But it was a funny moment with Tiger because you don't really hear Tiger talk about everything he's dropped to go back on Patrick and he used it there, because he was just like, 'Screw this guy. I'm using this right now. Who is this guy?'"

"This guy," of course, turned out to be Team USA's leader in the victory over Europe“

Spieth also says of Reed,

“Man, the fire he brings. It's just. . . He's Captain America, man, in that tournament."

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/jordan-spieths-story-of-tiger-woods-and-patrick-reed-trash-talking-each-other-at-the-ryder-cup-is-too-good

Meantime, here’s Jim Furyk quoted in 2018 on the Reed/Tiger relationship. 

“I’m asking all the players, who do you want to play with, who don’t you think you should play with,” Furyk said. “I knew how much Tiger likes Pat, how he admired his grit.“

https://golf.com/news/tiger-woods-wanted-play-patrick-reed-ryder-cup/?amp=1

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Thanks 1

@bscinstnct you seem to being going into overtime defending Reed 🙂  

I just don't get this love affair a few here have for him.  Yes he did great in the 2014 RC and was pretty solid in 2016, but most recently not so in the either the RC or PC.   The bottom line is that Reed wasn't missed in the least at the 2021 RC. The captains picks did very well despite claims by some here that we'd get destroyed and the picks were horrible etc. 

We don't really know what goes on behind closed doors of the tour, but there's some foretelling evidence we do know about Reed that wouldn't exactly make him endearing with others.  

• Reed is on video cheating (bunker double scrape away). --- The players on tour have always been harsh on cheaters and it can take years or a lifetime to shake off, if ever.  
  • Reed has a history of saying or supporting divisiveness toward others;  
    • “I guess my name needs to be Jordan Spieth..." with regard to him being unhappy about his ruling at Bay Hill and where he also accused the PGA rules officials of being biased. Wow WTF!
    • His complaining that Furyk didn't play him with YJS at the Paris RC.  Reed saying his captain and teammates acted outside of the team’s best interest. Saying that Furyk’s alternate explanation was “B.S.”     
    • He liked Tweets that derided Steve Stricker for his Captain's picks.  It's one thing to like a post that says something akin to "Patrick you will be missed" but it's a whole other matter of d-baggery to like tweets that denigrate Stricker. 
    • Baseball ticket complaint on Twitter--- Really Patrick!!!? What an entitled and ungrateful ******.
    • Telling the cameraman he's not allowed to video him because he allegedly was jingling change in his pocket.  BDC got killed by people for saying something similar. 

It will be interesting to see how things evolve for the 22 PC and the 23 RC. Will he qualify and if not will he be selected?  Either way I'll look forward to the banter on WRX even more. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

@bscinstnct you seem to being going into overtime defending Reed 🙂  

I just don't get this love affair a few here have for him.  Yes he did great in the 2014 RC and was pretty solid in 2016, but most recently not so in the either the RC or PC.   The bottom line is that Reed wasn't missed in the least at the 2021 RC. The captains picks did very well despite claims by some here that we'd get destroyed and the picks were horrible etc. 

We don't really know what goes on behind closed doors of the tour, but there's some foretelling evidence we do know about Reed that wouldn't exactly make him endearing with others.  

• Reed is on video cheating (bunker double scrape away). --- The players on tour have always been harsh on cheaters and it can take years or a lifetime to shake off, if ever.  
  • Reed has a history of saying or supporting divisiveness toward others;  
    • “I guess my name needs to be Jordan Spieth..." with regard to him being unhappy about his ruling at Bay Hill and where he also accused the PGA rules officials of being biased. Wow WTF!
    • His complaining that Furyk didn't play him with YJS at the Paris RC.  Reed saying his captain and teammates acted outside of the team’s best interest. Saying that Furyk’s alternate explanation was “B.S.”     
    • He liked Tweets that derided Steve Stricker for his Captain's picks.  It's one thing to like a post that says something akin to "Patrick you will be missed" but it's a whole other matter of d-baggery to like tweets that denigrate Stricker. 
    • Baseball ticket complaint on Twitter--- Really Patrick!!!? What an entitled and ungrateful ******.
    • Telling the cameraman he's not allowed to video him because he allegedly was jingling change in his pocket.  BDC got killed by people for saying something similar. 

It will be interesting to see how things evolve for the 22 PC and the 23 RC. Will he qualify and if not will he be selected?  Either way I'll look forward to the banter on WRX even more. 

Talk about overtime, you just presented a PR docu-drama there ; )

I don’t even like PR. Just good fodder for sports talk. Clearly with 20 pages on this thread, it’s talk worthy lol

But look at my post to show how potentially incorrect info is spread. 

A random person says, 

“Tiger doesn’t like the guy”

Meantime we have Furyk saying…

“Furyk said. “I knew how much Tiger likes Pat”

• Like 1

Has Reed , Na, Kisner, or Horschel congratulated the Ryder Cup team on social media? Not saying it’s necessary but might be a way in for 2023 if you don’t play your way on.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

13 hours ago, NoTalentLefty said:

Has Reed , Na, Kisner, or Horschel congratulated the Ryder Cup team on social media? Not saying it’s necessary but might be a way in for 2023 if you don’t play your way on.

Reed read on golfwrx he never has a chance so said f it.

In a couple hours someone from here will tweet he knows that to have really happened.😂

• Haha 2

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar