2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

P Reed not happy about Ryder Cup snub

DrivingChamp

54 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

Maybe so... IMO - Striker made a judgmental error.  How many times was Rahm diagnosed with Covid, yet he played? 

Some men, recently sick, maybe convulsing and puking their guts out, even wounded, still have a degree of spirit and fight in them that is beyond the imagine of others that tend to whine about their boo-boos. 😛

Reed is a whiner. That’s the point 

40 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

More like storm Whistling Straits to take points and the dam Trophy after stomping on the necks of opponents.  If you want to win, it's about your frame of mind, or lack thereof.

With all the damn money now flowing to players and around The Ryder Cup, its NO LONGER an exhibition event.  Little David's, together, want dearly to slay Goliath. 

Patrick Reed wanted to stomp the neck of his opponents in 2018, but ended up losing two of those battles while winning only one.  Then he whined about his coach and some of his teammates.  Real warriors don't blame others, at least not publicly.

It would appear that it's more than your frame of mind.  It's probably more about which side is putting better.  But even there, putting is more about calming your mind than it is about stomping somebody.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

“This is Steve”

”Steve Sticker?”

”Yes”

”Well this is bsc from golfwrx. And everybody sayin you shouldn’t be captain. You got no killer instinct bro”

”Hey listen, I’d love to chat but I just took this Elk down and I’m about to pull it’s heart and lungs out. Can I call you back”

”Never-mind”

🤣

FAB5B0E5-F2F1-45E3-9D2C-09681D2B4164.jpeg

That's right.  Real men hunt with arrows, not bullets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

Patrick Reed is toxic. I never want to see him on a U.S. team again. We should trade him to the Euros for Rory McIroy.

We don't want him.

• Haha 4

Mizuno ST190 TS Driver Fujikura Atmos 6R

Cobra Radspeed 5W Fujikura Motore X F3 R

Taylormade 3,5 Hybrid (2010)
5 - 6 Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Recoil F3 95g R 
7 -W Mizuno MP18 SC Recoil F3 95g R
52.08 Vokey SM5
56.08 Vokey SM5
Any of 5 Pings and 1 Seemore FPG

9 minutes ago, DFS PFD said:

Whole lot of grown men doing nothing but whining about another man's whining. Very productive. Maybe we should just move on and hope Reed does the same. Hope the Ryder Cup is a great competition. 

You are whining about grown men whining about another man's whining. It's a vicious circle of whining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, ShowMe said:

That's right.  Real men hunt with arrows, not bullets.

Holy crap, that is a MONSTER! He killed that thing with a bow and arrow? Bloody elk can be mean. Like his Canadian brethren, the Moose, they are dangerous as hell. Ive had friends chased by Moose who were badly wounded. Not sure about Elk but Moose are excellent eating. My mother in law makes a wicked Moose stew. YUMMY  

I think Mike Weir had moose on his Masters dinner menu. Not sure how many guys ate it but if it was cooked right they missed a treat! 

EDIT: I should have said "badly wounded moose have chased friends like they weren't wounded at all. That's after being shot with a RIFLE" 

Edited by DanoCanuck
Correction

42 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

You'd think, but there goes that logic because Reed isnt on that team

That's what I'm saying. If he earned his way, Stricker had no choice, but he wasn't going to pick him based on past behavior. Also, I believe Stricker got some feedback from other players about the guys he did pick.

42 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

That's what I'm saying. If he earned his way, Stricker had no choice, but he wasn't going to pick him based on past behavior. Also, I believe Stricker got some feedback from other players about the guys he did pick.

46 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

15 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

Still doesn't matter how you think he acts or anybody else's feelings on him. If he produces, that is all that matters. The Ryder Cup is about winning a competition. 100% merit based, not feelings. 

Except he didn’t produce last year. 1 point? Also the way he acts affects others on the TEAM. 

it’s almost like he feels that the nickname is a free lifetime ENTITLEMENT pass to be in the Ryder cup. So annoying how people now think they’re “more American” than others because they have more flags. He’s in that camp IMO

Edited by stingerfade
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

Still doesn't matter how you think he acts or anybody else's feelings on him. If he produces, that is all that matters. The Ryder Cup is about winning a competition. 100% merit based, not feelings. 

The Ryder Cup is a meaningless, media-driven cash grab. The format is dumb and the stakes are zero. 

Leaving the player off the team that actually cares about winning is probably not the best move, but these days people let the Twitter mob dictate their decisions. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

9 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

Then the US should only bring 6 guys to the Ryder cup? Because only 6 "earned" there way.

And his past behavior of actually winning Ryder Cup matches shouldnt be held against him right?

1 minute ago, Tpfol said:

Then the US should only bring 6 guys to the Ryder cup? Because only 6 "earned" there way.

And his past behavior of actually winning Ryder Cup matches shouldnt be held against him right?

His behavior of mouthing off after the last Ryder Cup probably cost him. He only won one last time. He has not been healthy recently. Also, I said that being tough to get along with worked against him. Stricker picked 6 guys that he thought would be better team players. Those picks were based on play, and attitude. Reed's play had tailed off from early in the year. If you want Reed on the team, send him a note, and tell him to play better.

• Like 3

“”It was the uncertainty of his health and the lack of play that led to our decision down the stretch,’’ Stricker said of Reed, who returned for last week’s Tour Championship.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/09/10/patrick-reed-likes-tweets-ripping-coward-ryder-cup-captain-after-snub/amp/

Our decision? Who is “our”? You the captain, Stevio. You already sound wishy washy.

PS-please don’t track me now and shoot me with an arrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stingerfade said:

Except he didn’t produce last year. 1 point? Also the way he acts affects others on the TEAM. 

it’s almost like he feels that the nickname is a free lifetime ENTITLEMENT pass to be in the Ryder cup. So annoying how people now think they’re “more American” than others because they have more flags. He’s in that camp IMO

His record is still very good 7-3-2. These guys are the best players in the world. If they can't put aside their personal differences and focus on winning then something is amiss. Perhaps that is why historically the US is not doing well against Europe, they just put together teams with their buddy networks and who is popular (players with ratings) rather than the better match play players. The nickname is irrelevant.

Edited by tacklingdummy

4 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

His behavior of mouthing off after the last Ryder Cup probably cost him. He only won one last time. He has not been healthy recently. Also, I said that being tough to get along with worked against him. Stricker picked 6 guys that he thought would be better team players. Those picks were based on play, and attitude. Reed's play had tailed off from early in the year. If you want Reed on the team, send him a note, and tell him to play better.

Dechambeau and Woods combined for a 0-7 record, if able to play, and not qualified you'd leave them off too? Doubt it

This mouthing off stuff after 2018 is a bunch of mullarkey. The team was embarrassed and the frustrations got leveled at the jerk on the team. Seve is one of the greatest Ryder cup players ever. Didnt get along with many, had some lean years but still was always on the team. Why? Because he loved the Ryder cup and everything it stood for. We need guys like that. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

“”It was the uncertainty of his health and the lack of play that led to our decision down the stretch,’’ Stricker said of Reed, who returned for last week’s Tour Championship.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/09/10/patrick-reed-likes-tweets-ripping-coward-ryder-cup-captain-after-snub/amp/

Our decision? Who is “our”? You the captain, Stevio. You already sound wishy washy.

PS-please don’t track me now and shoot me with an arrow. 

Stricker made the correct call for exactly those reasons.  Whistling Straits is a Pete Dye course, which means "Target Golf."  Reed is not doing very well at target golf these days.

PS - It's more likely that Reed's wife or brother-in-law would track somebody down than Stricker.

1 minute ago, Tpfol said:

Dechambeau and Woods combined for a 0-7 record, if able to play, and not qualified you'd leave them off too? Doubt it

This mouthing off stuff after 2018 is a bunch of mullarkey. The team was embarrassed and the frustrations got leveled at the jerk on the team. Seve is one of the greatest Ryder cup players ever. Didnt get along with many, had some lean years but still was always on the team. Why? Because he loved the Ryder cup and everything it stood for. We need guys like that. 

Except that Seve never, ever, ever blamed his coach or teammates when they lost, at least not publicly.  Never.

Other than that, you are correct.  Both Reed and Seve are jerks.  So is Koepka.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, acekun said:

Even if you exclude his personality, I don't understand the argument for Reed. He went 1-2 in last Ryder Cup and 1-3 in last President's Cup. He played like garbage. He hasn't played that great this year. Yeah, definitely need that guy on the team

Bubba

He is 11-10-5 across Ryder and President Cups.

2016 was a long time ago. But kudos for him for riding the Captain America narrative for so long. Surprised people still believe it but based on this thread, those people are out there. 

He's 7-3-2 in Ryder Cup. Period.

He won his singles match in 2018, when the team was eviscerated.

You know who didnt win their singles match?

Koepka

Tiger

DJ

Spieth

Fowler

Mickleson

Bryson

Bubba

He only won 1 point? 

Koepka 1-2-1

DJ 1-4

Tiger 0-4

Bryson 0-3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, acekun said:

Even if you exclude his personality, I don't understand the argument for Reed. He went 1-2 in last Ryder Cup and 1-3 in last President's Cup. He played like garbage. He hasn't played that great this year. Yeah, definitely need that guy on the team

He is 11-10-5 across Ryder and President Cups.

2016 was a long time ago. But kudos for him for riding the Captain America narrative for so long. Surprised people still believe it but based on this thread, those people are out there. 

PT Barnum was quite prescient.  

Just now, Tpfol said:

He's 7-3-2 in Ryder Cup. Period.

He won his singles match in 2018, when the team was eviscerated.

You know who didnt win their singles match?

Koepka

Tiger

DJ

Spieth

Fowler

Mickleson

Bryson

Bubba

He only won 1 point? 

Koepka 1-2-1

DJ 1-4

Tiger 0-4

Bryson 0-3

He won his match AFTER the Cup had already been lost.  Then he shushed the crowd.  Then he whined about his captain and teammates.  He is overrated, self-centered, and immature.

Maybe he should stop whining and improve his golf game enough so that he automatically qualifies and stop acting like an entitled boor.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShowMe said:

Except that Seve never, ever, ever blamed his coach or teammates when they lost, at least not publicly.  Never.

Other than that, you are correct.  Both Reed and Seve are jerks.  So is Koepka.

And Reed didnt blame Furyk, thats all sensationalism. Furyk made some head scratcher moves and they got crushed. Reed only played 2 matches and any competitor wants to play. Look the guy is a total tool, and I wouldnt want him in my foursome but you know what? The Euros dont like him either. 

• Thanks 1

Not every team player needs to be liked, by the team or by the fans. Most of the best teams in history had 1 or 2 villains, and in other contemporary sports there are a lot of disliked athletes, often revered for it. Reed may not have earned it this year, but he still could have been picked, yet many here feel our lustrous RC team needs to have a kumbaya vibe. No wonder our efforts are the way they are...  

• Thanks 1

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

30 minutes ago, ShowMe said:

Stricker made the correct call for exactly those reasons.  Whistling Straits is a Pete Dye course, which means "Target Golf."  Reed is not doing very well at target golf these days.

PS - It's more likely that Reed's wife or brother-in-law would track somebody down than Stricker.

Strickers own RC record stinks. So he knows how tough it is to produce wins out there and Reeds record, especially singles, is significant. 

His performance should garner the deserved respect and if he says he’s good to go, you put him on the team.

This is bs chemistry stuff which is fine for the seating arrangements at a bridal shower but no place here.

Stricker gonna get torched if his picks screw the pooch when he had a proven producer at his disposal. 

• Like 2