2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2021 Cambia Portland Classic, September 16-19

18majors

12 minutes ago, KBong said:

LOL.

Where haven't you golfed in the US?.....Alaska???

I imagine Grand National has the best courses in the RTJ trail.

Lol. Actually I haven't played in the northeast US. I've played in Ohio and North Carolina, but not north and east of there. 

Grand National was excellent, but I'd say Ross Bridge was my favorite. The Champions Tour played there. The tips stretch out over 8000 yds. Not my idea of fun. 

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

4 hours ago, KBong said:

Unfortunately as each year passes by....my desire to play Bandon lessens...I don't know why.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm on the east coast of Canada and 5yrs ago Landon was the one last golf trip I wanted to do in my lifetime. It was millions of miles ahead of any other golf destination I could think of. Now I don't even think about it anymore. I can get to Cabot Links fairly easily and have been a few times. Maybe that's it.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

26 minutes ago, 13ITZ said:

Snagged two tickets to this today and plan to go Sunday with my fiance. I've been to the Memorial as a kid and The Players a couple times so it will be cool to see a smaller event, especially LPGA. Looking forward to it.

I've only been to events in the midwest but without exception, it's always a great time.   

If Gabi Ruffels is in I'll pick her this week, why not.  Go get that card.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bad9 said:

I feel exactly the same way. I'm on the east coast of Canada and 5yrs ago Landon was the one last golf trip I wanted to do in my lifetime. It was millions of miles ahead of any other golf destination I could think of. Now I don't even think about it anymore. I can get to Cabot Links fairly easily and have been a few times. Maybe that's it.

The only significant difference between Cabot and Bandon, aside from the sheer number of courses, is that you get to see the glorious sunrise coming up and out of the ocean horizon at Cabot and you get to see the glorious sunset sink into the ocean horizon at Bandon . . .  😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Going with Lee6 and I feel it's safe to consider Marina Alex a darkhorse nowadays.

I was actually thinking that Jeongeun Lee6 would be a good pick!  *but*, I am thinking the winner will come from either Patty T., Brooke H., or Jin Young Ko. 

Or who knows . . . maybe Marina Alex?  It's become much more of a crapshoot these days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KBong said:

I assume you and hubby drive back and forth between FLA & OH.

Have you played any of the RTJ Trail courses?

No, never been there and hubby and I often travel south separately. However, an ex-hubby was a 3 handicapper whose father was a starter at Pinehurst. Played many of those courses at that time (Yes, #2!) and went to Masters practice days a couple times, back when you just walked in. Also, enjoyed playing at Hilton Head, Amelia Island, etc. 

BTW, just heard from NBC producer asking us if we wanted to be spotters for the PGA next month at the Shriners in Vegas. Nahhhhhh      Sorry, Off Topic!

MY PICKS THIS WEEK:    Yealimi        Darkhorse:   Sydnee Michaels

• Like 4

Draftkings betting odds:

Jin Young Ko                  7/1      Brooke Henderson           11/1      Patty Tavatanakit      12/1

Ariya Jutuanugarn         12/1     Nasa Hataoka                  14/1     Yealimi Noh                14/1     

Jeong Eun Lee6            16/1     Moriya Jutuanugarn         20/1    Hannah Green            22/1    

2 hours ago, 18majors said:

Draftkings betting odds:

Jin Young Ko                  7/1      Brooke Henderson           11/1      Patty Tavatanakit      12/1

Ariya Jutuanugarn         12/1     Nasa Hataoka                  14/1     Yealimi Noh                14/1     

Jeong Eun Lee6            16/1     Moriya Jutuanugarn         20/1    Hannah Green            22/1    

One question - where would Leona Maguire be in the odds if she had been playing? Hazard a guess?

It'll be interesting to see how Jin Young plays. It was rather odd that she skipped a major. Still no definitive answer on whether she's dealing with an injury. It's not like she's having a bad season, as she's 6th in CME points, and 13th in official money this season, but she certainly hasn't been firing on all cylinders. Her GIR percentage is down a bit from 2019, but she's fallen from 5th in putts per GIR in 2019 to 33rd this season.

• Like 1

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

It's a rare thing for me, but I've had days where I could see the line, and hit the putt along that line.  

Magical days, where everything goes in.

I imagine pros have many days like those.   And it must be scary when those days are elusive for them.

I guess that's why we fans watch.   Because we relate.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Nelly doesn't have to worry about Emma Raducanu's challenges on golf courses:

Wow ... Emma has a good swing . . . very athletic, good takeaway . . . she would just need to learn how to control the club path and club face on the downswing and through the impact zone.  Of course, not LPGA quality, but I sincerely doubt Nelly could hit shots on the tennis court like Emma. 😃

39 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Wow ... Emma has a good swing . . . very athletic, good takeaway . . . she would just need to learn how to control the club path and club face on the downswing and through the impact zone.  Of course, not LPGA quality, but I sincerely doubt Nelly could hit shots on the tennis court like Emma. 😃

You sure about that? With father and brother both being professional tennis players, I bet she plays a fairly mean game of tennis. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Lol. Actually I haven't played in the northeast US. I've played in Ohio and North Carolina, but not north and east of there. 

Grand National was excellent, but I'd say Ross Bridge was my favorite. The Champions Tour played there. The tips stretch out over 8000 yds. Not my idea of fun. 

I had a great time in 94 & 95 on a 16 person....gal & guy .....golf trip to Myrtle Beach.

The area has SO MANY courses and MB is really fun.

One of these best bars I've been to...it had a piano bar, "Cougar" bar and disco all under 1 roof.

The golf stores were amazing.

You should go...but IMO...it's best with a gang of golfers.

It's a little bit difficult to get to via plane...we drove down from Toronto....I was back to TO on a biz trip before the golf trip.

21 hours ago, Bad9 said:

You'd think Cabot would be far more popular and it isn't.

The Bandon threads on WRX are NUMEROUS...Cabot threads...not so much.

And the Mericans also get a great exchange rate too.

19 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

I was actually thinking that Jeongeun Lee6 would be a good pick!  *but*, I am thinking the winner will come from either Patty T., Brooke H., or Jin Young Ko. 

Or who knows . . . maybe Marina Alex?  It's become much more of a crapshoot these days.

This is a course new to all....so I'm guessing we'll have a somewhat surprise winner.

The weekend forecast doesn't look great.

When it's in it's 'normal' slot in late Aug...it was a near guarantee of 80-90*F sunny weather.....I've attended several times in the past.

17 hours ago, MagicClassic407 said:

and went to Masters practice days a couple times, back when you just walked in.

MY PICKS THIS WEEK:    Yealimi        Darkhorse:   Sydnee Michaels

Huh?....what decade could you walk in for free at Augusta for practice rds?

You know your a SERIOUS LPGA fangirl when you know who Sydnee Michaels is...you even spelled her name correctly too.

I volunteered to loop at a Cdn tour event in Squamish, BC in 2011...but at the last moment...the pro bailed....I think she didn't want to pay the $40 to have a loop for the entire event...the $40 was an admin fee?

I didn't end up with a bag...so I just went to watch.

Sydnee has signed up to play but was "no show'....I did enjoy listening to Ryann trash talking.

3 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

It'll be interesting to see how Jin Young plays. It was rather odd that she skipped a major. Still no definitive answer on whether she's dealing with an injury. It's not like she's having a bad season, as she's 6th in CME points, and 13th in official money this season, but she certainly hasn't been firing on all cylinders. Her GIR percentage is down a bit from 2019, but she's fallen from 5th in putts per GIR in 2019 to 33rd this season.

Hmmm....maybe JYK is washed up like Namdalla.🤣

With Namdalla fading along with Dumbo....I may never get to meet any Attack Girls or Flying Dumbo's at Shaugnessy in 2023....assuming we aren't in the Covid 19 11th wave.

I was really looking forward to chatting up some of the Attack Girls....they look like a FUN group.

I'd s*ck up to them and get some Korean candies/snacks from H-Mart to share with them.

Heck.....the way she's playing...The Rocket maybe be off the LPGA tour in 2023....playing The Cactus tour full time.

I won't even see Muni the POSER...she's be a professional bikini model by 2022 to pay the bills.

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

You sure about that? With father and brother both being professional tennis players, I bet she plays a fairly mean game of tennis. 

Yes.  She and Leylah just beat the top players in the world.  It's akin to saying that a 4 HDCP male can beat an LPGA player.

Edited by Golf Dino
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Agree....I assume Emma has seldom swung a golf club...so she has a great swing for a beginner.

Let's face it....tennis players are generally far superior athletes vs, golfers.

Tennis players also need to spend a HUGE amount of time on conditioning to build stamina and avoid fatigue to win....golfers???...not so much.

I highly doubt we'll ever see a top ranked tennis pro who looks like Jenny Money, InBee, Salas, Tim Herron, Calc. Mrs. Doubtfire or the Beef, etc...just sayin.

Did you see this past weekend...how much weight Rocco has lost.

On a another note...but a very very sad note....you might know this already....I was unaware.

I was at Burnaby Mountain yesterday...there was a memorial white board in the pro shop for one of the 3 teen hockey players who passed away in a car accident recently.

The teen was the son of Riverway's staff/pro...Jodi Reimer.

RIP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KBong said:

Agree....I assume Emma has seldom swung a golf club...so she has a great swing for a beginner.

Let's face it....tennis players are generally far superior athletes vs, golfers.

Tennis players also need to spend a HUGE amount of time on conditioning to build stamina and avoid fatigue to win....golfers???...not so much.

I highly doubt we'll ever see a top ranked tennis pro who looks like Jenny Money, InBee, Salas, Tim Herron, Calc. Mrs. Doubtfire or the Beef, etc...just sayin.

Did you see this past weekend...how much weight Rocco has lost.

On a another note...but a very very sad note....you might know this already....I was unaware.

I was at Burnaby Mountain yesterday...there was a memorial white board in the pro shop for one of the 3 teen hockey players who passed away in a car accident recently.

The teen was the son of Riverway's staff/pro...Jodi Reimer.

RIP.

Oh, no way.  I didn't realize that it was Jodi's son.  She is such a big supporter of BC Junior Golf too.  

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

LOL.

You know there's a huge difference between Jess and/or Nelly who might a good/great tennis game because of Petr's teachings vs. a competitive WTA pro.

Let's face it.

If I was to accept a serve from The Joker....I might only start to swing when the tennis ball had already hit the back stop....lol.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Go to H-Mart here and get some! 🤣

A Korean lady I golfed with .....took me to a H-Mart back in 2013 (we use to carpool)....I had never heard of H-Mart previously.

She bought me a bag of Korean candies.

So in 2015 & 2016...I bought some bags of Korean candies at H-Mart and a local Korean stop and gave them to The Rocket, Dumbo and Ha Na Jang....I didn't have any left to give to The Mini Rocket in 2015.

I hope Dumbo didn't throw away my bag of candy ....I think In Gee she threw away @Argonne69 handcrafted Dumbo driver head cover at O-Hare airport...lol....she uses a Dumbo headcover that a Taiwanese guy gave her....see below.

BUT Arg is always out doing me...instead of handing a out a cheesy bag of candy....I think Arg gave The Rocket a Chicago Blackhawk divot repair tool & ball marker or some jewelry too???

The Rocket is a Blackhawk fangirl.

I used to be a Blackhawk fan as a kid...my fav player was Stan Mikita and I was a Tony Esposito fan too.

The Koreans must have LUV'd playing at VGC....only a par 5 away from KoreaTown on North Rd....I saw 2 Korean pros with their agent in H-Mart.

Supposedly the Korean restaurant owners would be honoured and paid for the Korean LPGA pros & their team.....who ventured to their restaurants for dinner.

At VGC...you'd see many Korean women fangirls handing out Korean snacks to the Korean LPGA pros in between holes.

In 2015, I was surprised to see Hyo Joo had more fans than Inbee and So Yeon....Sei Young was still a bit under the radar....unfortunately I was not at 18 when SYK just missed a 6 ft birdie to miss out on the playoff.

I was out watching Lydia and sent my friend to go out to heckle SNaP...lol.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 2