2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos Γ—

Ryder Cup 2020/21 (***NO COVID/POLITICS***)

MattyO1984

On 9/14/2021 at 6:06 AM, imakaveli said:

We have one thread for the americans thinking they will loose, another one for americans thinking it will be a disaster, and then this one full of europeans telling americans to relax since Europe has no chance of winning 🀣🀣

Β 

I don't think we can pull off a win like in 2004 or 2012.

Β 

In 2004 the US side wasn't as strong as this year and in 2012 the European had more players in better form.

Β 

webbshank.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, iBanesto said:

Β 

I don't think we can pull off a win like in 2004 or 2012.

Β 

In 2004 the US side wasn't as strong as this year and in 2012 the European had more players in better form.

Β 

webbshank.gif

Β 

That is still THE most glorious shank I have ever seen! Almost as shocking now as it was then πŸ˜‚

• Haha 2

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15*Β Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Β 

12 minutes ago, iBanesto said:

Haha.

Β 

I actually like Webb but it seems like he hasn't played much this year to get on the Ryder Cup team.

Β 

Got to admit, when ever I have listened to him on TV or podcasts or whenever I have seen him interacting with people during practice rounds at The Open he comes across as just a thoroughly good guy. If the Cup had been in 2020 he was a guaranteed starter but 2021 hasn’t been stellar for him.

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Β 

51 minutes ago, imakaveli said:

Brooks should be an honorary Team Europe member. Thanks for trolling the USA, pal. 🀣

He trolled the media. The Ryder Cup really doesn’t mean anything to these guys.Β 

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 woodΒ Diamana D+Β X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

35 minutes ago, chillybilly said:

US media just can't leave well enough alone.

Β 

Steph Curry likes golf and plays often.Β  Great.Β  So do you.Β  So do I.Β  So do tens of millions of others.

Β 

'Oh but he can talk about championship pressure blah blah blah.....'

Β 

And I like Steph but...

Β 

Broadcasters watching other broadcasters are a dangerous lot because usually they're borrowing someone else's bad idea and it's usually ESPN's bad idea even if it's relabeled 'Vertical Integration.'

Β 

For some reason the borrowing broadcasters don't seem to notice that ESPN has descended into shouty talking-head madness as they attempt to do something, anything to claw back some ofΒ the crippling $1B NBA rights deal they signed.Β  But audiences aren't all that interested in hearing the same debate every 30 min and, in a shock to ESPN, aren't fussed about contracts, silly NBA 'beefs' and laborious discussions of tweets from individuals whose openly-stated goal was to avoid higher education altogether.

Β 

In sum, injecting the NBA into every corner of programming hasn't helped ESPN.Β  Quite the opposite.

Β 

A current or ex-Tour player brought in to comment on an NBA game or host off-court segments would be regarded as an interloper and rightly so even if the player could knock down threes in his driveway.Β  Obviously there is night and day difference between amateur proficiency and professional competitive ability.

Β 

Howard Cosell railed against what he called The Jockocracy throughout his career.Β  NBCU are calling it Symphony but it's more of the same.

Well said!Β  But customers keep throwing money at this crap because they've "got to have it" acting like it's air or water, essential for life or just an addiction like smoking.Β  The only way to stop it is to cut the cord, not subscribe go cold turkey---Β Β find other things to waste time and money on.Β  I cut the cord 4 years ago and have never looked back.Β  OhΒ and I'm about $5k ahead.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, gunmetal said:

Makes zero sense to pick Lowry over Rose.Β 

Β 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:28 PM, gunmetal said:

Β 

I like Shane. And it's not a bad pick. But Rose' RC history is pretty stellar iirc. I mean really good.Β 

Still, that would be a lot to bank on given the current state of his game, which simply isn't great. Lowry is the easy pick from a stats standpoint.Β 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0Β //Β Taylormade SIMΒ 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
TaylormadeΒ Stealth+Β 16*Β Ventus Black 8xΒ //Β Taylormade SIM Ti V2Β 16.5*Β Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8xΒ //Β Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOSTΒ HybridΒ Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22*Β Nippon GOSTΒ HybridΒ Tour XΒ 
BridgestoneΒ 
J40 DPC 4i-7iΒ 24*- 35*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CBΒ 8i-PWΒ 39*- 48*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind RawΒ 54*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
VokeyΒ SM6Β 58*Β Oil CanΒ LowΒ BounceΒ K-GrindΒ Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red DotΒ || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

55 minutes ago, iBanesto said:

Poor Westwood when his ball striking is off, it is very worrying.

Β 

Β 

yikes. I watched that whole video and now I’m sad and afraid to go the course.Β 
Β 

i just kept thinking to myself β€œabort mission, get me out of here”

Β 

But then you realize these guys are all double digits under par (except gmac) and it’s clear: bad shots happen no matter how good you are.Β 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chillybilly said:

US media just can't leave well enough alone.

Β 

Steph Curry likes golf and plays often.Β  Great.Β  So do you.Β  So do I.Β  So do tens of millions of others.

Β 

'Oh but he can talk about championship pressure blah blah blah.....'

Β 

And I like Steph but...

Β 

Broadcasters watching other broadcasters are a dangerous lot because usually they're borrowing someone else's bad idea and it's usually ESPN's bad idea even if it's relabeled 'Vertical Integration.'

Β 

For some reason the borrowing broadcasters don't seem to notice that ESPN has descended into shouty talking-head madness as they attempt to do something, anything to claw back some ofΒ the crippling $1B NBA rights deal they signed.Β  But audiences aren't all that interested in hearing the same debate every 30 min and, in a shock to ESPN, aren't fussed about contracts, silly NBA 'beefs' and laborious discussions of tweets from individuals whose openly-stated goal was to avoid higher education altogether.

Β 

In sum, injecting the NBA into every corner of programming hasn't helped ESPN.Β  Quite the opposite.

Β 

A current or ex-Tour player brought in to comment on an NBA game or host off-court segments would be regarded as an interloper and rightly so even if the player could knock down threes in his driveway.Β  Obviously there is night and day difference between amateur proficiency and professional competitive ability.

Β 

Howard Cosell railed against what he called The Jockocracy throughout his career.Β  NBCU are calling it Symphony but it's more of the same.

Β 

Amen, brother!Β  Bunch of Shock Jocks yelling back and forth at each other.Β  They seem to think that just because they yelled something, it makes it true.

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

What’s your best guess on Paddy’s Picks for first session - morningΒ Foursomes (alternate shot) - on day 1?

Β 

Based on current rank, age, past performance, wild guesses, internet chatter, and so on. I don’t have any inside info, and not particularly informed, but here’s my guesses:

Β 

Rahm and ?

McIlroy and ?

Casey and Westwood

Hovland and Fleetwood

Β 

I see Garcia with Rahm or Rory, but not sure who the 8th player will be? Hatton? Lowry?Β (I believe Poulter will go in afternoon Fourball.)

Β 

Euro experts and speculators -Β Β whoΒ do you want to see in the first session?

Β 

Titleist TSR4 9.5, Oban Devotion 6, 05 flex 65g
TM M4 Tour 3W, Oban Devotion 7, 05 flex 75g
TM R15 TP #3 (19*), Fujikura Speeder 869 X
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW, KBS C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged GW, KBS C-Taper X
Vokey Wedges - SM8Β 56.12 & 60.08 S400
Newport 2.5

14 minutes ago, mark m said:

What’s your best guess on Paddy’s Picks for first session - morningΒ Foursomes (alternate shot) - on day 1?

Β 

Based on current rank, age, past performance, wild guesses, internet chatter, and so on. I don’t have any inside info, and not particularly informed, but here’s my guesses:

Β 

Rahm and ?

McIlroy and ?

Casey and Westwood

Hovland and Fleetwood

Β 

I see Garcia with Rahm or Rory, but not sure who the 8th player will be? Hatton? Lowry?Β (I believe Poulter will go in afternoon Fourball.)

Β 

Euro experts and speculators -Β Β whoΒ do you want to see in the first session?

Β 

lowry and rory have played together since kids…they are a no brainer

rahm looks up to sergio and if u pair sergios hall striking with rahms driving and putting then watch out

hatton would be helped with a Poulter pairing…as Poulter tends to be a glass-is-half-full guy in ryder cup and if hatton keeps a cool head he can strike the ball…and Poulter will do the putting

that’s what I’d do anyway with those players

Β 

-chrisΒ 

• Like 1

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

2 minutes ago, Christosterone said:

lowry and rory have played together since kids…they are a no brainer

rahm looks up to sergio and if u pair sergios hall striking with rahms driving and putting then watch out

hatton would be helped with a Poulter pairing…as Poulter tends to be a glass-is-half-full guy in ryder cup and if hatton keeps a cool head he can strike the ball…and Poulter will do the putting

that’s what I’d do anyway with those players

Β 

-chrisΒ 

Thanks. I really don’t know about the personality likes and dislikes. I too like Garcia with Rahm, and Rory with Lowry. (But Rahm did not play with Garcia last time. Not sure why?)Β Do you see Poulter playing both sessions onΒ day 1? Historically he is better in Fourball. And he’s 45 years old.Β 

• Like 1

Newport 2.5

8 minutes ago, mark m said:

Thanks. I really don’t know about the personality likes and dislikes. I too like Garcia with Rahm, and Rory with Lowry. (But Rahm did not play with Garcia last time. Not sure why?)Β Do you see Poulter playing both sessions onΒ day 1? Historically he is better in Fourball. And he’s 45 years old.Β 

Poulter tends to do well in any pairing format but, as his euro teammates will attest, he is most desired as a partnerΒ in alternate shot…

they say he has the best hands on andΒ aroundΒ the green in all of europe…

In alternate shot, u wind up chipping and lag putting a lot so most players love having Ian on their alt shot teamΒ 

Β 

He is not long off the tee nor very straight….but inside 50 yards he is perhaps unmatched by anyone in the cup

he will play in 2 team events and get a 3rd if he goes 2-0 or 1-0-1 IMHO

-chris

Edited by Christosterone
  • Like 1

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

Do you guys believe all 12 EurosΒ will play on day 1? It has become common for both teams.Β But not always. Chris Wood and Fitzpatrick sat out day 1 in 2016 at Hazeltine. All 12 on both teams played on day 1 in France (2018).

Newport 2.5

Great to see Henrik Stenson named as the 5th vice captain for Europe joiningΒ Robert Karlsson, Germany's Martin Kaymer, Luke Donald of England and Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland in the role.

Β 

5th vice captain. Why only 5, seems a little light on?

Β 

Why doesn't a vice captain have their own vice captain, a deputy vice captain if you will?

Β 

Or just appoint every Euro player in the top 500 WGR as a vice captain, at least they'll have some supporters at the event.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //Β Β Cobra King Ltd FWYΒ @15.5Β° XCaliber FW S 43"Β //Β Β Cobra F7 FWYΒ @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5"Β //Β Β Titleist 818H1Β #4Β @20° Project XΒ Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40"Β // Titleist 818H1Β #6Β @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25"Β //Β Srixon Z565 6-PW:Β Β 6,7Β KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1,Β 8,9Β Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1,Β PWΒ Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //Β Cleveland CBX 50.11Β Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1Β //Β Β Cleveland RTX3 56.14Β bentΒ 55.13Β //Β Β Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10Β Β //Β Β TaylorMadeΒ Spider Tour Red #3 SightlineΒ 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0Β //Β Β TitleistΒ Pro V1xΒ //Β Β McGregorΒ Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

John Rahm has stomach issues.Β  Ruh roh...

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

Heading out to Chicago this Sunday for a little RC and quick boys golf trip. Playing Cog Hill on Monday and heading up to Whistling for Tuesday practice rounds followed by Olympia Fields on Wednesday. Any viewing tips? Lucky enough to score some chalet tickets. Going to follow Rory as much as I can.

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

AI Smoke TD 15

TM Rescue 16

MP20 HMB 4/3 Modus 120x

MP20 MB 5-P Modus 120x

T22 51S 55D T24 59V s400

Oworks 7s

11 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Great to see Henrik Stenson named as the 5th vice captain for Europe joiningΒ Robert Karlsson, Germany's Martin Kaymer, Luke Donald of England and Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland in the role.

Β 

Β 

Why doesn't a vice captain have their own vice captain, a deputy vice captain if you will?

Β 

Or just appoint every Euro player in the top 500 WGR as a vice captain, at least they'll have some supporters at the event.

Β 

Β 

Β 

There is a method behind the madness - One, Paul McGinley noticed at Medinah that Jose Maria had to stop watching the morning sessions and confirm the afternoon groupings. That meant he didn’t have eyes on every match. ThenΒ on days 1 and 2 there are four matches out on the course. There are also four guys not out there playing. One vice captain at a time can be with a match and the fifth can be with the guys on the sidelines making sure that they are not left behind. Seems to work for us πŸ˜ƒ

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Β 

30 minutes ago, MattyO1984 said:

Β 

There is a method behind the madness - One, Paul McGinley noticed at Medinah that Jose Maria had to stop watching the morning sessions and confirm the afternoon groupings. That meant he didn’t have eyes on every match. ThenΒ on days 1 and 2 there are four matches out on the course. There are also four guys not out there playing. One vice captain at a time can be with a match and the fifth can be with the guys on the sidelines making sure that they are not left behind. Seems to work for us πŸ˜ƒ

Yeh, I'll concede, it does make sense when looked at like that.

Β 

But vice captain? How about assistants?

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //Β Β Cobra King Ltd FWYΒ @15.5Β° XCaliber FW S 43"Β //Β Β Cobra F7 FWYΒ @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5"Β //Β Β Titleist 818H1Β #4Β @20° Project XΒ Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40"Β // Titleist 818H1Β #6Β @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25"Β //Β Srixon Z565 6-PW:Β Β 6,7Β KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1,Β 8,9Β Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1,Β PWΒ Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //Β Cleveland CBX 50.11Β Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1Β //Β Β Cleveland RTX3 56.14Β bentΒ 55.13Β //Β Β Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10Β Β //Β Β TaylorMadeΒ Spider Tour Red #3 SightlineΒ 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0Β //Β Β TitleistΒ Pro V1xΒ //Β Β McGregorΒ Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

20 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Yeh, I'll concede, it does make sense when looked at like that.

Β 

But vice captain? How about assistants?

Β 

I get you but let’s jazz it up some more:-

Β 

Henrik Stenson - Ice viceΒ Captain

Robert Karlsson - No one know why I am really here viceΒ Captain

Martin Kaymer - Don’t ask me about chipping vice Captain

Luke Donald - Ask me about chipping vice Captain

Graeme McDowell - Let’s have a pint vice Captain

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Β 

12 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Or maybe, as usual, they know something about what works for them which also makes them more successful over the short and long hauls.Β 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Or maybe, as usual, they know something about what works for them which also makes them more successful over the short and long hauls.Β 

ohyou.jpg

• Haha 1