Jump to content

Will Kevin Na pass Koepka & Fowler in Career earnings?


Yuck
 Share

Recommended Posts

Kevin has been cashing lots of checks and is now 27th in Career earnings with over $36 million, Right behind Bruce.  Although Kevin is 37 years old now, does he have a chance to end out ahead of both Fowler and Koepka on the Career $$$ list?  In 2022?  For entire career?.   With Kevins money making consistency, Bruce’s injury prone weakness and Ricky’s fall off in form, I think this is possible.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the time they are done, I can’t see him doing better than Brooksy if I am honest. Koepka will still earn plenty, with injuries the past year or two he has still managed to pick up a win in Phoenix and it seems like he can pick up cheques without his A game. Na whilst gritty needs more of his cylinders to be firing.

 

Rickie, who knows? 

Titleist TS3 8.5*
Titleist 915Fd 15*
Titleist U510 1 Iron
Titleist T100 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2021

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I expect that when each turns 50 years old Koepka will have achieved career earnings of $70 million, Na and Fowler each $50 million.

EARNINGS
1 Tiger Woods $120,851,706
2 Phil Mickelson $94,814,452
3 Dustin Johnson $72,594,310
4 Jim Furyk $71,479,894
5 Vijay Singh $71,236,216
6 Rory McIlroy $57,519,984
7 Adam Scott $56,960,400
8 Justin Rose $55,757,245
9 Sergio Garcia $53,537,052
10 Matt Kuchar $52,867,169
11 Ernie Els $49,339,400
12 Jason Day $49,004,626
13 Jordan Spieth $47,750,891
14 Bubba Watson $47,439,129
15 Zach Johnson $47,138,301
16 Davis Love III $44,944,195
17 Steve Stricker $44,936,354
18 Justin Thomas $44,085,824
19 Webb Simpson $43,196,393
20 David Toms $41,901,709
21 Stewart Cink $41,757,459
22 Charles Howell III $40,999,456
23 Brandt Snedeker $40,169,141
24 Rickie Fowler $39,990,482
25 Luke Donald $36,796,359
26 Brooks Koepka $36,670,172
27 Kevin Na $36,664,125
28 Patrick Reed $35,505,096
29 Rory Sabbatini $35,341,989
30 Paul Casey $34,879,789

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it comes down to who you think will win more at this point, or would you think will have high finishes. 

 

Big question with Brooks is health and how long he will play.

Na knows he can only win on certain courses, can he get it done on those courses.

Rickie, will he get his game back, also how long will he play, not for money reasons but motivation. 

 

On the flip side, if you took in total earnings, is anyone close to Rickie? Dunno what Na's sponsorship deals are, he could have some oversea stuff. Wildcard could also be for Na if he wins a major, Hideki won the Masters and they said it basically turned him into a billionaire, would that do the same for Na?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I first saw the thread, I'm like "what the heck is OP thinking?" How can you compare Kevin Na with Brooks & Rickie? 

 

Kevin Na has been sneaky consistent. Top 25 money earning every season in the last 5 seasons (I didn't bother to look further) while Brooks & Rickie vary wildly season-by-season. 

 

I see Kevin Na in the mode of Jim Furyk, Matt Kuchar, Webb & Steve Stricker. Excellent short game to be consistently cashing checks, don't have the long game to contend regularly, win once in a while when the courses fit their style, etc. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Medson said:

When I first saw the thread, I'm like "what the heck is OP thinking?" How can you compare Kevin Na with Brooks & Rickie? 

 

Kevin Na has been sneaky consistent. Top 25 money earning every season in the last 5 seasons (I didn't bother to look further) while Brooks & Rickie vary wildly season-by-season. 

 

I see Kevin Na in the mode of Jim Furyk, Matt Kuchar, Webb & Steve Stricker. Excellent short game to be consistently cashing checks, don't have the long game to contend regularly, win once in a while when the courses fit their style, etc. 

 

Yeah, I thought this question was a way to take a shot at a couple of guys that they didn't like but as I read this I think it's an interesting question.  Obviously the Brooks question is health.  His 4 majors is more than the combo of guys you listed plus Na and Fowler will ever win (currently 2 and at this point in their careers only Webb is a real plausible major winner).  I think with Brooks' multiple health concerns and Fowlers multi year slump that it's reasonable that Na's floor due to his consistency is the highest of the three.  But there's no chance I'd take him to beat both long term.  I'd actually pick Na third; i think Brooks stays healthy enough to continue to win big money events and Fowler rebounds to at least be a Na-type grinder who's got a few more years than Na.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fairway14 said:

 

I expect that when each turns 50 years old Koepka will have achieved career earnings of $70 million, Na and Fowler each $50 million.

EARNINGS
1 Tiger Woods $120,851,706
2 Phil Mickelson $94,814,452
3 Dustin Johnson $72,594,310
4 Jim Furyk $71,479,894
5 Vijay Singh $71,236,216
6 Rory McIlroy $57,519,984
7 Adam Scott $56,960,400
8 Justin Rose $55,757,245
9 Sergio Garcia $53,537,052
10 Matt Kuchar $52,867,169
11 Ernie Els $49,339,400
12 Jason Day $49,004,626
13 Jordan Spieth $47,750,891
14 Bubba Watson $47,439,129
15 Zach Johnson $47,138,301
16 Davis Love III $44,944,195
17 Steve Stricker $44,936,354
18 Justin Thomas $44,085,824
19 Webb Simpson $43,196,393
20 David Toms $41,901,709
21 Stewart Cink $41,757,459
22 Charles Howell III $40,999,456
23 Brandt Snedeker $40,169,141
24 Rickie Fowler $39,990,482
25 Luke Donald $36,796,359
26 Brooks Koepka $36,670,172
27 Kevin Na $36,664,125
28 Patrick Reed $35,505,096
29 Rory Sabbatini $35,341,989
30 Paul Casey $34,879,789


 

TW has played in 368 pga tour events. So, about 330k per event

 

For reference

 

 

TW won 486k at the 97 Masters

 

He won 2MM in the 2019 Masters

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, toc said:

Wow, way to go David Toms.

 

Have you ever been around him?  He's a jerk.  So is DL III.  

  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic Max LS MMT 70X

Titleist TSi2 13.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSi2 18* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G425 5-UW Steelfiber i95S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i95S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Newport M2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Blonde Line Lizard said:

Kevin Na?  Nahhhh.  After reading some of the threads/post here on WRX, I have come to the conclusion that Will Zalatoris is going to be the one to do it.  He just needs a few good tournaments under his belt.

 

Sorry Fowler fan-bois, but it is what it is.

Will Z is more likely than not to end up behind Ricky Fowler in the wins department. He might earn more money because the purses increase so much over time, but if Will Z wins 5 times I’ll be surprised. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cincy_Ken said:

 

Yeah, I thought this question was a way to take a shot at a couple of guys that they didn't like but as I read this I think it's an interesting question.  Obviously the Brooks question is health.  His 4 majors is more than the combo of guys you listed plus Na and Fowler will ever win (currently 2 and at this point in their careers only Webb is a real plausible major winner).  I think with Brooks' multiple health concerns and Fowlers multi year slump that it's reasonable that Na's floor due to his consistency is the highest of the three.  But there's no chance I'd take him to beat both long term.  I'd actually pick Na third; i think Brooks stays healthy enough to continue to win big money events and Fowler rebounds to at least be a Na-type grinder who's got a few more years than Na.

In the early Days of WRX I posted that I thought Anthony Kim would never win as much as Kenny Perry.  I got a lot of criticism on that thread.  The jury is not in just yet, but I think I got that one right.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, golfandfishing said:

Will Z is more likely than not to end up behind Ricky Fowler in the wins department. He might earn more money because the purses increase so much over time, but if Will Z wins 5 times I’ll be surprised. 

 

That is exactly 5 more wins than my prediction.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ShowMe said:

 

Have you ever been around him?  He's a jerk.  So is DL III.  

No I haven’t been around any of the people on that list just stunned to see his name on that list at all, let alone so high. Pretty well played career.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ShowMe said:

 

Have you ever been around him?  He's a jerk.  So is DL III.  

Strongly disagree with you about DT, and yes I have been around him, we talked about duck hunting, duck calls and retrievers, even invited him to go duck hunting and retriever training with my brother and I up north, ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 3whacker said:

Strongly disagree with you about DT, and yes I have been around him, we talked about duck hunting, duck calls and retrievers, even invited him to go duck hunting and retriever training with my brother and I up north, ....

 

Ted Bundy liked to duck hunt, too.  Doesn't mean he was a nice person.  Pay attention to how he treats or speaks about others when he doesn't have anything in common with them.

  • Sad 1

Callaway Epic Max LS MMT 70X

Titleist TSi2 13.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSi2 18* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G425 5-UW Steelfiber i95S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i95S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Newport M2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given as how Brooks claims he will pass tiger on majors , I’m not sure how.  But then again I Peed myself a little I laughed so hard when I read that.  That guy is literally full of it. 
 

 

so yes. Since Brooks has a fragile body. Likely will have Na eek him out.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

Epic Speed triple diamond 8.7 TB70 TX

TM 300 mini 13.5 Tensei CK blue 80TX 

TM sim max 18 Aldila rogue proto 85TX 

callaway xforged UT 21* ventus blue 9x 

Titleist T100 4-pw  MMT 125 TX 

Edel  SMS 54 58 MMT 125 TX 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Na is a true grinder and his career earnings have been increasing under the radar for years until recently when he's become quite a fan favorite.  He was always the "zero coverage" pro out there stacking checks.  Also consider the fact that his career at this point is old enough to drink legally.  

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Kevin Na, Brooks has been hurt a lot and Fowler's game hasn't been as good the past few years. With that said, I expect Na to be behind the other 2 when all is said and done.

 

I hope Kevin keeps playing well, but I expect Fowler to rebound.  Yes, his approaches and putting stats have declined, but he was top 10 at the PGA and he hasn't missed more than 2 cuts in a row since 2016, I believe. Certainly not at peak form, but not that far off. I suspect he will win and make the TC again.

Edited by SkiSchoolPro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand the fetish with career earned money.  There is the time value of money factor for one.  Players earn in 1 winners paycheck today more than what Hogan or Snead earned in their entire career.  Chrisl Paul makes more in 1 year than what Kevin has earned his entire career.   

Edited by mosesgolf

Ping G400 Max Fujikura Tour Spec 7.2 Stiff
PING G425 17.5 Tour 75 Stiff
PING G410 20.5 7 Wood Tour 75 Stiff

PING G425 23.5 9 Wood Tour 75 Stiff
PING I210 5-PW DGS 120 Stiff
Ping Glide 50 54 

Kirkland 60

Ping TYNE C Putter

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SkiSchoolPro said:

I like Kevin Na, Brooks has been hurt a lot and Fowler's game hasn't been as good the past few years. With that said, I expect Na to be behind the other 2 when all is said and done.

 

I hope Kevin keeps playing well, but I expect Fowler to rebound.  Yes, his approaches and putting stats have declined, but he was top 10 at the PGA and he hasn't missed more than 2 cuts in a row since 2016, I believe. Certainly not at peak form, but not that far off. I suspect he will win and make the TC again.

I think Rickie’s best days are behind him. Players younger, hungrier and better than him come out every year. He went from future star to fan favorite to overrated to maybe/could be to barely keeping his card pretty quick. He is more likely to fall into conditional status or need a medical exemption soon than win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Koepka is going to catch Tiger in majors so no chance. 

  • Thanks 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 RSM Classic - Discussion and Links
      2021 RSM Classic - Monday
      2021 RSM Classic - Tuesday #1
      2021 RSM Classic - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Brett Drewitt - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Matt Wallace - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Josh Creel - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Ben Crane - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Justin Lower - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Adam Svensson - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Brendon Todd - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Webb Simpson - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Chesson Hadley - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Kiradech Aphibarnrat - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Bill Haas - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Max Homa - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Nick Watney - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
       
       
      New Odyssey Tri Hot putters - 2021 RSM Classic
       
       
       
       
      • 2 replies
    • 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      Pat Perez - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Tony Finau - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Kramer Hickok - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Paul Barjon - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Nate Lashley - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Seamus Powers - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Dylan Frittelli - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      C.T. Pan - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Chase Koepka - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Branden Grace - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Marc Leishman - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Martin Laird - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Shane Lowery - WITB - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
       
      Cameron CT T-11 putter - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      New Graphite Design shafts - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Cameron cover from 2021 ZOZO Championship - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Bettinardi covers - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Cameron CT putters - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
       
       
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #4
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #1
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #2
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #3
       
       
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! 10 Testers Needed!
      L.A.B. Golf is choosing ten GolfWRX members to receive their MEZZ.1 putter early and put their brand new product to the test before reporting back to the community about what they see. The selected testers will be one of the first to experience the MEZZ.1 from L.A.B. GOLF, their newest Lie Angle Balanced design, ahead of it's January 2022 launch!
       
      About The L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Putter
      MEZZ.1 is our new mid-mallet putter that’s fully CNC machined from a billet of 6061 aircraft aluminum (body) and 303 stainless steel (midsection) to create our best-feeling — and we think best looking — putter to date. It includes 10 weights (eight on the bottom, two on the sides) that allow us to individually build each putter to a golfer’s exact specifications.
       
      How To Apply
      In a post below, answer the following questions.
       
      1. City, State?
      2. Handicap?
      3. What is your current putter?
      4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?
      5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?
      6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?
       
      That's it! @labgolf and GolfWRX will choose the testers in about 2 weeks! This testing event is for good-standing members in the USA only!
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 435 replies
    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 15 replies

×
×
  • Create New...