Azinger calls out Koepka on his Ryder Cup comments

ShowMe

I used to be a huge BK fan, but lost all respect for him when he said people in the crowd were going after his knee on the last hole of the PGA (after tanking the last round). 

BK = W.H.I.N.E.R.

• Like 4

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9.0* w/Fujikura Ventus VeloCore Blue 6s

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0

TaylorMade SIM Ti 19.0* w/Fujikura Ventus VeloCore Blue 7s

TaylorMade M3 19/22* w/OBAN Revenge 85

TaylorMade 2019 P790's 5- thru 9-Iron w/UST Recoil 95

Cleveland RTX ZipCore 6 46/09 w/KBS 610 115gr

Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50/09, 54/14, 58/14 w/KBS 610 115gr

Odyssey O-Works Red Tank #7 38-Inch w/SuperStroke CounterCore Flatso 2.0XL

TaylorMade 2022 Tour Response

18 minutes ago, SouthShoreRob said:

I used to be a huge BK fan, but lost all respect for him when he said people in the crowd were going after his knee on the last hole of the PGA (after tanking the last round). 

BK = W.H.I.N.E.R.

Bruce thinking he like...

Tripping Tiger: GBI Agents Slides Into The Dog House | Dog Leg News

• Haha 4

Titleist....

34 minutes ago, SouthShoreRob said:

BK = W.H.I.N.E.R.

I hear ya. I used to be a Bryson fan as well, but… Eh, never mind. List is too long! 😂 

Great golfer and fun to watch though. 😊 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ian woosnam took the words from my mouth.  

https://www.golfwrx.com/661084/what-the-fk-you-doing-former-masters-champ-tells-brooks-koepka-to-get-a-life/?UTM_source=exco

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

Subsequently, Woosman adeptly tossed an ice cube from the mornings champagne bucket into his waiting crystal highball of single malt and continued,

”I, I, what did I just say? Never mind, I think I spotted a grouse by the pond, fetch my Beretta! Quickly man!”

Now I genuinely cackled out loud at the “ fetch my Beretta , quickly man “!   I can picture him in a safari hat.  Maybe with some knee high socks and shorts.  Boots of course.  

• Haha 3

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

45 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Now I genuinely cackled out loud at the “ fetch my Beretta , quickly man “!   I can picture him in a safari hat.  Maybe with some knee high socks and shorts.  Boots of course.  

Ha! You got it 

Oof, blade, eatin little heavy for a Tuesday ; )

Today Tuesday right? 🤣

Octopus 🐙😃

6E1B363E-4089-471F-9F76-D251CA2A52E1.jpeg

2D0A612B-8F42-4B5A-BED6-2015743E2417.jpeg

31420F09-CF73-41D1-A650-47680FEDE977.jpeg

DDDE5E2C-018B-40CC-9BE6-80C38F9C0889.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Ha! You got it 

Oof, blade, eatin little heavy for a Tuesday ; )

Today Tuesday right? 🤣

Octopus 🐙😃

6E1B363E-4089-471F-9F76-D251CA2A52E1.jpeg

2D0A612B-8F42-4B5A-BED6-2015743E2417.jpeg

31420F09-CF73-41D1-A650-47680FEDE977.jpeg

DDDE5E2C-018B-40CC-9BE6-80C38F9C0889.jpeg

I have to ask.  What In  creation is in that coffee cup ?  

I’ve  never tried octopus , but I’m a fresh anything fan.  Looks yummy! 

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Hi Blade! Ian is a great guy and spot on with his comments!! If we're going to use a Player's Playing record as the barometer for his being able to criticize any of these entitled youngsters(which I do not agree with at all), well, I would hope that a place in the World Golf HoF, 8 Ryder Cup Appearances as a Player(7-0-1, tied in 1989, Cup retained as they won in 1987), 1 Ryder Cup Appearances as a Captain(1-0) along with an annual dinner invite for life down Augusta way most certainly gives Ian some wriggle room😉 I hope that you are well😊Madison

Edited by nikegal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

I have to ask.  What In  creation is in that coffee cup ?  

I’ve  never tried octopus , but I’m a fresh anything fan.  Looks yummy! 

Coffee?

Ha! Kidding. 

Just an espresso bean, they put 3 in that glass of Sambuca there as a custom for health, wealth, and happiness. That one fell in when I poured the sambuca in the coffee. 

Espresso and sambuca settle your stomach nice after eating and drinking and straighten your head out.
So now… take a little ride and get some air 🤣

1340BD49-D754-41A1-83D6-DC124E96998F.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nikegal said:

Hi Blade! Ian is a great guy and spot on with his comments!! If we're going to use a Player's Playing record as the barometer for his being able to criticize any of these entitled youngsters, well, I would hope that a place in the World Holf HoF, 8 Ryder Cup Appearances as a Player(7-0-1, tied in 1989, Cup retained as they won in 1987), 1 Ryder Cup Appearances as a Captain(1-0) along with an annual dinner invite for life down Augusta way most certainly gives Ian some wriggle room😉 I hope that you are well😊Madison

Hi Miss Madison !  Good to read you. 

I agree.  These people don’t have an axe to grind.  Like Richard said. They’re trying to help the guy.   By holding the mirror up. 

hope you guys are doing good up there too.  Can’t complain down here. Nobody listens anyway.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

25 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Coffee?

Ha! Kidding. 

Just an espresso bean, they put 3 in that glass of Sambuca there as a custom for health, wealth, and happiness. That one fell in when I poured the sambuca in the coffee. 

Espresso and sambuca settle your stomach nice after eating and drinking and straighten your head out.

1340BD49-D754-41A1-83D6-DC124E96998F.jpeg

Gotcha.  I’m a coffee nut too. But hadn’t seen anything that thick since the last mortar mix I mixed up.  

You need you some Tanzanian Peaberry beans , course grind.  Make a few shots of creamy greatness. Add a spoon of honey and a dash of sea salt.  That’ll wind your clock.  Very close to Turkish coffee.  Which is pretty thick.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, Forged4ever said:

First, Paul Aziinger went further with less than most Tour Players who got a card, much less one who spent 300+ weeks inside the World's Top-10 along with bagging a Major, Playin on 4 RC's(2-1-1) and Captaining one(1-0),  startin his career as a walk-on at Brevard Friggin Community College before getting a ride to Florida State, where Koepka also Played.

Second, there is absolutely no doubt that Brooks Koepka has the drive, talent yada yada yada as his four Majors in a four+ year period demonstrates, and he very easily could have had two more, one a green jacket. It also demonstrates that he drills down and focuses when he wants to focus, he Plays when he wants to Play and he wins when he wants to win. Anyone that has done what Koepka's done under the gun, on Golf's biggest brightest stage, the US Open, and he has practically owned the tournament that Sam said was THE only tournament that he ever Played in that he had to consciously remind himself to take slow deep breaths in, who has spent 47+ weeks atop the world rankings is in a league with very very few Players who have EVER Played the game, much less his current competitors. However, to only have four other wins over that span, with his talent, focus, discipline & ability, well, as I stated, he Plays when he wants to Play and he wins when he wants to win.

Regarding Paul Azinger, he is one of THE most respected former Players walkin this earth and I assure and will guarantee you that Hal's comment was not nor would it EVER be directed at Paul Azinger. Paul Azinger has "been there done that" as a Tour Player, as  Major Winner, as a Ryder Cup Player(2-1-1) and as a Ryder Cup Captain(1-0). Hal was referring to most of the commentators who either Played the Tour for a minute and then disappeared off of the face of the earth or all of the media hacks who've never Played for Pay on golf's biggest stage, the PGA Tour.

I, and I'm sure that most that know what Azinger is referring to, do not look at it as "taking shots" at Koepka as much as telling him what he needs to hear, whether he likes it or not. There is no more qualified individual in Professional golf than Paul Azinger to telll Koepka this.

Actually, Koepka is my favorite current Player cuz I followed him over at Oakmont, watched him hit balls by himself for almost two hours and then he went to the putting green for an hour and his focus and discipline was insane. He did not address ONE ball without going through his PSR, and this was almost three hours of practice. I only recall one other Player who had that type of focus and discipline like that and it was Vijay. 

However, as I stated before, with Jack, Tiger, Hogan, Sam & Tom Watson, just to name a few, that drive and PASSION was not selective. They wanted to win every single time that they Planted the Tee, and it's not that he does not want to win, I just have to ask where the focus and especially the Passion is that allows him to bear down, grind the field down and win or be in virtually every Major that he's Played in in the past 4+ years.

If he is going to Play, that includes the Ryder Cup🏆 

In my opinion, he has the talent, skills and potential to be one of the All-Timers, as in Top-10 All-Timer, however he's gotta bring it more than 4-5 times a year. 

That takes more than talent. That takes more then drive. That takes more than discipline. It takes a deep seeded Passion for the game and competition, anyplace, anytime and against anyone, regardless of the format. Oh, and it takes some luck, though Brooksie should be fine there cuz if ya notice, the mediocre and poor performers rarely if ever get lucky. Usually the guys at Koepka's level get lucky, as luck is nothing more than the intersection point of preparation & performance and Brooksie definitely prepares and performs when he wants to. None on Tour do it better!! 

Regarding Paul, I'll never forget when he won the 1994 Frank B. Fuhrer Jr. Family House Invitational, that I've spoken of previously, which was at the time the most lucrative two-day 36-hole non-official Tour event in the country(the one where Fuzzy basically disinvited himself by refusing to don a tie for the awards dinner, telling Mr. Fuhrer in the Pro shop, where he was going to buy Fuzzy a tie when he informed Mr. Fuhrer that he didn't bring one, "I'm not a tie kind of guy." Wrong statement if ya want to return,😂😂, as Fuzzy obviously did cuz he called Mr. Fuhrer incessantly at the end of that year when his invitation didn't come, only to have Mr. Fuhrer refuse to take his call or return his calls. He tried to get through to him through his Son, Frank III, a former Tour Boy and 3-Time AA at UNC, and then through our HP, as the event was held at our club. No dice, lolol. Ole Fuzzy never Played again, lol), with the pictures on the  "Winner's Wall" looking like a World Golf HoF tribute, as Sam presented the Winner's check and trophy🏆 to Paul and in his introduction, as this was in 1994, after his Ryder Cup appearances though well before his Captaining the 2008 team, and Sam said that while Paul might not have been the most talented Player to ever Play the Tour, as he wasn't close to the most talented in the field that day, which drew a lot of laughs cuz Sam dead panned it with a straight face when he said it, lolol(7 of the 1993 Top-10 Money listers were in the field, including N. Price, G. Norman, B. Crenshaw, T. Kite, B. Langer, R. Mediate, L. Janzen, & D. Love, to name a few) he would take 12 Paul Azinger's and Play any other 12 men on earth any day, any place any time. 

THAT sums up Paul Azinger!!

Yes, there are some guys who have not "been there done that," and they don't deserve to be listened to in ANY scenario, be it athletic, professional or social. Then you have guys who have "been there done that" however the turn into mentally broken down bitter middle aged or old men, and they don't deserve to be listened to. However Paul Azinger, has not only been there done that, he stood atop the mountain🏔 as both a Player AND a Captain, and if there is any former Ryder Cup Player or Captain who has the respect and ear of any Player with the dream of standing atop that mountain, and hoisting that trophy🏆 this upcoming Sunday, only a fool and an *sshole would not listen to Paul Azinger.

Regarding Brooksie, it's more about Passion than drive because I don't believe that there are two other Tour Boys as driven as him. It just comes down to keepin that flame🔥 lit every time he plants the tree. 

As always, just my .03 worth😊

Thanks for responding👊

Stay Well Brotha🍻
RP

Weiskopf once said Jack never hit an indifferent shot in his life and I think (but I’ve never been there, lol) that relates to what you observed about Koepka. One of my favorite Nicklaus stories is about him going to the range after a tough tournament round and staring at the first ball for a bit, then having figured out something, simply left the range without hitting a shot. Won’t see that these days. 

Great stuff as always. Azinger was a clutch player and his mini rivalry with Seve in different match play events resulted in some interesting stories. 

• Like 3

On 9/20/2021 at 7:42 PM, ShowMe said:

Maybe he can practice being "honest" in a less whiny and entitled tone.

The only way we'd really know his tone would be to hear the raw recording of the interview. Once his comments have been edited into a print piece we can only imagine. He could have been laughing or screaming or paying attention to a butterfly for all we know. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

Woosnam seems to have taken the interview comments out of context and is very obviously trying to poke the hornet's nest. As little as I want to hear Azinger's commentary, I'd prefer it ten times out of ten. 

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

2 hours ago, me05501 said:

The only way we'd really know his tone would be to hear the raw recording of the interview. Once his comments have been edited into a print piece we can only imagine. He could have been laughing or screaming or paying attention to a butterfly for all we know. 

Tone can be expressed via the written word.  It's the attitude of a piece or writing.  For example, if I said your response was moronic, would my tone be positive or negative?  Would you actually have to hear me say it to be able to discern my tone?

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

3 minutes ago, ShowMe said:

Tone can be expressed via the written word.  It's the attitude of a piece or writing.  For example, if I said your response was moronic, would my tone be positive or negative?  Would you actually have to hear me say it to be able to discern my tone?

The part in bold is 100% correct.

Who did the writing?

Who edited it?

Who arranged the order of the questions and answers to support a narrative? 

Not the golfer, for sure. 

So my question is, are you referring to the golfer's tone or the writer's? 

• Like 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

5 minutes ago, me05501 said:

The part in bold is 100% correct.

Who did the writing?

Who edited it?

Who arranged the order of the questions and answers to support a narrative? 

Not the golfer, for sure. 

So my question is, are you referring to the golfer's tone or the writer's? 

Well, my entire post is 100% correct.  If, for example, I call your response moronic, do you actually have to hear me say it to discern my tone?  Of course not.  If you did, then you'd need to have an author read out loud and explain his book to you to discern his tone.

They used direct quotes from Brooksie.  Nobody edited or paraphrased them.  So it's his tone that is whiny and entitled, not the writer's.  And how do we know that?  Well, by reading his direct quotes.  

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Gotcha.  I’m a coffee nut too. But hadn’t seen anything that thick since the last mortar mix I mixed up.  

You need you some Tanzanian Peaberry beans , course grind.  Make a few shots of creamy greatness. Add a spoon of honey and a dash of sea salt.  That’ll wind your clock.  Very close to Turkish coffee.  Which is pretty thick.  

Ya, with good espresso, when you drop in some sugar, it should float on top for a few seconds then descend into the murky deliciousness.

Of course, I generally don’t put sugar in espresso, just sambuca; ) 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Ya, with good espresso, when you drop in some sugar, it should float on top for a few seconds then descend into the murky deliciousness.

Of course, I generally don’t put sugar in espresso, just sambuca; ) 

Agree there.  If I make a mocha , I see this with the additions of chocolate and a dab of sugar.  Mmm mmm

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

14 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Coffee?

Ha! Kidding. 

I make it like this...

Raw sugar stirred and carmelized as the coffee drips on top

In Key West, a Taste of Cuban Coffee Culture - The New ...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShowMe said:

Well, my entire post is 100% correct.  If, for example, I call your response moronic, do you actually have to hear me say it to discern my tone?  Of course not.  If you did, then you'd need to have an author read out loud and explain his book to you to discern his tone.

They used direct quotes from Brooksie.  Nobody edited or paraphrased them.  So it's his tone that is whiny and entitled, not the writer's.  And how do we know that?  Well, by reading his direct quotes.  

That is how you inferred it.  I didn't read it that way.  To preface, I am not a Brooks fan at all, so there is some context for my proceeding comments.

I read it that he didn't feel like he, or maybe anyone else, would be able to give it their very best due to the fact that the additional impositions cut into a tried and proven routine.  That the lack of flow of the event or week were so far removed from a typical tour event or major that it would impede players' abilities to get into a rhythm that they are used to.

Those guys are used to arriving to the course at a certain time and doing a certain warmup and range routine before a round.  After a round they have their set ways of cooling down or heading back to the range to work on things from the round before.  That dynamic does not exist at the RC.

That's all I took from it.

From a writing standpoint, the author/editor can choose to inject direct quotes into the piece as he sees fit to serve his purpose and tell the story as he wishes.  Short sound bites taken out of context can do the same regardless of the fact they are the person's own words verbatim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smashdn said:

That is how you inferred it.  I didn't read it that way.  To preface, I am not a Brooks fan at all, so there is some context for my proceeding comments.

I read it that he didn't feel like he, or maybe anyone else, would be able to give it their very best due to the fact that the additional impositions cut into a tried and proven routine.  That the lack of flow of the event or week were so far removed from a typical tour event or major that it would impede players' abilities to get into a rhythm that they are used to.

Those guys are used to arriving to the course at a certain time and doing a certain warmup and range routine before a round.  After a round they have their set ways of cooling down or heading back to the range to work on things from the round before.  That dynamic does not exist at the RC.

That's all I took from it.

From a writing standpoint, the author/editor can choose to inject direct quotes into the piece as he sees fit to serve his purpose and tell the story as he wishes.  Short sound bites taken out of context can do the same regardless of the fact they are the person's own words verbatim.

Sure, but the same impositions apply to the Euro team, as well.  It's not like only the US players have team meetings and other events that impede a player's ability to get into a rhythm.  Both teams are playing under the same constraints.  Everybody's routine on both teams is being impeded.  Hence, the playing field is level in that regard.

Given that, Brooksie's comments come off as whiny and entitled.  He's making excuses before the matches even start.

Regarding the writing, the article was just questions and answers.  No editing.  No paraphrasing.  No sound bites.  A question and then an answer.  And then another question and an answer.  And so on.  I mean, it's Golf Digest not the National Enquirer or TMZ.  If you see any evidence to the contrary, please let me know.  

7 hours ago, me05501 said:

Woosnam seems to have taken the interview comments out of context and is very obviously trying to poke the hornet's nest. As little as I want to hear Azinger's commentary, I'd prefer it ten times out of ten. 

Absolutely.  Woosnam may be right, but I don't give a s***.  It's days before the Ryder Cup so love him or hate him, some diminutive euro takes a shot at a US player, he takes a shot at the entire team.  Let's go USA!  (obligatory jingoism emphasized)

FWIW, I looooove when a geriatric five foot nothin guy drops an F-bomb or two on a big brawny long baller, especially with that sexy welsh twang, lol😜🤪

Fairways Greens & F-Bombs 4ever
RP

684DE8DD-2F32-4CDD-8EA3-E1DA1CD38520.jpeg

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

21 hours ago, Forged4ever said:

First, Paul Aziinger went further with less than most Tour Players who got a card, much less one who spent 300+ weeks inside the World's Top-10 along with bagging a Major, Playin on 4 RC's(2-1-1) and Captaining one(1-0),  startin his career as a walk-on at Brevard Friggin Community College before getting a ride to Florida State, where Koepka also Played.

Second, there is absolutely no doubt that Brooks Koepka has the drive, talent yada yada yada as his four Majors in a four+ year period demonstrates, and he very easily could have had two more, one a green jacket. It also demonstrates that he drills down and focuses when he wants to focus, he Plays when he wants to Play and he wins when he wants to win. Anyone that has done what Koepka's done under the gun, on Golf's biggest brightest stage, the US Open, and he has practically owned the tournament that Sam said was THE only tournament that he ever Played in that he had to consciously remind himself to take slow deep breaths in, who has spent 47+ weeks atop the world rankings is in a league with very very few Players who have EVER Played the game, much less his current competitors. However, to only have four other wins over that span, with his talent, focus, discipline & ability, well, as I stated, he Plays when he wants to Play and he wins when he wants to win.

Regarding Paul Azinger, he is one of THE most respected former Players walkin this earth and I assure and will guarantee you that Hal's comment was not nor would it EVER be directed at Paul Azinger. Paul Azinger has "been there done that" as a Tour Player, as  Major Winner, as a Ryder Cup Player(2-1-1) and as a Ryder Cup Captain(1-0). Hal was referring to most of the commentators who either Played the Tour for a minute and then disappeared off of the face of the earth or all of the media hacks who've never Played for Pay on golf's biggest stage, the PGA Tour.

I, and I'm sure that most that know what Azinger is referring to, do not look at it as "taking shots" at Koepka as much as telling him what he needs to hear, whether he likes it or not. There is no more qualified individual in Professional golf than Paul Azinger to telll Koepka this.

Actually, Koepka is my favorite current Player cuz I followed him over at Oakmont, watched him hit balls by himself for almost two hours and then he went to the putting green for an hour and his focus and discipline was insane. He did not address ONE ball without going through his PSR, and this was almost three hours of practice. I only recall one other Player who had that type of focus and discipline like that and it was Vijay. 

However, as I stated before, with Jack, Tiger, Hogan, Sam & Tom Watson, just to name a few, that drive and PASSION was not selective. They wanted to win every single time that they Planted the Tee, and it's not that he does not want to win, I just have to ask where the focus and especially the Passion is that allows him to bear down, grind the field down and win or be in virtually every Major that he's Played in in the past 4+ years.

If he is going to Play, that includes the Ryder Cup🏆 

In my opinion, he has the talent, skills and potential to be one of the All-Timers, as in Top-10 All-Timer, however he's gotta bring it more than 4-5 times a year. 

That takes more than talent. That takes more then drive. That takes more than discipline. It takes a deep seeded Passion for the game and competition, anyplace, anytime and against anyone, regardless of the format. Oh, and it takes some luck, though Brooksie should be fine there cuz if ya notice, the mediocre and poor performers rarely if ever get lucky. Usually the guys at Koepka's level get lucky, as luck is nothing more than the intersection point of preparation & performance and Brooksie definitely prepares and performs when he wants to. None on Tour do it better!! 

Regarding Paul, I'll never forget when he won the 1994 Frank B. Fuhrer Jr. Family House Invitational, that I've spoken of previously, which was at the time the most lucrative two-day 36-hole non-official Tour event in the country(the one where Fuzzy basically disinvited himself by refusing to don a tie for the awards dinner, telling Mr. Fuhrer in the Pro shop, where he was going to buy Fuzzy a tie when he informed Mr. Fuhrer that he didn't bring one, "I'm not a tie kind of guy." Wrong statement if ya want to return,😂😂, as Fuzzy obviously did cuz he called Mr. Fuhrer incessantly at the end of that year when his invitation didn't come, only to have Mr. Fuhrer refuse to take his call or return his calls. He tried to get through to him through his Son, Frank III, a former Tour Boy and 3-Time AA at UNC, and then through our HP, as the event was held at our club. No dice, lolol. Ole Fuzzy never Played again, lol), with the pictures on the  "Winner's Wall" looking like a World Golf HoF tribute, as Sam presented the Winner's check and trophy🏆 to Paul and in his introduction, as this was in 1994, after his Ryder Cup appearances though well before his Captaining the 2008 team, and Sam said that while Paul might not have been the most talented Player to ever Play the Tour, as he wasn't close to the most talented in the field that day, which drew a lot of laughs cuz Sam dead panned it with a straight face when he said it, lolol(7 of the 1993 Top-10 Money listers were in the field, including N. Price, G. Norman, B. Crenshaw, T. Kite, B. Langer, R. Mediate, L. Janzen, & D. Love, to name a few) he would take 12 Paul Azinger's and Play any other 12 men on earth any day, any place any time. 

THAT sums up Paul Azinger!!

Yes, there are some guys who have not "been there done that," and they don't deserve to be listened to in ANY scenario, be it athletic, professional or social. Then you have guys who have "been there done that" however they turn into mentally broken down bitter middle aged or old men, and they don't deserve to be listened to either. However Paul Azinger, has not only been there done that, he stood atop the mountain🏔 as both a Player AND a Captain, and if there is any former Ryder Cup Player or Captain who has the respect and ear of any Player with the dream of standing atop that mountain, and hoisting that trophy🏆 this upcoming Sunday, only a fool and an *sshole would not listen to Paul Azinger.

Regarding Brooksie, it's more about Passion than drive because I don't believe that there are two other Tour Boys as driven as him. It just comes down to keepin that flame🔥 lit every time he plants the tree. 

As always, just my .03 worth😊

Thanks for responding👊

Stay Well Brotha🍻
RP

Brevard Community College actually had some decent players go through there.  Not quite the powerhouse that Florida Southern was, but some decent teams.  Dr. Jim Suttie was the coach back then, and was using video tape back in the dark ages.  Azinger went there along with the #1 player from his high school, RIck Stallings.  (Unfortunately, high school was the high point of RIck’s career.)

• Like 1