Jump to content

Fortinet Championship


PHILsThemannnn
 Share

Recommended Posts

Didn't see a thread for this tournament so thought I'd start one. First event of the 2021-22 season, seems like a solid field 3 major champions from this year. 

 

Course: Silverado Resort and Spa

 

Par 72, 7166 yards

 

Notables in the field: Jon Rahm, Hideki Matsuyama, Phil Mickelson, Webb Simpson 

 

Last Year:  Stewart Cink shoots 65-65 on the weekend to win by a shot. 

 

SOF: 40 

 

It's fun to watch these fall tournaments, a lot of times a rookie comes out and gets an early win to lock up his tour card for 2 years. It'll be interesting to see how strong the fields are for these events this year compared to last year. I know a lot of guys played these events last year because the US Open and Masters were in the fall.  I do believe Shriners and CJ Cup will have strong fields since both are in Vegas. The ZOZO field will be weaker this year IMO with COVID still going on and travel restrictions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, PHILsThemannnn said:

Didn't see a thread for this tournament so thought I'd start one. First event of the 2021-22 season, seems like a solid field 3 major champions from this year. 

 

Course: Silverado Resort and Spa

 

Par 72, 7166 yards

 

Notables in the field: Jon Rahm, Hideki Matsuyama, Phil Mickelson, Webb Simpson 

 

Last Year:  Stewart Cink shoots 65-65 on the weekend to win by a shot. 

 

SOF: 40 

 

It's fun to watch these fall tournaments, a lot of times a rookie comes out and gets an early win to lock up his tour card for 2 years. It'll be interesting to see how strong the fields are for these events this year compared to last year. I know a lot of guys played these events last year because the US Open and Masters were in the fall.  I do believe Shriners and CJ Cup will have strong fields since both are in Vegas. The ZOZO field will be weaker this year IMO with COVID still going on and travel restrictions.

 

Cink isn't defending his title this week. His oldest son is getting married this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joaquin Niemann has the best swing on tour since Johnny Miller imho

and niemann will be number 1 in the world within a few years

 

his fellow countryman Mito Pereira has an awesome reverse c too…

 

it’s just neimanns is bananas awesome….

 

I’m rooting for Mito…vamos!

 

niemann pics at bottom…dude is a Jacklin/Miller clone…totally badass swing

mitos is awesome too


-chris 


 

855981F3-8EFA-49D8-BCFA-2A0E9D9D8C9D.jpeg

DA3ABCA4-4145-4F53-A972-3A9FFFE02EA0.jpeg

208AC79E-8F5D-4703-9D9F-8CAE14BE117F.jpeg

A144C43D-9871-445B-8084-FBCEA49779F1.jpeg

E1F81D51-0374-4934-829A-E286C8F0184C.jpeg

93EADB1E-5D45-4E30-8E98-A4BAA6DAC249.jpeg

554C32FE-9029-48CA-9B7E-4B052EDCD8C9.jpeg

  • Like 1

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, grm24 said:

 

Cink isn't defending his title this week. His oldest son is getting married this weekend.

Interesting stuff. I wonder who the last golfer was to not defend a title in a tournament they were exempt for? (i.e. not talking about Playoff events or Tournaments that have been discontinued) Probably Tiger in 2014 when he had his first back surgery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, PHILsThemannnn said:

Interesting stuff. I wonder who the last golfer was to not defend a title in a tournament they were exempt for? (i.e. not talking about Playoff events or Tournaments that have been discontinued) Probably Tiger in 2014 when he had his first back surgery.

2020. Cameron Champ (2019 winner of this same event) last season didn't defend his title at Silverado. There might be others in the recent past.

Edited by grm24
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, PHILsThemannnn said:

Interesting. Probably cause of COVID or just needed a break since the fall schedule last year was hectic.

Not C19 related. The Tour Championship ended on a Monday last year and the Safeway began the following Thursday.

 

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/09/14/stewart-cink-why-not-defending-title-fortinet-championship/

 

This marks the second year in a row that the defending champion has not played. Cameron Champ, who won in 2019, skipped after making it to the Tour Championship, which ended on a Monday and the new season resumed that Thursday.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Rahm withdraws with stomach issues.  Ruh roh...

Callaway Epic Max LS MMT 70X

Titleist TSi2 13.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSi2 18* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G425 5-UW Steelfiber i95S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i95S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Newport M2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, grm24 said:

Thought Rahm only withdrew from the pro-am today and not the actual event?

 

Ssshhh...I'm trying to rile up the Euro's.

  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic Max LS MMT 70X

Titleist TSi2 13.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSi2 18* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G425 5-UW Steelfiber i95S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i95S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Newport M2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, grm24 said:

Not C19 related. The Tour Championship ended on a Monday last year and the Safeway began the following Thursday.

 

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/09/14/stewart-cink-why-not-defending-title-fortinet-championship/

 

This marks the second year in a row that the defending champion has not played. Cameron Champ, who won in 2019, skipped after making it to the Tour Championship, which ended on a Monday and the new season resumed that Thursday.

 

 

Oh yeah and the US Open was the week after. The fall schedule last year screwed up the schedules for a lot of players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PHILsThemannnn said:

Nah Phil's a regular at this tournament. 

 

Phil with the Ventus Red in the driver today.  Didn't seem to help as he only hit 43% of the fairways, but he hit a lot of greens and putted OK.

Titleist 915 D2 12*, GD AD BB 6S

Titleist TS2 16.5*, Diamana LTD S+ Blue 80S

Titleist TS2 21*, Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dwboston said:

 

Phil with the Ventus Red in the driver today.  Didn't seem to help as he only hit 43% of the fairways, but he hit a lot of greens and putted OK.

Yeah but he hit 3-4 drives that just rolled into the first cut. Overall not a bad day with the driver. If he can keep it north of 50% he'll be fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody else keep reading this as “ fortnite “ championship ?     I keep seeing the title and doing a double take. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Epic Speed triple diamond 8.7 TB70 TX

TM 300 mini 13.5 Tensei CK blue 80TX 

TM sim max 18 Aldila rogue proto 85TX 

Titleist T100 4-gap MMT 125 TX 

Edel  SMS 54 58 MMT 125 TX ( testing ) 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 8:48 AM, iBanesto said:

 

Rahm not playing in the Ryder Cup will make the loss less excruciating.

 

Sad Season 1 GIF by Good Girls

You guys aren’t going to lose.  Mark it down.  

Epic Speed triple diamond 8.7 TB70 TX

TM 300 mini 13.5 Tensei CK blue 80TX 

TM sim max 18 Aldila rogue proto 85TX 

Titleist T100 4-gap MMT 125 TX 

Edel  SMS 54 58 MMT 125 TX ( testing ) 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, PHILsThemannnn said:

Top 10 have a battle royale tomorrow and last man standing wins.

I am sad that I know what that means. But I’ll soothe myself by saying that it’s my 13 year olds fault. He plays , and building a supercharged pc for him to play it has taught me a lot.  Whne I say supercharged , I mean I’m ashamed of how much we spent on parts.  Was our year long covid project though.  So he earned most of the money to do it.  
 

I mean my first car was less than half price of this thing.  And had a smaller radiator , lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Epic Speed triple diamond 8.7 TB70 TX

TM 300 mini 13.5 Tensei CK blue 80TX 

TM sim max 18 Aldila rogue proto 85TX 

Titleist T100 4-gap MMT 125 TX 

Edel  SMS 54 58 MMT 125 TX ( testing ) 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

I am sad that I know what that means. But I’ll soothe myself by saying that it’s my 13 year olds fault. He plays , and building a supercharged pc for him to play it has taught me a lot.  Whne I say supercharged , I mean I’m ashamed of how much we spent on parts.  Was our year long covid project though.  So he earned most of the money to do it.  
 

I mean my first car was less than half price of this thing.  And had a smaller radiator , lol. 

 

If it's that powerful, you should tell him to use it to start mining some bitcoin.  Maybe he could make few bucks.  🙂

Callaway Epic Max LS MMT 70X

Titleist TSi2 13.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSi2 18* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G425 5-UW Steelfiber i95S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i95S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Newport M2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 7:37 PM, Christosterone said:

Joaquin Niemann has the best swing on tour since Johnny Miller imho

and niemann will be number 1 in the world within a few years

 

his fellow countryman Mito Pereira has an awesome reverse c too…

 

it’s just neimanns is bananas awesome….

 

I’m rooting for Mito…vamos!

 

niemann pics at bottom…dude is a Jacklin/Miller clone…totally badass swing

mitos is awesome too


-chris 


 

855981F3-8EFA-49D8-BCFA-2A0E9D9D8C9D.jpeg

DA3ABCA4-4145-4F53-A972-3A9FFFE02EA0.jpeg

208AC79E-8F5D-4703-9D9F-8CAE14BE117F.jpeg

A144C43D-9871-445B-8084-FBCEA49779F1.jpeg

E1F81D51-0374-4934-829A-E286C8F0184C.jpeg

93EADB1E-5D45-4E30-8E98-A4BAA6DAC249.jpeg

554C32FE-9029-48CA-9B7E-4B052EDCD8C9.jpeg

I see a lot of thoracic pain in the future. Lol 

 

Ping G400/ Ping tour 65 s

Ping 410 3w / Ping tour 65 s 

Nike VRS covert 5w/ kurokage black s

Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron / amt white s300

Titleist 716 AP2 5-pw/ amt white s300

Cleveland Rtx4  48(bent to 50)mid, 54 mid, 58 mid / dynamic gold s400

Nike midnight method 006/ Black SS Gt 1.0 w 25g counter core.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
      • 14 replies
    • 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Discussion and Links
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Monday
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #3
       
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #4
       
      WITBs
      Aaron Rai - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brian Stuard - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Eugenio Chacarra - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Davis Riley - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brice Garnett - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Curtis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Richy Werenski - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Andy Ogletree - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Sahith Theegala - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Stephan Jaeger - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Chappell - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jonas Blixt - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Streelman - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Burns - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Matthew Wolff - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Gary Woodland - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Davis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Saunders - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Special Galleries
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Cameron putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      • 5 replies
    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
        • Haha
      • 25 replies

×
×
  • Create New...