Fujikura Speeder NX

dlow206

On 9/19/2021 at 10:50 PM, Valtiel said:

Regardless of how far we come technologically, I hope we never lose the hilarious Japanese -> English product description translation fails. 😆

"SPEEDER NX" is a model that is set to a medium tone on the EI distribution and creates ease of swinging. However, on the other hand, the new technology "VTC" tightens the torque at the tip and hand, making it easier to make face turns and achieving impact with upper blow."

Are you truly even playing golf unless you're achieving impact with upper blow while making face turns? I know I sure wouldn't be

Edited by rooski
  • Haha 2

Driver:   Cobra RadSpeed 9.0* Ventus Blue 7X

3w:         Cobra RadSpeed 14.5* /  Ventus Blue 7X

Utility   Srixon ZX 18* / Ventus Black HB 10TX
Irons:      Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-PW / Project X LS 6.5
Wedges:  Mizuno T20 Raw 50, 54, 58 / Project X LS 6.0

Putter:    Odyssey Toulon Atlanta

On 10/5/2021 at 7:25 PM, JKingston50 said:

Anyone actually hit this yet? Wondering on how the 7x compares to a Ventus Blue 7x.

This is going to be a completely different shaft from the ventus. More launch and spin and higher torque.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Just got my 50r Speeder NX today. I only had time to hit our range at my club to hit a few balls.

First impressions: The shaft is gorgeous. I love the blue color and it really stands out. After I warmed up a bit, I starting hitting the shaft with my Sim2. I can't tell if I gained a few yards or not as they moved the hitting area at our range further up but the dispersion was awesome. Trajectory was good with a mid-high flight and decent roll. Compared to my current line-up of shafts (Evo 5, Diamana Redboard 4th gen, Grand Bassara 39, and Speeder Daytona), the NX is much tighter with dispersion than anything I have tried in the last few years. It has the same Speeder feel and very smooth. I can't tell what the variable torque aspect does but I did not hit any drives off-line by more than 10 yards which is excellent for me.

Not sure this helps much or not. I have 2 games on the weekend so will see what the on course results are like.

Edited by Doucer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Doucer said:

Just got my 50r Speeder NX today. I only had time to hit our range at my club to hit a few balls.

First impressions: The shaft is gorgeous. I love the blue color and it really stands out. After I warmed up a bit, I starting hitting the shaft with my Sim2. I can't tell if I gained a few yards or not as they moved the hitting area at our range further up but the dispersion was awesome. Trajectory was good with a mid-high flight and decent roll. Compared to my current line-up of shafts (Evo 5, Diamana Redboard 4th gen, Grand Bassara 39, and Speeder Daytona), the NX is much tighter with dispersion than anything I have tried in the last few years. It has the same Speeder feel and very smooth. I can't tell what the variable torque aspect does but I did not hit any drives off-line by more than 10 yards which is excellent for me.

Not sure this helps much or not. I have 2 games on the weekend so will see what the on course results are like.

Very interested in hearing - thanks

and flex-wise, is your Evo5 a reg flex as well?  just want a comparison to the flex of the NX 

I have an Evo5 in my rotation as well

appreciated

6 hours ago, Morry said:

Very interested in hearing - thanks

and flex-wise, is your Evo5 a reg flex as well?  just want a comparison to the flex of the NX 

I have an Evo5 in my rotation as well

appreciated

Yes I am a regular flex guy. Approaching 60 years of age so I can't hit it 300 yards any more like the rest of the folks here! 😄 I would say it's close to my Evo 5 but has tighter dispersion. Ball flight and trajectory are similar. Hope that helps!

Edited by Doucer

59 minutes ago, Doucer said:

Yes I am a regular flex guy. Approaching 60 years of age so I can't hit it 300 yards any more like the rest of the folks here! 😄 I would say it's close to my Evo 5 but has tighter dispersion. Ball flight and trajectory are similar. Hope that helps!

understood thanks

How about weight?  do you play 50g in all drivers or is the evo 5 60-reg?

just trying to see what might suit me as your experience and comments are resonating 

appreciated

10 minutes ago, Morry said:

understood thanks

How about weight?  do you play 50g in all drivers or is the evo 5 60-reg?

just trying to see what might suit me as your experience and comments are resonating 

appreciated

No problem. Evo 5 is a 569 regular flex (56 grams). NX is 51 grams so a touch lighter in regular flex. Torque is about the same but maybe this variable torque concept has some merit to it. I generally play around 50-55 grams in all my driver shafts except for the Grand Bassara which was an experiment (45 grams). So far I was really impressed with the NX. For me, dispersion and control are key. If I can maintain the same distance but hit more fairways I will be happy. I am playing 9 today and 2 games on the weekend and can report back if that helps. 

Edited by Doucer
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 1:05 PM, Doucer said:

No problem. Evo 5 is a 569 regular flex (56 grams). NX is 51 grams so a touch lighter in regular flex. Torque is about the same but maybe this variable torque concept has some merit to it. I generally play around 50-55 grams in all my driver shafts except for the Grand Bassara which was an experiment (45 grams). So far I was really impressed with the NX. For me, dispersion and control are key. If I can maintain the same distance but hit more fairways I will be happy. I am playing 9 today and 2 games on the weekend and can report back if that helps. 

I played the Evo 569 V but found it launched too high and spun too much for me. Went to the VI.  Based on your feedback the NX plays the same as the V just tighter?  

5 hours ago, Landy said:

I played the Evo 569 V but found it launched too high and spun too much for me. Went to the VI.  Based on your feedback the NX plays the same as the V just tighter?  

I would say yes. To me, it seems very similar to the 569 V but with better dispersion. Played 18 today and 9 yesterday in very windy conditions. It seemed very hard to hit this shaft offline unless it's a very bad swing. Hit 3 drives past the cart signs on our short par 4's which I have never done before but wind assisted so trying hard not to get too excited. Very happy so far though. Maybe this variable torque thing is not just marketing??

It is a sweet looking shaft though!!

F8C021F8-DAC1-4862-AA81-49C45C67A87F.jpeg

Edited by Doucer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:02 PM, Doucer said:

I would say yes. To me, it seems very similar to the 569 V but with better dispersion. Played 18 today and 9 yesterday in very windy conditions. It seemed very hard to hit this shaft offline unless it's a very bad swing. Hit 3 drives past the cart signs on our short par 4's which I have never done before but wind assisted so trying hard not to get too excited. Very happy so far though. Maybe this variable torque thing is not just marketing??

It is a sweet looking shaft though!!

F8C021F8-DAC1-4862-AA81-49C45C67A87F.jpeg

Old lefty here also......what loft and head are you in? I've got a Speeder 661R that's very solid but always looking for better

42 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Old lefty here also......what loft and head are you in? I've got a Speeder 661R that's very solid but always looking for better

Glad to meet you! I am using a 10.5 Sim2 Draw. I fight a fade! Played another 18 yesterday in ideal conditions. Hit 3 of my longest drives of the year and shot a season low of 77. Only missed 3 fairways in the first cut. Really happy so far. Will keep this combo for a while.

Now I just need to find a 3 wood I am happy with!

Edited by Doucer

3 hours ago, Doucer said:

Glad to meet you! I am using a 10.5 Sim2 Draw. I fight a fade! Played another 18 yesterday in ideal conditions. Hit 3 of my longest drives of the year and shot a season low of 77. Only missed 3 fairways in the first cut. Really happy so far. Will keep this combo for a while.

Now I just need to find a 3 wood I am happy with!

I'm using sim2 ti 5wd .....easier launch.....gotta try that head......giving a 2017 M1 a looksie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

Wondering how this compares to the Motore X F3 (which I have in my driver and fairway)? I really like the F3 but something similar with slightly higher launch wouldn't hurt. 

I had the X F3 in my driver for a few games. I did not like the feel. To me, it felt a bit harsh. I also could not get the dispersion I wanted. The NX is slightly higher launch in my opinion with better feel and dispersion. My thoughts only!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Doucer I know season is winding down but how much confidence are you gaining with NX? My club guy has both 50 and 60 regular......I get along better with 60ish g driver shafts......but your success has given me the intrigue to try the lighter model. ...actually he has SR shafts come to think about it.....

On 10/29/2021 at 9:25 PM, SwooshLT said:

@Doucer I know season is winding down but how much confidence are you gaining with NX? My club guy has both 50 and 60 regular......I get along better with 60ish g driver shafts......but your success has given me the intrigue to try the lighter model. ...actually he has SR shafts come to think about it.....

I love the shaft. Played 3 more games before the club closed for the season. I haven't hit this many fairways all year and the distance was really good. My swing speed has dropped so I have been going lighter. I still have the Grand Bassara 39 (45 grams) but the NX is so good. It's 51.5 grams as a 50r but I am playing it at 44.5 inches in my Sim2 so it's probably around 50 grams. It really depends on what weight suits you. For me, I was losing swing speed as I turn 60 which translated into lost distance. With the NX, I have my distance back and no loss of dispersion. I feel like I can go after it and still not lose it right (hook for me as a lefty). It's really point and shoot and I have so much confidence when I step on the tee. I could not be happier. I toyed with getting the 40r but the torque was much higher on the 40r vs the 50r. Maybe stick with the 60r if that weight suits you. I hope this helps and you get the same results. Let me know if I can help further. Good luck!

Edited by Doucer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First round out with the speeder 6s in my tsi2 and I really enjoyed it. Very, very smooth feel, nice mid/high launch. It's super easy to load.

with a smooth tempo I was producing nice high baby draws, and my only right miss was a little fade that just kind of fell out of the air and was still first cut.

if I got quick, however, I produced some nasty hooks. If your miss is left, I wouldn't think this would be the shaft for you. As my miss is right, I will dial this baby in and roll with it.

Distances for 45 degree Michigan November weather were outstanding considering multiple layers and being tight.

it's also by far the best looking shaft Fuji has made. 

8 hours ago, JourdanM said:

First round out with the speeder 6s in my tsi2 and I really enjoyed it. Very, very smooth feel, nice mid/high launch. It's super easy to load.

with a smooth tempo I was producing nice high baby draws, and my only right miss was a little fade that just kind of fell out of the air and was still first cut.

if I got quick, however, I produced some nasty hooks. If your miss is left, I wouldn't think this would be the shaft for you. As my miss is right, I will dial this baby in and roll with it.

Distances for 45 degree Michigan November weather were outstanding considering multiple layers and being tight.

it's also by far the best looking shaft Fuji has made. 

left miss issue was mine

70-s was too much for my 5w

maybe a 70-R for me 

103 with driver for reference with a over-draw miss 

2 minutes ago, Morry said:

left miss issue was mine

maybe a 70-R for me 

Driver SS 103-110 depending on the season - I am sticking with my ventus red 7s in fairways, but I can see the 60s speeder sticking around in the driver. Really enjoyed the feel and flight on my maiden voyage with it ( club just shut the driving range down too, so no warmup). 

12 hours ago, Morry said:

left miss issue was mine

maybe a 70-R for me 

Shouldn't you go more stiff instead of more flexible if your miss is left?
A more stiff shaft helps hold the face more open through impact, iirc.

edit: assuming you are a right handed golfer

Edited by ImplicitZen