Fujikura Speeder NX

dlow206

4 minutes ago, ImplicitZen said:

ended up with 285 avg total distance.  Smash factor wasn't spectacular. Still need to dial in my ball striking with the driver, but it is more consistent than it was at least and I'm perfectly happy with 285 and still on target with a slight miss hit.

sorry, I meant shaft length! But 285 ain’t too shabby either 

• 4 months later...

I’d love to hear comparisons to the Diamana TB and the Graphite Design Tour AD HD. Anybody using the Speeder NX who can compare?

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

23 hours ago, eric61 said:

I’d love to hear comparisons to the Diamana TB and the Graphite Design Tour AD HD. Anybody using the Speeder NX who can compare?

The TB feels a lot smoother and softer than the NX. I would say, the NX to me feels like the middle of the road between a TB and a Ventus Blue (in terms of feel). NX has a pretty unique feel to it, maybe because of the different torque values.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, m_w said:

The TB feels a lot smoother and softer than the NX. I would say, the NX to me feels like the middle of the road between a TB and a Ventus Blue (in terms of feel). NX has a pretty unique feel to it, maybe because of the different torque values.

Is the NX stiffer throughout, or would you say it's stiffer in any particular area? I'm basically looking for something that'll still have a strong kick but would ideally have a tighter handle and tip than the TB.

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

13 hours ago, eric61 said:

Is the NX stiffer throughout, or would you say it's stiffer in any particular area? I'm basically looking for something that'll still have a strong kick but would ideally have a tighter handle and tip than the TB.

The AD HD is what you want, then.

• Thanks 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1 hour ago, Morry said:

Is this shaft getting a lot of love out there?

tough to tell, but my sense is not tons

would love some takes

thanks

I got fit into the 60x when I got fit for my Stealth, and the jury is still out on it honestly.  I like it sometimes and dislike it others, but I also have a love/hate with TM drivers.

I will say I gained 11mph in ball speed in the Stealth with the NX 60x vs a G425 LST with a DI6x.  So something to be said for that for sure, not sure if it was the shaft or the driver.  

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

10 hours ago, J_Tizzle said:

I got fit into the 60x when I got fit for my Stealth, and the jury is still out on it honestly.  I like it sometimes and dislike it others, but I also have a love/hate with TM drivers.

I will say I gained 11mph in ball speed in the Stealth with the NX 60x vs a G425 LST with a DI6x.  So something to be said for that for sure, not sure if it was the shaft or the driver.  

I found the Stealth to be Super fast for me as well - not sure why - and it was the head, not the shaft 

Have played speeder EVO 2,3,4,7 in various woods and loved them all overall....just can't quite peg where this NX fits best and whether it's for me 

any other takes welcome 

I very much 'want' to like it...thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2022 at 6:18 AM, Morry said:

I found the Stealth to be Super fast for me as well - not sure why - and it was the head, not the shaft 

Have played speeder EVO 2,3,4,7 in various woods and loved them all overall....just can't quite peg where this NX fits best and whether it's for me 

any other takes welcome 

I very much 'want' to like it...thanks

Believe it or not, there's a hot spot on the Stealth.  My drives usually go 300-310 but I get some that end up 330+ every now and then.  I've had 3 different shafts in mine and can say it's the head.  @getitdailyhas reported the same. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

• 7 months later...

Bumping a thread that hasn't gotten much action since Fujikura's US sales are mostly focused on the Ventus lineup... 

Anybody still using the Speeder NX Blue? Long-term reviews and observations? 

I tried the Speeder NX Blue 60X in a Paradym recently and saw some really impressive club head speeds -- the sort of uptick I've seen in my own swing speed before from the Graphite Design Tour AD HD and the Diamana BF and TB. Spin stayed low, too. However, on the range and on the course, I seemed to have a tendency to turn it over too easily vs. my Ventus TR Blue 6X. 

That said ... the feel is pretty incredible. The mid-section has a long sizzle, sizzle, POP! It feels like the club head is going to go flying off into the fairway. It *feels* fast. 

I'm thinking about a 70X for my 3W, but a little hesitant to throw a curveball into the mix since I have a TR Blue in my driver and my 7W. Thoughts? Anybody have some experiences to share with this one? 

Just now, eric61 said:

Bumping a thread that hasn't gotten much action since Fujikura's US sales are mostly focused on the Ventus lineup... 

I tried the Speeder NX Blue 60X in a Paradym recently and saw some really impressive club head speeds -- the sort of uptick I've seen in my own swing speed before from the Graphite Design Tour AD HD and the Diamana BF and TB. Spin stayed low, too. However, on the range and on the course, I seemed to have a tendency to turn it over too easily vs. my Ventus TR Blue 6X. 

That said ... the feel is pretty incredible. The mid-section has a long sizzle, sizzle, POP! It feels like the club head is going to go flying off into the fairway. It *feels* fast. 

I'm thinking about a 70X for my 3W, but a little hesitant to throw a curveball into the mix since I have a TR Blue in my driver and my 7W. Thoughts? Anybody have some experiences to share with this one? 

Do it.  Anything's better than the Alta CB, IMO. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

24 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Spin ended up too low for me so I got rid of it. That said, my situation is a bit unique. I switched from Speeder NX 6x to Tour AD UB 7s and have never hit the driver better. It’s been in the bag since 10/2022 and isn’t going anywhere. 

I play Ventus tr blue 7s in the 3 wood and the thing is also pretty hard to beat. Can’t see an NX outperforming a Ventus unless it’s a unique fitting point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Do it.  Anything's better than the Alta CB, IMO. 

Yeah, just using it while I figure out what to put in my 3W. I’m stuck between the Speeder NX or the TR Blue. Speeder NX seems like it might fit 3W for me better than it did driver. Diamana TB 70X is lurking in the back of my mind too…

6 minutes ago, pghgolfer said:

Spin ended up too low for me so I got rid of it. That said, my situation is a bit unique. I switched from Speeder NX 6x to Tour AD UB 7s and have never hit the driver better. It’s been in the bag since 10/2022 and isn’t going anywhere. 

I play Ventus tr blue 7s in the 3 wood and the thing is also pretty hard to beat. Can’t see an NX outperforming a Ventus unless it’s a unique fitting point.

Interesting that the spin was too low! The Ventus TR Blue is the other one I’m really considering — I have it in my driver and 7W. What I like about the Speeder NX is its longer soft mid section with a stronger, lower kick.

48 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Interesting that the spin was too low! The Ventus TR Blue is the other one I’m really considering — I have it in my driver and 7W. What I like about the Speeder NX is its longer soft mid section with a stronger, lower kick.

Tbh I don’t feel the sections as much as you. I look for ballflight (height, spin, curve) and general ease of use. My ventus TR blue is in a stealth 2 plus 3W, and it was very easy to dial in the flight window with the movable weight in the bottom of the head. In reality, that clubhead is more important that the shaft. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wound up buying a Speeder NX 70X and put it in my G430 Max 3 wood, minus-one, flat, tipped 0.5”, playing 43”. 

It’s incredible. Just a terrific fairway wood shaft for my swing. I’m hitting high draws with it, which is exactly what I want to see out of my 3W.

I got out with it for the second time this evening. One memorable shot was a 410-yard par 4 that dog legs right (I’m a lefty). You run out of room when you get to a big bunker at 260, and the fairway pinches down so there’s not much space to turn the corner. I hit a great shot, big high draw, that probably landed 240ish moving right and just squeezed through that gap ahead of the bunker to get around the corner. Left a gap wedge in where in the past I’ve been having to land something quite a bit farther back and hit a mid-iron.

If anybody is looking for a blue profile with a slightly stouter handle and tip than I felt like Diamana TB had, but a much smoother mid-section than something more dramatic like RDX Blue, this is one to try for sure. On the other hand, if you fear turning the ball over, this shaft might not be for you.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 1:03 AM, eric61 said:

I wound up buying a Speeder NX 70X and put it in my G430 Max 3 wood, minus-one, flat, tipped 0.5”, playing 43”. 

It’s incredible. Just a terrific fairway wood shaft for my swing. I’m hitting high draws with it, which is exactly what I want to see out of my 3W.

I got out with it for the second time this evening. One memorable shot was a 410-yard par 4 that dog legs right (I’m a lefty). You run out of room when you get to a big bunker at 260, and the fairway pinches down so there’s not much space to turn the corner. I hit a great shot, big high draw, that probably landed 240ish moving right and just squeezed through that gap ahead of the bunker to get around the corner. Left a gap wedge in where in the past I’ve been having to land something quite a bit farther back and hit a mid-iron.

If anybody is looking for a blue profile with a slightly stouter handle and tip than I felt like Diamana TB had, but a much smoother mid-section than something more dramatic like RDX Blue, this is one to try for sure. On the other hand, if you fear turning the ball over, this shaft might not be for you.

That's exactly my issue

found it to be a hook machine for me 

loved the EVO series (had 5 0r 6 of them), but this one missed my mark, anyway 

too bad

end of a long run of a super cool series 

• 5 months later...

What’s up boys! 

sorry to dig up an old post. 

went for my QI fitting and after fixing my sweet it appears that I’m going to have to switch the style of shafts I’m using and go to a more mid launch mid/low spin. 

I picked up a GT, 1k Blue and Ventus CB. (Have tried TB love it for a fwy). Do you think I should grab a NX blue or green? also Tour AD wise did y’all this this preformed like the HD?

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Ventus Blue TR in my OG Stealth, and my buddies at the TSA/airlines cracked the shaft on my way back from a trip and the next time I went to the range it snapped. Had a fitting credit at CC so went to go get refitted since I figured why not check and see if I could do better with something else. Worst case scenario I order another Ventus Blue TR and be on my way. After hitting a ton of stuff I ended up on the Speeder NX in a 50S and I'm a big fan. I also ended up putting it in my 3 and 7 wood. Just better dispersion, better feel, and more SS. I have a pretty neutral attack angle and don't get along with a lot of shaft/head combos, but this just works for me. Also going in to get fit was a blessing in disguise since my OG Stealth was a spinny hot mess and terrible if i didn't get it right out of the screws (I still think that might be the most unforgiving head TM has made in years) ended up getting into my G430 LST which has been night and day better since then.

What's in my Ping Pioneer cart bag:

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10k 9* Fujikura Speeder NX 50s

3 Wood: Ping G430 Max Fujikura Speeder NX 60s 

7 Wood: Ping G430 Max Fujikura Speeder NX 70s 

3 & 4 Hybrid: Ping G430 KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 75r

Irons: 5 - PW Mizuno Pro 243 KBS $ Taper 120 shafts

Wedges: Mizuno S23 50 S Grind 54 D grind // Cleveland RTX full-face 2 58*

Putter: LAB DF 2.1 TPT shaft

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

ARCCOS 

• 1 month later...

where do u guys demo this shaft? is it in any fitting carts?

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Unfortunately I didn't get to demo. Had to go in blind. A big gamble but it has easily been the best shaft I have ever owned. I have a frequency machine and if anyone says this shaft is soft they are not speaking accurately. Fantastic shaft. I'm concerned what fuji has in store for it since it is a few years old. I will definitely buy up spares. 

• Like 1

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Have this in a Ping 400 Max driver that I just bought, didn't know much about it, was more interested in just trying the head, lol. Always loved the speeder 652, Evo 661 etc. been playing them forever,

Hit 3 drives when I was in the 'bay a few nights ago, with my "preseason swing", high draws that carried 250yds.

I'm sold.