APPLY NOW: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid Testing! Looking For 4 Testers!

893832387_callawayhybrid.png.794fe4c9bec18cc03125f2ba3421ce19.png

Callaway has redefined what a hybrid can be with the new Epic Super Hybrid and we are looking for 4 members to test one out and report back to the community with their review! The new Epic Super Hybrid combines driver technology in an easy-to-hit package for the ultimate in hybrid distance. Apply now for your chance to be one of the lucky testers!

About the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid

A hybrid with the DNA and technology of a driver — we like the sound of that! The new Epic Super Hybrid is the most technologically advanced and fastest hybrid Callaway has ever made. It delivers ball speed, distance, and launch in a way you have never seen from a hybrid.

Callaway has developed an all-titanium Flash Face — along with a titanium body — and combined them with their Jailbreak A.I. Velocity Blades. Epic Super Hybrids deliver exceptional ball speed, distance, and launch. There’s an extreme amount of tungsten weighting (up to 90 grams) split to the perimeter of the club; this provides increased stability, more forgiveness, and a hot penetrating ball flight.

Callaway has provided complete adjustability with its lightweight OptiFit 3 Hosel, helping you dial in the ball flight and launch that you want to see. The addition of adjustable sole weighting allows for precise custom builds.

How to Apply

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?

That's it! Callaway Golf and GolfWRX will choose the testers in about 2 weeks! This testing event is for good-standing members in the USA only!

Edited by knudson81
  • Like 1

Count me in!

1.  La Crosse, WI

2. 11.1

3.  Apex 21 3H/Mavrik Max 5w

4.  I love hitting hybrid off the tee when needing to find a fairway, and the Epic Super sounds like a ball-speed monster.  I am also hoping it will launch higher off the deck than my current hybrid.

5.  Absolutely!!

White Vessel Players 2.0 Bag

Callaway Customs Epic Speed Driver 10.5* (-1/N) | Fujikura Ventus Blue 5s

Mizuno ST-Z 3 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway Mavrik Max 5 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

SPOT UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Callaway Apex DCB 5, Apex 21 6-AW Irons | True Temper Black Elevate 95s

Callaway JAWS Full Toe Chrome 54, 60 Wedges | True Temper DG 115 Spinner

Scotty Cameron Custom Black/Red Squareback 2 Putter | BGT Stability Tour Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track (Yellow) Ball

1. City, State? Naples, FL

2. Handicap? 8.9

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Mizuno CLK 19 degree

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I am not a great hybrid player. This one looks like it is designed to be easier to hit which would benefit me

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

Thanks to WRX and Callaway.  

1. Lee, NH

2. 5.9

3. Callaway Epic Speed15, Callaway Super Hybrid (17 turned to 18).  I will sometimes use 21 Callaway Xforged XT in place of the Super Hybrid.

4. Multiple reasons, first off I am a full Callaway player with all 14 clubs in the bag being from them.  My son, a high level Junior is also a full Callaway player so anything from the brand we are definitely knowledgeable of and want to test to see if it performs and can find a place in the bag after knocking off an already quality product.  Second, I’ve been very impressed by the first generation and would love to see the improvements. The new epic line has been great, and I would expect nothing different from the super hybrid

5. Absolutely.

1. City, State? - Perrysburg, Ohio

2. Handicap? 12

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Sim 2 Ti 13.5

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? - I have not had a hybrid in the bag for a long time. Looking to add something different that may improve my game and the workability of the ball.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? - Absolutely 

Sim 2 8* (Graphite Design Tour AD XC 6x) - Driver

Sim 2 13.5* (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7x) - 3 Wood

SIM UDI (KBS Proto Hybrid 85 S) - 2 Iron

P770 (Nippon Modus 105 S) - 4-AW

SM8 (S200) - 55*, 60*

Phantom 5.5

1. City, State? Mt Arlington, NJ

2. Handicap? +2.0

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? play both a 3H (SiM Max) and 3w (SiM Ti Rocket 3); looking to replace both of them with one club 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Due to an iron change - my bag needs a bit of a makeover at the top - i need a new 2H or something to replace 2 clubs -- my 3H and 3W. I think a super hybrid would be IDEAL for that spot. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely, would be more than happy to!

SiM2 / 9* / TZ6 65M5 tipped 1"

SiM2 Ti / 5w (set 1 tick lower loft) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 2.5"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

TI Apex TCB / 3-PW / Modus 130X

RTX Zipcore Black / 50,54,60 / KBS Tour X/S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"  & Spider EX Navy / 36"

Thanks for the opportunity!

1. Traverse City, MI

2. 6

3. Callaway Super Hybrid (20* turned down to 19*)

4. I have the current Super Hybrid and absolutely love it off the tee.  In the right conditions (hard fairways) it can rival my driver distance.  But it really is a driving iron for me and I almost never hit it from the fairway as the launch is not quite there.  The new Epic version is supposed to launch higher so it may be able to serve also then as a club with which I can better attack par 5s from the fairway.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  I do.

1. City, State? Forest Hill, TX

2. Handicap? 3.9

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?  Mizuno ST190 Tour Spoon fairway, 19* & 22* Mizuno 2019 CLK hybrids

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  I have the Callaway Apex hybrids, but they aren't adjustable and I had some big distance gaps so I grabbed the Mizunos.  I'd like to go back to the Callaways.  They are simply better all around.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Of course.  Also helps that I have a SkyTrak in my garage.

1. City, State? North Kingstown RI

2. Handicap? 7.7

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? M5 3 Wood and a TourEdge exotics CB119 hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Looking for a longer and more forgiving hybrid!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? 100%

M3 9.5* - ACCRA TZ5 265 M5      M5 Rocket 14* Matrix Black 8M3    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
TM 2014 TP 4-PW DG TI X100     RTX4  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     Evnroll ER5    Titleist  Players 4
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

1. City, State? Summerville, Sc

2. Handicap? 10

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Titleist tsi2 4 wood and cobra Radspeed 7 wood 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I feel like a 3 or 4 hybrid would be the perfect fit in my bag but haven’t had the opportunity to put a hybrid that doesn’t hook in to see. I hope this is the type of hybrid that can stay in the bag. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

TSi2 8.25 Ventus Black 6TX

Tsi2 16.5 ADXC 8X and/or Radspeed 7 wood Motore 7x 

3-4 P770 TI X100

5-PW Miura CB 801 X7 

SM8 50.12 at 51 X100

RTX ZipCore 55 and 60 S400

Legacy Goods Powell Prototype

Titleist -ProV1X or Prov1

1. City, State? - Philadelphia Pa

2. Handicap? - 9

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? TS2 3 wood. Ping i20 hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? - my hybrid was a gift and I have never been able to hit it well 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes!

1. City, State? Oklahoma City OK

2. Handicap? 0

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Taylormade SIM 3 wood and a Srixon zx utility

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? The spot in my bag between 3wood and 4 iron is the most changed club in the bag. Just want to find the ultimate versatile club to check all the boxes and think this could be it with all the tech.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely!

1.  Gilbert, AZ

2. 9

3.  PXG PROTO 5w

4.  I love hitting hybrid off the tee when needing to find a fairway, and the Epic Super sounds like a ball-speed monster.  I am also hoping it will launch higher off the deck than my current hybrid.

5.  Absolutely!!

PXG 0811X Gen4 Diamana ZF 60S
PXG 0341x Proto 3 Wood Fuji Speeder 757 Evo TS 7s

PXG 0341x 5 wood Diamana S+ 70S
PXG 0311 Gen3 P 4-GW Elevate Tour S
PXG 0311 Forged 54*/Camo 60* Elevate Tour S 
PXG Gen2 Gunboat

Bridgestone BX

1. City, State? Stuart, FL 

2. Handicap? 2 

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Titleist TSI3 Fairway, U505 Driving Iron 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I would love to try something  higher launching in my driving iron/hybrid slot 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes of course  

Titleist TSi2 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black 6X 

Titleist TSi3 13.5 Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70 6.5

Titleist U505 2 Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 80 6.5

Titleist T100s 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 56.14F True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 60.10S True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2  

1. City, State? Carmel, IN

2. Handicap?  11.6

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? TM Rescue Dual

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  My hybrid is ancient and I've been looking for a replacement for a while

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

1. City, State? Lakeland FL

2. Handicap? 7

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Callaway X2 hot pro / Callaway XR pro 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Always liked Callaway hybrids, would like to see how my older ones compare to new models

1. City, State? noblesville, in 

2. Handicap? 3

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? tsi2  4 wood, and ts2 7 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  i have only hit more player hybrids like the apex pro.  would like to see if this hybrid hits it higher but not as high as a 7 wood

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? yes

tsi3  10* ad vr 7x

tsi2 16.5* ad di 8x

ts2 21* nippon 950fw

t-mb 4, mizuno mp-64 5-pw dynamic gold

sm6 50f, 54s, 60k dynamic gold

directed force 2.1t

1.  City, State? Cranston RI

2. Handicap? 7

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Callaway Epic Flash 4H and Epic Flash 5W

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Want to see if the Super Hybrid can replace my Epic Flash 5 W with better dispersion. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread. Yes

Cobra Radspeed XB 9* Project X Smoke RDX Blue 60 S

Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood 15* Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Callaway Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Callaway Epic Flash 4 Hybrid 21* Tenesi AV Silver 70 S 

Callaway Apex CF19 Forged 5-AW Elevate 95 S

Ping Glide 3.0 52/12 SS and 58/10 SS

Odyssey Bird of Prey (BOP) 34"

1. City, State? - Springfield, MO

2. Handicap? - current GHIN is 0.6

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? - who knows at the moment, trying between a G410 LST 3 wood or a SIM2 17* hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? - this is the club that can fix what is giving me my issues, I hate fairway woods, I struggle with low lofted hybrids having something playable into par 5's and off the tee.  This is potentially the answer.  

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? - absolutely, while weather is slowly changing here in Missouri, I have access to several indoor sims as well, so can test and give opinions for months.

G425 LST 9* - SIM2 17* - G410 3 Crossover - i500 5-W (5i 2* strong, 6i 1* strong) - Glide 3.0 54*/58* - Hitoe 62* - F22

1. City, State?  Brownsburg, IN

2. Handicap?  7

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?  TM M3 2 hybrid(16) and a Cobra Biocell 3 hulybrid(19).

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  I don't use a 3 wood and use my 2 hybrid for pure distance to reach long par 5s.  More distance equals more better!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Absolutely.

1. City, State?  Warner Robins, GA

2. Handicap? 12

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?  Titleist 915 (18* & 22*) TM M1 3-wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  I often play my 18* hybrid off the tee on shorter par 4s and use my 22* a lot to attack the green on par 5s or long par 3s.  Given that I play these clubs a descent bit and consider them to be some of the better clubs in my back to help lower my score I am really interested to see the turf interaction from a variety of lies in addition to the ball speed gains and optimized launch from the epic super hybrid.  I have an epic golf trip planned in a few months and would love to show off this club on those upcoming courses.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes

1. City, State? Boise ID

2. Handicap? 1.9

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? I have a SLDR 5 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I need something in between my driver and 2i that 'gets up" and I struggle with fairway woods

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? absolutely, 100%

Taylormade Sim 9° - Fujikura Pro 53k X

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 17° - Fujikura Pro 73 X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X
Cleveland Zipcore 50°/54°/60° Full Face - Tour S400
Mack Made Custom - KBS One Step
2016 RZN Platinum (15 dozen in the garage)

Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

1. City, State? - Stillwater, OK

2. Handicap?  14 (men's tees)

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Callaway Rogue

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  I believe the Superhybrid is an intermediate between hybrid and fairway wood and feel that lends itself to hitting the hybrid even better.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Absolutely, I often document everything with photos.

GHIN Index 12.7
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Tensei CK Blue 60-Stiff 
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue Pro 4-AW, Recoil 760 F3
LH Callaway Rogue 19* 3-Hb, Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

1. City, State? orlando fl

2. Handicap? 15

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? titleist tsi2

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I've spent like $5000 with Callaway in the last few years and its the least they could do. jk...maybe.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? yes

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

1. City, State? Peoria, Az.

2. Handicap? 7.3

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Ping g425 3 hybrid and Ping g425 3 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I struggle with the 3 wood off the fairway at times, but hit my hybrid well. I think this would be a great "tweener" club for me, if Callaway's claim of driver DNA packed into a hybrid rings true. I would also like to use it off the tee for those demanding "must hit" fairway shots. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Of course! 

1. City, State? WAUKEE, IOWA 

2. Handicap? 20

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? SPEEDZONE 19* AND RAD SPEED 5W

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? INCREASED forgiveness, stability and easier to launch than a fairway

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Oh yea!

1. Green Bay, WI

2. 1.8

3. Mavrik 4W, Apex 20*

4. My trusty hybrid has been a bit inconsistent at times this year. I had a 5W in the bag last year and loved it, so I think the bigger head of the super hybrid (and it's slightly larger head) might be a great compromise for me.

5. Yes, absolutely.

Callaway Mavrik SZ TD, 10.5* Ventus Black
Callaway Mavrik 4W Ventus Black
Callaway Apex 3H
Callaway Apex Pro 21 4-PW MMT 105 TX
Callaway MD5 50*S / 54*S / 60*T DGTI
Toulon Garage Santa Monica