2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid Testing! Looking For 4 Testers!

1. City, State? Albany, NY

2. Handicap? 17

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Titleist 818 H2 21* - AD DI 85S

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Love the topline look and adjustability!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes.

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

1. Fairmont, WV

2. 8.9

3. Srixon ZX 16* & Titleist 915H 18*

4. I'm not really in love with the 16* and while I love my 18*, it needs replaced after years of use. ESH fills my preference of hybrid over FW & would be a great fairway finder off the tee! It also fits my eye as I used to play the Adams Super Hybrid. 

5. Absolutely!

1. Manti, UT

2. 6.8

3. Cobra Speedzone

4. I want to test because I've yet to find a hybrid that fits me for both off the tee box and off the deck for my swing.   I can't seem to find one that is good for both.

5. Yes, of course.

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed Fairway
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron, Squareback 2

1. City, State? - Convoy, Ohio

2. Handicap? - 8.3 

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? - Cobra Speedzone Tour 4 wood and Nike Vapor Fly 7 wood. 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? - I am really curious to see how it compares to the 7 wood and just having a hybrid that would perform like a fairway wood with more control. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? - Yes, Absolutely! 

1.  Lebanon, OH

2.  6.5

3.  Cobra F9 7W 20*

4.  Have always gamed hybrids and not loving the 7W route (it was worth a shot!).  The Epic Super Hybrid will slot nicely into the bag with my Callaway Apex CF 19 irons. 

5.  Yes, absolutely!  

Ping G430 LST 9* 
TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5W 18*

Callaway Apex UW 21*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 6-L

Ping PLD Oslo 3

Titleist Pro V1 

1. City, State?  Germantown, TN

2. Handicap?  12

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?  Cleveland Launcher Ti 3W/5W

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  Looking for something to take the place of either my 5W or 4I, love the idea of being able to fine-tune the launch with either the head angles or the head weighting.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? YES

1. City, State?  Chester Springs, Pa

2. Handicap? 6

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Titleist TSi 5w 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I am looking the ideal combo club that can be used from the tee as well as the fairway and rough.  I am still searching for the perfect gap between driver and 4 iron that caries a certain distance off the tee and can still be maneuvered from the fairway.  The Super Hybrid seems to check all boxes, and I prefer the look of a larger hybrid to a fairway wood.    

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes 

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

1. City, State? Kansas City, MO

2. Handicap? 7.2

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? 915fd 5w (18*)

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Want to try a different set up at the top of my bag to see if it fits better than current

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? yes

TSR3 10o - Ventus Blue TR 6-x

915fd 5w - D+ Ltd. 80-x

Ts2 7w - Rombax P95-x

T200 3G 5-P - PX 6.5

Vokey 46oF, 52oF, 56oS, 60oV - PX 6.5

SC T22 NP2

1. Johnsburg, IL

2. Handicap? 8

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? M5 3W, Apex 21 20 degree 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  I had the original 17 degree Super Hybrid and loved the club.  Unfortunately after experimenting with a heavier after market weight, it snapped off and got stuck inside the head.  I was forced to try another club.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  ABSOLUTELY!  I’m a perfect candidate to compare to the previous model! 

Edited by St Jimmy

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

1. City, State?   Columbia, MO

2. Handicap?   2

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?  Callaway

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  To see if there is anything better than what I already have.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?   Sure

1. San Diego, CA

2. 9 HC

3. TSi2 3w 15*, TSi2 Hybrid 18*

4. Still looking for the perfect hybrid that offers forgiveness and playability!

5. Yes

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

1. City, State? Buffalo, NY

2. Handicap? 11.6

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?  FW: TM M4 HL 3 wood; Hybrid: Cobra F9 Speedback 3 hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?  I am very intrigued about the new tech with the new callaway hybrid line

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Of course.  I belong to a beautiful golf course that would be the perfect backdrop

1. City, State? Green Bay, WI

2. Handicap? 8 ish

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? TaylorMade RBZ 3 Wood and Cobra Rail 3 Hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I have not upgraded my wood or hybrid in about 10 years (give or take). I think it's probably time to start considering upgrading. I know Callaway is always pushing technology and would love the opportunity to test it out. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely!

1. City, State? Wixom, MI

2. Handicap? 11

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? G410 4-wood, 4 hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I've been looking for a few years for a reliable 2nd tee club.  Only use my woods/hybrids off the floor.  This could be it!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes!

1. City, State? Irvine, CA

2. Handicap? 15

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? TSi2 21* 7 Wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Still dont feel too comfortable with a 7 wood and would really like to get an overall one stop shop club for that spot! The size of the Epic Super Hybrid is appealing to me as it blends both fairway/hybrid 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Most definitely!

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

1. City, State? Milwaukee(ish), WI

2. Handicap? 1.6

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Titleist 816H1

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I want something closed to a FW/Hybrid combination - that I can hit higher with a little more forgiveness 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? absolutely 

Titleist TSI3 10.0* 
Titleist TSI1 15* 

Titleist TS2 18*
Titleist T100S Black 4-PM
Vokey SM8 48F

Vokey SM8 54F
Vokey SM9 60T
Ping Anser 2D

1. City, State? Seattle, WA

2. Handicap? 11.5

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Mizuno CLK 19, 19 degree (set to 17) and 22 degree (set to 20).

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I need help with my 5 iron (Callaway Apex CF 19). 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely! I end up needing to hit to that distance quite a bit, so I would use the club a lot and would love to share my experience.

I would want a Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 5H with a KBS Prototype 85 or 75 regular flex to blend with my set. Thanks!

Edited by Alvin54

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.5 KBS TD 50 S

Mizuno ST190 TS @14 Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno CLK 19@17 KBS Prototype 65R

Mizuno CLK 22@20 KBS Prototype 75R

Callaway Apex Forged CF-19 5-24, 6-27, 7-31, 8-35, 9-40, P-45, A-50 KBS TGI 90

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 Black Smoke Wedge 56/12-C @55, 60/10-RJ KBS TGI 90

TaylorMade Spider Tour Red

Maxfli Tour X

1. City, State? St Petersburg, FL

2. Handicap? 8.0

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? TSi3 15 3 wood / 818 H2 19 Hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? As a player that finds it easier to hit hybrids than fairway woods, this is really intriguing. I could literally play my club by hitting this club off the tee on 8 of 14 par 4’s and 5’a. I could see this keeping me in the fairway more often off the tee!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

How to Apply

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. City, State?

Pasadena, CA. 

2. Handicap?

(Don't ask 😉 ) I'd say 100+

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?

An old Cleveland 3 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?

I'd love to lower my handicap and become a better golfer and also lose weight in the process, with all the activity(I have type 2 diabetes, so this will help me get out and play more & add to my bag ,which is coming together slowly, due to financial restraints). I think all the new technology really helps high handicappers like me, to get better. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?

Of course! Whatever you need.

Thanks for the wonderful offer. If I'm not chosen to be a tester, that's ok, Perhaps I can try to do so/be one in the future. Good luck to everyone. 🙂

Edited by GolferJeff

1. City, State? Fresno, California 

2. Handicap? 0.3

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Callaway XR Pro 21°

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I’ve been testing the 21° spot in my bag for years and haven’t found anything to knock out the oldest club in my bag. I’m super (pun intended) excited to give the Super Hybrid a go. More forgiving, higher launch, hotter face…I’m in!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely. 

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

1. City, State?  Joplin, MO

2. Handicap?  6

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood?  No hybrid.   3wd Callaway X tour.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid?   I've enjoyed my Epic Flash SZ driver.  I haven't had much luck with hybrids and perhaps the Cally hybrid will help me out like the driver has. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes!

1.  Harrisburg, PA

2. 12 index

3. Ping G25 3W, G 20 19* hybrid

4.  I tend to fight a hook on my hybrid and reviews I have read on the Callaway Super Hybrid indicate that it is neutral biased.

5.  It would be my pleasure to document my experience with the Super Hybrid and support the ongoing research through reviews, updates and ongoimg participation in the thread.

Epic offering (pun intended) by Callaway and GWRX!!! Stoked to have a chance at this bad boy.

1. City, State? Los Angeles, California

2. Handicap? 4.9

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Currently looking to replace my hybrid actually! Ping G410 in both a 3 hybrid and 5 fairway wood.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I've been intrigued ever since I heard about this thing coming down the pipeline from a Callaway rep. I haven't hit a Callaway hybrid in several years, but this one has got my antenna up and I'm very excited to see how it produces after reading/hearing about some rave reviews.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? I'm more than happy to take multiple photos and post and interact with GWRX members online. Also, I live across the street from my course and should have plenty of access to both range and course time for reviews and responses to pointed questions about performance and real time results. 

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Irons: Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Mk II w/ Nippon Modus 115 LE Black Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

1.  Mansfield, Ohio

2. 3.3

3. Sim Max 19* 

4. I have played Callaway hybrids in the past (most recently the Rogue hybrid) and enjoyed them. I gave my Rogue hybrid to my brother and he has really liked it. I like the Sim hybrid, but would certainly welcome another club beating it out- if it better suits my game. 

5. 100% agree to do all of these things. We still have plenty of golf left to be played in Ohio this year! 

1. City, State? Bloomington, IL

2. Handicap? 11.5

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Mavrik Pro 3Hy

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? I love hybrids, tested the OG super hybrid at 17° and smashed it (never bought it though). 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes, of course.

Spring 2024

Callaway Mavrik Max 1W 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W 15° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx LS 5W 17.5° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx 4Hy 21° HZRDUS Smoke 80

Srixon ZU85 4U 23° / Z585 6i-7i / Z785 8i-AW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56° 60°
SeeMore Mini Giant DF / Piretti Teramo / MannKrafted MA99 Proto

https://www.golfwrx.com/660122/witb-golfwrx-members-edition-jbrunk/

1. City, State? Sunnyvale, CA

2. Handicap? 5.0

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Ping G425 Max

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Love my new Epic Max LS driver and would like to see how that technology works in the hybrid.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

Edited by twentyfour

Driver Callaway Epic Max LS 9º 

3W / 5W / 7W Ping G425 Max

4i-GW Titleist 2019 T100 

SW Kirkland 56º 

Putter Odyssey Ten S

1. City, State? Pebble Beach, CA

2. Handicap? 4.2

3. Current hybrid or fairway wood? Cobra f9 17 deg

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid? Looking for something to hit off the tee when I have to hit a fairway. Cobra is a great club, but I’ve added a lot of speed and the shaft isn’t right anymore (fixed hosel as well). Looking for the right shaft/loft combo to fill a clear gap in my bag.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes.