2021 Walmart NW Arkansas Championship (Sep 24 - 26)

Argonne69

19 hours ago, fredogolfer said:

Some have said my posts are too gossipy 

You said you'd write more on your day on Friday...so what other gossip/drama have you got?

Did you chat with the DROOLING Flying Dumbo fan or Tina?

Thanks for reminding me to bring my DROOL bib the next time I watch Dumbo....I won't want to make a mess on the course.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

I recall watching the final round of this tournament in 2018 and thinking how cool it was to have a final group with the no. 1 player from Japan, the no. 1 player from Australia and the no. 1 player from the US (Nasa, Minjee & Lexi) . Each highly rated and each likeable. I think the no. 1 player from Thailand was in contention as well(Ariya).

It seems like tour and marketing team's dream. I hope the new commish is able to make the most of this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Let's see ya work that voodoo on Fassi or Muni getting a top 5 next event they play. 

You're askin a lot....I'll have to reach really deep into my Chinese bag of tricks to get Muni The SUPER POSER a top 5 next week.

I've had a lot of bad karma happen to me this week....many of my sporting favs choked and to top it off...without much warning .....my gal pal headed back home to China without me able to say goodbye and buy her some Chinese pastries for the flight home.🤣

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/huawei-executive-returns-as-china-releases-2-canadians-1.5600345

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KBong said:

You're askin a lot....I'll have to reach really deep into my Chinese bag of tricks to get Muni The SUPER POSER a top 5 next week.

I've had a lot of bad karma happen to me this week....many of my sporting favs choked and to top it off...without much warning .....my gal pal headed back home to China without me able to say goodbye and buy her some Chinese pastries for the flight home.🤣

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/huawei-executive-returns-as-china-releases-2-canadians-1.5600345

send it via fedex :P... alternatively, feel free to camp out in one of her 3(?) mcmansions nearby - she'll be back for a vacation in due time... maybe for the CP Open 😛 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

send it via fedex :P... alternatively, feel free to camp out in one of her 3(?) mcmansions nearby - she'll be back for a vacation in due time... maybe for the CP Open 😛 

She owns 2 slum houses here.

She was living in the $5M??? house at 1st cause the gated $12M+??? house was being renovated.

I'll likely parked in the neighbourhood by her $5M??? to attend the 2023 CWO at Shaughnessy.....I did park in the neighbourhood in 2011 for the men's CO....where I parked was only a 10 min walk to the course...so much better than waiting for the shuttle parking buses.

I think her $12M+??? house is closer to Marine Drive GC.

I don't see her back in Canada anytime soon....though I think some of her kids attend UBC???

• Haha 1

Talk about DROOLING...how about Saso's FW approach on 18 that stopped on a dime leading to an eagle.

And how about Ji's putt from the bunker on 18...that shot had disaster written all over it...could have left it in the bunker or 25 feet past the hole.

Some crazy shots on 17 at the Ryder too.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, KBong said:

Kinda surprised the WRX women here haven't trashed the stupid frilly things on the shoulders of JYK's shirt...WTH???

I actually said to my poodle, "Damn, Jin Young musta lost a bet!" She needs a new dresser. On the plus side, Danielle wore a dress for the second day in a row and looked spectacular! (I love golf dresses, too.)

Congrats to Nasa, the queen of the 3 day tourney this season. Two aces helps alot!!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

On the plus side, Danielle wore a dress for the second day in a row and looked spectacular! (I love golf dresses, too.)

And knee highs to finish off the look....ok...add in the pantyhose too🤣

But a woman needs to be somewhat trim too pull off the golf dress look.

That was fun. Could have been a runaway, but Danielle, Eun-Hee, and Minjee kept it interesting. If any of the three could have made a putt coming down the stretch it would have been a different outcome, as Nasa didn't birdie anything after the 11th. 

'Not sure what Minjee was thinking on the 18th. Downhill lie 190+ yds out, and it's a 5 iron? Needs to stand on the range and watch Lydia, Jin Young, and Inbee hit hybrids. Lol.

It seems like all the players were struggling with the greens yesterday. 

'Nice 62 by So Yeon.

How does Maria manage to shoot 2 over after opening rounds of 68 and 67? 

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

10 minutes ago, iBanesto said:

Hopefully Jin Young Ko can continue her good form in the back end of the season.

She's trending in the right direction. Her ballstriking sure seems to be in form. She managed 33 fairways and 51 greens this week. Her putter was off again, though. 

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

19 hours ago, KBong said:

She owns 2 slum houses here.

She was living in the $5M??? house at 1st cause the gated $12M+??? house was being renovated.

I'll likely parked in the neighbourhood by her $5M??? to attend the 2023 CWO at Shaughnessy.....I did park in the neighbourhood in 2011 for the men's CO....where I parked was only a 10 min walk to the course...so much better than waiting for the shuttle parking buses.

I think her $12M+??? house is closer to Marine Drive GC.

I don't see her back in Canada anytime soon....though I think some of her kids attend UBC???

My bad...the 2nd home is $15M+.

I don't believe Meng is a golfer.....both houses are in a golf corridor...3 premier privates...a nice muni and public course too....all within about 5-6 kms from one another.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:35 PM, postfold said:

They definitely mention it and there are a couple players (e.g. Brittany Lincicome and Stacy Lewis) who have been pretty vocal about it.  Doesn't Smuckers sponsor the day care?  At least they used to.  Anyway, when a high profile player has a child and comes back to playing that's when we hear about it.

Nice to see a strong field this week.

I'm late responding but yes Smuckers still sponsors the mobile day care.  I actually used to work for Smuckers so this was always something that I was proud the company supported.

We went out to the tourney on Saturday morning and it was (as usual) a great time.  The weather was amazing and I talked to a couple pros and caddies on the practice green who commented how surprised they were at the number of kids that came out for the event.  P&G does an amazing job getting kids involved with things like scavenger hunts and STEAM activities.

I really hope they keep the event on the schedule for later in September because when it was in July it was sooooo freaking hot it was almost unbearable to bring the family out.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, KBong said:

What???...Doris Chen and her mother were at this event?🤣

Unless the 3some was colluding to cheat....and based on what you might have observed....I gotta believe what transpired was all kosher.

If the player was trying to cheat....I gotta believe the other 2 players and loops would question what was going on.

The players have the obligation and responsibility to protect the field from misplay.

There was something fishy going on. If the Marshall's were asking for help from spectators to confirm there was even a second shot hit, even after the ball had been found, I don't know, the situation just didn't sit well with me. It wasn't Yealimi, but did she change caddie's recently?

7 hours ago, Orange Hog said:

I'm late responding but yes Smuckers still sponsors the mobile day care.  I actually used to work for Smuckers so this was always something that I was proud the company supported.

We went out to the tourney on Saturday morning and it was (as usual) a great time.  The weather was amazing and I talked to a couple pros and caddies on the practice green who commented how surprised they were at the number of kids that came out for the event.  P&G does an amazing job getting kids involved with things like scavenger hunts and STEAM activities.

I really hope they keep the event on the schedule for later in September because when it was in July it was sooooo freaking hot it was almost unbearable to bring the family out.

Even if I wasn't super impressed by the course,(some of the super huge mansions surrounding it make it seem like you're playing a large putt-putt course), I think the support put into it by the sponsors and the community really elevates the event. 

I was impressed by the area too. Very green, went to Crystal Bridges on Thursday night and was surprised it was free and the area surrounding it was great. As I was pulling up to the entrance  there was a group of deer just hanging out by the side of the road. American Art isn't really my thing but what you all have up there is special, including the trails. 

It seems like there's a lot of buzz in town, with Wal-Mart being there, I think it'd be fun for a young professional or a single professional to live there and work for one of the companies that does business with Wal Mart. NWA is certainly nothing like Little Rock. 

58 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

There was something fishy going on. If the Marshall's were asking for help from spectators to confirm there was even a second shot hit, even after the ball had been found, I don't know, the situation just didn't sit well with me. It wasn't Yealimi, but did she change caddie's recently?

Why did you mention Yealimi?....to get 18majors all jacked up?...LOL.

Jesus, Belen's brother has been on Noh's bag for some time.