Chrome soft end of life.

QuigleyDU

The entire Chrome softs line is no longer being produced. What is made is a made and when gone it’s gone for good. 

there is a new ball coming out next year. It will be different. The are swapping production now to hopefully avoid delays in February. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Chrome Soft X as well?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

Yes. All models.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Uggh, made the switch this year and really like the balls X and LS. Can you share anymore details about upcoming balls? Thanks for the heads up I need to go stock up. It makes sense though as these balls are way too hard to find right now...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

41 minutes ago, KWG86 said:

Hope they make a ball that competes better with the TP5x and pro v 1x

Try the current X and X LS. They ain’t no slouch vs Titleist or TM.

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

On 9/25/2021 at 6:10 AM, Wardonation said:

Uggh, made the switch this year and really like the balls X and LS. Can you share anymore details about upcoming balls? Thanks for the heads up I need to go stock up. It makes sense though as these balls are way too hard to find right now...

No details yet. I will see it towards the end of the year. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I'm confused, Quigs. CS is the first golf ball Callaway has made that actually has some traction. Like ProV1 andTP5, it is a recognizable brand. And the ball is getting better, with new manufacturing techniques and decent press. Why would they get rid of it, now, when they can't keep up with demand ? I was not a marketing major but it makes no sense ????

• Like 4

On 9/26/2021 at 9:02 AM, jwb10 said:

I'm confused, Quigs. CS is the first golf ball Callaway has made that actually has some traction. Like ProV1 andTP5, it is a recognizable brand. And the ball is getting better, with new manufacturing techniques and decent press. Why would they get rid of it, now, when they can't keep up with demand ? I was not a marketing major but it makes no sense ????

I have to think regardless of how many people like the current/now discontinued lineup, it still doesn't have the buzz nor the number of balls in play as the ProV1 or TP5 current offerings. While I agree it's the best performing Cally ball I've tried since the Tour-iS/Z, it's not enough to convince the Cally execs they have a viable product that competes vs the other two. I sincerely hope they produce the best ball they ever have  because good competition makes them all better and that ultimately gives us the best balls ever produced.

• Like 2

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

I’m guessing it’s going to be more of a name change then a total redesign of he ball.  I would be willing to bet the whole soft is slow thing over at mgs has some people turned off by the chrome soft name.  And like said above their two best balls aren’t really that soft.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

6 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Ironic.  I had Pro shop credit from Men's Club events, used it to buy a couple dozen Chrome Softs.

The irony comes from my amazing skill at buying product as it's disappearing from the market.  LOL

Yep that happened with me on the Precept U- Tri Tour and the Bridgestone Treo Soft. Loved those 2 balls off of short irons

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

7 hours ago, storm319 said:

The 2020 product cycle (2years) is approaching its end and under normal circumstances they would be readying production for the next generation given that the season is coming to an end for around half of the country. The difference this time is less existing inventory due supply chain challenges and increased demand brought on by the pandemic (they usually have enough inventory to cover the production transition). 

As for the potential rebrand, while the Chrome Soft branding has by far been the most successful in Callaway’s history, the bad press over the past couple of years likely been more detrimental to the branding than people realize. Ultimately they wouldn’t be considering a rebrand if sales performance was exceeding expectations. 

Well said, and the second paragraph is what I was going to weigh in on. I think i'm a pretty good case for what the general golfing public would think about the ball because I don't/never have used it, am only really aware of it in the same way the average golfer would be (marketing), but overall the first things that come to mind for me are the rumblings of it still being "inferior" in some ways to the competition and the controversy around the manufacturing quality control. Basically when I hear "Chrome Soft" I only think of the image of one cut in half with the off centered core piece, and with all the other great ball options out there that means finding one on the course = going in the "hit on the range later" bag. It wouldn't take that feeling spreading very far for them to want to get out from under the Chrome Soft name and move on to the next thing, especially with someone like Rahm on their team that can immediately add some high profile legitimacy to whatever comes next, 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

9 hours ago, jwb10 said:

I get it. I am not sure what the new ball will be. Maybe still  a chrome soft and they just want to stop current ball production in prep for the new ball.  I was told it would be something different but they could be wrong or just not informed enough. 

• Like 2

BALL; Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, Valtiel said:

Well said, and the second paragraph is what I was going to weigh in on. I think i'm a pretty good case for what the general golfing public would think about the ball because I don't/never have used it, am only really aware of it in the same way the average golfer would be (marketing), but overall the first things that come to mind for me are the rumblings of it still being "inferior" in some ways to the competition and the controversy around the manufacturing quality control. Basically when I hear "Chrome Soft" I only think of the image of one cut in half with the off centered core piece, and with all the other great ball options out there that means finding one on the course = going in the "hit on the range later" bag. It wouldn't take that feeling spreading very far for them to want to get out from under the Chrome Soft name and move on to the next thing, especially with someone like Rahm on their team that can immediately add some high profile legitimacy to whatever comes next, 

the power of TGS

Whatever is on the horizon will be excellent. Callaway has answered the call on every level and have a ton of merits to their design. Phil, Xander, and Rahm are some of the best of the best. Anyone that says they don't hold a candle to TM or Titleist has that opinion but, I'm certain 99% of us disagree with it. 

I'm hoping they hold on to Truvis. I'm hoping they keep the same feel and durability. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phil75070 said:

Nobody is going to overtake Titleist as the #1 ball, but Callaway is currently 2nd in market share, primarily due to the Chrome Soft line-up. It would surprise me for them to discontinue a line that has given them their largest share of the market to date. 

Curious what the actual numbers are and compared to previous year or even quarters. The last time I saw numbers was early last year and Callaway had lost 1-2% while bridgestone and Taylormade had both gained about 1%. Titleist had lost abkut 1% as well. If those type of numbers continued into this year being #2 and losing ground isn’t good

13 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Like you I read and hear the Hype on any of them but do not subscribe--- Usually around my course because we have such a strong Srixon presence I usually find Srixon balls--- I do find some Callaway balls--- Like you they go into the shag bag I use when messing around and playing practice rounds. Did find a Titleist Tour Soft the other day and that thing hits good off of persimmon. Right now front line I use Srixon Q Star Tours since I have won quite a few in fact won a dozen in the 9 and dine Saturday night. It is getting cooler so I will more than likely go to the Soft Feels which I think I still have 4 dozen of including some green ones. I am wanting to try the new Vice Pro balls ( 3 piece) because they are $23 at Wally World--- If I did not have so many free Srixon balls I would be playing Vice. 

It was funny you mentioned the off center Cally balls--- One of my sometimes scramble partners plays anything he finds. He hit a wobbly putt with a Chrome Soft the other day that wobbled funny. I laughed and told him if he had a decent ball that putt would have went in. He thought I was shooting him a line of BS. I threw my Q Star down and he putted it and it did not wobble and went in. LOL he threw the Chrome Soft in the lake beside the green. You want to see some funky flight hit a Chrome Soft or Super Soft with my M-6. With the Twisted Sister face on some mishits you can get some funky flights with any ball. Callaway balls are even funkier. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stanks said:

Whatever is on the horizon will be excellent. Callaway has answered the call on every level and have a ton of merits to their design. Phil, Xander, and Rahm are some of the best of the best. Anyone that says they don't hold a candle to TM or Titleist has that opinion but, I'm certain 99% of us disagree with it. 

I'm hoping they hold on to Truvis. I'm hoping they keep the same feel and durability. 

A lot of guys in our weekly scrambles and 9 and dine putt with the Truvis ball and I have not personally observed the wobble the Chrome Soft has---- Note for some reason they only putt with the ball. 

And trust me on this the balls the staffers play on tour are hand picked and checked before being issued--- Not saying that they are juiced up or anything just balanced. As someone else posted I do think Cally has #2 in market share but most golfers are not as savy as us WRXers are and do not read up on the subject and think "Well Lefty and World #1 play Cally so they must be good" 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1