2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2021 Mizuno T22 wedges (in-hand photos)

5 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

I pre-ordered two T22 wedges from Carl's - 53.10 and 57.10 custom on 9/19 and received them on 10/29. A shade under the 6 weeks quoted on custom orders.

So you should be up pretty soon.

I pre-ordered mine from Carlsland on 10/7 and received 2 out of 3 wedges today. Waiting on the 58X (Mizuno said it shipped yesterday). Originally ordered 48S, 54D, and 58C in satin chrome with custom lies and Project X LZ shafts. Once news of the C-grind legal issue got out, I contacted Carlsland last week and changed my 58C to the 58X with same custom specs. 

The satin chrome wedges are beautiful in person. Pictures don’t do it justice. Think these will blend well in the bag with upcoming line as well as JPX line.

• Like 1

Placed an order with the head pro at my club for 50S, 54S and 60C at the end of September. His Mizuno rep said delivery should be mid November. I asked him to reach out and see if anything was up with my order and/or the C Grind. Said nothing to speak of and still should be delivered in the next couple of weeks. So who knows. From what you guys have said I would be surprised if I received the right grind for the 60

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD DS72

Titleist Pro V1

4 hours ago, iceman1118 said:

Placed an order with the head pro at my club for 50S, 54S and 60C at the end of September. His Mizuno rep said delivery should be mid November. I asked him to reach out and see if anything was up with my order and/or the C Grind. Said nothing to speak of and still should be delivered in the next couple of weeks. So who knows. From what you guys have said I would be surprised if I received the right grind for the 60

Seems too long of wait unless there are shaft supply shortage issues with your shaft. I would see if you can get your order number and contact Mizuno directly. Last I talk to them as of couple days ago, Mizuno pulled all C grinds and have zero in their inventory with no status on when they will have them back. 

I ordered mine Monday and was quoted around 2.5 weeks but I’m not holding my breath.  No big deal if it takes longer.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

21 hours ago, HarborMike said:

Seems too long of wait unless there are shaft supply shortage issues with your shaft. I would see if you can get your order number and contact Mizuno directly. Last I talk to them as of couple days ago, Mizuno pulled all C grinds and have zero in their inventory with no status on when they will have them back. 

It’s a custom order with C Tapers. From what my pro heard we are still on schedule. Any updates I will let you guys know. 

Ping PLD DS72

Titleist Pro V1

18 hours ago, HarborMike said:

Would be curious if the C grind made it through 

Agreed. Hoping it does otherwise I will move to the X grind in the 60

Ping PLD DS72

Titleist Pro V1

32 minutes ago, BogeyWorkman said:

Same here.  I really want to try this but I know once I buy the SM9s will leak and I will have buyers remorse.  Trying to stay patient.  

I believe it has been said the sm9 will be put into play at the RSM Classic in two weeks.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

I received my T22’s yesterday, just in time for a quick range session and 18 holes today. I ordered the 46,50,54 in S grind and 58 in C grind. Mizuno sent a X grind without asking instead…

Initial thoughts: These are noticeably smaller than the S18 that i have played for 3 years and my brothers SM8 side by side. I actually liked the size and it didn’t bother me at all but considering the high number of tour pros playing SM8, it is odd that I (9.5 HDCP) am playing wedges that are smaller than the pro’s play. The feel is noticeably better than the S18, mine were custom fitted so the lie angles, gapping and swing weights were perfect.

The X grind is designed for better players, which i am not, and i found it very playable from all areas. I don’t change equipment often, still playing 900 Forged, but just wanted to upgrade from the S18’s that I’ve been playing for 3-4 seasons, I can honestly say that i am very happy with the purchase and hopefully they’ll be in the bag for 3-4 years as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, acro said:

I received my T22’s yesterday, just in time for a quick range session and 18 holes today. I ordered the 46,50,54 in S grind and 58 in C grind. Mizuno sent a X grind without asking instead…

Initial thoughts: These are noticeably smaller than the S18 that i have played for 3 years and my brothers SM8 side by side. I actually liked the size and it didn’t bother me at all but considering the high number of tour pros playing SM8, it is odd that I (9.5 HDCP) am playing wedges that are smaller than the pro’s play. The feel is noticeably better than the S18, mine were custom fitted so the lie angles, gapping and swing weights were perfect.

The X grind is designed for better players, which i am not, and i found it very playable from all areas. I don’t change equipment often, still playing 900 Forged, but just wanted to upgrade from the S18’s that I’ve been playing for 3-4 seasons, I can honestly say that i am very happy with the purchase and hopefully they’ll be in the bag for 3-4 years as well.

I think these are wayy better then anything the sm9 will be... also... they dont seem small to me. They seem perfect. I love the whole size and shape. Feel is outstanding. I know what u mean though by playing what the pros play... i think we are just taught to think we cant play similar stuff they can though.

I placed a custom order at Carl's Golfland on October 11th for a 50 in S grind, a 55 in D grind, and a 60 in C grind.  The 55 & 60 were both immediately put on backorder due to Modus 125 wedge shafts not expected to be back in stock until December. My 50 arrived last week. FWIW, I have not received an update regarding any further delay on the C grind 60. 

4 minutes ago, DSD37 said:
I placed a custom order at Carl's Golfland on October 11th for a 50 in S grind, a 55 in D grind, and a 60 in C grind.  The 55 & 60 were both immediately put on backorder due to Modus 125 wedge shafts not expected to be back in stock until December. My 50 arrived last week. FWIW, I have not received an update regarding any further delay on the C grind 60. 

Mizuno or Carl’s Goldland isn’t actively providing updates on C grind delay. I contacted them both to confirm there were no C grinds available in the inventory any longer and had no time table. Both Mizuno and Carlsland rep confirmed it was the case of the legal dispute. Mizuno rep even stated they are in process of redoing the C grind because of it. Once I changed my order from C grind to X grind (with my custom shaft and lie) it was pretty quick turn around. Came a few days later after I received my S and D grinds with original order.

Just ordered my 50* with a multicomp grip and a degree flat.   Shipped in two days .. should have it Monday.  

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

2 hours ago, sadclevelandsports said:

Does anyone know if the raw finish maintains the hydrophobicity of the other two?

Has the same face pattern and grooves so yes.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

9 hours ago, sadclevelandsports said:

Does anyone know if the raw finish maintains the hydrophobicity of the other two?

That's pretty much the only benefit that raw provides besides visual.  Raw will have better spin control in wet conditions.

Initial testing showed that in dry conditions raw marginally impacted spin and launch, and, ultimately, the results were very similar when pitted against a chrome-plated wedge. However, when testers added water to the equation, the variance in performance was staggering.

With chrome wedges, the data showed an approximate 50% reduction in spin on wet shots. With raw, there was only about a 25% reduction – showcasing a significant improvement.

In addition, testing showed that chrome-plated wedge shots could experience a 6°-8° increase in launch going from dry to wet, while a raw face would only result in a 2°-3° increase.

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/clubhouse/158640-raw-face-wedges-why-they-work-and-tips-for-adding-rust.html?lang=en_US

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcbjr said:

That's pretty much the only benefit that raw provides besides visual.  Raw will have better spin control in wet conditions.

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/clubhouse/158640-raw-face-wedges-why-they-work-and-tips-for-adding-rust.html?lang=en_US

TXG's testing suggested that the T22 maintained the same performance while wet (even exceeding, though within standard error), at least for the chrome LH wedges that Matt hit. 

Driver: Mizuno ST-Z 220 8.5° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5 / 60g

3w: Mizuno ST-Z 15° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 / 70g

5w: Mizuno ST-Z 18° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 / 70g

4i-5i: Mizuno Pro 223 - Project X Rifle 6.5

6i-PW: Mizuno Pro 221 - Project X Rifle 6.5

50.07S: Mizuno T22 - Denim Copper - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
54.10S: Mizuno T24 - Satin Chrome - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
60.12V: Mizuno T24 - Denim Copper - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1 T2 - 34"/69° -  Matte Black Shaft - Press No. II 3°

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

On 11/5/2021 at 9:44 PM, iNeedMoreGolf said:

I think these are wayy better then anything the sm9 will be... also... they dont seem small to me. They seem perfect. I love the whole size and shape. Feel is outstanding. I know what u mean though by playing what the pros play... i think we are just taught to think we cant play similar stuff they can though.

I loved the look of them but as a Vokey fanboy I want to see the SM9 before I take the plunge.  Hoping for a leak soon! 

• Like 1

Can anyone compare T20 and T22? I had the T20 wedges and liked the feel and performance around the greens but was not as much of a fan on longer pitch and full shots.

Titleist TSR 1w Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TSR 3w Tour AD DI 7x

Titleist TSR 5w Tour AD DI 8x

Titleist TSR 4h Tour AD DI 9x

Titleist T150 4i-6i X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

6 hours ago, Rpete33 said:

Can anyone comment on the feel of the raw vs the copper wedge? I prefer a raw wedge but if the feel is that much better in the denim copper then I will get those. Also I’ve never played mizuno wedges but I love the idea of all my wedges being 35.5

I couldn’t tell any difference between satin, copper and raw personally

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uglande said:

Can anyone compare T20 and T22? I had the T20 wedges and liked the feel and performance around the greens but was not as much of a fan on longer pitch and full shots.

Smaller profile on the T22, different grooves, seem to spin more for me on short chips and half/quarter shots. Did not notice a difference on full shots. The grinds seem slightly evolved but overall the same 

• Like 1