Golf cart "accident"

larrybud

25 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

I've seen 3 carts in the water this year.... almost 4 decades I had never seen a single cart in any body of water...  #covidgolf

In 1993 at Sandwich (Greg Norman won) I saw two suited R+A guys lose control of their buggy and it did a graceful pirouette then fell backwards into a large drainage ditch. Extremely amusing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The golf course never ceases to amaze...

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

I live in a private golf course community, & you would not believe some of the crazy things I've seen with golf carts.  The biggest problem here is very elderly men (& a few women) who have super fast golf carts and they cannot handle the speed around corners, steep hills, etc.  Our courses are mountain courses so there's plenty of opportunity for accidents....some have been very serious.  I believe golf carts do not need to go 30+ mph.  That's just asking for trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to work at a golf course and have seen carts rolled on it's side, but this is another level. My guess is that the person was coming hot downhill into the bridge at an angle. Then the trying to make a left turn into the bridge, the cart wouldn't turn or stop because of wet grass or gravel.

Edited by tacklingdummy

24 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

I used to work at a golf course and have seen carts rolled on it's side, but this is another level. My guess is that the person was coming hot downhill into the bridge at an angle. Then the trying to make a left turn into the bridge, the cart wouldn't turn or stop because of wet grass or gravel.

Or 4 guys lifted the front end of the cart onto the railing.

It would take significant velocity to get the cart to ride up the edge of that steep railing. Such velocity would cause considerable damage to the railing and the front end of the cart.

Edited by Mustard_Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

It would take significant velocity to get the cart to ride up the edge of that steep railing. Such velocity would cause considerable damage to the railing and the front end of the cart.

Both are possibilities, but I don't think would take a ton of velocity to get it ride up the edge because of the mass of the cart. Those railings are extremely strong and it is at an angle. I have seen a lot of car crashes where cars climbed on top of objects you would not think they could ride up. Here is a crash where a car rode up a Target Ball. Definitely a challenge for Mythbusters. 

https://www.wral.com/car-drives-over-target-ball-in-holly-springs/19779657/

16 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

An old fart did this. It's not staged.

• Like 1

Pretty obvious old guy popped a wheelie and did a delightfully soft landing on said railing. Just a well preformed stunt all around. Kudos. Stating 'accident' just gets more hits. 

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

23 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

I'll bet they were listening to rock and roll music at a loud volume too. And as mentioned above, probably smoking marijuana cigarettes. 

17 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

They probably had tattoos as well.

And marital problems.

9 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Don't forget caffeinated attitudes. 

I'd bet there was dancing involved.

footloose kevin bacon GIF by Paramount Movies

• Like 2