2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: Cobra KING Tec Hybrid! 3 Testers Needed!

City, State?  Traverse City, MI
Handicap? 6
Current hybrid?  Callaway Apex
3. What is important to you in a hybrid?  High launch and adjustability
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  My 5 hybrid is my most used full shot club outside of driver.  My current hybrid does not launch high enough to hold greens well and my par 3 scoring has gone down because of that.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Yes

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Handicap? 8
2. Current hybrid? Tm Rescue
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? having problems with 3 hybrids and fairway woods.. Can't seem to launch the ball high..  It's always a wormburners..
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Carbon Crown and Lower center of Gravity.. I think would help me launch higher..

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

City, State? Warren, NJ
1. Handicap? 5
2. Current hybrid? TM RBZ Stage 2 
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Ability to execute different shots
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Always open to something that could be better

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

City, State? San Francisco, CA
1. Handicap? 20
2. Current hybrid? Nickent 3DX and TEE C721
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? forgiveness and easy to get in the air
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? looking to replace my aging Nickent hybrid

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? yes!

City, State? St. Petersburg, FL
1. Handicap? 15
2. Current hybrid? Callaway Super Hybrid
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? For it not to be a hooking machine
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I like the adjustability and hope it can help prevent the lefts. 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? You bet. 

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

City, State? CINCINNATI, OH
1. Handicap? 4
2. Current hybrid? 910h and 816h1
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Doesn't looked closed, can be easy to hit off any lie, reliable get out of jail club. 
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  I have seen reviews and discussion on this hybrid from Golfwrx and my hybrids are old and need a refresh with new tech. 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? YES!

City, State?  Warner Robins, GA
1. Handicap? 12 
2. Current hybrid?  Titleist 915 2-H and 4-H
3. What is important to you in a hybrid?  I use a hybrid off the tee for positioning and forgiveness...I also use a hybrid as a scoring club on Par 5s...having a club that is versatile enough to hit off the tee but also out of the rough is very important.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  I have heard many great things about Cobra golf but have not had a chance to review/demo their products.  From the players look to the adjustable weighting with high launch and increased ball speed I think cobra may have a real winner.  I also like the adjustability and think this could allow me to go to a single hybrid and add a different fairway wood.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Yes

City, State? BRANDON, MS
1. Handicap? 2.8
2. Current hybrid? TAYLORMADE RBZ TOUR 4 21.5*
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? NEUTRAL SET UP, PLAYABILITY OUT OF THE ROUGH, DISTANCE 
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A CLUB TO REPLACE MY OLD RBZ, NOTHING HAS COME CLOSE SO FAR. WILL THE TEC?

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? ABSOLUTELY

TM SIM2 MAX 9* - TP Motore S

TM SIM2 TI 3W - HZRDUS BLACK 6.5

TM RBZ 5W - Diamana BB 
TM RBZ Tour 4H 21* - Aldila RIP X
Srixon ZX7 5-PW Nippon 120T Stiff
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50* 

Titleist Vokey SM7 S Grind 55* 

Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 60* 
Odyssey TT #10
Srixon Z Star

City, State? Albany, NY

1. Handicap? 17
2. Current hybrid? Titleist 818H2
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Spin and distance consistency across the face
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Loved my F8 hybrid

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Of course!

Edited by BraxtonFullerton

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

City, State? Ankeny Iowa
1. Handicap? 0.2
2. Current hybrid? Ping G425
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Anti-left, looks good down by ball, compact shape, lower spinning and mid to high launching. 
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Looks like it could be a great fit for me in that it checks all the boxes I mentioned above, in addition to my hybrids taking up my 3 wood and 5 wood spots in my bag at the moment. 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yep!

1. Handicap? 6.5
2. Current hybrid? None
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Gapping between FW and longest iron and play from the rough.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I am struggling with the gap between my FW and my 5 iron. 

City, State? Dallas, TX
1. Handicap? 6
2. Current hybrid? Honma Tr21 (19 degree) and TM Mid rescue (22 degree)
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Distance control; High trajectory
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? My 22 degree is over 15 years old -- I am interested in seeing if new hybrid would make a difference

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. Handicap? 8.1
2. Current hybrid? Cobra King OS
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Consistent distance, predictable ball flight, forgiveness
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I'd love to see how the adjustments impact ball flight, distance and accuracy. 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

1. Harrisburg, North Carolina
2. 6.7 GHIN
3. PXG 0211 4h
4. Consistent distance along with high flight, and not be a hook machine
5. Love the PXG but had a Amp Cell that I loved as well.  Need a 5h now and would like to see how this compares.

6. Yes

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

1. Handicap? 11
2. Current hybrid? Mizuno CLK 19 and 22 with KBS Prototype 65 and 75 shafts, respectively.
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Long iron replacement, high launch, forgiveness, adjustability.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I need help with my longest iron (5 iron). I have to work hard to get the trajectory and distance I need at that spot. I would love to have a Cobra King Tec 5 Hybrid with a KBS 85 graphite shaft and Arccos Connect grip. It would fill a much needed gap in my long game. I suspect there are others who are in a similar situation.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely! I would love to share my experience. I have Arccos data for my all my clubs, and I could provide a data-driven comparison. Thanks for the opportunity!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.5 KBS TD 50 S

Mizuno ST190 TS @14 Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno CLK 19@17 KBS Prototype 65R

Mizuno CLK 22@20 KBS Prototype 75R

Callaway Apex Forged CF-19 5-24, 6-27, 7-31, 8-35, 9-40, P-45, A-50 KBS TGI 90

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 Black Smoke Wedge 56/12-C @55, 60/10-RJ KBS TGI 90

TaylorMade Spider Tour Red

Maxfli Tour X

City, State? San Diego, CA
1. Handicap? 10
2. Current hybrid? TM SIM 2 Max 
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Adjustability, forgiveness, distance. 
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Prior to my current hybrid, I had always played Cobra (going back to Baffler T rail +) - would like to see how this version performs vs my current one. 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes! 

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

Weaverville, NC
1. Handicap: 9.6
2. Current hybrid: Cobra King F7
3. What is important to you in a hybrid: forgiveness, when the other clubs aren't going right, need something trustworthy to fall back on. 
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid: Great reviews online so far, love the adjustability and want to see this with no rails vs current with rails

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos: Yes

City, State? West Deptford, NJ
1. Handicap? 11
2. Current hybrid? Mizuno 2020 CLK 22-degree lofted to 24 degrees
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? 4-iron replacement. Ease of strike off the tee, descent angle and stopping power into greens.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I played Cobra irons for 15 years and enjoyed them quite a bit. I've never tried a Cobra hybrid, and I'm interested to see what technology they bring to the table.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

Driver: Mizuno ST-Z 220 8.5° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5 / 60g

3w: Mizuno ST-Z 15° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 / 70g

5w: Mizuno ST-Z 18° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 / 70g

4i-5i: Mizuno Pro 223 - Project X Rifle 6.5

6i-PW: Mizuno Pro 221 - Project X Rifle 6.5

50.07S: Mizuno T22 - Denim Copper - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
54.10S: Mizuno T24 - Satin Chrome - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
60.12V: Mizuno T24 - Denim Copper - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1 T2 - 34"/69° -  Matte Black Shaft - Press No. II 3°

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

City, State?  Calgary, Alberta, CAN

Handicap? 7.1

Current hybrid? Not currently gaming one, but have tried many.

What is important to you in a hybrid? Adjustability and versatility. Currently gaming a 3 iron/driving iron in this slot in the bag, and its very one dimensional as almost a tee club only, but it tends not to overdraw, giving me confidence. 

Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  I seems like this club could be the answer to deliver on the versatility I desire from my answer above, but the adjustability to help create an anti-hook confidence inspiring club. Also, with my bag set up, this would gap between my 4i and 13.5 degree mini driver, so the promised extra distance could be just the ticket i am looking for. 

Ping G400 LST (10) - Tour AD XC 7TX

Taylormade 300 Mini Driver (13.5 @ 43") - Tensei Pro White 80 TX

Mizuno STZ 5 Wood - Ventus Red 9X

-or-

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 Iron (18*) - Aldila RIP Alpha 105X Hybrid Shaft

Taylormade P750 Tour Proto (2017) - PX 6.5 - 4-P

Cleveland RTX4 Black - 50/54/58

Scotty Phantom X5 (2022) - 34" - 10G weights

1. Handicap? 15
2. Current hybrid? TS2
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Flight and spin
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I might like Cobra products after this

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1. Handicap? 11
2. Current hybrid? Cobra F7 (GOAT as far as I’m concerned)
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Versatility.  Confidence to hit off tee, deck, even putt from/through fairway,
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Looks great, sounds great, time to try Cobras newest 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testingthread, posting reviews and photos? Yes!

City, State? Litchfield Park, AZ
1. Handicap? ~18 (sorry, nothing official, I just know I score rough bogey golf)
2. Current hybrid? PXG 0211 22*, recently sold a Taylormade RBZ Black 19*
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Adjustability and versatility. It can be used for so many things on course that it needs to be ready and willing for anything.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? The multiple weights, adjustable hosel, and speed of the club. I’m also interested to see if a hybrid that’s stated to be more for the better golfer can actually help us mid-high handicappers lower our scores.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes.

1. City, State? San Diego, CA
  2. 1. Handicap? 7.6
  3. 2. Current hybrid? Adams Idea Super Hybrid XTD
  4. 3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Head size, forgiveness and distance 
  5. 4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Looking to replace my old Adams XTD, which I use as my 3 wood.
  6. 5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

**WITB** **Driver**: Titleist TS2 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Elite Orange S **3 Wood**: Adams Idea XTD 15* Super S Hybrid w/ Fubuki AX350 S **Utility**: Titleist 818H2 19* and 23* w/ Fujikura Motore TS HB 8.8 **5-PW**: Titleist AP3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lites **WEDGES**: Titleist Vokey SM7 52* and 56* **PUTTER**: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 w/ Superstroke

Roseville, CA
1. Handicap? 8
2. Current hybrid? Ping G400
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Easy to launch, Distance, and Forgiveness
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Only hybrid on the market that I have seen that provides adjustability in the form of both weights and loft which would allow me the ability to dial in desired shot shape and launch angle

Looking forward to opportunity if chosen.