APPLY NOW: Cobra KING Tec Hybrid! 3 Testers Needed!

City, State?  Northville, MI
1. Handicap?  4.1
2. Current hybrid?  Don’t currently carry one.
3. What is important to you in a hybrid?  Consistency, but with flexibility on the course- ie- green side shots, tee shots, fairways, rough and the occasional cart path.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  Passively in the market and am interested to see the difference in hybrids now versus 4 years ago when I used to carry one.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Absolutely!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City, State? Bloomington, IL
Handicap? 11.5
Current hybrid? Callaway Mavrik Pro 3Hy & Apex 19 4Hy

What is important to you in a hybrid? Versatility, I’m not a long hitter, inconsistent with driver, and play on a short tight home course. So I use hybrid a lot off the tee, in recovery situations, as well as long approaches.

Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I’ve played quite a few Cobra hybrids over the last decade (Baffler T Rail, BiO Cell, Fly-Z, F6, F8), but none from the most recent club cycles. I’d like to see how the King Tec stands up against my G400s in forgiveness, and test out the weight adjustability.  I also like the the hosel settings sit neutral at 19°.  The older adjustable Cobra hybrids had to open or close the face to get 19°.

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, and posting reviews and photos? Yup!

Winter 2022

Ping G400 1W Elements Chrome 6F4

Ping G400 3W EvenFlow Blue 75

Ping G400 3Hy & 4Hy Aldila NV 2KXV Green 85

Ping i200 5i-UW AWT 2.0

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 56.12 60.10

Yes! Sally 12 Mid / Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide CS

https://www.golfwrx.com/660122/witb-golfwrx-members-edition-jbrunk/

City, State? Lebanon, OH
1. Handicap? 6.5
2. Current hybrid? In between  hybrids  - perfect timing! 
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Tee and Fairway performance and punch shots and green side play. 
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Have loved Cobra hybrids dating back to the Bio Cell and would love to test the adjustability and performance of the King Tec! 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

Taylormade SIM Max 10.5*

Titleist TSi2 18*

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Callaway Apex CF19 4-P

Titleist Vokey SM8 48.10 F 

Titleist Vokey SM8 54.10 S

Mizuno T-22 60.06 X 

Bettinardi Studio Stock #7

Srixon Tour Divide

City, State?

fairfield, ct
1. Handicap?

2. Current hybrid?

Have a g410 22* but not in the bag
3. What is important to you in a hybrid?

Height Control off the turf. 
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?

matt from TXG has one in the bag and he has every option possible. 
5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?

yes

City, State? Chester Springs, Pa
1. Handicap? 6.8
2. Current hybrid? Cobra Bio Cell 2-3
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? It has have adjustable loft, look good at address, and not want to go left.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I am always looking for the perfect gap between diver and 4-iron based on the course I play.  I prefer the length of a hybrid vs. 5w and use this spot in the bag frequently to hit specific tee shots and longer shots into greens.  I really wan to try the King Tec hybrid because of all the adjustability and its ability to be dialed in and then switched as needed per course conditions or desired flight/distances.    

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? yes

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  Tensei AV Raw White Proto 2.0- TX  
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Edel 56* 60* C Taper S+
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Futura Phantom
Pro V1

City, State? Fairfax, VA
Handicap? 18
Current hybrid? Don't use one but want to.
What is important to you in a hybrid? Forgiveness, adjustability and turf interaction
Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I play a Cobra driver and believe in the design of its clubs. I've recently started to consider hybrids to help with my distance shots and this trial would be perfect.

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes!

City, State? Grand Forks, ND
1. Handicap? 12
2. Current hybrid? Srixon Z U65
3. What is important to you in a hybrid?  Distance and height for hitting into par 5's
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  Looking for the right hybrid to fit between 4 iron and 3 wood.  It has been a revolving door the last couple seasons.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? yes

Callaway Mav SZ 10.5° - Aldila Rogue White 60
Titleist 915 fairway 15° - Aldila Tour Blue 75

Ping G410 Crossover (2) - Nippon Modus 105
Taylormade P790 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey SM8 49° & 54° SM4 59° - Nippon 1050gh
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 CTR

City, State? San Diego, CA
1. Handicap? 9
2. Current hybrid? TSi 2
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Forgiveness, anti-left bias
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Want to see if I can find the forgiveness and feel of the Biocell with a bit more fade-bias

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x | i500 3i w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130X

Wedges: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

City, State? Altoona Wisconsin 
1. Handicap? 10
2. Current hybrid? F7
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? High launch, no left misses
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? Finally another adjustable cobra hybrid. The f7 is tired. 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yep

Green Lake, WI

Handicap - 16.7

Current Hybrid - Mavrik

What's important? - Forgiveness and distance.

Why do I want to review? - I'm still looking for that "perfect" fit in a hybrid. Higher launch and higher ball speed both sound like great qualifiers to find that fit.

I will gladly participate in reviews with photos!

City, State? Houston, TX
1. Handicap? 7.6
2. Current hybrid? None (Callaway Mavrik sub zero 4 wood is kind of my 2 hybrid)
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Consistency, it will be used on long par 3s and into par 5s, need it to hit a number and be straight. Not looking to hit any crazy shapes other than a baby draw.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? The 220-230 gap is a critical one for my game, I am not the longest off the tee and 220-230 is a common tips yardage on par 3s for me, I am always looking to find something that will help me out in this yardage, so I am interested to see if this will get me where I want to be.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

Kansas City, MO
1. 11.2
2. none cause i struggle with them always going left
3. Not going left is #1 but a good sole to help get through grass is also one
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? To keep my options open on different manufacturers and other styles

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? OF COURSE

City, State? Manti, UT
Handicap? 6.9
Current hybrid?  Cobra speedzone
What is important to you in a hybrid?  Adjustability, forgiving for mishits, and higher ball flight
Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  I want a hybrid that is as effective off the deck, and in the rough as it is off the tee on tight fairways.

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed Fairway
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron, Squareback 2

On 9/30/2021 at 10:45 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

How To Apply
In a post below, answer the following questions.

City, State?
1. Handicap?
2. Current hybrid?
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?

Grand Rapids, MI area

Titleist 818H1

That it doesn't have Alwaysgoleft-itis

Amazing looking club, would like to see if it performs as well

Sure, good words, good photos and bad golf would follow

1. Handicap? 4.7
2. Current hybrid? TaylorMade Rescue 11
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Relatively deep face so I can hit knockdowns, good turf interaction, as forgiving as a 5 wood, low spin, fit the ~240 yard gap in my bag, no left bias.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? It seems to fit my criteria and looks great at address. I've also been wanting a Cobra club back in the bag

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes!

Edited by geesecougar2

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

On 9/30/2021 at 4:45 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

City, State?
1. Handicap?
2. Current hybrid?
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?

Honolulu, Hawaii

1. 9.2

2. Sim2 Max

3. Ability to play from various lies

4. Interested in adjustability, which few other hybrids have

5. Yes

City, State? Green Bay, WI

1. Handicap? 8.8

2. Current hybrid? Cobra Baffler Rail H (2010 I think?)

3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Easy to hit from just about anywhere, high ball flight

4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I love my cobra now but I think technology has advanced that I may see gains.  Also, having a hybrid that is adjustable to the degree that the cobra is would be great to really dial in the club to the current swing and conditions. 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely. 

City, State?  Milton, WV
1. Handicap? 9
2. Current hybrid? SIM2 Rescue 19*
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Adjustability and control anti-left/fade bias. Compact design and sits flat.  I want to be able to hit it off the tee and from the rough. Not much offset. 
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I like the fact you can adjust the weights to help control ball flight. The all black finish looks amazing and the custom shafts available. 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely!

City, State? Delaware, OHCity, State?
1. Handicap? 5.9
2. Current hybrid? Callaway Rouge 2 Ping G30 3
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? Easy to launch, playability out of multiple lies
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? In the market for a new 3 hybrid

City, State?  Carmel, IN
1. Handicap? 11.4
2. Current hybrid?  Taylormade Rescue Dual
3. What is important to you in a hybrid?  Distance control...it's a long iron replacement, not a driver.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  Because my hybrid is very old, and it's difficult to find a replacement that I can trust as much.

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Yes

City, State? - Convoy, Ohio 

1. Handicap? - 8.3 
2. Current hybrid? - Srixon ZX w/ Ventus Blue HB 9X 
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? - The ability to go a long ways, but also fit in my gaps properly!
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? - First of all, I just really love the look and adjustability of this hybrid. I am a big Cobra guy and this might be the best looking hybrid out there, plus that ability to throw the weight out in the toe is awesome for me! This is probably the club I want to try the most for 2021-2022 so I would love to get my hands on it! 

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? - Yes, Absolutely! 

Edited by Nickiet55

Hoover, Alabama 

Handicap = 15 to 18
Current hybrid - Tour Edge EXS
Hybrids are very important as I use them more than fairway woods. 
I want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid because of the potential change it could make in my bag. If it tests out well, could knock out my fairway wood and add a wedge. 

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Very much so! 

City, State?  Portland, OR
1. Handicap?  2.8
2. Current hybrid?  Taylormade M1 19deg, Titleist 818 H1 25 deg
3. What is important to you in a hybrid?  Adjustability to dial-in gapping and offset tendency to hook the ball.  Forgiveness is important too.
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid?  Looking for something with more forgiveness, more consistent distance/trajectory

5. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  YES

City, State? Royal Oak MI
1. Handicap? 10
2. Current hybrid? Cobra FX7 (3) & Baffler (5)
3. What is important to you in a hybrid? High launch, shot dispersion
4. Why do you want to review the Cobra KING Tec Hybrid? I've never found hybrids better than the two I have (both older Cobras). For me, they're the best

Edited by Katke87