2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: GoGoGo Sport GS24 Pro Rangefinder! See What Members Are Saying!

381224023_GoGoGoSportMemberTestingReviews.png.0845dacfb536dbc168076b0bf6abf666.png

We have five members testing out the GoGoGo Sport GS24 Pro Rangefinder! The members listed below will be reporting back to the community about how this product has helped them while reading distances on the course. Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as the testers will be happy to answer them! The testers are:

@bellken

@Torrey4Life

@sheppy335

@AUTIGER07

@cj4501

Thank you to @GoGoGoSportfor putting on this member testing event! Use code "GOLFWRX" for 10% off at www.gogogosport.com!

• Like 1

My initial review -

The GoGoGo Sport GS24 Pro Rangefinder is a wonderful device, and, it works as advertised. It is lightweight, and, uses 2 AAA batteries. Battery life - TBD. I used it for todays round, and, it measured distances, and, there was a slope adjusted distance.  I used it only in golf mode, so, I aimed the target at the flag, and, pressed the button to the measured distances. The distances seemed to be consistent with my Garmin G10 gps, which, displays distance to the middle of the green, along with front and back distances. The distances are displayed to the .1 of a yard, which, is more detailed than I need.  The specifications say +/- 1 m. 

I attached a carabiner to the included case, and, hung it on the towel holder "ring" on my golf bag. The case works great, and, you can use it the attached band to keep the case securely closed with the zipper unzipped. I think it is a little less work to secure the case with the band versus using the zipper. It is nice to have the option.

Rangefinders are available from $600 on down, and, the GoGoGo Sport GS24 with a regular price of $149 (note: currently on sale for $110 - it might be less with the GOLFWRX discount), makes you think it is a freaking cheapo device.  It might be inexpensive, but, it works. I think, the only question is durability, which, will take some time to determine.  GoGoGo Sports offers a 1 year warranty, and, if you don't love it, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund.

I will continue to use the GS24, and, post updates, but, the initial impression is great, and, the only con I can think of is that the display is not lit, so, low light situations might be a problem. (fwiw, I have used the GS24, while wearing glasses, and, contacts without any problems.) 

There are 3 modes:

1. M1 - distance ( 1 number shown)
  2. M2 - Golf, distance to flag, slope adjusted distance, and, slope angle (3 number in view)
  3. M3 - Speed measuring - I haven't tried this out. 

Pictures below:

1st picture - the box it came it. 

2nd picture - the contents inside the box. Rangefinder in the case,  Instruction manual, card with some helpful hints, and, the wristband.

3rd picture - carrying case with band unfastened

4th & 5th pictures - a couple of pages from the manual

6th picture - bottom of the range finder with the battery cover off. It requires 2 AAA batteries.

7th picture - carrying case, while open. Elastic bands on the side to keep the case from opening 180 degrees.  ie. if the band securing the case were to unfasten, while the zipper was fully unzipped, the range finder won't (shouldn't) fall out.

8th & 9th pictures - the rangefinder, and, the range finder with the wrist strap attached.

I am going to try and get some pictures through the rangefinder. If there additional pictures, let me know, and, I will try to get them. But, so far it looks good. 

A big thanks to GoGoGo Sports and golfwrx for the opportunity. I am currently a golf gps user - Garmin G10, so, this will be my first experience with a laser rangefinder. I checked the web site, and, noticed the range finder can be used for golf and hunting. I never knew range finder could be used for speed measuring. I look forward to giving the GoGoGo Sport GS24 a try. 

link to the product - https://gogogosport.com/products/gogogo-sport-gs24-laser-rangefinder-for-golf-hunting-650-yards?currency=USD&variant=32100169646152&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwqeWKBhBFEiwABo_XBsdHahpdcZmIbrVeTm66lmENTvpcUqF0MdQOkxKjTjUJI0Xehrqi9hoC-eEQAvD_BwE

20211004_164059.jpg

20211004_164218.jpg

20211004_172523.jpg

20211004_172609.jpg

20211004_172629.jpg

20211004_172747.jpg

20211004_172849.jpg

20211004_172654.jpg

20211004_173255.jpg

Edited by bellken
update

A huge thank you to GoGoGo Sports and GolfWRX for offering this fantastic opportunity! If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to reach out in the interim.

Product Link

Background on my use of rangefinders:

I grew up playing high school and AJGA events in the late 90's so my go to for finding the right yardage typically falls into one of the following buckets: (1) go find the sprinkler head, (2) buy the yardage book, or (3) take a guess. Over the years I've used GPS systems via the cart or friends systems but to be honest I've never truly found them to be significantly more accurate. I've certainly tried rangefinders across various brands but have never actually purchased one.

Arrival:

The rangefinder arrived via USPS and was delivered earlier in the day than I expected. Off to a good start! The GS24 came in a very small but sturdy box. Contents include: case, rangefinder, strap, lens wipe, operation manual, and a trouble shooting guide. The included case is nice and feels like it would offer a good deal of protection for the unit. It has a felt-type lining inside which is also a nice touch.

Box.jpg.726ce72bd40882f9c481149f0eaf749c.jpg

Contents.jpg.d5151b555e00eacafbab93ca41357403.jpg

GS24 Overview:

My initial impression is that the unit size is very good and overall feels very solid. Like most people, sometimes you have that concern with anything on the "value end" is that sometimes there is a reason for the particular price point. Those concerns were quickly eliminated after holding and interacting with the GS24 for a few minutes as it definitely feels like a quality rangefinder and I could argue that it feels, at least at this initial stage, is that it punches at a higher category than its price point might otherwise reflect.

As a reference, my glove size is a mens large so my hand size is slightly above average. The GS24 fits pretty much perfectly in my hand and is lightweight but not so much that it feels like holding a feather. In order to operate the GS24 you'll need 2 AAA batteries. Once the batteries are in, take 5 minutes to review the operating manual and you are good to go. Overall I've found it to be a very intuitive unit to operate. One nice feature is that I believe the last mode you used (more on that below) stays in that setting. It's nice you don't have to toggle it around to get back to a previous setting.

1516145576_Sideprofile.jpg.6a8ed2c477484c42e684c102848127f6.jpg

2116690543_Sideprofile2.jpg.d73a07da1ddca6a0df3cc246bf6b6e7e.jpgTop.jpg.8ce49ead49fc0e801612515737976ad0.jpg

GS24 Operation:

As mentioned above, this unit is a Dr. Suess-level of easy in terms of operation. Put it up to your eye, push down on the power button, and depending on your mode the distance comes back quickly in yards or meters. Really efficient and easy to use which is great which should help on the course in allowing you to get back to your shot once you've gathered the correct yardage.

The included modes of operation are:

1) M1 = Distance (gives 1 number)

2) M2 = Golf Mode; has a "pin seeker" type of feature and offers adjustments for slope or non-slope and the overall angle.

3) M3 = Speed Measuring

The feature that I really like on this GS24 is the ease of use and confirmation that you are either in or not in slope mode. The pictures below show the difference but a simple toggling left of the switch will result in the red light turning on during use, confirming you are in slope mode. It's a simple move but the confirmation in addition to showing up in the lens is a nice touch.

269722251_Slopeon.jpg.1b8e0451b47842e4403440c1f2538f09.jpg1612864410_Slopeoff.jpg.b58ca6189f1204d9e59d775ce4afd5e7.jpg

Upcoming Review Steps:

I have some time on Saturday so I was planning on taking this to the range to get in some use while practicing. Assuming the rain stays away I'm hoping to get out for 18 on Sunday and at some point next week so there should be several opportunities to put this through testing over the next week or two.

Edited by AUTIGER07

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

First, huge thanks to GoGoGo and GolfWRX - I'd recently had my rangefinder stolen and it was quite deflating - those V5's aren't cheap.  I hadn't played since then.  This was a nice little spirit lifter to get me back out there again.

Second, a bit about myself to help contextualize.  I am in my mid-40s, pretty athletic guy, 6.5 index at the present.  I'm definitely a technologist/engineer type at heart.  I take my gear seriously - I'd rather buy something nice once and stick with that.  I'm also a guy that doesn't care what club I'm swinging - if the clubs are the best for me, they're the best for me.  For example, my set of ZX5s kicked my MP-20 MMCs out of my bag because they simply work better (some of you may remember my review of the ZX5's - nothing has changed since).  In other words - I'm not going to blow smoke at  you all simply because i was given this rangefinder.  I borrowed a couple rangefinders from my neighbors to test things out and give you all a good idea of what you'd be working with here and tried to give you as much perspective as i could.  I am of course happy to answer any followup questions.

---

Okay - to start: what's in the box??

20211004_102545.jpg.4f1932fc57fafcfa975e408a4b17db73.jpg

Probably the least important aspect is the packaging here, but I wanted to show everyone what you get.  No frills at all, just the product and necessities.  I wish the manual had been a little more comprehensive but a couple minutes of playing with the rangefinder was all I needed to get it down.  

I should have included the case in the "what's in the box" pic but wanted to point it out by itself just so you can see it better:

20211004_105109.jpg.7dad11f1e423ae50ff87303587d0857a.jpg

Pretty standard case here, no complaints.  Given my experience with having my unit stolen I'd have liked something a little more subtle, but that's just me.  This case is nice, no issues with it on my end.

Here's a couple shots of the unit itself compared to a Bushnell V3 (with silicon case) and a Precision Pro NX7:

20211004_102608.jpg.5d918c24d0a7e1fac94298bdfa47b475.jpg

20211004_102628.jpg.a296900c5dcd522ebf00ba3e7024932e.jpg

Slightly bigger than the comps but it's not unwieldy at all.  Fit nicely in my hand.   Build quality is important to me - I want to feel like what i have is going to last.  It was very comparable to the NX7 in terms of weight and feel.  The Bushnell V3 had more heft to it and this gave it a bit more of a "solid" feeling.  Kind of hard to describe what I mean, but the additional weight made it feel "better" when I held it.  The V5 is the king however in build quality, but it is also several times more expensive so...

Usage

It was pretty easy to figure out.  Like I said I would have liked a more thorough instruction booklet but I figured it out pretty quick and I don't think that this will be an issue for most folks.  Most of us will keep it in Mode 2 and leave it there, but the continuous measuring capability of mode 1 will be interesting to play with on the course.  Mode 3 (speed measurement) just seems like something they left in there because they couldn't be bothered to remove it, I don't think any of us will need it.  

It was pretty quick in giving distances, noticeably faster than the NX7 which was nice.  It really is just click once to power on, then hold down on your target until you get a reading.  The characters are easy to read and the layout is clean and simple.  Definitely on par with both comps here in terms of display quality, but faster than the NX7 by a decent bit and a little slower than the Bushnells V3 in terms of speed to providing a distance measurement. 

One often overlooked factor - they eyepiece is on there pretty solid and doesn't feel flimsy when adjusting.  I hated the bushnell XE because the eyepiece became easy to accidentally knock off when it sat in the sun and heated up - it was held in place by some crappy glue.  This eyepiece is in there solid.

Oh and using AAA batteries and not CR2 is a big plus - most people have AAAs lying around.  However, me being me I now have a half dozen CR2s I don't need anymore ha!

Accuracy amongst the comps was always very close, no surprises there.

Overall

Overall, if you want a well performing rangefinder that won't break the bank then you definitely owe yourself a good look at the GoGoGo line.  I was thinking of getting another V5 with my next paycheck but I'm just going to stick with this one - for me at least, the slight perf gains are not worth the hundreds of dollars more in cost in my humble opinion.  Note that I do NOT feel like I am settling - I am quite satisfied with the GS24.

Edited by Torrey4Life

Finally got to the Mailbox to get my GOgogo and WOW am I impressed. I took it to the range at Lunch today for quick spin. I will post pictures with my next post. I literally opened the box in the car at the range, i was completely shocked by how little the package was, but impressed. The device somes with a great case, it is super light weight and Simple to use. I pooped in 2 AAA batteries and off i was to use it. It is made so everyone, they made a simple design that just works. It is super accurate so far, i cannot weight to get this one the course tomorrow.  

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Thanks GOLFWRX AND GOGOGO for the opportunity to test my first laser rangefinder!

FIRST APPEARANCE 

- case is well made and rangefinder is very light.  I have small ish hands and it fits my hands ok.  I don't have any experience with laser rangefinders so can't really give a good comparison in that aspect.    I do like how easy it was to just pop 2 AAA batteries in and away u can go.  

*playing Friday so will give a on course review

20211004_182831.jpg

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

fwiw, I had some difficulty taking pictures through the viewfinder, which, is why the pictures below look kind of bad. The view through the rangefinder is very clear, but, my phone tended to shift as I was taking the picture.

Pictures through the viewfinder: 

Pics 1-2 - Mode 2 (golf mode) Top number is distance, and, the number below the target mark is the slope adjusted distance. The slope angle is below the slope adjusted distance. 

Pics 3-4 - Mode 1 (distance) It displays the distance to the measured target. I am not sure, what the rangefinder picked up on in the picture, where, the driving range netting is getting repaired, as, I know that distance is less than 250 yards.

20211005_095039.jpg

20211005_094632.jpg

20211005_094841.jpg

20211005_095000.jpg

20211005_094648.jpg

20211005_094838.jpg

Edited by bellken
update
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GoGoGoSport said:

If you meet any questions just send me message. 

Here is a 10% off code for golfwrx users only: GolfWRX

https://gogogosport.com/

The GS24 can be ordered with or without the slope switch.  Is the GS22, the range finder without the slope switch? 

And, is the slope switch, the switch on the left side of the range finder?  The operation manual does not show the switch placement. 

thanks,

Updated placeholder post above

Played 9 holes in golf league today. Having the gogogo on my bag didn't add any weight or difficulty to access it. I am impressed with it ability to pick out a flag and other objects on the course. I was also using my gatmin watch for comparison and it was within a yard, I will not say the gogogo was off since GPS isn't always exact. Other playera in my 4 some were also impressed with it, saying the weight and ease of use made it a worthy purchase.

To put it in notion I birdied 3 of the last 4 holes with help of gogogo getting great yardage. It also started to rain and it disnt effect the device, my old device would have issues with rain. I am playing again this weekend that I will use the gogogo again, plus my daughter will be using in a golf tournament for high school. Till next review thanks again this is a great device.

20211007_162839.jpg

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 

I used mine Friday and was very impressed for my first rangefinder.   It was very easy to pick up the flag and optics were super clear!   If u want a wallet friendly rangefinder,  GET THIS!   I was more than pleased with the weight, clarity and ease of use.   

• Like 1

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

I played this weekend with my daughter. She is a new user of a range finder so i thought it would be a good test of the device. Here are her findings. 

1. The case is nice and hooks well to her bag but looking for a better way to hang it so she can open it to use while walking. I showed her afterward what to do to make that happen. 

2. She thought the device was a good weight, not heavy and not to light. It also fit nicely in her push cart area to place.

3. Thought it was easy to use, quick learning curve with the device. A little longer to learn how to use the device itself not the gogogo.

4. She noticed really no difference between it and her gps, unless she misshot the Range Finder. Learning curve. 

after the round she told me it is something she would like for during matches and would use it in different areas then her GPS. She was impressed with the overall feel, tech and ability to learn to use the device. When comparing it to ones sold in her proshop she stated it was just like the higher prices Range finders with just as much tech and a much better price. 

This is a device she would recommend to her 

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 

I have a similar but less expensive Gogogo Sport Vpro. It has the same features as the reviewed model except it doesn't have the slope switch, which doesn't matter outside of tournament play. It uses a CR2 3 volt battery. I've had the same battery since I got it last May, playing 36 holes a week. Highly recommended, it's a great value.

Cleveland Launcher HB Driver 10.5 degree

Cleveland Launcher Halo Hybrids 16, 19, 22 degree

Cleveland Launcher HB Irons 5-SW

Cleveland CBX 2 Wedge 60 degree

All with graphite shafts, JumboMax Ultra Lite size S

Taylor Made Daddy Long Legs putter, Winn Dri-Tac Jumbo Lite Pistol Putter Grip

Callaway Supersoft

I have one of these as well. Purchased at the start of the year on a whim on Amazon. Hands down it was worth every single penny. Especially for the fact i saved over $200 for the comparable Bushnell range finder. Played 40+ rounds this year and never changed the batteries once since purchase. The only downside is that it does take a solid 1 or 2 seconds for a read sometimes. But, for around $100 versus $300 or $400+, I will take that every day of the week. Great range finder and I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a new one. 

• Like 2

I bought a GS24 because it's absurd what Bushnell and others are charging us for this technology.  As a former Leupold and Bushnell user, this thing is worth every penny.  It takes only 1-2 seconds to acquire a pin and is extremely accurate.  

It would be nice to have an eyepiece/viewfinder that is larger.  Maybe we'll get that on a future update.  

Quick update from my end. A lot of rain and colder temps have limited my getting out the last few weeks but I have been able to test on the course and once on the range. Overall it's very easy to use and is quick to pull in the targeted distance. I've really enjoyed using it and both playing partners thought it was absurd how good it is for the money.

On the course I've been testing it against Grint, which is what I've been using for distance the last 2 years. The yardage between the two is typically within 2 yards but I've found I use the GS24 much more on shots into the green as the distance into the flag is certainly more accurate than "guessing" where the flag is and moving the point around on the Grint map.

Overall I think it's a great rangefinder and for the money it's a stupid good deal. Would definitely recommend the GS24 to anyone in the market for a rangefinder.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like everyone is still pretty happy with their purchases & content winners still? I was going to order one of these today but still reading all of the reviews. For the money, it seems like a steal of a deal?

David

:taylormade-small: SIM 9* - Hzdrus RDX Black 70

:taylormade-small: M1-3HL- Hzdrus RDX Blue 70

:callaway-small:     Steelhead 7WD RCH99

:bridgestone-small: J15 CB 4-pw C-Taper Lite

:benhogan-small:Equalizer Wedges 50*-54*-58* V- Tour

:seemore:- M3W

MAXFLI TOUR 

I bought it last night Gogogo Sport VPro GS24- we will see if its worth a darn. 1 year warranty with triple A's instead of a CR2 and under a $100- I don't care if it takes an extra second, I just want it to accurately work. 

I really wanted that Precision Pro R1 but couldn't justify the 300 clams for it and only playing twice a week on the same course.

:taylormade-small: SIM 9* - Hzdrus RDX Black 70

:taylormade-small: M1-3HL- Hzdrus RDX Blue 70

:callaway-small:     Steelhead 7WD RCH99

:bridgestone-small: J15 CB 4-pw C-Taper Lite

:benhogan-small:Equalizer Wedges 50*-54*-58* V- Tour

:seemore:- M3W

MAXFLI TOUR