Brooks v Bryson in a 12 hole match in Vegas 11/26

jdl

Brooks whipped his butt.  I think Brooks dislike for BDC is real and with Phil saying BDC will basically win easy, probably fueled BK even more.

I wouldnt be surprised if Brooks wants a piece of Phil.

I agree, bring back the skins game would be cool. 

• Haha 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

26 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Phil would hand Brooks his a**. Easy. He wouldn't even have to try. I mean, we're talking about one of the greatest to ever play the game vs a guy that had a good run for a minute but hasn't even been close to the top of a leaderboard in a while. 

And gold help anyone playing Phil in a money game. 

Phil would not beat BK as bad as you think.  In fact I would put money on BK.  Outside of the Champions Tour and the PGA hasn’t contended much either.  Phil may have more tour wins by a wide margin, but in majors it’s 6-4 and Phil’s match play record isn’t great either, and I like Phil.

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

24 minutes ago, jgonz69 said:

Didn’t watch yet, but I’m guessing brooks was trying his totally forced (unfunny)humor ala Brady. BAD being awkward. And of course, know it all Phil making it all about himself and enlightening us with all his awesome knowledge of everything

Not really.  Brooks was totally chill today and Bryson was the one who looked uncomfortable all day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I agree, bring back the skins game would be cool. 

If sponsors thought there was any value to it the skins game wouldn't have been gone since 2008. Especially after what some of the final fields were and the god awful television ratings. Same with the old SWWOG matches. Nostalgia is great but it is merely a mirage we create in our own minds. Nostalgia doesn't pay the bills.

1 hour ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Phil would not beat BK as bad as you think.  In fact I would put money on BK.  Outside of the Champions Tour and the PGA hasn’t contended much either.  Phil may have more tour wins by a wide margin, but in majors it’s 6-4 and Phil’s match play record isn’t great either, and I like Phil.

Outside of his all time fluke win at Kiawah for the PGA, Phils performance on the PGA Tour has been god awful for 2+ years. People really need to take at look at his performance of the last couple of years. It's awful. There was a very real reason Phil was ranked 116th in the OWGR before his PGA win. He stunk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grm24 said:

Outside of his all time fluke win at Kiawah for the PGA, Phils performance on the PGA Tour has been god awful for 2+ years. People really need to take at look at his performance of the last couple of years. It's awful. There was a very real reason Phil was ranked 116th in the OWGR before his PGA win. He stunk. 

Amazing outlier of a win nevertheless.

But I agree besides the outlier there wasn't much else.

Phil Mickelson Golf GIF

13 minutes ago, iBanesto said:

Amazing outlier of a win nevertheless. But I agree besides the outlier there wasn't much else.

Agreed. An all time great win for PM. End of discussion. That's all it was. A great moment especially at his age. His Champions Tour success aside since then has no relevance when compared to his recent PGA Tour play. Let's recall that Phil a few years back complained that he would only play PGA Tour events in the future that would allow him play events that didn't have tough setups and let him be aggressive.  Really a player that many consider him a top 10-15 player admitting he wouldn't play tough conditions on the PGA Tour?

Phil on the PGA Tour has been just as bad post PGA Championship win as his pre championship win. It's unlikely to change. The numbers don't lie. Since his WGC Mexico win in 2018 that ended his long winless streak, his 2019 AT&T win in 2019 through his PGA Championship win Phil has been played quite poorly on the PGA Tour. The results show that. The issue is that many people here don't take the time to actually look at the actual numbers. #fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grm24 said:

Agreed. An all time great win for PM. End of discussion. That's all it was. A great moment especially at his age. His Champions Tour success aside since then has no relevance when compared to his recent PGA Tour play. Let's recall that Phil a few years back complained that he would only play PGA Tour events in the future that would allow him play events that didn't have tough setups and let him be aggressive.  Really a player that many consider him a top 10-15 player admitting he wouldn't play tough conditions on the PGA Tour?

Phil on the PGA Tour has been just as bad post PGA Championship win as his pre championship win. It's unlikely to change. The numbers don't lie. Since his WGC Mexico win in 2018 that ended his long winless streak, his 2019 AT&T win in 2019 through his PGA Championship win Phil has been played quite poorly on the PGA Tour. The results show that. The issue is that many people here don't take the time to actually look at the actual numbers. #fact.

Agreed.

Some people read too much into a win such as Phil's at the PGA.

Another one IMO is DeChambeau's dominant win at the US Open, where some people believed that he has changed the game and near 200 mile ball speed is required because he will dominant every course he plays now. Even McIlory fell into that trap and lost his game.

But if you look at his results after this win although it has been consistent and solid, DeChambeau is not 'dominating' game with his distance.

Again, IMO it was just a week where everything worked for him.

Bryson Dechambeau Golf GIF by Rocket Mortgage

5 hours ago, grm24 said:

Is this Lanny Watkins posting?

5 hours ago, grm24 said:

• Haha 1

I've never been a BDC fan, let's get that out of the way.  

But throughout this whole feud, and watching Brooks today, he's way more d-bag than chill.  If he were actually chill he would let his game yesterday and general upper hand in this feud being the "cooler" of the two guys speak for itself.  Beat BDC, be chill and classy doing it, and then go party in Vegas.  Period.

The conceded putt (on 7, I think - the one where BDC missed his birdie and ultimately had a longer comebacker) was an example of what I am getting at here.  Not giving a s*** and suggesting "good-good" after BDC ended up with the longer putt was the right move and a nice little flex by him when already up 3 with 5 to play.  But then the words he chooses in the quick interview that followed made him sounds like a d-bag... It's like Brooks is one notch below having the necessary maturity to really come out on top on this one.  I say, act "as-if" Brooks and if you really want to win the feud, play it a little cooler. Everyone knows he hates BDC, but it would be way cooler if he could control himself enough to not look so helplessly annoyed all the time. 

• Like 1

Tsi3 10* Tensel 1k White 70x
Tsi2 16.5* Tour AD TP 8X;

Apex UW 19* Aldila Green 8x

818h2 21* Atmos Blue 8x

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 iron

2019 T100 Tour issue 5-9 s400

SM9 46F, SM6 54s and 60s s400

Kenny Gianinni G2 Chubby

3 hours ago, iBanesto said:

Agreed.

Another one IMO is DeChambeau's dominant win at the US Open, where some people believed that he has changed the game and near 200 mile ball speed is required because he will dominant every course he plays now. Even McIlory fell into that trap and lost his game.

But if you look at his results after this win although it has been consistent and solid, DeChambeau is not 'dominating' game with his distance.

Let's see, Phil's win at Kiawah was on one of, if not the hardest golf course in the country. Had never been done before in the history of golf. Was against the strongest field. And he was paired the final day with Brooks. Also, do you realize how many PGA players would take 3 wins ANYWHERE  in the last 4 years? How many even sniff a win when they get in their 40's? How in the world is that considered overrated?

• Like 4

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

From what I watched it seemed like Mickelson was talking over everyone in his sunday golf attire. And two golfers being forced to have some type of personality, with alittle fake hype all over the place. The tweet of Barkley as Charlie the chimp was dumb to put on tv in this environment

Edited by freeze16172002

4 hours ago, iBanesto said:

Agreed.

Ironically he won with his putting that week. 

39 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

I've never been a BDC fan, let's get that out of the way.  

But throughout this whole feud, and watching Brooks today, he's way more d-bag than chill.  If he were actually chill he would let his game yesterday and general upper hand in this feud being the "cooler" of the two guys speak for itself.  Beat BDC, be chill and classy doing it, and then go party in Vegas.  Period.

The conceded putt (on 7, I think - the one where BDC missed his birdie and ultimately had a longer comebacker) was an example of what I am getting at here.  Not giving a s*** and suggesting "good-good" after BDC ended up with the longer putt was the right move and a nice little flex by him when already up 3 with 5 to play.  But then the words he chooses in the quick interview that followed made him sounds like a d-bag... It's like Brooks is one notch below having the necessary maturity to really come out on top on this one.  I say, act "as-if" Brooks and if you really want to win the feud, play it a little cooler. Everyone knows he hates BDC, but it would be way cooler if he could control himself enough to not look so helplessly annoyed all the time. 

I think complete opposite. BDC is insufferable and brooks is the only one not publicly kissing his ash. That IS cool. 

• Like 1